NATION

PASSWORD

Time Revolution (Time Travel RP) OOC: (OPEN!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

To Reboot or not to reboot?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:12 pm

Yeah let's get it going (I will reboot within a month)
100%
Nah Bro
No votes
I have some ideas read my post in the OOC!
No votes

Total votes : 4

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Time Revolution (Time Travel RP) OOC: (OPEN!)

Postby Alouite » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:25 pm

IC: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=288427

[align=left]Background: (Straight from the source; http://www.stfc.ac.uk/646.aspx )
The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is the most powerful particle accelerator ever built. Based at the European particle physics laboratory CERN, near Geneva in Switzerland, it is the world’s largest laboratory and is dedicated to the pursuit of fundamental science.

The LHC allows scientists to reproduce the conditions that existed within a billionth of a second after the Big Bang. This is the moment, around 14 billion years ago, when the Universe is believed to have started with an explosion of energy and matter. During this first moment of time the particles and forces that shaped our Universe came into existence.

Scientists recreate these conditions by colliding beams of high-energy protons or ions at close to the speed of light. This takes place inside the LHC’s 27km circular accelerator 100m below the ground.

On 4 July 2012 two of the experiments on the LHC, ATLAS and CMS, announced that they had detected a Higgs-like Boson. Further announcements since have confirmed that it is the boson physicists have been looking for since it was predicted 50 years ago. This is one of the greatest discoveries of our time made possible by the unique conditions of the LHC.

Key facts

The LHC is exactly what its name suggests - a large collider of hadrons. Strictly, LHC refers to the collider; a machine that deserves to be labelled ‘large’, it not only weighs more than 38,000 tonnes, but runs for 27km (16.5m) in a circular tunnel 100 metres beneath the Swiss/French border at Geneva.

However, the collider is only one of three essential parts of the LHC project. The other two are:

the detectors, which sit in 4 huge chambers at points around the LHC tunnel
the GRID, which is a global network of computers and software essential to processing the data recorded by LHC’s detectors
The LHC’s 27km loop in a sense encircles the globe, because the LHC project is supported by an enormous international community of scientists and engineers. Working in multinational teams, at CERN and around the world, they are building and testing LHC equipment and software, participating in experiments and analysing data. The UK has a major role in leading the project and has scientists and engineers working on all the main experiments.

Storyline: The Hadron collider was a major project taking decades of work and testing to be completed. Its purpose? To imitate the Big bang on a much smaller basis so that they can prove the theory correct through copying it. However, they had made several flaws in the design, and unknown to the scientists who continued working on it, it had become a machine capable of disrupting physics. Because of its flaws the universe it created did not properly coexist with the universe outside of it and containing it and the result was a compromise, the miniature universe collapsed in on itself, first forming a wormhole that's gravity pulled the entire Facility, or the Epicenter through it, and later exploding leveling the city of Geneva and surrounding areas before all the energy could be released. Finally the reaction calmed and all that was left was a crater where Geneva once was. But the scientists, tourists, supervisors and bodyguards that were at the compound on the day of the final test were not dead, they were transported through time to that very same place in time in September, 19, 1917. The Middle of World War One or 'Great War' and nearing the end of the Soviet Revolution. Now in the countryside off of Geneva in French territory you and the other survivors will need to cope with the time shift, or maybe, just maybe, somehow make it better.

How this doesn't affect the future, at least, your future: When you travel back in time, you have already changed the past since you weren't there. But the Butterfly effect would make a seemingly small change catastrophic perhaps even canceling out your existence somehow. But if you don't exist in the universe you're in you can't simply cease to exist, because you're right there. So instead, by travelling back in time you, by intention or not, have created a parallel universe where things are vastly different in the time you live in. In the end cancelling out the butterfly effect in the universe you came from. If you still don't get it here is the Many Worlds Theory for you to check out, I put it in the section Time Travel, but feel free to look through the whole page if you like. But remember that it is unlikely any of you know this theory in the rp.

What's the Facility like? This:Image The visitors will begin in the Atlas Research center.
Application: (No more than four characters per rper)
Name:
Appearance:
Skills:
Weaknesses:
Items:
Reason you were at the LHC Facility:
Bio (3-10 sentences):
Questions:

Rules:
-No Flaming
-No Godmodding
-No OPing
-No Metagaming
-No Obscene scenes (This is rated PG-13)
-Know who your OP and Co-op are
Last edited by Alouite on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:27 pm

Bah.

If you don't mind, I think I'll make my own. With blackjack and knights.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:30 pm

Rupudska wrote:Bah.

If you don't mind, I think I'll make my own. With blackjack and knights.

Then why'd you post here?
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:47 pm

About to make a post.
Russia,Imperialism, fascism, Religion, Speedo-clad politicians and North Korea
Team Reek, Centralised EU, Australia, NATO, Ukraine(Kiev Rus), Poland, China, Obama and Democrat led Murica
'Straya

This user deplores oxygen pirates, so oxygen pirates beware.

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Name: Luke Kennedy
Appearance:

Skills: Diplomatic, knows French and Russian
Weaknesses: Physically weak
Items: Passport
Reason you were at the LHC Facility: Visiting Geneva as part of his duties as a diplomat in Switzerland.
Bio (3-10 sentences): Luke Kennedy was born in Brisbane, Australia to a long-line of farmers and public servants. A descendant of the Dal Cglais clan, Luke was a keen history student, one of the main reasons he chose to become a diplomat. Visiting the battlefield of World War 1 at the age of 15, Luke gained an understanding of the blood needlessly shed in some of the battle due to the incompetence of the Generals. He had always wondered what would have happened if he had commanded the troops. In his travels, Luke found Switzerland to be to his liking; it's wealth and seclusion were appetising. When he became a diplomat, his first assignment was to Switzerland. When Luke arrived in Switzerland, he went around the country, with his last stop being the Large Hadron Collider.
Questions:
Team Reek, Centralised EU, Australia, NATO, Ukraine(Kiev Rus), Poland, China, Obama and Democrat led Murica
'Straya

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Reddogkeno101 wrote:Name: Luke Kennedy
Appearance:
Reason you were at the LHC Facility: Visiting Geneva as part of his duties as a diplomat in Switzerland.
Bio (3-10 sentences): Luke Kennedy was born in Brisbane, Australia to a long-line of farmers and public servants. A descendant of the Dal Cglais clan, Luke was a keen history student, one of the main reasons he chose to become a diplomat. Visiting the battlefield of World War 1 at the age of 15, Luke gained an understanding of the blood needlessly shed in some of the battle due to the incompetence of the Generals. He had always wondered what would have happened if he had commanded the troops. In his travels, Luke found Switzerland to be to his liking; it's wealth and seclusion were appetising. When he became a diplomat, his first assignment was to Switzerland. When Luke arrived in Switzerland, he went around the country, with his last stop being the Large Hadron Collider.
Questions:

Accepted. You can be CO- OP since this was originally your Idea.
Hyman Minsky

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Alouite wrote:
Reddogkeno101 wrote:Name: Luke Kennedy
Appearance:
Questions:

Accepted. You can be CO- OP since this was originally your Idea.

Thank you very much. Should I put a link in sig?
'Straya

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:05 pm

Reddogkeno101 wrote:
Alouite wrote:Accepted. You can be CO- OP since this was originally your Idea.

Thank you very much. Should I put a link in sig?

Sounds good to me.
Hyman Minsky

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:07 pm

If I get enough rpers to sign up, I could have the IC launched by tomorrow night, perhaps even sooner.
Hyman Minsky

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Alouite wrote:If I get enough rpers to sign up, I could have the IC launched by tomorrow night, perhaps even sooner.

make an ad in the RP ad thing?
'Straya

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Reddogkeno101 wrote:
Alouite wrote:If I get enough rpers to sign up, I could have the IC launched by tomorrow night, perhaps even sooner.

make an ad in the RP ad thing?

Can you hand me the link please? I haven't used that thing in ages.
Hyman Minsky

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:27 pm

Alouite wrote:
Reddogkeno101 wrote:make an ad in the RP ad thing?

Can you hand me the link please? I haven't used that thing in ages.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283489
'Straya

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:25 pm

Thanks Red.
Hyman Minsky

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:28 pm

Alouite wrote:Thanks Red.

Not a problem. Now to get some more people :P
'Straya

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:18 pm

I will get my apparently up soon.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:41 am

Yup, Im rebooting this in a week. This time it will take place during the French Revolution, and since the most of the place is on French Ground, there will be much to explain when you come across revolutionary and monarchist troops.
Hyman Minsky

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:58 pm

Actually I will have it be a time travel agency much like that of the book and movie Timeline
Hyman Minsky

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Alouite wrote:Actually I will have it be a time travel agency much like that of the book and movie Timeline

Please elaborate?
'Straya

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:32 pm

Reddogkeno101 wrote:
Alouite wrote:Actually I will have it be a time travel agency much like that of the book and movie Timeline

Please elaborate?

I think they would prefer the ability to change timelines more than once. And to do so I would have a time travel Agency send them back to the time they wanted and then have them return after X days if they reach the location they started in.
Hyman Minsky

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Alouite wrote:
Reddogkeno101 wrote:Please elaborate?

I think they would prefer the ability to change timelines more than once. And to do so I would have a time travel Agency send them back to the time they wanted and then have them return after X days if they reach the location they started in.

I dislike this greatly. Part of what drew me to this RP was the fact that the were unable to control the fact that they were sent back in time.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:34 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Alouite wrote:I think they would prefer the ability to change timelines more than once. And to do so I would have a time travel Agency send them back to the time they wanted and then have them return after X days if they reach the location they started in.

I dislike this greatly. Part of what drew me to this RP was the fact that the were unable to control the fact that they were sent back in time.

Then perhaps not there was an accident preventing another time warp, however, I believe you said you launched a thread on this aswell, may I have a link?
Hyman Minsky

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:36 pm

Alouite wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

Then perhaps not there was an accident preventing another time warp, however, I believe you said you launched a thread on this aswell, may I have a link?

I didn't launch the thread yet, I said I might.

And I decided to base it largely on an older RP that Nationstateslandsville made.

And even then, I've had another idea since, and might not make that time travel RP for quite some time, if at all.
Last edited by Rupudska on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:08 pm

This idea is amazing!

Name: John Grey.
Appearance: Blues eyes, black hair, broad shoulders, 5'10 ft tall.
Skills: He has a 160 I.Q. and is quick and strong for his age.
Weaknesses: Doesn't have any military training weapons or special powers.
Items: Spare parts. Grey likes to tinker with machines.
Reason you were at the LHC Facility: He snuck onto the facility pretending to be a son of a rich patron in the facility and sneaking through main security.
Bio (3-10 sentences): John Grey is an orphan who has been abused all his life. At 10 years old he ran away and he has been living on his own for 4 years. When he heard about this time travel event he knew he had to go see it as he was always interested in machines. Because he is not supposed to be at the time travel launch he will most likely try to remain unnoticed.
Questions: Do you have the continuity errors worked out? It seems like you don't know how you will do this RP.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:14 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Alouite wrote:I think they would prefer the ability to change timelines more than once. And to do so I would have a time travel Agency send them back to the time they wanted and then have them return after X days if they reach the location they started in.

Same. I would lose interest if that happened. You might as well be The Doctor if that's the case.
'Straya

Vesperis
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:33 am

Ooh! I like this RP a lot! Tagging for interest, will post an app later today
Hi I'm Ves and I'm always a slut for Aona roleplays

✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

Female
I live in a hovel in P2TM and I don't leave
I RP girls because no one else will
Pacific Standard Time UTC - 8