NATION

PASSWORD

Middle-Earth/Lord of the Rings RP IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Danhanjeedh
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Middle-Earth/Lord of the Rings RP IC

Postby Danhanjeedh » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:37 am

Day 1, Week 1

Dôrin sat on the table with his two sons, "Darkness has emerged over our lands in the past years, soon the world will have to mak a desision on what to do. In the meanwhile we need to make sure we survive whatever is coming for us."
Dûrin looked up, "Our first objective should be to secure the Mountains, all of them. Get rid of those filthy orcs!" he said.
Dôin jumped in "We can't do anything on our own. We need to seek more contact with the world around us." he stated.

After a few hours of debating their role in the coming happenings they reached an agreement.
Dôrin sended out multiple letters:

To: Tharbad
For far to long these wildmen of Dunland have been trouble. We know that they don't have much friends left and so i propose we show them their worth. If we don't act they will join the darkness that's coming.

Signed by,
Dôrin, Lord of Khazad-Dûm and King of Moria

To: Northern Ered Luin
My family, for long i havem't written any letters. But now i come with terrible news.
For a while now Darkness tries to get a grip on the Mountains, and i feel that if we don't act we will soon fall.
With this letter i hope to renew our alliance.

Signed by,

To Rivendell:
We have mistrusted eachother for years, but as you may know darkness is arising across the eastern lands.
This may be the era in wich we fight together.
But till then i propose a trade. I give you 3 Mithril and 5 Steel in return for 7 Food and 5 Clothes.

Signed by,

To: Gondor
Our realms are far from eachother, but with the darkness coming we need to work together.
I have a trade proposal for you. I give you 2 Mithril in return for 5 Food.

Signed by,

Trade proposal to the region of Gram
Last edited by Danhanjeedh on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current RP's

Middle Earth/Lord of the Rings RP - Khazad-Dûm

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:42 am

Narmacil had gathered 300 of his Tharbad Guardsmen and now he began marching on Dunland. For far too long they had been a pain in his side but no longer. He called for Enedwaith's aid before he left and he hoped they would answer the call.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:59 am

Day 7, Week 1.

Elrond read again the parchment that had been delivered to him by the dwarven emmisary.

Code: Select all
To Rivendell:
We have mistrusted eachother for years, but as you may know darkness is arising across the eastern lands.
This may be the era in wich we fight together.
But till now i propose a trade. I give you 3 Mithril and 5 Steel in return for 7 Food and 5 Clothes.

Signed by,

He sighed. Others were now seeing the gathering darkness that he had foreseen. While Elrond had no great love for dwarves, he knew their worth in battle. He composed his reply:

To King Dôrin of Khazad-Dûm:

Your majesty, we accept your offer and will send these supplies upon the morrow. I pray to the Valar that this will be the first of many fruitfull contacts between Rivendell and your noble people.

Namárië,

Elrond of Rivendell

After he finished, he turned to his councilor, Erestor and said "Call the council together. We must discuss what our next action will be."

"Yes, Lord Elrond." said Erestor.
Last edited by Maineiacs on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:49 am

Day 3, Week 2

Dain's beard was long, and white as the snow of the highest mountain peaks, but his back was unbowed by age and his eyes shone bright with the flames of intellect that defined his famous rule. The first King under the Mountain since the Desolation of the Dragon, he had fought long and hard for the glory and safety of his people, and now it appeared he would have to do so again.

"You are sure of that which your words give voice?" His voice was as deep as the halls of stone in which he sat, as powerful as the forces of Arda itself.

The messenger gave a half-bow once more.

"I am sure my liege. The men of the Eastern Dale have decreed that they shall no longer send us food in exchange for our guardianship and friendship."

Dain sat back in his great rock throne. The Arkenstone was dull as of yet, but that was no guarantee of safety. It detected only peril of the military kind to the realm, and this new danger was not one of swords and axes, but of slow hunger gnawing at bones in the night. He shook his head. It could not be borne.

"Thorin, I have work for you to do."

His son nodded, and left for the armory.

That very next day the Dwarvenhost marched forth in all its glorious array, three hundred stout warriors of the caverns and byways. Their families cheered as they marched, but Dain's eyes were downcast. War was a terrible business, but what else could be done when his realm was so threatened? Only a hundred staunch soldiers would be left to defend the Mountain, but that was the price of his folly in believing in peace. The Mountain would be defense enough for now.

Letters are sent to Dale, Esgaroth, and the Iron Hills, calling upon old alliances in order to meet this new threat.
Offers of Alliance are send to Ered Mithrin and the Withered Heath, to make fast their collective strength in these dark times.
An offer of trade is sent to the Eastern Iron Hills Flatlands, in hopes that they will see the good in this proposal.
An offer of trade is also sent to Carnen, that they might together grow rich.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:52 am

Dol Guldur,
Stone Fortress,
Day 6, Week 2

Queen Chrysalis sat in the throne-room of the old fortress, contemplating ways to defeat the Elves warring against the colony. The Elves had started a war to exterminate the colony and Chrysalis was not about to let that happen. The relatively small number of soldiers in the colony would not be enough to defeat an army of Elven troops, so Chrysalis decided to recruit new troops in the form of mercenaries. There was a relatively large tribe of Men not far from the colony;Chrysalis decided to recruit them for her cause.

As soon as the sun set, Chrysalis and a small number of guards left the fortress and traveled west for a few hours before coming upon the town that the corrupted men of darkness inhabited. Chrysalis and her guards walked into the town, causing the peasants to flee into their homes. She ignored them and entered the Town Hall, approaching the leader of the settlement. "I come to make a deal with you, not to kill you." She said, the leader's guards backing off. "The Colony is in need of soldiers to defeat the Elves of the Woodland. You're town is in need of food and iron . We both have what each other need. So, a simple solution to both our problems;you're town provides the Colony with soldiers, the Colony provides the town with food and iron supplies. Do we have a deal?" Chrysalis said, the leader of the town reluctantly agreeing.

Chrysalis returned to the fortress of Dol Guldur, having arranged to give a shipment of iron and a shipment of food to the town leader in exchange for five hundred soldiers to be recruited over the next week and another five hundred to be provided at a later date when the Colony requires it (-1 Food, -1 Iron). She then decided to call upon her ally Gonurl in Southern Mirkwood. She departed the fortress again with a company of soldiers to defend her and they traveled for a few hours to his dwelling in Mirkwood. She and her guards entered Gonurl's domain and his guards led her to him, the two colonies being long time allies. She greeted him, saying "Greetings Gonurl, it is I, Queen Chrysalis. I apologize for the unexpected and unannounced visit, but I would say we both have a bit of a problem. The Woodland Elves are warring against the Colony, and I'm certain that they are also not to fond of you're realm either. I come to seek you're aid against the Elves of the Woodland, together we can destroy them and both of us can become far more prosperous than ever before. What do you say, Gonurl, do you agree?"

OOC: Apologies if I underestimate the amount of time it would take to travel to certain places, or if I make a minor mistake somewhere. And I am assuming that Gonurl can talk, or at least communicate with other Spiders.
Last edited by Fascist Russian Empire on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Danhanjeedh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Danhanjeedh » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:10 am

NPC Replies:

Day 2, Week 3

Gram accepts the trade with Khazad-Dûm

Enedwaith sends 150 Soldiers of Enedwaith to support Tharbad in the war against Dunland

Esgaroth sends 100 Dalish Forestmen and 100 Dwarvish men to aid Erebor
The Iron Hills deside to aid by attacking themselves with 200 Dwarven Axemen, 100 Dwarven Spearmen and 100 Dwarven Archers
Dale also desides to attack by itself, they take 200 Swordsmen of Dale, 100 Archers of Dale and 100 Cavalry of Dale

Ered Mithrin agrees to an alliance if Erebor joins the war against Flat-Ered Mithrin
Withered Heath currently doesn't sees any benefit in an Alliance
The Eastern Iron Flatlands agree to the trade
Carnen also agrees to the trade
Last edited by Danhanjeedh on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Current RP's

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:11 am

Day 5 Week 3

The Council meeting drew no tangible results. No word had yet arrived from Lothlórien nor from Isengard. He would have to appeal to the other Free Peoples of Middle earth. He called Elladan and Elrohir before him.

"My sons, I want you to deliver these letters for me." he said.

"Yes, father." they replied.

To: Dain II Ironfoot, King Under the Mountain

Your Majesty,

The darkness will soon be upon us. There is growing unrest in the south, that may soon reach us here in the northern lands. I suggest trade relations, with an eye toward future negotiations. I have been in contact with Dôrin of Khazad-Dûm, and he too sees the wisdom in this.

We will offer you 3 clothing and 3 food in return for 1 gold.

Elrond of Rivendell

To Théoden, King of Rohan:

Théoden King,

Ever has Rohan had cordial relations with my kin in Lothlórien. I wish for friendship between our peoples as well. I propose a trade alliance. I will send you:

1 clothes and 2 wood for 2 steel.

Elrond of Rivendell

Elrond then called for Glorfindell and Erestor.

"Glorfindel, I want you to assemble a comapny of 200 horsemen; Erestor, you must assemble 200 spearmen. When war comes, as I fear it must, we must be ready."

"Yes, Lord Elrond." they said.
Last edited by Maineiacs on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:30 am, edited 6 times in total.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
add 6,928 to post count

Danhanjeedh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Danhanjeedh » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:27 am

Day 1, Week 4

Dôrin and his men finally worked out their plan. They had heard about the troops from Tharbad moving towards Dunland and so Dôrin sended 100 Dwarven Miners (under command of Dûrin) to aid them.
He also sended 100 Dwarven Axemen and 100 Dwarven Miners (under command of Dôin) to the border with the Forest Hills. Soon they would invade.
Dôrin also orderd the recrutement of 300 Dwarven Swordsmen, 300 Dwarven Axemen, 300 Dwarven Archers, 300 Dwarven Spearmen, 200 Vault Wardens and 100 Guards of Khazad-Dûm.
They would be finished within 5 weeks and would cost 3 Food, 1 Steel, 1 Gold, 1 Clothes and 2 Mithirl.
Current RP's

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:29 am

Day 4 Week 4

In the following days more letters went out.

To: Celeborn and Galadriel, Lord and Lady of Lothlórien

My Lord and Lady,

Unrest grows. We cannot, I fear, remain idle. I wish to summon the White Council. May the Light of Valinor shine on you.

Elrond

To: Saruman the White

My Lord,

I have sent word to Celeborn and Galadriel in Lothlórien that I wish to have the White Council meet. If it please the Istari, we should convene at the soonest possible date.

Elrond of Imladris
Last edited by Maineiacs on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
add 6,928 to post count

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:09 am

Day 7 Week 4
Rhunish Capital, Rhun

Khamul the Easterling sat upon his jeweled throne, tapping it with his metallic gauntlets in boredom. The Kingdom of Rhun was a prosperous and proud nation, the Rhunic People filled with national pride, however, the Rhunic People stood fractured so called Rhunic Nations forming a buffer state encirclement of the true Rhun. Whilst Khamul had given a mask of friendship, becoming allies with each and every one of the false Kings, Dukes, Counts, Khans and Tribal Chieftans, he secretly planned on the eventual absorption of each and every single state calling itself a Kingdom of Rhun. He did decide, that whilst he was waiting for the time to strike, he could milk the alliances and relations he had for a while longer. As well as deciding to train more men for the army.
100 Rhunish Cavalry. 200 Rhunish Axemen, 200 Rhunish Archers.
0.5 Food, 0.5 Steel

Trade Agreement sent to the 3 factions:
Northern redlands, Southern redlands and Northern Dorwinion
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:43 am

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Dol Guldur,
Stone Fortress,
Day 6, Week 2

Queen Chrysalis sat in the throne-room of the old fortress, contemplating ways to defeat the Elves warring against the colony. The Elves had started a war to exterminate the colony and Chrysalis was not about to let that happen. The relatively small number of soldiers in the colony would not be enough to defeat an army of Elven troops, so Chrysalis decided to recruit new troops in the form of mercenaries. There was a relatively large tribe of Men not far from the colony;Chrysalis decided to recruit them for her cause.

As soon as the sun set, Chrysalis and a small number of guards left the fortress and traveled west for a few hours before coming upon the town that the corrupted men of darkness inhabited. Chrysalis and her guards walked into the town, causing the peasants to flee into their homes. She ignored them and entered the Town Hall, approaching the leader of the settlement. "I come to make a deal with you, not to kill you." She said, the leader's guards backing off. "The Colony is in need of soldiers to defeat the Elves of the Woodland. You're town is in need of food and iron . We both have what each other need. So, a simple solution to both our problems;you're town provides the Colony with soldiers, the Colony provides the town with food and iron supplies. Do we have a deal?" Chrysalis said, the leader of the town reluctantly agreeing.

Chrysalis returned to the fortress of Dol Guldur, having arranged to give a shipment of iron and a shipment of food to the town leader in exchange for five hundred soldiers to be recruited over the next week and another five hundred to be provided at a later date when the Colony requires it (-1 Food, -1 Iron). She then decided to call upon her ally Gonurl in Southern Mirkwood. She departed the fortress again with a company of soldiers to defend her and they traveled for a few hours to his dwelling in Mirkwood. She and her guards entered Gonurl's domain and his guards led her to him, the two colonies being long time allies. She greeted him, saying "Greetings Gonurl, it is I, Queen Chrysalis. I apologize for the unexpected and unannounced visit, but I would say we both have a bit of a problem. The Woodland Elves are warring against the Colony, and I'm certain that they are also not to fond of you're realm either. I come to seek you're aid against the Elves of the Woodland, together we can destroy them and both of us can become far more prosperous than ever before. What do you say, Gonurl, do you agree?"

OOC: Apologies if I underestimate the amount of time it would take to travel to certain places, or if I make a minor mistake somewhere. And I am assuming that Gonurl can talk, or at least communicate with other Spiders.

Othronn Ungol
Whatever the date is

The hulking shape in the cavern's darkness considered the offer. Gonurl replied, in a voice from the deepest pits of nightmare, "A strike on the accursed ones would be to my liking. Yet we are not strong enough to succeed at this time. In a few weeks' time, let us meet again, having built up our armies. Then we may cleanse the forest of the elven scum."
piss

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:05 am

Shaggai wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Dol Guldur,
Stone Fortress,
Day 6, Week 2

Othronn Ungol
Whatever the date is

The hulking shape in the cavern's darkness considered the offer. Gonurl replied, in a voice from the deepest pits of nightmare, "A strike on the accursed ones would be to my liking. Yet we are not strong enough to succeed at this time. In a few weeks' time, let us meet again, having built up our armies. Then we may cleanse the forest of the elven scum."

Queen Chrysalis,
Day 6, Week 2 Past Tense

Chrysalis replied in a moderately soft tone, though it still sounded like a Spider voice "Good...I look forward to crushing the Elven pigs." She was not Evil, she simply needed to do what was in the best interest for her colony. "I have been hiring Men as mercenaries for the cause of the Colony, and will continue to expand the armies of the Colony. I shall return in two weeks;then we can join our armies together and raze the Elven lands into oblivion." She finished before departing with her soldiers. She returned to Dol Guldur.

Day 1, Week 5

After arriving at her fortress, Chrysalis met with her heir and future Queen;Princess Cadence. Chrysalis and Cadence are the only two Royal spiders in the Colony, both of which being larger and smarter than the others. While Chrysalis had been away meeting with Gonurl, Cadence had been making sure that everything ran smoothly in the Colony. The five hundred promised soldiers from the town had been recruited and placed under the command of the Colony, and things were going quite well. Chrysalis and Cadence discussed various tactics to raise an army to invade the Elves. After a bit of discussion, Chrysalis decided to start breeding new soldier spiders to fight for the Colony. They had food brought in and started breeding an army of small spiders (3,500 Small Spiders recruited over a week, -1 Food).
Last edited by Fascist Russian Empire on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:07 am

Some Date, Eastern Dale

Thorin led his company forward, pleased with the display of force the allies of the Kingdom under the Mountain had sent to aid in the Dwarves quest to quell the villainous Eastern Dalemen. They outnumbered his own dwarves, but with the assistance of the men of the Long Lake, the people of Dale itself, and his kin of the Iron Hills, the battle would be easy.

His Dwarves sang their bawdy pre-battle songs as the various formations maneuvered to engage the treacherous Dalemen, and then battle was joined.

It was fierce, but over quickly.

Against the
200 Dwarven Miners, 100 Dwarven Axemen of Erebor
100 Dalish Forestmen, 100 Dwarvish Men of Esgaroth
200 Dwarven Axemen, 100 Dwarven Spearmen, 100 Dwarven Archers of the Iron Hills
200 Swordsmen of Dale, 100 Archers of Dale and 100 Cavalry of Dale

were set only
100 Swordsmen of Dale, 100 Axemen of Dale, 100 Archers of Dale, 100 Spearmen of Dale and 100 Cavalry of Dale.

The people of Esgaroth suffered the most losses, as they took the cavalry charge of the Eastern Dalemen along with the Dwarven Spearmen, but it was a rout, and Eastern Dale would now swear allegiance to the King under the Mountain. Friendships were forged in the heat of battle, and all allies parted on good terms, for Dain had finally aided the men of Dale in battle against their foes in Eastern Dale. Thorin also thanked the men of Esgaroth and the Iron Hills for their commitment to their alliances, and sent them on their ways with much in the way of spoils from the battlefield.

100 Axemen of Erebor
200 Dwarven Crossbowmen

A missive is sent to the land of Dale, congratulating them on the successful conclusion of their war with Eastern Dale, and noting Erebor's own contributions to the allied success. It sends them an offer to join with the King under the Mountain in a single realm.
A missive is sent to Ered Mithrin, declaring the King under the Mountain's intent to join in the war with the Flatlands.
A letter is sent to the Woodland Realm, offering a trade agreement.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:33 am

Gondor
(Flashback)
Minas Tirith
Day 6, Week 2
Gondor! Gondor! The Greatest Realm in Exile of the Men of Numenor! Kingdom of Stone! Guardians against the Shadow of Mordor! Ever the blood of Gondor has been shed to keep such Evils at bay!

King Anarion II sat upon the throne of Gondor, the weight of his Crown on his forehead. He was sitting their, his sword on his lap, when the doors to the Hall opened. Revealing a Dwarf, a stocky Dwarf with a great beard common of his kith and kin strode into the hall and bowed before him.

"Lord of Gondor, I Have come with tidings from my Master, Dorin, Lord of Khazad-Dum and King of Moria." As the Dwarf spoke he held out a letter that Anarion, upon sheathing his sword took. It was two weeks old, but Moria was a long way from Gondor as it is, even by the wings of a crow.

King Anarion read the letter and nodded, the war against the Darkness has been a long one, any Gondorian would tell any folk that. But the trade offer came as a surprise, however Mithril is hard to come by and the Dwarves were ever skilled miners in that regard.

"Scribe." said Anarion and a servant stepped forth holding Parchment and quill, who began to scribe the dictating of Anarions words.

Lord Dorin, friend of Gondor
I, Anarion, Second of his Name and King of Gondor; agree to the terms of this economic exchange. The war against the Shadow has been a long and perilous one, and many things still uncertain. Gondor will march against Andrast soon, to eliminate that threat while we still can.

Turning to the Dwarf the Scribe handed him the letter and Anarion spoke, "Master Dwarf, you may leave tomorrow, I trust the road was a long one. You will eat and drink under my roof tonight and sleep in a comfortable bed. If need be I will have a squire fetch a fresh horse ere the morning."

Elseware the King had released an order to increase the size of the Gondorian Military, which he had ordered more than a week ago. Gondor would raise a force of 5,000 Men, Forming the core of a new Army to better protect the Realm. 500 of which would be ready in 3 days time.

Already General Calumantar had marched west with a force of 25 Archers, 50 Cavalry, 75 Spearmen and 50 Swordsmen or a force of 200 men to Gondors western border with Andrast. In which time he would launch the beginning of the campaign to subdue Andrast.

Day 2, Week 3
(Flashback)
Minas Tirith

The Dwarf emissary had ate and drank to his hearts content, and was now two days gone with fresh transportation back to his own Realm with the reply to Dorin. Mean while 500 new soldiers had finished training and would be sent out to their first postings, with a total of 100 Spearmen, 200 Swordsmen, 100 Archers, and 100 Cavalry formed they would be sent to Garrison parts of the realm. With a full company of Swordsmen (100) sent to protect the City of Osgiliath and join the 25 Archers and 25 Spearmen already stationed there. The other Company of Swords men would be divided with 50 Being sent to Cair Andros to support the 25 Cavalry garrisoned there. While the remaining 50 Would be stationed in Belfalas to support the 25 Cavalry, 50 Archers and 50 Swordsmen garrisoned there.

As Reinforcements 25 Archers, 25 Spearmen and 25 Cavalry would depart to join General Calumantar and the reaming 75 men for each three soldier formations would remaing in Minas Tirith on City Garrison duty.

Day 5, Week 3

Word reached Anarion that General Calumantar was nearing the western Border of Gondor and would be crossing into Andrast in a few days time. As which he would cross the River Lefnui and leave Anfalas for Andrast. Meanwhile the reinforcements for Calumantar had crossed the River Erui into Lebinin from Lossarnach. Making good timing in fair weather to the West.

Day 1, Week 4

News by Crow reached Minas Tirith that Calumantar and his Men had crossed the border into Andrast. While teh second wave of 500 Men finished their training. With 200 Spearmen, 100 Sword, 50 Cavalry and 150 Archers forming the Second wave of formations and all being sent South to Garrison Pelargir, which they would use the South Road to help in their travel.

Day 4, Week 4

No news had come from Calumantar, as was expected do to the increasing distance. The only news being that the reinforcements were nearing the River Sirith and would be crossing into Western Lebinin.

On another matter Anarion traveled to Osgiliath to inspect the garrison there, with the soldiers remaing crisp and alert. Much to the pride of Anarion himself wrote a Squire on seeing the Kings gratitude. It was true, Anarion was proud, it reminded him of his days in the Army as a Captain, leading good Men into the fray. Oh the terror he had felt, but the valiant feel of fighting for his people.

Day 4, Week 5
(Present)
News had come from General Calumantar, he had successfully crossed into Andrast, with equally good word coming that the Reinforcements had crossed the River Sirith and now crossing the River Gilrain into Belfalas. Whereby all the first wave Garrisons had reached their posts and the Pelargir garrison had reached their destination. Meanwhile Anarion looked at reports of Kingdom finances and important news from his people wishing to inform him of various things. He had to attend a wedding ceremony in Osgiliath this morning, as the Father was ill and could not give away his Daughter. As father of the Realm it was his Duty to do the Honors in the name of the Father and give the bride away. It was a joyful occasion, allowing an escape from the tedious duties of the Kingship. His wife, Queen Tala was traveling with their Son to Dol Amroth to visit friends there and cousins, he had wished safe journeys upon them as they left and kissed his wife dearly, hoping to speed them on their way.
Last edited by Imperialisium on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resident Fox lover
If you don't hear from me for a while...I'm inna woods.
NS' Unofficial Adult Actress.

Danhanjeedh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Danhanjeedh » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:40 pm

NPC Replies & actions

Day5 , Week5

Lothlorien attends and supports action
Isengard attends but desires to remain neutral for the time being.

All three regions accept this proposal

Dale refuses the offer, it does not see why they should join up with Erebor
Ered Mithrin is glad with the offer and accepts
The Woodland Realm agrees on the trade offer

Umbar declares war on Tolfalas, Tolfalas calls on Gondor for aid. (Umbar attacks with 15 Corsairs ships and 200 Corsairs)
Gram and Northern Gram deside to join eachother.
Dorwinion and Northern Dorwinion join together.
Forlindon conquers Himling.
Mordor claims the dead Marshes.
Kingdom of Rhûn-North declares war on the Eastern Wastelands.
Kingdom of Rhûn-NWL and Kingdom of Rhûn-WF declare war on the Rhûnish-Dalish Borderlands.
Last edited by Danhanjeedh on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current RP's

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Day 6 Week 5

Elrond ordered Erestor and Glorfindel to each recruit 500 more soldiers. He was pleased that Galadriel seemed supportive of his proposal, but was concerned by Isengard's non-comittal response. He made a mental note to converse privately with both Galadriel and Gandalf the Grey after the Council met. Elladan and Elrohir had returned to Imaldris. He would have to put thought to the best use for his sons pending what the Council decided.
Last edited by Maineiacs on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
add 6,928 to post count

Danhanjeedh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Danhanjeedh » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Day 7, Week 5

Dôin had gatherd his forces at the border with the Forest Hills. By his fathers order it would be saved from the darkness.
Scouts had reported that the enemy had gatherd in a large cave. Their army existed out of an estimated 200 small spiders and 5 Cave Trolls.
The cave was a walk of three days, Dôin planned the attack in 4 days so his men could rest before heading into battle.

In the Meanwhile Dûrin and his men had arrived near Dunland, they would stay there untill the men of Tharbad enterd Dunland.

Dôrin waited at home, he was nervous. This was the first time his sons would fight in a real war...
To ease his feelings he wrote serval letters to nearby regions.
Trade proposals are sended to Hoarwell, Carrock and Framsburg.
Last edited by Danhanjeedh on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current RP's

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Week 6, day 1
Tharbad's army had reached Dunland and joined by their allies and surprisingly the Dwarves they marched on. They would go threw Dunland's territory until they illicited a response. However they were careful and kept a watchful eye on their surroundings in the case that Dunland's forces came sprinting down from the hills.

Tharbad also began training 3000 more Tharbad Guardsmen.

Near acid had a letter sent to Queen Chysalis along with a diplomat.

We wish to form an alliance between our two nations if you wish this too and we hope you do then please send a reply soon.
-Best regards-
Last edited by Elerian on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Elerian wrote:Week 6, day 1
Tharbad's army had reached Dunland and joined by their allies and surprisingly the Dwarves they marched on. They would go threw Dunland's territory until they illicited a response. However they were careful and kept a watchful eye on their surroundings in the case that Dunland's forces came sprinting down from the hills.

Tharbad also began training 3000 more Tharbad Guardsmen.

Near acid had a letter sent to Queen Chysalis along with a diplomat.

We wish to form an alliance between our two nations if you wish this too and we hope you do then please send a reply soon.
-Best regards-

Dol Guldur,
Queen Chrysalis,
Day 2, Week 6

"How curious. An alliance with a kingdom of Men that lies westward of Lorien." Chrysalis thought aloud, her and Princess Cadence discussing the possibility of an alliance with Tharbad. They had a drone bring the diplomat some food and water while Chrysalis and Cadence contemplated. "It could be beneficial, having an powerful ally nearby our Elven enemies. Not to mention the potential trading we could conduct." Princess Cadence said. "I concur. I shall give the diplomat a message to tell the monarch of Tharbad." Queen Chrysalis said, walking back to the diplomat. "Tell your leader that I, Queen Chrysalis of Dol Guldur, accept his proposal of an alliance and that if he should wish to discuss further details than he is welcome to visit the fortress of Dol Guldur for himself." She said to the diplomat, before having him escorted safely to the border to travel back to Tharbad.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Day 3, Week 6
Khamul was pleased to hear that the nations he had sent his trade agreements too had accepted, and he was overjoyed when he had heard that his allies had declared war. Soon, half of the newly trained troops were sent to each warzone and Khamul would assist his allies in these wars.

50 Rhunish Cavalry go to assist North-Rhun.
100 Rhunish Axemen go to assist North-Rhun
100 Rhunish Archers go to assist North-Rhun

50 Rhunish Cavalry go to assist Rhûn-NWL and Rhûn-WF
100 Rhunish Axemen go to assist Rhûn-NWL and Rhûn-WF
100 Rhunish Archers go to assist Rhûn-NWL and Rhûn-WF
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Danhanjeedh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Danhanjeedh » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Day 4, Week 6

Dôin and his men where only an hour marching away from the cave when they heard movement in the bushes.
"In formation!" Dôin shouted just when he killed a spider who jumped out of one of the bushes...
Within moments the whole area was full with that scum, however they stood no chance against Dwarven steel.
As the dwarves almost finished the spiders a loud noise cracked through the trees, "Trolls!" some of the dwarves yelled.
And yes, before they knew it 5 trolls jumped out and started to smash the dwarves around.
These Dwarves where unexperienced and had a hard time defeating the trolls. But in the end they succeeded.
The Forest Hills where now under Dwarven controll.
Dôin wrote inmediatly a letter to his father. The troops had to return soon, Dôin knew that the war would lie to the north.

As Dôin and his men searched the cave for valueable items Dôin stumbled on a ring, however, he soon noticed it wasn't an ordinary ring... It was one of the Rings of power. He desided to take it to Dôrin

(100 Dwarven Miners and 37 Dwarven Axemen killed)
Last edited by Danhanjeedh on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current RP's

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Day 5, Week 6
Dunland forces were soon goaded out of their holes and feebly tried attacking the combined forces of Tharbad, Enedwaith and the Dwarves. They came rushing from one side of the column as it marched. They were disorganized and quickly routed. Tharbad lost 10 Guardsmen, Enedwaith lost 5 and the dwarves had no casualties. Tharbad allowed its allies to return home as they chased the Dunlanders back to their towns and subjugated them. And Dunland was now under Tharbad's thrall.
Last edited by Elerian on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Week 6 Day 6

The White Council, having arrived the previous day, now met in the Hall of Fire in the Last Homely House in Rivendell. Elrond, Celeborn, Galadriel, and the 5 Istari sat at the main table. Most of the faces looked troubled. Elrond spoke:

"Friends, I have called you all here to discuss troubling tidings. We have word that the Dwarves of Khazad-Dûm and Men from Tharbad march with war on Dunland. There is unrest within Rhûn that will soon erupt into open war, if it has not already. I am sure I do not need to remind you all that the Rings of Power, yea, even the One, remain at large. Should even the least of them fall in to undesirable hands, all Middle-Earth will face such peril as has not been seen since the War of the Last Alliance.

I have opened talks with Dain at Erebor and with Théoden of Rohan, and have myself been contacted by Dôrin of Khazad-Dûm. I believe that in all these cases, accomodation can be reached, if not open alliance. My kinsmen, I apologize if I have stepped on your toes by contacting Rohan myself rather than leaving it to you, but I felt time of the essence. My Lord and Lady, have you heard word from Théoden? And what of Gondor or Dale? What lore do the Istari have on the whereabouts of the Rings?

I have begun to raise troops -- not to march to war, unless at the uttermost end of need -- but to defend Imladris should it be necessary. We have heard of no stirrings from Dol Guldur, or Carn Dûn. Perhaps we should send word to Thranduil? And also to the Beornings? The movements of the orcs of the Misty Mountains, if there are any, remain hidden. What says the Council? Shall we prepare for the worst?"
Last edited by Maineiacs on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
add 6,928 to post count

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Week 6, Day 7

The Witch King sat on his massive Throne in his Tower, which he took to calling Minas Nazgul. He sent out edicts across his Kingdom for the recruitment of 300 Orcs and 100 more Black Numenoreans. Until they were ready, he would remain in Minas Nazgul and oversee the strategic aspects of his war against Forodwaith whilst his commanders took his current army of 300 Militia and 100 Black Numenoreans North. He divided his forces into two Companies, each with 150 Militia and 50 Black Numenoreans and both would head North to finish his enemy. Letters were sent out to North and East Angmar to call them to aid in the war.

The Witch King, his orders being distributed, looked at the Ring of Power on his hand. It was second only to the One, the Ring lost nearly 1300 years prior. One Forodwaith fell, he could concentrate his forces on the divided Kingdoms of Arnor and conquer the West.
Last edited by Britanania on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Battle for Andrast
Day 1, Week 6
Flashback

The 200 strong warriors of Andrast had blown their war horns a couple days after the arrival of the Gondorians Soldiers under General Calumantar. Lining up on a hill the Andrast warriors formed a rough mass of warriors spears out and swords unsheathed. A group of Archers was located in the center of the mass with arrows knocked.

"Draw into formations!" Bellowed Calumantar as he drew his hand and half sword from its sheath. The 75 Spearmen drew up into a Formation three ranks Deep, spears out in a Phalanx and Tower shields in front of them. The swords men drew up to the Flanks, longswords out and shields at the ready, while the Archers formed a line behind these formations. Ready to fire mass volleys, while the Cavalry disappeared around a high hillock off to the South.

Calumantar's plan was to engage the enemy in the front while smashing from the rear with the Heavy Gondorian Cavalry. With the idea of dividing and shattering their formation and allow heavy losses to insue from the intended route. As Calumantar though this he raised his sword and shouted, "Archers! Loose!"

A flurry of Arrows fired in formation flew into the air, before plunging into the ranks of the Andrast men, two Dozen fell under this and two subsequent volleys. The Gondorians Spearmen and Swordsmen moved forward in unision, marching to their destination in ordered rank and file.
A reply from the surviving Andrast Archers came half-heartingly, which the Gondorians raised their shields in unison to form a rooftop. Arrows thudded into the hardened wood and steel, until at 25 meters the Gondorians releashed a furious war cry: "FOR GONDOR!!!."

Slamming into the Andrast warriors as the din of steel and cries of men filled the air. While the thudding of hooves arose in the distance as Calumantar rode into the fray, urging his men to greater acts of valor and courage. The Gondorian Cavalry had arrived with professional timing and slammed into the Andrast's rear ranks in a wedge formation. Dividing the Andrastians into two and sowing confusion amongs their ranks. It was a total route, with routed warriors fleeing before the blades of the Gondorians. The battle was over. Some 121 Andrastians had been slain, with a few dozen more injured, but Calumantar let the remaining warriors flee. To show the mercy of Gondor and that Men should not dishonorable kill Men.

On the Gondorian side eight had been slain, with 16 injured, the tactic had worked to prevent far higher casualties from taking place do to a slogging match. He would send word of his victory to Minas Tirith, Andrast belonged to the White City.

Minas Tirith

Present
Week 6, Day 7

When news of Umbars attack had reached Minas Tirith the King of Gondor was filled with wrath. Tolfalas was an ally and the hatred for the Black Corsairs of Umbar was great in Gondor. He immidiately had ridden South into Lossarnach and thence towards Tolfalas with 75 Gondorian Cavalry, the mounted troops could fight just as well on foot, but he needed speed on his side.

Belfalas itself was marching to assist Tolfalas, being a closer fiefdom they would reach the island before the King did. The Gondorians troops there would hopefully be eneough to drive the Corsairs away, they would probably shurk from a real battle and simply flee as per their pirating nature.
Resident Fox lover
If you don't hear from me for a while...I'm inna woods.
NS' Unofficial Adult Actress.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse