NATION

PASSWORD

History of Man - La Renaissance (IC | Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

History of Man - La Renaissance (IC | Open)

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:00 am

OOC/Signups: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=259377

Medoneux | Chapter Three
Remember Thine Heiritage!

Music (Turn up volume for full effect)
Heridos | Steps of the Evris' Palace
And there stood Evris George I, looming over a crowd of a thousand patriotic citizens as guards kept them away from the Evris. George held in his hand a piece of paper, with parts of his speech written on it. It was now that George began his speech.

"People of Medoneux, doth thou remember thine heiritage? 'Twas only two decades ago that you and I were free men and women of Ostyrlonia, bravely fighting a war in far away and near lands. Remember our allies in that conflict, the Ardovicians and the Bakarans. The former tried their best to keep the country from falling apart, and they were a great ally indeed. But the latter... they allowed Ostyrlonia to fall, and THAT was their greatest folly! They hath sowed the seeds of hatred into Medoneux's society, and now, that crop that they planted those two decades ago shall finally bloom! It is now, brothers and sisters of Medoneux, that we fight and get revenge on those thieves who robbed us from the possibility of surviving and thriving off of the great land we once had! As I speak, their ports have been decimated by our navy! Their country has been attacked by the Ukrainians and the rest of the Southern League is expected to attack soon aswell! Those damned fools will soon realize that they will not be able to get away with depriving future generations of the land we once called Ostyrlonia!"

The crowd cheered, whistled, and clapped as a military band began to play triumphantly and soldiers began to march infront of the palace. Random citizens began to march along with the soldiers, showing their support of the war. Women grabbed rose petals and began to throw them along the soldier's path whilst other civilians cheered when the soldiers passed them. War in Medoneux was in full swing.

Renveau
Sailors were getting into a hundred warships in preparation for a full-scale land invasion of Bakarus. They were first going to go through the Baltic Sea and land in Norder Fynlund (Northern Finland). From there, they would use a scorched earth policy and eventually attempt to meet up with Ukrainian forces in the capital of Bakarus. During this whole attack, reinforcements would come every two months to reinforce Medoneux rule over that land.

And then the ships were sent off, with 17,500 troops aboard. They would land in the Norder Fynlund during the night in order to get the element of surprise
Last edited by Neo-Assyrian Empire on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Equalium wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:60 miles south of Tirus

A small patrol unit would spot the incoming hoard of Ukrainian soldiers. They then realized that the rumors of a Ukrainian invasion were correct. The members of the patrol unit mounted their horses and headed northwest to a small village that was not far from their location. Outside of that village, an army of 15,000 soldiers, who had been dispatched from Tirus to patrol the border, was waiting.

Even if they were going to go into battle, they didn't want to be a complete fool and charge completely like what Antonio did. Arlovski was a pretty intelligent and cold man, not sending out that many troops. There was only a few troops before the village but the army split up into several groups. There was another unit heading towards the Northwest to stop the Bakari reinforcements, but the main one was still prepared to attack. Arlovski didn't wanted to get that persistent so he would loose all of his troops. The small village before them was patrolled by 15,000 soldiers... however, the decoy force, which only contained 800 soldiers had came forth and begun to charge towards the soldiers, but not directly to them. They would charge forward a bit until they are a bit close to them, then quickly retreat to have them pursue and lure them into an ambush that was made. There was a few scouts that were hooded so they can detect and find the supply depot.

The scouts had already arrived at the village, and they told the Bakarus army that a massive Ukrainian force was heading straight towards the village from the south. As the 800 Ukrainian soldiers arrived, the musketeers in front would take cover behind the trees. They then opened fire on the Ukrainians with their muskets. A few Bakari lit some grenades, a new invention which had recently been supplied to them from the north, and threw them at the Ukrainians.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Northern Finland
As the 100 Ostyrlonia ships entered the sea between Sweden and Finland to land in northern Finland, a large patrol unit of 150 ships would spot the ships in the distance. Although it was nighttime, the leader of the patrol knew that they were not Bakari ships. Bakari ships did not normally sail to that area at night, unless specifically requested. Plus, the ships appeared to be heading straight for a military dock, which was not far from their location.

The leader of the patrol sent a chain message to all of the other ships, and they began to set their sights on the enemy fleet. The guns would be loaded, and they were prepared to open fire. One ship split off to let the land defenses know that a foreign fleet was incoming, and then it sailed back towards the group.
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:47 pm

[quote="Neo-Assyrian Empire";p="17533828"]OOC: Anything striked through are no longer canon and are hereby nulled

Medoneux | Chapter Three
Remember Thine Heiritage!

Music (Turn up volume for full effect)
Heridos | Steps of the Evris' Palace
And there stood Evris George I, looming over a crowd of a thousand patriotic citizens as guards kept them away from the Evris. George held in his hand a piece of paper, with parts of his speech written on it. It was now that George began his speech.

"People of Medoneux, doth thou remember thine heiritage? 'Twas only two decades ago that you and I were free men and women of Ostyrlonia, bravely fighting a war in far away and near lands. Remember our allies in that conflict, the Ardovicians and the Bakarans. The former tried their best to keep the country from falling apart, and they were a great ally indeed. But the latter... they allowed Ostyrlonia to fall, and THAT was their greatest folly! They hath sowed the seeds of hatred into Medoneux's society, and now, that crop that they planted those two decades ago shall finally bloom! It is now, brothers and sisters of Medoneux, that we fight and get revenge on those thieves who robbed us from the possibility of surviving and thriving off of the great land we once had! As I speak, their ports have been decimated by our navy! Their country has been attacked by the Ukrainians and the rest of the Southern League is expected to attack soon aswell! Those damned fools will soon realize that they will not be able to get away with depriving future generations of the land we once called Ostyrlonia!"

The crowd cheered, whistled, and clapped as a military band began to play triumphantly and soldiers began to march infront of the palace. Random citizens began to march along with the soldiers, showing their support of the war. Women grabbed rose petals and began to throw them along the soldier's path whilst other civilians cheered when the soldiers passed them. War in Medoneux was in full swing.

Manhattyn
As the ships approached the shoreline, they had been some-what familiar with the landscape. They had heard of the terrain from the previous sailors who landed in Manhattyn, though the land was still very different from Errynpa. As the sailors got off of the ship, they planted the flag of Medoneux into the ground and began to carry off supplies from the ship, one of which was a chest of gold and silver. They looked around and saw no people, but they hoped to encounter some in the future (Hint hint, Pol)

"Hello, who are you ?"asked Violet
BREAKING NEWS:
New Caledonians are prompted to vote in the upcoming referendum to grant the state of Bennu greater autonomy or not. Elections for the Chancellor of the Dominion has the whole nation on edge.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:54 pm

The Polarian Empire wrote:Manhattyn
As the ships approached the shoreline, they had been some-what familiar with the landscape. They had heard of the terrain from the previous sailors who landed in Manhattyn, though the land was still very different from Errynpa. As the sailors got off of the ship, they planted the flag of Medoneux into the ground and began to carry off supplies from the ship, one of which was a chest of gold and silver. They looked around and saw no people, but they hoped to encounter some in the future (Hint hint, Pol)

"Hello, who are you ?"asked Violet[/quote]
As the sailors began to explore the surrounding area, one of them had found a woman. She spoke to them in a language that was reminiscent of the previous exploration of the area, though they still did not know the language entirely. For all the man knew, she could be threatening him. But, he doubted that. Instead he looked over to another Medoneux settler and he called for him to come over. When they saw the woman, they began to go back to ship, and gestured for the woman to follow
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:
The Polarian Empire wrote:Manhattyn

"Hello, who are you ?"asked Violet

As the sailors began to explore the surrounding area, one of them had found a woman. She spoke to them in a language that was reminiscent of the previous exploration of the area, though they still did not know the language entirely. For all the man knew, she could be threatening him. But, he doubted that. Instead he looked over to another Medoneux settler and he called for him to come over. When they saw the woman, they began to go back to ship, and gestured for the woman to follow

Violet walked to the ship.
She asked one of the men "What are you going to do to me?"
BREAKING NEWS:
New Caledonians are prompted to vote in the upcoming referendum to grant the state of Bennu greater autonomy or not. Elections for the Chancellor of the Dominion has the whole nation on edge.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:00 pm

The Polarian Empire wrote:

The men realized that the woman was afraid, and they also began to realize that she wasn't of importance to her tribe. "Don't worry," said one of the men, "Could you show us where your leader is?"
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:04 pm

The men realized that the woman was afraid, and they also began to realize that she wasn't of importance to her tribe. "Don't worry," said one of the men, "Could you show us where your leader is?"

Violet wants to know the origins of the men.
"Well, we are far away from Soleanna City.
This is Mooncrest.... Please show me what you want to give us?"
BREAKING NEWS:

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:The men realized that the woman was afraid, and they also began to realize that she wasn't of importance to her tribe. "Don't worry," said one of the men, "Could you show us where your leader is?"

The man, who was confused at first, then realized that the small village was nothing more than a peasant's city and not a capital city. The man then grabbed a map from his pocket and unfolded it to show the island of Manhatten and almost all of New York State, with the North-West corner of the state being cut off and the rest of the state, aside from the shoreline, being distorted from what it actually was. "We wish for this land," said the man, "And we would pay for it with any means necessary"
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:16 pm

The man, who was confused at first, then realized that the small village was nothing more than a peasant's city and not a capital city. The man then grabbed a map from his pocket and unfolded it to show the island of Manhatten and almost all of New York State, with the North-West corner of the state being cut off and the rest of the state, aside from the shoreline, being distorted from what it actually was. "We wish for this land," said the man, "And we would pay for it with any means necessary"

Meduneux's 1rst Slave
Violet didn't know what to do .
She told the leader"Mmmmh my father works as a servant , i learned a lot."
Well, Violet then thought to herself. She thought she could save her home
by surrendering the the mens will. She put her hands in the air,
"Take me instead please, my parents might be willing to negotiate
She cried
BREAKING NEWS:

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:19 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:The man, who was confused at first, then realized that the small village was nothing more than a peasant's city and not a capital city. The man then grabbed a map from his pocket and unfolded it to show the island of Manhatten and almost all of New York State, with the North-West corner of the state being cut off and the rest of the state, aside from the shoreline, being distorted from what it actually was. "We wish for this land," said the man, "And we would pay for it with any means necessary"

Meduneux's 1rst Slave
She cried

The men were confused by the woman. They had only asked about purchasing the land and yet she surrendered herself to the men, as if she wanted to be a slave. "Woman," said one of the men, "We don't want you as a slave! We just want to purchase this territory, and if you can't do that, bring us to someone who can!"
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Meduneux's 1rst Slave
She cried

The men were confused by the woman. They had only asked about purchasing the land and yet she surrendered herself to the men, as if she wanted to be a slave. "Woman," said one of the men, "We don't want you as a slave! We just want to purchase this territory, and if you can't do that, bring us to someone who can!"

"Let me see what you have " said Violet
BREAKING NEWS:

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:The men were confused by the woman. They had only asked about purchasing the land and yet she surrendered herself to the men, as if she wanted to be a slave. "Woman," said one of the men, "We don't want you as a slave! We just want to purchase this territory, and if you can't do that, bring us to someone who can!"

The men nodded, as they were beginning to understand at least the basics of what she was saying. They pointed to the ships along the coast. "We have ships that are able to cross the Atlantic Ocean, along with a few chests of gold and riches"
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:30 pm

The men nodded, as they were beginning to understand at least the basics of what she was saying. They pointed to the ships along the coast. "We have ships that are able to cross the Atlantic Ocean, along with a few chests of gold and riches"

Violet asks for something to write with and paper
BREAKING NEWS:

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:The men nodded, as they were beginning to understand at least the basics of what she was saying. They pointed to the ships along the coast. "We have ships that are able to cross the Atlantic Ocean, along with a few chests of gold and riches"

As the woman made the gesture of writing with a quill, the men looked back to a few sailors sitting by some crates. "Get this woman some paper and ink" they yelled. They soon got what was needed and gave it to the woman.
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:37 pm

As the woman made the gesture of writing with a quill, the men looked back to a few sailors sitting by some crates. "Get this woman some paper and ink" they yelled. They soon got what was needed and gave it to the woman.

Violet wrote a request letter and did a bird call.
the bird comes and Violet uses a lock of her hair to tie the note to its leg.
She whisperes in its ear and it flies away.

"2 to 3 weeks."
BREAKING NEWS:

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:As the woman made the gesture of writing with a quill, the men looked back to a few sailors sitting by some crates. "Get this woman some paper and ink" they yelled. They soon got what was needed and gave it to the woman.

"2 to 3 weeks."

The men sighed when they heard what the woman said. Even though it sounded positive, they had a feeling it was a negative amount of time. "We can wait," said one of the men.
The Orson Empire wrote:Northern Finland
As the 100 Ostyrlonia ships entered the sea between Sweden and Finland to land in northern Finland, a large patrol unit of 150 ships would spot the ships in the distance. Although it was nighttime, the leader of the patrol knew that they were not Bakari ships. Bakari ships did not normally sail to that area at night, unless specifically requested. Plus, the ships appeared to be heading straight for a military dock, which was not far from their location.

The leader of the patrol sent a chain message to all of the other ships, and they began to set their sights on the enemy fleet. The guns would be loaded, and they were prepared to open fire. One ship split off to let the land defenses know that a foreign fleet was incoming, and then it sailed back towards the group.

"Bakari!" cried the captain of one of the ships, "Load the chain shot and knock out its sails! DO NOT LET THAT SHIP BACK TO ITS GROUP!" The cannons were loaded with chains and fired at the lone scouting ship. After a few shots, the ship went back. "Shit," uttered the captain as he looked over the horizon. He saw a larger force just along the skyline. "Prepare the cannons for ordinary shot and tell the other ships to do the same. We're gonna have a fight on our hands"

Argentia
The colony was successful and calm for a decade. It was safe and generated a decent amount of cash for the government back home. But then, the storm came. A large and powerful wind came and the sky turned black. Lightning skipped from cloud to cloud while some sliced through the air and struck the ground with a powerful slam. Rain poured continuously and flooded the lower-lying areas of the harbor. A couple of the docks were flooded or even collapsed, though only one dock collapsed. A few houses were also flooded by the rain and damaged by the winds. While it wasn't a particularly devastating storm, it still damaged enough to be considered to be a heavy storm. It killed a dozen citizens and swamped a couple of small canoes that the natives kept at the docks and that the civilians used to explore using the nearby rivers.
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:15 pm

"2 to 3 weeks."

The men sighed when they heard what the woman said. Even though it sounded positive, they had a feeling it was a negative amount of time. "We can wait," said one of the men.
The Orson Empire wrote:Northern Finland

"Bakari!" cried the captain of one of the ships, "Load the chain shot and knock out its sails! DO NOT LET THAT SHIP BACK TO ITS GROUP!" The cannons were loaded with chains and fired at the lone scouting ship. After a few shots, the ship went back. "Shit," uttered the captain as he looked over the horizon. He saw a larger force just along the skyline. "Prepare the cannons for ordinary shot and tell the other ships to do the same. We're gonna have a fight on our hands"

Argentia
The colony was successful and calm for a decade. It was safe and generated a decent amount of cash for the government back home. But then, the storm came. A large and powerful wind came and the sky turned black. Lightning skipped from cloud to cloud while some sliced through the air and struck the ground with a powerful slam. Rain poured continuously and flooded the lower-lying areas of the harbor. A couple of the docks were flooded or even collapsed, though only one dock collapsed. A few houses were also flooded by the rain and damaged by the winds. While it wasn't a particularly devastating storm, it still damaged enough to be considered to be a heavy storm. It killed a dozen citizens and swamped a couple of small canoes that the natives kept at the docks and that the civilians used to explore using the nearby rivers.

The patrol decided that it was going to fire the first shots.

The ships, with their cannons loaded and aimed directly at the foreign fleet, began the bombardment. The men lit the fuses and the cannons fired with utter ferocity. The first volley mainly consisted of chained-shots- two halves of a cannonball attached together with a metal chain- in order to smash the sails of the enemy so that they could not move, however a few cannons fired normal cannonballs in hopes of sinking some of the enemy ships.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:21 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:The patrol decided that it was going to fire the first shots.

The ships, with their cannons loaded and aimed directly at the foreign fleet, began the bombardment. The men lit the fuses and the cannons fired with utter ferocity. The first volley mainly consisted of chained-shots- two halves of a cannonball attached together with a metal chain- in order to smash the sails of the enemy so that they could not move, however a few cannons fired normal cannonballs in hopes of sinking some of the enemy ships.

"Take cover!" The chains slashed through a few sails, but not enough ships to make a huge difference. The cannonballs hit the decks, but they didn't hit low portions of the hull. The ships were wrapped up once again and the ships took a stand against the Bakari fleet. Most of the ships began to fire a volley of cannonballs, though a few ships fired exploding cannonballs, that were hollowed out, filled with gunpowder, and its fuse lit when the cannon was fired.
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:29 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:The patrol decided that it was going to fire the first shots.

"Take cover!" The chains slashed through a few sails, but not enough ships to make a huge difference. The cannonballs hit the decks, but they didn't hit low portions of the hull. The ships were wrapped up once again and the ships took a stand against the Bakari fleet. Most of the ships began to fire a volley of cannonballs, though a few ships fired exploding cannonballs, that were hollowed out, filled with gunpowder, and its fuse lit when the cannon was fired.

Only a few ships in the front were hit, so the return fire also did not make a difference. 2 ships had been sunk, so far, mainly due to the exploding cannonballs, and the surviving sailors managed to find their way to safety on the other ships. The Bakari ships would begin firing their own exploding cannonballs, which they called shells, at the enemy ships. More chained-shots were also fired.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:36 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:"Take cover!" The chains slashed through a few sails, but not enough ships to make a huge difference. The cannonballs hit the decks, but they didn't hit low portions of the hull. The ships were wrapped up once again and the ships took a stand against the Bakari fleet. Most of the ships began to fire a volley of cannonballs, though a few ships fired exploding cannonballs, that were hollowed out, filled with gunpowder, and its fuse lit when the cannon was fired.

Only a few ships in the front were hit, so the return fire also did not make a difference. 2 ships had been sunk, so far, mainly due to the exploding cannonballs, and the surviving sailors managed to find their way to safety on the other ships. The Bakari ships would begin firing their own exploding cannonballs, which they called shells, at the enemy ships. More chained-shots were also fired.

The chain shot, while it hit a few more sails, did little because they were furled. However, the chains did slash a few sailor's face. When it was seen that the cannonballs damaged a few ships, the troops reveled in their victory, but not for long. The Bakari retaliated and actually sank three ships because of the exploding cannonballs. The order was soon given for half of the fleet to fire explosive cannonballs and the other half to fire chain shot. The next volley lobbed the chain and the explosive cannonballs over at the Bakari.
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:45 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:Only a few ships in the front were hit, so the return fire also did not make a difference. 2 ships had been sunk, so far, mainly due to the exploding cannonballs, and the surviving sailors managed to find their way to safety on the other ships. The Bakari ships would begin firing their own exploding cannonballs, which they called shells, at the enemy ships. More chained-shots were also fired.

The chain shot, while it hit a few more sails, did little because they were furled. However, the chains did slash a few sailor's face. When it was seen that the cannonballs damaged a few ships, the troops reveled in their victory, but not for long. The Bakari retaliated and actually sank three ships because of the exploding cannonballs. The order was soon given for half of the fleet to fire explosive cannonballs and the other half to fire chain shot. The next volley lobbed the chain and the explosive cannonballs over at the Bakari.

The entire fleet would begin dispersing and flanking the enemy ships, while at the same time opening fire on them with regular cannonballs, shells, and chain-shots. More ships had been severely damaged by the enemy's's second volley, but the Bakari hoped to outwit them via the flanking.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:49 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:The chain shot, while it hit a few more sails, did little because they were furled. However, the chains did slash a few sailor's face. When it was seen that the cannonballs damaged a few ships, the troops reveled in their victory, but not for long. The Bakari retaliated and actually sank three ships because of the exploding cannonballs. The order was soon given for half of the fleet to fire explosive cannonballs and the other half to fire chain shot. The next volley lobbed the chain and the explosive cannonballs over at the Bakari.

The entire fleet would begin dispersing and flanking the enemy ships, while at the same time opening fire on them with regular cannonballs, shells, and chain-shots. More ships had been severely damaged by the enemy's's second volley, but the Bakari hoped to outwit them via the flanking.

As the next volley came, more ships were damaged and one sank from the cannons, though the chain shot still didn't do much more than scar a few soldiers or cut one of their heads off. Once the ships began to disperse, the fleet attempted to make a circular position, or at least a somewhat circular shape. The sails unfurled and began to make that position, though some more got damaged when another volley of chain shot came and became sitting ducks. However, they did keep firing at the enemies the same explosive shells and chain shot.
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:00 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:The entire fleet would begin dispersing and flanking the enemy ships, while at the same time opening fire on them with regular cannonballs, shells, and chain-shots. More ships had been severely damaged by the enemy's's second volley, but the Bakari hoped to outwit them via the flanking.

As the next volley came, more ships were damaged and one sank from the cannons, though the chain shot still didn't do much more than scar a few soldiers or cut one of their heads off. Once the ships began to disperse, the fleet attempted to make a circular position, or at least a somewhat circular shape. The sails unfurled and began to make that position, though some more got damaged when another volley of chain shot came and became sitting ducks. However, they did keep firing at the enemies the same explosive shells and chain shot.

The Bakari ships in front got much closer to the enemy ships and began to fire on them at point-blank range. The Bakari ships were so close that the marines on board would load their muskets and they could fire clean shots at the Ostyrlonians. However, at the same time, the Bakari ships were being fired on, so they took heavy damage. The marines began to extend wooden boards out towards the Ostyrlonian ships so that they could board them.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:09 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:As the next volley came, more ships were damaged and one sank from the cannons, though the chain shot still didn't do much more than scar a few soldiers or cut one of their heads off. Once the ships began to disperse, the fleet attempted to make a circular position, or at least a somewhat circular shape. The sails unfurled and began to make that position, though some more got damaged when another volley of chain shot came and became sitting ducks. However, they did keep firing at the enemies the same explosive shells and chain shot.

The Bakari ships in front got much closer to the enemy ships and began to fire on them at point-blank range. The Bakari ships were so close that the marines on board would load their muskets and they could fire clean shots at the Ostyrlonians. However, at the same time, the Bakari ships were being fired on, so they took heavy damage. The marines began to extend wooden boards out towards the Ostyrlonian ships so that they could board them.

As the ships got closer, troops began to light alcohol tankards and tossed them at the Bakari ships. The damage from point blank range was devastating, as it sank four more ships, but it was still a fight that could be won. Once the Bakari ships got close enough to board, the sailors either began to fire their guns or the the few soldiers armed with halibreds began to chop the boards, though they were targets to the Bakari. However, the sailors tried to cover those soldiers. If there were no halibreds on a ship being boarded, troops tried to shoot or slash those who were coming on board.

Vollies of explosive cannonballs and chain shot were still being lobbed at the Bakari.
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:13 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:The Bakari ships in front got much closer to the enemy ships and began to fire on them at point-blank range. The Bakari ships were so close that the marines on board would load their muskets and they could fire clean shots at the Ostyrlonians. However, at the same time, the Bakari ships were being fired on, so they took heavy damage. The marines began to extend wooden boards out towards the Ostyrlonian ships so that they could board them.

As the ships got closer, troops began to light alcohol tankards and tossed them at the Bakari ships. The damage from point blank range was devastating, as it sank four more ships, but it was still a fight that could be won. Once the Bakari ships got close enough to board, the sailors either began to fire their guns or the the few soldiers armed with halibreds began to chop the boards, though they were targets to the Bakari. However, the sailors tried to cover those soldiers. If there were no halibreds on a ship being boarded, troops tried to shoot or slash those who were coming on board.

Vollies of explosive cannonballs and chain shot were still being lobbed at the Bakari.

Fires broke out on the Bakari ships, due to they were wooden. The marines jumped into the water and attempted to use ropes to board the Ostyrlonian ships. Many Bakari died due to being shot, though, however they regrouped and retaliated. The Bakari began to light grenades and throw them onto the Ostyrlonian ships.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse