NATION

PASSWORD

2014 (Modern world, OOC/Signups, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Transnistria accepted, Afghanistan looking good so far, Norway, the RP example is a little lacking but I'll give you a chance.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:07 pm

Also, Germany now reserved for Volvek.

Equalium
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Wonderful! All I need is a Hungary and we'll begin to plan our join invasion of Transylvania and splitting of Moldova... :twisted:

Of course, we need to get recognition around the world... Time for some diplomatic missions >:I
Equalium - Where Feminism Gone Wrong.
Frisivisia wrote:
Libertarian California wrote:
Rome = 21st Century America.

Therefore, New York will be sacked by northern barbarians.
I knew those damn Canucks were up to something. We'll send a Legion to Buffalo immediately.
Ralnis wrote:Hey, don't mock Glove World, it is the underwater version of Disney World.

Alleniana wrote:Nukes are for noobs, diplomacy is where it's at.
Factbook • Embassy • Other Nations

Former Ukraine and Mosuo in History of Man. (FINISHED)
Belkegin/Belgium and Otveta in History of Empires.
Vote for TRUE Crimean separation!

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:51 pm

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:Transnistria accepted, Afghanistan looking good so far, Norway, the RP example is a little lacking but I'll give you a chance.

I could flesh it out if you like, I just had to go.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Well, now that my app is accepted, I suppose I'll do what I do best; banter.

Any middle eastern countries looking for a fight? >:3

Equalium
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:19 pm

Alleniana wrote:Well, now that my app is accepted, I suppose I'll do what I do best; banter.

Want to start an arms trade? >u>

In exchange, we just want you to recognize us as a country... and help us split Moldova with supplies...
Frisivisia wrote:

I knew those damn Canucks were up to something. We'll send a Legion to Buffalo immediately.
Ralnis wrote:Hey, don't mock Glove World, it is the underwater version of Disney World.

Volvek
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:09 am

Official Name of Nation: The Federal Republic of Germany, Die Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Population estimate: 81,726,000
Head of State: Bundespräsident Joachim Gauck
Head of Government: Bundeskanzler Angela Merkel
Capital City: Berlin

A brief rundown of the military
Army: 62,729 active personnel, 50,000 reserve.
Air Force: 31,378 personnel, 20,000 reserve
Navy: 15,600 active personnel, 12,000 reserve
Note: I made up numbers for the reserves.

HK G36A2. Standard assault rifle. G36C for Special Forces.
HK MG4. Standard machine gun for infantry squads, can be mounted on vehicles.
Rheinmetall MG3. Standard vehicle mounted machine gun, can be dismounted and fired from the hip or shoulder.
HK MSG90. Standard sniping weapon.
HK45. Standard sidearm across all branches.
HK MP7A1. Standard primary weapon for air crews and used by special forces.
XM25 CDTE.
SMAW.
FIM-92 Stinger
standard gear for infantry
Gear: MICH TC-2000, Dragon Skin MOLLE vest, elbow/knee padds, boots, comm headset, balaclava, goggles, night vision goggles, etc.

Describe the Government system: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Germany
Describe the economy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Germany
Describe the state of Foreign Affairs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_re ... of_Germany
Describe the state of the nation internally: High employment, strong economy, um.. happy people? :eyebrow:
Any additional notes: N/A

RP example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=238318
Last edited by Volvek on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
"Wewf Forever, Forever Wewf."
"Is it? Or is it so ridiculous it's the most ridiculously perfect idea you've never thought of?"
IC Nation Name: Land av Ulvenes, or just Ulvenes

Imperialist Belgium
Attaché

Founded: Oct 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialist Belgium » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:57 am

Just remember... Germany can't attack anyone... NATO and all...

If I drag Hungary OUT of NATO >3

SOMEONE SIGN UP AS HUNGARY!!!

- Equalium
Hetalia + Politics = Interesting...

Yes, this is a HETALIA nation, with the Personification, Emma De Ridder (Belgium) as the Ultimate Head of State. Read my factbook to know a bit more about the Politalia world.
Emma de Ridder, by all her grace, Personification of Belgium, Queen of Holland, Princess of Liechtenstein, Queen of Luxembourg, Queen of Belgian Germany, Queen of Hungary, Queen of Castile, Queen of Valencia, Queen of Galicia, Queen of Portugal, Viceroy of Belgian America, Prime Minister of New Ghent, Ruler of the Belgian East Indies, Belgian Formosa, Belgian Vietnam, Belgian Congo, Belgian Rwanda and Belgian Timor. Queen of Kent and Normandy.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:59 am

I'd have liked actual descriptions instead of links to wikipedia, but accepted nonetheless. If any of you know someone who might be interested in being Russia or China, do message them, IC will go up when both are filled.

Also, if the UK or USA recognize Transnistria, Singapore likely will too.

Imperialist Belgium
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialist Belgium » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:01 am

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:I'd have liked actual descriptions instead of links to wikipedia, but accepted nonetheless. If any of you know someone who might be interested in being Russia or China, do message them, IC will go up when both are filled.

Why do we need Russia and China? Why not have Belarus sign up and they can make the Union State of Belarus and Russia and have Belarus become a power?

Also, I wonder when we will get South Ossetia?

Also, you got an idea for a map?

And how many countries MAX can we take?
Last edited by Imperialist Belgium on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, this is a HETALIA nation, with the Personification, Emma De Ridder (Belgium) as the Ultimate Head of State. Read my factbook to know a bit more about the Politalia world.
Emma de Ridder, by all her grace, Personification of Belgium, Queen of Holland, Princess of Liechtenstein, Queen of Luxembourg, Queen of Belgian Germany, Queen of Hungary, Queen of Castile, Queen of Valencia, Queen of Galicia, Queen of Portugal, Viceroy of Belgian America, Prime Minister of New Ghent, Ruler of the Belgian East Indies, Belgian Formosa, Belgian Vietnam, Belgian Congo, Belgian Rwanda and Belgian Timor. Queen of Kent and Normandy.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:19 am

Imperialist Belgium wrote:
The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:I'd have liked actual descriptions instead of links to wikipedia, but accepted nonetheless. If any of you know someone who might be interested in being Russia or China, do message them, IC will go up when both are filled.

Why do we need Russia and China? Why not have Belarus sign up and they can make the Union State of Belarus and Russia and have Belarus become a power?

Because I want all the superpowers active and doing things. Also, I intend to keep this at least relatively realistic, so no Belarus diplo-conquering Russia.

I have the map in theory, when IC and UN go up I will make it.

Oh, and at least for now, one.

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:24 am

Official Name of Nation: République Française [Republic of France]
Population estimate: circa 66,000,000
Head of State: François Hollande
Head of Government: François Hollande
Capital City: Paris

Army: The French Army is one of the oldest and most well-equipped in the world. First established as a professional force in the reign of Charles VII- the first professional army in Europe- it has been involved in numerous campaigns around the globe, from Mexico to Korea. The Armée has about 122,238 serving actively.
Air Force: The Armée de L'Air is the air force of France, responsible for the defence of La Metropole and her overseas territories. It is active in numerous joint-European programs, flirting with the Eurofighter programme and currently participating in the nEUROn project.
Navy: The French Navy is arguably the most well-equipped and capable navy of any European nation; it is one of two countries in Europe that has an active large aircraft carrier, and the only one that has one active that, to be frank, isn't shit. Has about 40,000 active personnel operating 181 ships.
Anything else? France has one of the world's most advanced nuclear arsenals, and has a nuclear triad consisting of SLBMs, ICBMs, and ALBMs.

Describe the Government system: France is a presidential democracy and republic with an elected bicameral legislature.
Describe the economy: The French economy, while robust, is currently under-performing as a result of the recent financial crisis. President Hollande [SP] has plans to deal with this in co-operation with joint European authorities.
Describe the state of Foreign Affairs: France has been and is involved in several conflicts in Mali, Côte d'Ivoire, Haiti, and Libya, and French forces are currently deployed in the Central African Republic in an attempt to stop the bloodshed there (and, according to some, protect France's economic interests.)
Describe the state of the nation internally: France is under-performing economically (although her situation is improving,) performing well militarily (Opération Harmattan and Opération Serval being two recent examples of successes) and is otherwise fairly orderly, after facing off against general strikes in the north of the country.
Any additional notes:

RP example: Here.

How will we be handling the European Union and her institutions? They're kind of extremely important, seeing as they make up the world's largest trading bloc.

Imperialist Belgium
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialist Belgium » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:27 am

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:
Imperialist Belgium wrote:Why do we need Russia and China? Why not have Belarus sign up and they can make the Union State of Belarus and Russia and have Belarus become a power?

Because I want all the superpowers active and doing things. Also, I intend to keep this at least relatively realistic, so no Belarus diplo-conquering Russia.

I have the map in theory, when IC and UN go up I will make it.

Oh, and at least for now, one.

Russia is not a superpower... it's a Great power.

And Belarus kinda did Diplo-conquered Russia. However, if tis realistic, Belarus wouldn't be invaded by Russia, and they'd be Russia's cloest ally. In addition, Transnistria could be recognized by Belarus.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:39 am

The New Lowlands wrote:Official Name of Nation: République Française [Republic of France]
Population estimate: circa 66,000,000
Head of State: François Hollande
Head of Government: François Hollande
Capital City: Paris

Army: The French Army is one of the oldest and most well-equipped in the world. First established as a professional force in the reign of Charles VII- the first professional army in Europe- it has been involved in numerous campaigns around the globe, from Mexico to Korea. The Armée has about 122,238 serving actively.
Air Force: The Armée de L'Air is the air force of France, responsible for the defence of La Metropole and her overseas territories. It is active in numerous joint-European programs, flirting with the Eurofighter programme and currently participating in the nEUROn project.
Navy: The French Navy is arguably the most well-equipped and capable navy of any European nation; it is one of two countries in Europe that has an active large aircraft carrier, and the only one that has one active that, to be frank, isn't shit. Has about 40,000 active personnel operating 181 ships.
Anything else? France has one of the world's most advanced nuclear arsenals, and has a nuclear triad consisting of SLBMs, ICBMs, and ALBMs.

Describe the Government system: France is a presidential democracy and republic with an elected bicameral legislature.
Describe the economy: The French economy, while robust, is currently under-performing as a result of the recent financial crisis. President Hollande [SP] has plans to deal with this in co-operation with joint European authorities.
Describe the state of Foreign Affairs: France has been and is involved in several conflicts in Mali, Côte d'Ivoire, Haiti, and Libya, and French forces are currently deployed in the Central African Republic in an attempt to stop the bloodshed there (and, according to some, protect France's economic interests.)
Describe the state of the nation internally: France is under-performing economically (although her situation is improving,) performing well militarily (Opération Harmattan and Opération Serval being two recent examples of successes) and is otherwise fairly orderly, after facing off against general strikes in the north of the country.
Any additional notes:

RP example: Here.

How will we be handling the European Union and her institutions? They're kind of extremely important, seeing as they make up the world's largest trading bloc.

Accepted. As for the European Union, if there is enough demand I will make another thread for it, otherwise carry out EU business in the normal IC.

Volvek
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:26 am

Imperialist Belgium wrote:Just remember... Germany can't attack anyone... NATO and all...

You calling me a Nazi? :eyebrow: Guess I know who I'm going to invade first.. 8)

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:I'd have liked actual descriptions instead of links to wikipedia, but accepted nonetheless.

Sorry, but I would have just copied and pasted from there anyways.
"Is it? Or is it so ridiculous it's the most ridiculously perfect idea you've never thought of?"

Equalium
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Volvek wrote:
Imperialist Belgium wrote:Just remember... Germany can't attack anyone... NATO and all...

You calling me a Nazi? :eyebrow: Guess I know who I'm going to invade first.. 8)

No, you cannot invade Poland. I'm sorry.

And invading Belgium would mean you want the WHOLE world against your ass.

Yeah, Germany is FUCKED on the first turn. Germany can't even have an offensive force...

And realistically, Germany can't invade anyone. US Military base. US won't allow it. One invasion plan and Germany would get ass-sweeped and annexed for good.
Last edited by Equalium on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frisivisia wrote:

Volvek
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Well it would seem someone can't take a joke. :palm:

Machtergreifung
Senator

Founded: Jul 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Machtergreifung » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Official Name of Nation: Russian Federation
Population estimate:143,600,000
Head of State:Vladimir Putin
Head of Government:Dmitry Medvedev
Capital City: Moscow

Army: .While the fall of Communism has had long-lasting effects on the Russian military, the Russian Federation can still call upon some 766,000 active soldiers, with a further two million reservists. The 2008 military reforms have made great inroads in to both cutting out unneeded bureacracy within the Russian Army, as well as improving the comfort of the soldiers and improving their training. While the Russian Army has not completed it's transition from the mindset of the Cold War to the modern day, the process is nearly complete
Air Force: Harmed by the Cold War, it has taken the Russian Air Force nearly two decades to recover. With scarce funds for maintaince and even less for operations, the Russian Air Force suffered severely until Putin was able to inject cash back in to the Russian military. Since then, the capabilities of the Russian Air Force have greatly increased, to the point that it is looking towards the introduction of it's fifth generation fighter aircraft.
Navy: The Russian Navy is a shell of it's pre-1989 days. Most of the former Soviet fleet is tied up in port for want of repair, and a significant number of capital ships have been sold off to other nations in order to raise funds for the Russian government. With some analyists claiming that the Russian Federation will scarcely be a contenteder in terms of seapower, it is clear that swift action is needed to restore the Russian Navy to a credible force.
Anything else? (Nukes, Chemical Weapons, Missiles, anything that doesn't fit in the other ones) Significant stocks of both chemical and nuclear weapons, as well as large numbers of ICBM's.

Describe the Government system: Authoritiarn Presidential Democracy
Describe the economy:. A robust economy, with significant growth following the fall of Communism, though the distribution of the wealth is far from equal
Describe the state of Foreign Affairs: While Russia still keeps some influence over the former Soviet Bloc, the impact that Russia has on the international stage is mostly limited to which nations are engaged in arms trades with it. With the outbreak of violence in Syria, Russia has again found itself involved in international affairs.
Describe the state of the nation internally: (Just how it's doing in general, basically) Improving. Corruption remains a problem and social discontent amongst some liberal sections of society are the main issues, but the government maintains high approval ratings with the Russian population in general.
Any additional notes:

RP example:

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:05 pm

When will we see an IC?
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:15 pm

New Roman Empire wrote:When will we see an IC?

After China and Russia is taken.

Orthodox Brotherhood
Envoy

Founded: Oct 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Orthodox Brotherhood » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:27 pm

I wonder if I can the Nordic Council into a nicer, more unified Kalmar state, under me.

Volvek
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Nice Vikings? I don't see success in your feat. :p

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Orthodox Brotherhood wrote:I wonder if I can the Nordic Council into a nicer, more unified Kalmar state, under me.

nyet comrade, we must all unite into grand EUSSR.

Photana
Senator

Founded: Jun 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Photana » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:39 pm

Alleniana wrote:Well, now that my app is accepted, I suppose I'll do what I do best; banter.

I'll blow up your stuff if you want me to.
AH, PMT, some FT.

Your test scores indicate that you are an open-minded ultra-progressive; this is the political profile one might associate with a journalist. It appears that you are skeptical towards religion, and have a generally optimistic attitude towards humanity in general.
Your attitudes towards economics appear neither committedly capitalist nor socialist, and combined with your social attitudes this creates the picture of someone who would generally be described as a liberal.
To round out the picture you appear to be, political preference aside, a considerate idealistic egalitarian with many strong convictions.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:32 pm

Machtergreifung wrote:Official Name of Nation: Russian Federation
Population estimate:143,600,000
Head of State:Vladimir Putin
Head of Government:Dmitry Medvedev
Capital City: Moscow

Army: .While the fall of Communism has had long-lasting effects on the Russian military, the Russian Federation can still call upon some 766,000 active soldiers, with a further two million reservists. The 2008 military reforms have made great inroads in to both cutting out unneeded bureacracy within the Russian Army, as well as improving the comfort of the soldiers and improving their training. While the Russian Army has not completed it's transition from the mindset of the Cold War to the modern day, the process is nearly complete
Air Force: Harmed by the Cold War, it has taken the Russian Air Force nearly two decades to recover. With scarce funds for maintaince and even less for operations, the Russian Air Force suffered severely until Putin was able to inject cash back in to the Russian military. Since then, the capabilities of the Russian Air Force have greatly increased, to the point that it is looking towards the introduction of it's fifth generation fighter aircraft.
Navy: The Russian Navy is a shell of it's pre-1989 days. Most of the former Soviet fleet is tied up in port for want of repair, and a significant number of capital ships have been sold off to other nations in order to raise funds for the Russian government. With some analyists claiming that the Russian Federation will scarcely be a contenteder in terms of seapower, it is clear that swift action is needed to restore the Russian Navy to a credible force.
Anything else? (Nukes, Chemical Weapons, Missiles, anything that doesn't fit in the other ones) Significant stocks of both chemical and nuclear weapons, as well as large numbers of ICBM's.

Describe the Government system: Authoritiarn Presidential Democracy
Describe the economy:. A robust economy, with significant growth following the fall of Communism, though the distribution of the wealth is far from equal
Describe the state of Foreign Affairs: While Russia still keeps some influence over the former Soviet Bloc, the impact that Russia has on the international stage is mostly limited to which nations are engaged in arms trades with it. With the outbreak of violence in Syria, Russia has again found itself involved in international affairs.
Describe the state of the nation internally: (Just how it's doing in general, basically) Improving. Corruption remains a problem and social discontent amongst some liberal sections of society are the main issues, but the government maintains high approval ratings with the Russian population in general.
Any additional notes:

RP example:

Accepted, welcome to the RP. When we get China, IC will go up.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse