NATION

PASSWORD

OOC 1870 RP (Open)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!
User avatar
The imperial canadian dutchy
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9829
Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:50 am

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:Name of Nation: (What it was called in 1870)Regno d'Italia
Population: (the population of your nation)
Population [Empire Total]: (if your nation is an empire, put the population of the entire empire, including your nation, here)25.9 million
Standing Military and Reserves: (the total number of soldiers in standing or reserve units)
Maximum Conscription [Native Only]: (take your nation's population, divide it by 100, and multiply that number by 8. Put your result here)
Maximum Conscription [Empire Total]: (if your nation is an empire, take the total empire population, divide it by 100, and multiply that number by 8. Put your result here.)
Country and Territories: (a link to a map of your nation in 1870)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/Kingdom_of_Italy_1870_map.svg
Head of State: (your nation's sovereign in 1870)Vittorio Emmanuele II
Head of Government: (whoever was in charge of your nation's parliament/congress in 1870)Giovanni Lanza, Historical RIght
Government Style: (I don't need to explain this, do I?)Constitutional Unitary Parliamentary Monarchy
Primary Weapon: (the official service rifle of your nation in 1870. Link a picture or article of the weapon as well. If your nation adopted a new rifle in 1871, please put that here as well)
Secondary Weapon: (the official service pistol of your nation in 1870. Link a picture or article of the weapon as well. If your nation adopted a new pistol in 1871, please put that here as well)
Standard Machine-Gun: (if your nation had a machine-gun in 1870 or starting in 1871, put it here. Link a picture or article of the weapon as well. Also mention if it was lightly used or heavily used, and be honest)
Standard Artillery: (the most common field gun of your nation in 1870. Link a picture or article of the weapon as well. If your nation adopted a new field gun in 1871, please put that here as well)
Main Naval Vessels: (the creme of your nation's fleet, either ironclads or steam frigates. Place the number of those ships of your nation in 1870 here, followed by the number of those ships in 1871)
Had to check something and its late so ill finish tomorrow
Thafoo wrote:Pacifism is awesome. Anyone who disagrees can meet me in the back alley.
Im Just super awesome k,?
Likes
Nationalism, Fascism,Roman Catholicism, Tolerance of Atheists, Monarchy, Imperialism, Germany, Canada, Italy, Palestine, Destruction of Kosovo,Social Rights,Greece,Smartfood, Italian Irredentism,Ticino

Dislikes
Republicanism, Islam ((the religious beliefs not all the people...)), Cosmopolitanism,Israel, revolution, Turkey, USA, Saudi Arabia,Albania,France
Im a Italian-Canadian Catholic nationalistic Monarchist deal wif it
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graphic2/267884_eng.jpg Political test biotch
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graphic2/281245_eng.jpg
Newer one!
Proud member of the ╟Baltonian National Union╣

User avatar
The Norrland
Diplomat
 
Posts: 530
Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norrland » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:13 am

When are we gonna do the Hanover conference?

Anyway, I thought it was spelt with two 'n's.

User avatar
The Norrland
Diplomat
 
Posts: 530
Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norrland » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:19 am

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:Name of Nation: (What it was called in 1870)Regno d'Italia
Population: (the population of your nation)
Population [Empire Total]: (if your nation is an empire, put the population of the entire empire, including your nation, here)25.9 million
Standing Military and Reserves: (the total number of soldiers in standing or reserve units)
Maximum Conscription [Native Only]: (take your nation's population, divide it by 100, and multiply that number by 8. Put your result here)
Maximum Conscription [Empire Total]: (if your nation is an empire, take the total empire population, divide it by 100, and multiply that number by 8. Put your result here.)
Country and Territories: (a link to a map of your nation in 1870)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/Kingdom_of_Italy_1870_map.svg
Head of State: (your nation's sovereign in 1870)Vittorio Emmanuele II
Head of Government: (whoever was in charge of your nation's parliament/congress in 1870)Giovanni Lanza, Historical RIght
Government Style: (I don't need to explain this, do I?)Constitutional Unitary Parliamentary Monarchy
Primary Weapon: (the official service rifle of your nation in 1870. Link a picture or article of the weapon as well. If your nation adopted a new rifle in 1871, please put that here as well)
Secondary Weapon: (the official service pistol of your nation in 1870. Link a picture or article of the weapon as well. If your nation adopted a new pistol in 1871, please put that here as well)
Standard Machine-Gun: (if your nation had a machine-gun in 1870 or starting in 1871, put it here. Link a picture or article of the weapon as well. Also mention if it was lightly used or heavily used, and be honest)
Standard Artillery: (the most common field gun of your nation in 1870. Link a picture or article of the weapon as well. If your nation adopted a new field gun in 1871, please put that here as well)
Main Naval Vessels: (the creme of your nation's fleet, either ironclads or steam frigates. Place the number of those ships of your nation in 1870 here, followed by the number of those ships in 1871)
Had to check something and its late so ill finish tomorrow


BTW, Italy does not own Venice. Austria took Venice and Venitia in the Napoleonic Era, and conceded it to Italy after their defeat in WW1. I'm also pretty sure that you don't own Sardinia as well.

User avatar
The imperial canadian dutchy
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9829
Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:22 am

The Norrland wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:


BTW, Italy does not own Venice. Austria took Venice and Venitia in the Napoleonic Era, and conceded it to Italy after their defeat in WW1. I'm also pretty sure that you don't own Sardinia as well.

.....Venice was taken back from the Austrian Oppressors in the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Italian_War_of_Independence in the 1860's
Thafoo wrote:Pacifism is awesome. Anyone who disagrees can meet me in the back alley.
Im Just super awesome k,?
Likes
Nationalism, Fascism,Roman Catholicism, Tolerance of Atheists, Monarchy, Imperialism, Germany, Canada, Italy, Palestine, Destruction of Kosovo,Social Rights,Greece,Smartfood, Italian Irredentism,Ticino

Dislikes
Republicanism, Islam ((the religious beliefs not all the people...)), Cosmopolitanism,Israel, revolution, Turkey, USA, Saudi Arabia,Albania,France
Im a Italian-Canadian Catholic nationalistic Monarchist deal wif it
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graphic2/267884_eng.jpg Political test biotch
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graphic2/281245_eng.jpg
Newer one!
Proud member of the ╟Baltonian National Union╣

User avatar
Of the Quendi
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12648
Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Anarchy

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:06 am

Glasgia wrote:I should point out that, though you're correct in all, the Count of Chambord (who the legitimists wanted on the throne), before his death, appointed Phillipe d'Orleans as his heir. Unfortunately for the royalists, who could unite behind the successor, this came just after they lost their majority. It does not mean, however, that a foreign power can assume that they would be unable to co-operate in order to establish a monarchy that would seek revenge against not only those who deposed it but those who sacked their cities...

Its a fair point that it cannot IC'ly be supposed by the rest of us that the monarchists of France can't cooperate to set up a revanchist government. But the exact same thing can be said of the Communards. Blanqui's goons murdered Trouchou and every reactionary regime in the world should assume that a Communard victory would mean the exportation of the revolution to the rest of the world.
Glasgia wrote:I have absolutely no demands. I'm offering to give in to some demands. Kryskov ordered the reinstatement of the French Third Republic and disbanding of Socialism. Not too keen on getting my nation annexed and the leadership politically supressed, so I offered to negotiate some more moderate terms.

He just asked me not to put up too much of a fight :p

The Russian position is essentially that there can be no negotiations of any kind as long as the Paris Commune exists. While Russia doesn't want to weaken France any further there can be no compromise about the continued existence of a socialist terror regime. Also even if the Communards has done better in this RP than in RL my political leadership doesn't consider it plausible that they can prevail against the conservative elements of the French military and countryside and therefore considers their existence a weakening of whatever regime will replace the Second Empire why they have to be crushed that France can become strong.
The Norrland wrote:When are we gonna do the Hanover conference?

Anyway, I thought it was spelt with two 'n's.

Soon I hope. In the mean time why do you not attend the Cairo Conference?
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:.....Venice was taken back from the Austrian Oppressors in the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Italian_War_of_Independence in the 1860's

Indeed. But your map is still wrong, the last vestiges of the Papal States has not yet been seized.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

User avatar
Glasgia
Senator
 
Posts: 4470
Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Glasgia » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:19 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Glasgia wrote:I should point out that, though you're correct in all, the Count of Chambord (who the legitimists wanted on the throne), before his death, appointed Phillipe d'Orleans as his heir. Unfortunately for the royalists, who could unite behind the successor, this came just after they lost their majority. It does not mean, however, that a foreign power can assume that they would be unable to co-operate in order to establish a monarchy that would seek revenge against not only those who deposed it but those who sacked their cities...

Its a fair point that it cannot IC'ly be supposed by the rest of us that the monarchists of France can't cooperate to set up a revanchist government. But the exact same thing can be said of the Communards. Blanqui's goons murdered Trouchou and every reactionary regime in the world should assume that a Communard victory would mean the exportation of the revolution to the rest of the world.

Glasgia wrote:I have absolutely no demands. I'm offering to give in to some demands. Kryskov ordered the reinstatement of the French Third Republic and disbanding of Socialism. Not too keen on getting my nation annexed and the leadership politically supressed, so I offered to negotiate some more moderate terms.

He just asked me not to put up too much of a fight :p

The Russian position is essentially that there can be no negotiations of any kind as long as the Paris Commune exists. While Russia doesn't want to weaken France any further there can be no compromise about the continued existence of a socialist terror regime. Also even if the Communards has done better in this RP than in RL my political leadership doesn't consider it plausible that they can prevail against the conservative elements of the French military and countryside and therefore considers their existence a weakening of whatever regime will replace the Second Empire why they have to be crushed that France can become strong.


Hmmmm.... Obviously, I'm expecting much distrust from the traditional powers so none of this is a surprise. However, I hope I've made clear that France has no colonial ambitions nor is it a terror regime destined to fail- We are stronger than the Provisional Government and have only carried out reprisals against the Capitalist insurgents.

Tirgus Sociālistu Apvienība: Sarkanā ausmas un gaišu nākotni
Market Socialist Association: A red dawn and a bright future

President: Rob Wands, Vice: Jamie Keir
Department Head of:
Foreign Affairs: Olivia Mcfadden, Military: James Watt, Law and order: Matt Black, Education: George Anderson, Homeland Security: Caleb Stewart, Enviroment: Klaudia Olivier, Economics: Finlay Craig, Culture: Micheal McKenneth
Former liberal, now a proud Ricardian Market Socialist. Economic -6.88, Social -4.92
For anyone who's interested, sign up for HOI4 now and get free DLC stuff/possible beta access

User avatar
Seljuq Kyiv
Minister
 
Posts: 3178
Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:31 am

Imperium Nova wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
I already have mining rights in Albania, Italy, and France. Another country wouldn't hurt.

Also, how did Egypt become so powerful, IRL it is soon to be taken over by the British, if that had not happened. Egypt had been weak since the Oriental Crisia in 1830's-40's.


Nonsense! Muhammad Ali Pasha and his son Ibrahim Pasha had been owning Ottoman Armies (even the ones under Moltke — if not in the first Ottoman-Egyptian war that is) all the way to Konya, and from there on the path to Istanbul was clear. The status quo was breached, and Western economic interests were in danger.

The Great Powers weren't happy.

A Russo-Turkish alliance and a shelling of Beirut and Acre by the Brits proved to Egypt that while it may be able to pwn Turkey, it would be folly to tango with the West. Besides, there were some very limiting treaties (such as the army being no bigger than a certain number). So they withdrew, never to fight the Ottomans again. Now they had their attentions turned to westernising and industrialising the nation, and work on their cotton monopoly.

When King Cotton was no longer exported by America, British and French cotton demand turned to Egypt (egypt can into relevance!) and gave it the economic boom it needed (which is why Isma'il Pasha built all those railways and infrastructure, etc). Then the Civil War ended and they all went back to America, leaving Egypt with this god awful bottle, a model of heartache and grief.

But in this RP, I have managed not only to secure the continual importing of cotton and sugarcane (and ivory to boot!), I have solved Egypts debt problems (one super cheque coming up, Kryskov), French dominance of Egypt's economy and earned exorbitant amounts of money on top of French experts to modernise my country in one stroke, just by allying with Austria and getting to Versailles first.

So you see, Egypt could have been a regional power if all the other dudes remained inactive.

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:Kingdom of Italy

Population (Italy): 25,000,000
Standing Military and Reserves: +/- 50,000
Maximum Conscription (Native): +/- 2,000,000
Country and Territories: http://wps.pearsoncustom.com/wps/media/ ... p21_15.jpg
Head of State: Father of the Homeland Victor Emmanuel II
Head of Government: Prime Minister Giovanni Lanza
Government Style: Constitutional Monarchy
Primary Weapon: Repetiergewehr Vetterli, Modell 1869, 69/71 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vetterli_r ... 2C_69.2F71 (Limited use: older variants were more common)
Secondary Weapon: Unknown
Standard Artillery: Unknown
Main Naval Vessels: 13 Ironclads-(1870) 14 Ironclads-(1871) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ir ... s_of_Italy
Additional Reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Ital ... dependence


Eh, app for you Mr. ICD.

Accepted for now, though I need an RP Example, and though I think I've seen your RPing skills before (hence my trust), I have a horrible memory and the last time I let such a thing happen it turned out to be Ottozum/Miracum-Izmir.
Last edited by Seljuq Kyiv on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Of the Quendi
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12648
Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Anarchy

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:34 am

Glasgia wrote:Hmmmm.... Obviously, I'm expecting much distrust from the traditional powers so none of this is a surprise. However, I hope I've made clear that France has no colonial ambitions nor is it a terror regime destined to fail- We are stronger than the Provisional Government and have only carried out reprisals against the Capitalist insurgents.

I think it should be fairly obvious that the Commune won't be a in any way strong regime. It lacks popular support, effective organization and military forces. That the Government of National Defense isn't strong either doesn't make it more likely that the Commune can establish a strong united French nation.

As for the Commune's lack of colonial ambitions that only makes it even more abominable in Russia's eyes as I want a strong French colonial empire to counter the rise of Austria on the colonial scene.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

User avatar
The Norrland
Diplomat
 
Posts: 530
Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norrland » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:36 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
The Norrland wrote:When are we gonna do the Hanover conference?

Anyway, I thought it was spelt with two 'n's.

Soon I hope. In the mean time why do you not attend the Cairo Conference?

Is that the one accompanying the coronation of the Sultan? Because King Charles is going to that.
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:.....Venice was taken back from the Austrian Oppressors in the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Italian_War_of_Independence in the 1860's

I was not aware of this. But, I'm pretty sure they got it back after WW1.
Last edited by The Norrland on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Seljuq Kyiv
Minister
 
Posts: 3178
Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:37 am

The Norrland wrote:When are we gonna do the Hanover conference?

Anyway, I thought it was spelt with two 'n's.


You are needed at the Conference of Cairo, where you may defend your colony in Namibia(?) or trade it for something better.

Of the Quendi wrote:
Glasgia wrote:Hmmmm.... Obviously, I'm expecting much distrust from the traditional powers so none of this is a surprise. However, I hope I've made clear that France has no colonial ambitions nor is it a terror regime destined to fail- We are stronger than the Provisional Government and have only carried out reprisals against the Capitalist insurgents.

I think it should be fairly obvious that the Commune won't be a in any way strong regime. It lacks popular support, effective organization and military forces. That the Government of National Defense isn't strong either doesn't make it more likely that the Commune can establish a strong united French nation.

As for the Commune's lack of colonial ambitions that only makes it even more abominable in Russia's eyes as I want a strong French colonial empire to counter the rise of Austria on the colonial scene.


y not egypt :(

User avatar
The Norrland
Diplomat
 
Posts: 530
Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norrland » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:39 am

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
The Norrland wrote:When are we gonna do the Hanover conference?

Anyway, I thought it was spelt with two 'n's.


You are needed at the Conference of Cairo, where you may defend your colony in Namibia(?) or trade it for something better.


I was unaware that this was going on on another thread. I need to keep up with the OOC. Is there a thread for the Hanover Conference?

User avatar
Seljuq Kyiv
Minister
 
Posts: 3178
Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:40 am

The Norrland wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
You are needed at the Conference of Cairo, where you may defend your colony in Namibia(?) or trade it for something better.


I was unaware that this was going on on another thread. I need to keep up with the OOC. Is there a thread for the Hanover Conference?


Not yet.

EDIT: My fault, I suppose. Should've TGed everyone or something.
Last edited by Seljuq Kyiv on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Glasgia
Senator
 
Posts: 4470
Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Glasgia » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:55 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Glasgia wrote:Hmmmm.... Obviously, I'm expecting much distrust from the traditional powers so none of this is a surprise. However, I hope I've made clear that France has no colonial ambitions nor is it a terror regime destined to fail- We are stronger than the Provisional Government and have only carried out reprisals against the Capitalist insurgents.

I think it should be fairly obvious that the Commune won't be a in any way strong regime. It lacks popular support, effective organization and military forces. That the Government of National Defense isn't strong either doesn't make it more likely that the Commune can establish a strong united French nation.

As for the Commune's lack of colonial ambitions that only makes it even more abominable in Russia's eyes as I want a strong French colonial empire to counter the rise of Austria on the colonial scene.


Lack of popular support? The Socialist left underwent massive reprisals and suppression after the fall of the Commune, but as soon as the suppression was lifted the left wing held a majority of the votes in Presidential elections for the next twenty years (In 1875, the Legitimists mysteriously managed to win 99.74% of the vote). The Commune also has a decently organised military force - Much of the National Guard and many professional units defected to its cause and it's had months to organise its troops into something vaguely representing a military.

Tirgus Sociālistu Apvienība: Sarkanā ausmas un gaišu nākotni
Market Socialist Association: A red dawn and a bright future

President: Rob Wands, Vice: Jamie Keir
Department Head of:
Foreign Affairs: Olivia Mcfadden, Military: James Watt, Law and order: Matt Black, Education: George Anderson, Homeland Security: Caleb Stewart, Enviroment: Klaudia Olivier, Economics: Finlay Craig, Culture: Micheal McKenneth
Former liberal, now a proud Ricardian Market Socialist. Economic -6.88, Social -4.92
For anyone who's interested, sign up for HOI4 now and get free DLC stuff/possible beta access

User avatar
Aurinsula
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1133
Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aurinsula » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:57 am

It said in Traveller's Cafe that you needed someone to come in as China. Is that still true?
圭 - 甲 - 乙 - 丙 - 丁 - 戊

User avatar
Seljuq Kyiv
Minister
 
Posts: 3178
Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:04 am

Aurinsula wrote:It said in Traveller's Cafe that you needed someone to come in as China. Is that still true?


:bow: :bow:

App away, my good sirrah!

User avatar
Aurinsula
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1133
Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aurinsula » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:06 am

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Aurinsula wrote:It said in Traveller's Cafe that you needed someone to come in as China. Is that still true?


:bow: :bow:

App away, my good sirrah!

I figure the app on the front page is already pretty solid. I notice on the map, though, that Japan has cleaned out the Northeast. What's the story with that?

And, in general, could I get a quick explanation of what's happened to China thus far in the game?
圭 - 甲 - 乙 - 丙 - 丁 - 戊

User avatar
Seljuq Kyiv
Minister
 
Posts: 3178
Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:11 am

Aurinsula wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
:bow: :bow:

App away, my good sirrah!

I figure the app on the front page is already pretty solid. I notice on the map, though, that Japan has cleaned out the Northeast. What's the story with that?

And, in general, could I get a quick explanation of what's happened to China thus far in the game?


Indeed, Japan has taken Manchuria. Russia has taken Mongolia and has orchestrated a successful uprising of Xinjiang under the native Turks. French colonies in Guangzhou Bay have been replaced with those of Egypt, which has offered to sell you modern weapons and build factories in return for the importing of coal. In Korea is also Spain, which might have imperial designs on China if it ever had an active player.

If you begin the first step of industrialisation now, you might turn the Boxer Rebellion into a victory.

User avatar
Aurinsula
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1133
Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aurinsula » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:17 am

Well, then, I'll take over as the Qings. They already have an app on the front page, so I'll just stick with it.
圭 - 甲 - 乙 - 丙 - 丁 - 戊

User avatar
Seljuq Kyiv
Minister
 
Posts: 3178
Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:25 am

Aurinsula wrote:Well, then, I'll take over as the Qings. They already have an app on the front page, so I'll just stick with it.


Accept—

Image

User avatar
Aurinsula
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1133
Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aurinsula » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:29 am

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Aurinsula wrote:Well, then, I'll take over as the Qings. They already have an app on the front page, so I'll just stick with it.


Accept—

Image

I don't get it.
圭 - 甲 - 乙 - 丙 - 丁 - 戊

User avatar
Seljuq Kyiv
Minister
 
Posts: 3178
Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:35 am

Aurinsula wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Accept—

Image

I don't get it.


— Ted.

I take it you're not a HIMYM fan?

User avatar
Of the Quendi
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12648
Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Anarchy

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:03 am

Glasgia wrote:Lack of popular support? The Socialist left underwent massive reprisals and suppression after the fall of the Commune, but as soon as the suppression was lifted the left wing held a majority of the votes in Presidential elections for the next twenty years (In 1875, the Legitimists mysteriously managed to win 99.74% of the vote). The Commune also has a decently organised military force - Much of the National Guard and many professional units defected to its cause and it's had months to organise its troops into something vaguely representing a military.

What presidential elections? The presidents of the Third Republic wasn't elected by the people they where elected by the Deputies and Senators and those left leaning majorities that these bodies held from 76 and on was not made up of far left socialists but of a variety of people some of which was closer to modern day liberalism than actual socialism. As for the Commune itself it never became more than a Paris based entity with a few frail branches in other cities of the country, it never controlled the countryside and apart from the national guard most of the army fought faithfully against the Commune.
Aurinsula wrote:Well, then, I'll take over as the Qings. They already have an app on the front page, so I'll just stick with it.

It will have to be updated to reflect changes to the borders of China. China has probably lost 1.5 million+ inhabitants to Russia and Kashgaria (for Mongolia and Xinjiang) and maybe five million people to Japan (for Manchuria).
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

User avatar
Shimon-Zhivago
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1299
Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shimon-Zhivago » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:48 am

For those who are signed up, my "Day of the Diktat" RP's IC is now open.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=278134
Did you enjoy the 1870s Real-World RP? If so, click here to assist in the planning of my next RP!



Interested in international relations with Shimon-Zhivago? Then visit the Foreign Embassy Offices or go to the Shimon-Zhivago Embassy Program Page! We look forward to working with you!

User avatar
Glasgia
Senator
 
Posts: 4470
Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Glasgia » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:30 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Glasgia wrote:Lack of popular support? The Socialist left underwent massive reprisals and suppression after the fall of the Commune, but as soon as the suppression was lifted the left wing held a majority of the votes in Presidential elections for the next twenty years (In 1875, the Legitimists mysteriously managed to win 99.74% of the vote). The Commune also has a decently organised military force - Much of the National Guard and many professional units defected to its cause and it's had months to organise its troops into something vaguely representing a military.

What presidential elections? The presidents of the Third Republic wasn't elected by the people they where elected by the Deputies and Senators and those left leaning majorities that these bodies held from 76 and on was not made up of far left socialists but of a variety of people some of which was closer to modern day liberalism than actual socialism. As for the Commune itself it never became more than a Paris based entity with a few frail branches in other cities of the country, it never controlled the countryside and apart from the national guard most of the army fought faithfully against the Commune.


The legislative elected the Presidents and for twenty years they were all Left Republicans, showing that the people had elected a firmly left wing - whether socially or economically - legislative. I just found the results for that before I found any other stats to back me up. Nonetheless, the right wing did not win a majority until 1919, with the time throughout which always controlled by some section of the Republican left wing. When the Socialists first begin to differentiate themselves from the rest of the Republicans, they still manage to win almost ten percent of the vote despite heavy suppression and many moderate Socialists aligning with the centre-left. In real life, I would have no doubt that the Paris Commune would have more political support than the French government itself if it escalated to civil war - And keep in mind that my little ahistorical Commune is both more powerful and more popular than the short-lived real life one.

Tirgus Sociālistu Apvienība: Sarkanā ausmas un gaišu nākotni
Market Socialist Association: A red dawn and a bright future

President: Rob Wands, Vice: Jamie Keir
Department Head of:
Foreign Affairs: Olivia Mcfadden, Military: James Watt, Law and order: Matt Black, Education: George Anderson, Homeland Security: Caleb Stewart, Enviroment: Klaudia Olivier, Economics: Finlay Craig, Culture: Micheal McKenneth
Former liberal, now a proud Ricardian Market Socialist. Economic -6.88, Social -4.92
For anyone who's interested, sign up for HOI4 now and get free DLC stuff/possible beta access

User avatar
Imperium Nova
Minister
 
Posts: 3381
Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperium Nova » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:55 am

Also, what is the difference between the Cairo Conference and the Hannover Conference? What is being discussed?

Secondly, by the treaty made after the Oriental Crisis, isn't Egypt de jure a part of the Ottoman Empire? Also, couldn't the British just plant some more cotton in India, I don't think they are to keen on trading with some, as they would describe it, "uncivilised Arabs" in Egypt.

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ApertureScienceInc, Belavakia, Bering, Cainesland, Corrian, Giovenith, Glorious Rebublic of Alevstan, Greater Franco-Iberia, Gvozdevsk, Hetland 2, Howslandia, Icrum, Kolmya, Lavan Tiri, Licata, Mesrane, Mifan, Nationstatelandsville, Naveenah, Nekronia, Nightkill the Emperor, Of The Rnclave, Pinki3 Pon-3, Rygondria, The Dragon Realms Empire, The Earth Space, The Grey Wolf, The New American commonwealth, The New Velociraptor Empire, The Rebel Alliances, The Republic of Atria, The Tiger Kingdom, The United Remnants of America, The Volksreich, Traders Union, Trygg, Tsuyoi tekikoku, Zarkenis Ultima, ZATAK

Remove ads