NATION

PASSWORD

Breaking The 4th Wall: Future Class [OOC] {Open-Sign Ups}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Communist Androids
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Androids » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:29 pm

I think we should just say if there is no decisive victor, it's a draw. With any other way, it is to difficult to judge and, as it is here, can be argued over rather easily. Too subjective, two different people could look at results and come to different conclusions and both technically be right.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:30 pm

The Abel Imaginarium wrote:
Terintania wrote:I would say generally who killed the other either the most, or first, depending on how long the fight went. If there was only one death, then whoever killed the other. If there was more then one, whoever killed the most.

I think I a better idea. To prevent anymore notions of Beifang favoritism or wahtever...I'll get a P2TM Mentor who is not involved with the RP to judge using Prey....fair enough?

Seems a little unnecessary, and not something you could really probably do for every match, but it's your RP. What doesn't work about my suggestion?
Times are looking grim these days~

Damak Var
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damak Var » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Terintania wrote:Because neither won. Neither killed the other. Yin injured Taint, which he didn't really care about, and he simi-injured her. Both were still able to fight, and as mentioned, Taint was without magic and she still didn't manage to defeat him.

they're both still alive, both minorly injured, and both still fighting.

Alright so how would we judge the winning & losing scale when the BMT games are up?...by who gets injured the most? who striked the most attacks or who killed off each other first or what?.....cause honestly I have difficulty doing this.

I took this idea from a Hollywood RP that I ran but failed.

Pretty much, there will be a random roll 1-1000 (you can do this on excel). Two rolls will be done for each team. The one who gets a number closer to the number 1, wins.

Team leaders will get a 100 points to expend. Points they don't expend carries over unto the next match so there's an incentive not to spend them all. For every point you decide to expend, that shortens your spread by say...5. So if you spend all 100 points, your roll will only be 1-500, therefore increasing your chance of winning the match. But you could still lose to somebody who has expended no points. Loser gets an additional 25 points to spend next round (in addition to the ones they did not spend last round), winner gets 50 (in addition to what they did not spend). That's my idea.

Otherwise, I think the next best idea is to elect a panel of 3 judges composed of teachers not fighting in the match. They will judge the winner.

EDIT: Example...

Team 1 decides to spend 50 points. Their roll 1-750.

Team 2 decides to spend 70 points. Their roll is 1-650

Team 1 rolls 350, Team 2 rolls 475. Even though team 2 spent more points, increasing their probability of winning, it is still a probability. Since Team 1's roll is closer to 1, they win.

Team 1 has 100 points to spend next round. 50 left over points + 50 from winning.

Team 2 has 55 points to spend next round. 30 left over points + 25 from losing.
Last edited by Damak Var on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:39 pm

Damak Var wrote:
Alright so how would we judge the winning & losing scale when the BMT games are up?...by who gets injured the most? who striked the most attacks or who killed off each other first or what?.....cause honestly I have difficulty doing this.

Pretty much, there will be a random roll 1-1000 (you can do this on excel). Two rolls will be done for each team. The one who gets a number closer to the number 1, wins.

Team leaders will get a 100 points to expend. Points they don't expend carries over unto the next match so there's an incentive not to spend them all. For every point you decide to expend, that shortens your spread by say...5. So if you spend all 100 points, your roll will only be 1-500, therefore increasing your chance of winning the match. But you could still lose to somebody who has expended no points. Loser gets an additional 25 points to spend next round (in addition to the ones they did not spend last round), winner gets 50 (in addition to what they did not spend). That's my idea.

Otherwise, I think the next best idea is to elect a panel of 3 judges composed of teachers not fighting in the match. They will judge the winner.

First part sounds more like luck then anything, which I don't think would be a good idea. The second part makes no sense to me and the last seems like the best to me.

Damak Var
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Damak Var » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:40 pm

Terintania wrote:
Damak Var wrote:

First part sounds more like luck then anything, which I don't think would be a good idea. The second part makes no sense to me and the last seems like the best to me.

Yes it is luck. But you can increase your odds. I think that would be the fairest way to decide instead of a subjective judgment or people arguing over who wins OOC.

Damak Var
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Damak Var » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:41 pm

Example...

Team 1 decides to spend 50 points. Their roll 1-750. 50 points X 5 = 250. Then 1000-250. 50 points leftover.

Team 2 decides to spend 70 points. Their roll is 1-650. 70 points x 5 = 350. Then 1000-350. 30 points leftover.

Team 1 rolls 350, Team 2 rolls 475. Even though team 2 spent more points, increasing their probability of winning, it is still a probability. Since Team 1's roll is closer to 1, they win.

Team 1 has 100 points to spend next round. 50 left over points + 50 from winning.

Team 2 has 55 points to spend next round. 30 left over points + 25 from losing.
Last edited by Damak Var on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:42 pm

Terintania wrote:
I think I a better idea. To prevent anymore notions of Beifang favoritism or wahtever...I'll get a P2TM Mentor who is not involved with the RP to judge using Prey....fair enough?

Seems a little unnecessary, and not something you could really probably do for every match, but it's your RP. What doesn't work about my suggestion?

Communist Androids wrote:I think we should just say if there is no decisive victor, it's a draw. With any other way, it is to difficult to judge and, as it is here, can be argued over rather easily. Too subjective, two different people could look at results and come to different conclusions and both technically be right.

This ^actually. Com is right

I've been in other RPs where even when the OP gives a seemingly fair and final judgement there would be protests and major oppositions from the other party who in their perspective think its wrong and what-not and then goes on and on arguing & debating about it until the entire RP is messed up and ends up getting locked up by the mods.

If the P2TM Mentor is not available for all the matches then we'll have no choice but to settle those matches ourselves.

For Damak's suggestion I like the relying on chance part but there could be problems for that too. His second suggestion i didn't understand as well :lol: ...sorry I'm not a college student yet so my knowledge is alittle still....immature :roll:

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:43 pm

TBH, just use real examples from real battle tournaments, match ends when one surrenders or is unable to fight. If time runs out and both are still fighting it's a draw, if both become unable to fight at the same time it's a draw (Or you wait to see who recovers first to decide the winner.).

Unable to fight doesn't necesairly mean unconscious, wile this is the most obvious one, it can also mean to exhausted to do anything or trapped in a way he/she can't do anything and is unable to escape.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:47 pm

Siliarba wrote:TBH, just use real examples from real battle tournaments, match ends when one surrenders or is unable to fight. If time runs out and both are still fighting it's a draw, if both become unable to fight at the same time it's a draw (Or you wait to see who recovers first to decide the winner.).

Unable to fight doesn't necesairly mean unconscious, wile this is the most obvious one, it can also mean to exhausted to do anything or trapped in a way he/she can't do anything and is unable to escape.

To me, having it based off of this is the best way to do it.

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Siliarba wrote:TBH, just use real examples from real battle tournaments, match ends when one surrenders or is unable to fight. If time runs out and both are still fighting it's a draw, if both become unable to fight at the same time it's a draw (Or you wait to see who recovers first to decide the winner.).

I think this idea is alright by me actually. So a char doesn't HAVE to be killed for the fight to end which is good and eliminates one eventual problem

EDIT

I love you Sil :hug:
Last edited by The Abel Imaginarium on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:55 pm

I think this idea is alright by me actually. So a char doesn't HAVE to be killed for the fight to end which is good and eliminates one eventual problem

EDIT

I love you Sil :hug:

Thanks abels, love you to, just be carefull, I bite the people I love.

PS, the draw when time runs out and both are fighting, it also applies if one person is on his/her last strength barely able to stand and the other is mostly unscathed (and maybe even on the point of doing the last blow), if time ends this still would be called a draw.

Edit: Second PS: I'm off to work, cya in 9'ish hours.
Last edited by Siliarba on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:58 pm

Terintania wrote:

To me, having it based off of this is the best way to do it.

@Terintania I would like to apologise to you for rashly stating Yin's win. In my perspective I thought it was fair to do so until now. I should have discussed this with you before doing anythng like that or declared a draw instead of a victory to prevent any future trouble and If it isn't too late I would have gone and edited it immediately.

Please accept my humble apology :(

EDIT

@Siliarba "Love is evol, spell it backwards I'll show you." - Eminem, Space Bound ;)
Last edited by The Abel Imaginarium on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:06 pm

Finally found an armor pic suitable for this guy and added in a few new details of his powers as well as new weaknesses :).....will complete his bio later and re-post it up

EDIT

Adaptive Armor I found alittle too vague and a potential cause for more trouble and confusion in the future. Thus, I decided to remove it and replace it with a more suitable one.

Name: Abel Beifang
Alias: Inception
Species: Alpha Human
Planet/Dimension of Origin: Earth/Current Dimension
Side: Sociopathic Hero (possible future Archvillain)
Normal Appearance:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

In Costume:

Abilities/Skills:
General
Neuro-Psychic Knowledge
Gun Kata
Trick Bullets
Paranormal Expertise
Erigeneia/Power of Kings Primary Abilities
Alpha Physiology/Technological Assimilation/Powered Structure
Cosmic Fire Aura

Weaknesses:
- Inception's main source of power comes from Erigeneia. Thus, cutting his right arm would result in him losing all his primary abilities until it is re-attached back to him.

- Intuitive Aptitude & Omnicompetence are non-applicable

- Requires consumption of large amounts of food & water to feed both himself and Erigeneia. Lack of both will result in dehydration & starvation as well as severe deliriums.

- When manifesting the Warcaliber, Abel is also manifesting into Erigeneia herself. Thus in this form he has very little or no control over his own body.

- Utilises all his paranormal expertise abilities via incantations or repeating suitable proverbs/quotes from the Holy Bible also called "Fatal Verses". Thus, if you tape his mouth or somehow mute him, he can't ever use the applications under this until he is free to speak.

- Since Erigineia is alien origin, Helicon naturally affects her the most and can overall revert her back into her powerless original form

- Highly Concentrated Acid is the 2nd element (1st being Helicon) Erigeneia is weak against. Therefore it can burn/melt the Warcaliber if exposed and the armor can't regenerate/heal/recover from attacks like that.

- Neuro-Psychic Knowledge only includes the general applications. Nothing else (meaning the levels are excluded).

- Draws out more power under the sun/moon/stars. Thus under zero dark places, his cosmic fire will become just like ordinary fire.
Notable Qualifications:
- Pinnacle of alien/human scientific evolution
Notable Achievements:
- Brainchild developer of The Irised
Subject/Class Taught: Information Technology/Hacking & Gun Kata/Hojutsu
Personality
Abel is categorised as an INTP (introverted, intuitive, thinking, perceiving) person. He enjoys solitude and deep thinking and strike others as very aloof and detached. He is highly intelligent, extremely observant and perceptive to details. Abel also possesses a creative imagination as well as the keen ability to understand and predict human behavior. But he is apathetic to the world and its problems and has difficulty sympathizing with others. He is very popular for his disregard for authority, high level of stubbornness, narcissistic attitude and the inability to properly deal with emotions and boredom. Although he himself admits that he is very ignorant of common sense and simple knowledge, Abel retains a slight god-complex-like persona and dislikes other overly "smart" people who dares to prove him wrong. He is also quite lazy and if he is not busy tinkering with his technological inventions or cleaning his guns, Abel can be found sleeping in his room, on a floor somewhere or even ontop of a table or inside a toilet.

Short Bio:
When he was smaller, Abel was thought to be the weakest one in the family for he could not bend any of the elements unlike his siblings. But what he did have was a unique aptitude with guns and the ability to manipulate every wiring and circuit function in his own brain. When he discovered the power he possessed, Abel used the latter to unlock every unknown sectors of the human mind and in doing accidentally stumbled upon the Hyper State. This was where he discovered the existence of a sentient cosmic force known as Erigeneia. Erigeneia is the primordial daughter of Life & Death themselves. She is under the control of neither one of them and pursues her own cause relentlessly. Erigeneia accepts only one being who has either great willpower, belief, rage, desire, hope or love for something/someone or in themselves. In Abel's case his will & desire to change the world and shape it into the image he thinks it best to have, attracted her to him. Bestowing upon him the Power of Kings, Erigeneia then physically fused herself with him in the form of a technorganic gauntlet which can never be taken off unless his entire right arm is severed.......WIP
Theme song:
Ring of Fire
Human
Any Additional Info?:
  • For now nobody, except his mother and siblings know where The Erigeneia is located exactly as it is hidden under his flesh. But very close observation may uncover it.
Last edited by The Abel Imaginarium on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:35 am, edited 61 times in total.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:12 pm

Terintania wrote:To me, having it based off of this is the best way to do it.

@Terintania I would like to apologise to you for rashly stating Yin's win. In my perspective I thought it was fair to do so until now. I should have discussed this with you before doing anythng like that or declared a draw instead of a victory to prevent any future trouble and If it isn't too late I would have gone and edited it immediately.

EDIT

@Siliarba "Love is evol, spell it backwards I'll show you." - Eminem, Space Bound ;)

No problem :)

I also think my period is coming, so I may be extra grumpy and stubborn about things for the next week or so :?

Also, are you going to edit? Because I need to edit, too, if so.

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:12 pm

RADICAL IDEA

Why don't two people, or more depending on the battle, who are going to fight plan it out in the OOC or through Telegrams/Google Docs/Skype/Chatzy/Osmosis/Telepathy?

What is wrong with simple communication? Example:

Player 1: "Hey, I want my character to do this awesome round-house kick and then jump spin."

Player 2: "That sounds wicked narly bro. I'll be okay with taking a side kick to the face if I can blast your center of mass with a particle ion beam."

Player 1: "Sure! I honestly think my character will tire before yours does, so I want to get some epic action in there before he tires out."

Player 2: "Fine by me, but I bet the fight will be fun any ways!"

Seriously though. Maybe it'll break some bad habits of "hurr my guy so baws mode" and make us work together to settle outcomes, differences, and the like. Hell, third parties could chime in if two would-be fighters have a dispute on whether one's character could block a Spartan chest-kick with their power armor. We can solve problems like a community of players interested in a good academy-based roleplay.

I dislike the roll system and I am not in favor it. Someone will still be upset over the results at some point, so if they plan a battle out and such, they will be satisfied with the outcome, even if it means losing.

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:16 pm

Terintania wrote:

EDIT

I also think my period is coming, so I may be extra grumpy and stubborn about things for the next week or so :?

Is everybody still in favor of the "Beifang favoritism" as a side-plot?....because if most of you want to do and think it'll keep the IC thread more active I'll just let it be then (although I can honestly admit I don't like it) :p

@Neros...actually that can work too although we already settle on Sil's idea. Still, an additional option is very good

Damak Var
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Damak Var » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:18 pm

The problem with talking it out is who really wants to concede being defeated in the end. It is good for RPing out the fight though. I think a probability system would work best. Mine is a little complicated but it still allows for players to make decisions to increase their probability. Otherwise we could just go 50/50 every time.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:19 pm

Terintania wrote:

Is everybody still in favor of the "Beifang favoritism" as a side-plot?....because if most of you want to do and think it'll keep the IC thread more active I'll just let it be then (although I can honestly admit I don't like it) :p

@Neros...actually that can work too although we already settle on Sil's idea. Still, an additional option is very good

Favoritism side-plots don't work if the character that would start any side-plots relating to being against the favoritism wouldn't actually do anything about it.

Basically, Taint may not like it, but he's not exactly going to start a big side plot off of it.

Damak Var wrote:The problem with talking it out is who really wants to concede being defeated in the end. It is good for RPing out the fight though. I think a probability system would work best. Mine is a little complicated but it still allows for players to make decisions to increase their probability. Otherwise we could just go 50/50 every time.

I think we've agreed on Silarbia's way.

Communist Androids
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Androids » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:20 pm

I am against all probability based systems because I have literally never won a fight where one has been used and it makes me feel bad.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:25 pm

Communist Androids wrote:I am against all probability based systems because I have literally never won a fight where one has been used and it makes me feel bad.

My luck sucks, and anything to do with luck or probability tends to go bad for me and just makes me grumpy because I never win anything.

In truth, I never really with anything, probability based or not :(

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:29 pm

Terintania wrote:

Favoritism side-plots don't work if the character that would start any side-plots relating to being against the favoritism wouldn't actually do anything about it.

Basically, Taint may not like it, but he's not exactly going to start a big side plot off of it.

Damak Var wrote:The problem with talking it out is who really wants to concede being defeated in the end. It is good for RPing out the fight though. I think a probability system would work best. Mine is a little complicated but it still allows for players to make decisions to increase their probability. Otherwise we could just go 50/50 every time.

I think we've agreed on Silarbia's way.

@Terintania okay then I'll go and edit my previous post. I'll let you know when I'm done because I'm eating my lunch now sry :D

I have decided on using Sil's idea and alreayd posted it in the OP page anyway for everybody's reference. If that still doesn't work I've gotten my favorite P2TM Mentor to help out whenever she's free :lol:

Damak Var
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Damak Var » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Ok. If we are going Sil's way, who is actually going to concede that their player is incapacitated or surrenders? Putting an opponent that way right away is godmodding and bad RP. It would have to be done gradually but I don't think players will easily allow their characters to be slowly put in that position if at all and probably avoid it. It's going to end up in a battle OOCly on who is being unrealistic. That is my prediction on how this will work out.
Last edited by Damak Var on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:36 pm

A decent roleplayer would be fine with conceding defeat for the sake of interaction. Anyone can be beat. I know it's a crazy thought, but it is not bad being on the losing side when roleplaying. It gives you the ability to be absolutely dramatic and melancholy while fighting a losing battle. I used to think this kind of stuff was a competition, that I had to "win". Well, you can't really "win" at roleplaying, you simply enjoy the experience. It wasn't until I decided "hey, let's not try and be the best character out there" that I really started having fun. Taking solid hits to the chin in-character provides moments of intense characterization for that character. How does one respond to that hit? What goes through his mind? Did his feet shuffle beneath him? Did it take his breath away? Things like that, it's a surreal experience when writing. I know others may not enjoy that kind of stuff, but I wish they would.

My system is based on increasing creative thought within a fight through planning, while your own places statistics on it. Both are good and neither is wrong.

So, with Sil's system, next to nothing changes. A player will still yell out "I can still fight! Tis but a scratch! I have not yet begun to fight!" if they don't like the match being closed on them. I suppose that is fine though, since it provides for other roleplayers to provide their opinion on whether the match is over or not instead of that previous fiasco.

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:38 pm

Damak Var wrote:Ok. If we are going Sil's way, who is actually going to concede that their player is incapacitated or surrenders? Putting an opponent that way right away is godmodding and bad RP. It would have to be done gradually but I don't think players will easily allow their characters to be slowly put in that position if at all and probably avoid it. It's going to end up in a battle OOCly on who is being unrealistic. That is my prediction on how this will work out.

Our methods were sidelined! Injustice! I demand suffrage!

But yeah, I think Sil's way will take precedence either way as it does the absolute least to change the system. Our ideas were far too radical. Maybe in a few years the Revolution will remember our names.
Last edited by Neros on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damak Var
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Damak Var » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 pm

Well my main point is, players need to concede who will win and who will lose OOCly before the match. That way to prevent subjective and indecisive arguments throughout the match on what is possible and what should or should not have been allowed. I have no problem of conceding a defeat. In fact I am contemplating telling my team to purposefully lose every match.

My final suggestion...team leaders, with the advice and consent of their team, talk with the opposing team leader they are about to fight and decide it beforehand. Whether they want to flip for it or talk it out is up to them.
Last edited by Damak Var on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse