NATION

PASSWORD

Thoughtdeath [OOC|Signups|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Thoughtdeath [OOC|Signups|Open]

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:32 am

Thoughtdeath

Fifty years from now, the world has changed drastically. A rising population has lead to soaring crime rates and wars start almost every day, killing millions of a population so large it swallows that statistic. Technology held the promise to our future, and the most recent innovation is just a symptom of the broader corruption of that promise. IMSAs are what you need to know about. Of the thousands of advances mankind has made, only one matters to you right now: Impulse Manifestation Spinal Arrays. They, simply, turn thoughts into matter, a breakthrough technology. It doesn't offer humanity much though; only the most strong-willed can use it, and their creations are limited in scope even when working in concert with others. The governments of the world threw it into the rubbish bin of advancement. Realigning atoms with the mind was nothing compared to fusion power and suborbital elevators. But there were some who saw its promise: the entertainment industry, to be specific. A budding entrepreneur convinced the head IMSA developer to work for him, and out of him was a new extreme sport born: Thoughdeath.

The rewards are huge. A new life, power, fame, enough money to buy a new life... the desperate came from the entire globe to California to compete. Homeless men, ex-mercenaries, crazed psychotics, convicted criminals. Nobody really minded who competed, because Thoughtdeath offered a fresh chance to make something out of those who competed in it. It was something the masses clung to, hope in the mad mad world, and it soon had the largest viewing audiences of any sport, ever. A bloodsport played to an epic level, worlds created and destroyed within the Dome. Only the insane competed, and only the truly unhinged triumphed.

And you are one of those insane competitiors. Welcome to Thoughtdeath.

Everybody loves exposition. Now, the nuts and bolts.

Thoughtdeath is a turn-based RP game. It is a violent, lethal, turn-based RP game.

You are one of the competitors in Thoughtdeath. Like everyone else competing in the given match, you will be dropped into an arena with only the clothes on your back and your IMSA. Matches are either team-based, or free for all, and you will likely die. Frequently, as the case may be. Don't worry though, death is cheap in 2060. You may not win, but you won't be permanently out of things, maybe just a match. Death probably isn't pleasant though, so you should probably avoid it.

Without more ado, the app.

General Information
Name:
Sex:
Physical Appearance:

Character Stats
Attack:
Composition:
Resilience:
Mobility:
Cognition:
Energy:

Code: Select all
[u]General Information[/u]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Physical Appearance:[/b]

[u]Character Stats[/u]
[b]Attack:[/b]
[b]Composition:[/b]
[b]Resilience:[/b]
[b]Mobility:[/b]
[b]Cognition:[/b]
[b]Energy:[/b]

Each Character gets 50 statblocks to assign to Stats.

Ah, right, you probably want what all of that means explained.

Attack is the damage you can inflict on another character, or constructs. Raw output, raw destruction. It can be enhanced by constructs, of course, and is added to all ranged or close-combat fighting. Each point of Attack costs 1 Statblock.
Composition is how much of a beating you can take. When it falls to zero, you turn into a bloody mess. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200. You probably want to keep this from hitting zero. Each point of Composition costs 1 Statblock.
Resilience is how good you are at taking said beating. It takes a chunk off enemy attack equal to your Resilience score. If you have a high Resilience, you'll be laughing off small-arms fire, and spitting bullets back at foes. Each point of Resilience costs 1 Statblock.
Mobility: is how quickly you can get from here to there, a useful feature when facing ranged weapons or simply for being where you want to be. Each point of Mobility costs 2 Statblocks, and allows you to move one more square horizontally or vertically every round. You can jump a max height of four squares.
Cognition: is the fun part; how well you and your IMSA mesh, and what swanky stuff you can do with it. A score of 0 means you can't create anything, which kinda sucks, but might be a viable strategy. A score of ten means you're going to be pulling table-sized objects out of mid-air, which can be handy, or a pretty swell bazooka out of the ground. Have fun with that. Each point of Cognition costs 4 Statblocks. Cognition requires concentration though, so don't expect to be able to interface with IMSA when you're under attack, attacking, or moving.
Power: is a bit complicated. Bigger things in this high-tech future take energy to run; even some small ones do. If you want those to work for you, you're going to need some juice. Power is generated by a modification to your biochemical structure, allowing your body to put out a raw point charge and keep some energy-hungry devices running. You're going to want this for the goodies. In general terms, Constructs that require power will have better stats for the same amount of Cognition. Each point of Power costs 2 Statblocks.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

The way gameplay will proceed is like this:

Y'all spawn.

Everybody eyes up their foes.

Each player character puts in their actions; building something, moving somewhere, etc. Movement may be conducted prior to attacking, but not in conjunction with creating a Construct. Additionally, only a single type of Construct may be created in a round. Duplicates are cool, but then Cognition is spread across them and all that jazz.

I resolve those actions, assigning wounds, determining the success of Construct creation, yaddayadda.

Everybody puts in more actions, and anon, until a victory is achieved.

Thoughtdeath is played on a two-dimensional map, since making 3D sprites is ghastly, by the by.
Additionally, whether Match 1 will be free for all or team based is up to you. I will be picking teams based on character strengths, so know that if you vote for team based play. I'm looking for six players right now, thanks.

Progression

You get to keep your characters from match to match, funnily enough. For every kill your character makes, you gain 1 Statblock, which I will check. So, better get out there and get slaughtering. Additionally, for every Victory a character has they will receive 1 Cognition worth of Constructs in their immediate vicinity, even if they would not normally be able to create a Construct at all. Said Construct will be determined by IMSA as deemed thematically apropos.

Characters
Given Runner | 0 Kills, 0 Deaths | No Victories, No Losses
Thomas Steele | 0 Kills, 0 Deaths | No Victories, No Losses
David Falconer | 0 Kills, 0 Deaths | No Victories, No Losses
Gerhild Brau | 0 Kills, 0 Deaths | No Victories, No Losses
Rose Vellamo | 0 Kills, 0 Deaths | No Victories, No Losses
Gobbelty | 0 Kills, 0 Deaths | No Victories, No Losses
Silas Church | 0 Kills, 0 Deaths | No Victories, No Losses
Dr. Ivoh Archlight | 0 Kills, 0 Deaths | No Victories, No Losses
Dorian Konicek | 0 Kills, 0 Deaths | No Victories, No Losses
Telum Apocalypsi | 0 Kills, 0 Deaths | No Victories, No Losses
Orik Werender | 0 Kills, 0 Deaths | No Victories, No Losses
Jim Pollors | 0 Kills, 0 Deaths | No Victories, No Losses

Match One - 4v4 - Ongoing
Match Two - 2v2 - Ongoing

Important note on editing IC posts: request clearance to edit actions before you do so from me, the OP, and ensure I've given you a green light before you do edit. This is to prevent metagaming. If no player has posted after your post, you may edit as you see fit.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:52 am, edited 14 times in total.

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:43 am

I doubt it. :p
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Doctor whooves
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Doctor whooves » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:43 am

Yes. Also: Tag.
I am a unique snowflake in a sea of sheeple.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:58 am

Neo Arcad wrote:I doubt it. :p

It'll be better to write for since this includes competition :p
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Doctor whooves
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Doctor whooves » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:11 am

Is ten the max for all of the stats?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:16 am

Doctor whooves wrote:Is ten the max for all of the stats?

Not at all. Any stat can be as low as 0 and has no upper limit. If you want 50 Resilience, knock yourself out. Or 12 Cognition, for that matter.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Doctor whooves
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Doctor whooves » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:18 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Doctor whooves wrote:Is ten the max for all of the stats?

Not at all. Any stat can be as low as 0 and has no upper limit. If you want 50 Resilience, knock yourself out. Or 12 Cognition, for that matter.

Cool beans.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:22 am

Why yes, yes I am interested.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:26 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:Why yes, yes I am interested.

Excellent indeed.

Now apply :P

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012

Postby Pragia » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:30 am

Peg

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:30 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:Why yes, yes I am interested.

Excellent indeed.

Now apply :P

It shalt be cometh.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Doctor whooves
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Doctor whooves » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:34 am

General Information
Name: David Falconer
Sex: Yes please Male
Physical Appearance: Eh.

Character Stats
Attack: 10
Composition: 10
Resilience: 24
Mobility: 1
Cognition: 1
Energy: 0

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:43 am

Doctor whooves wrote:General Information

Character Stats

The stats look good, it'll be interesting to see if anyone can beat that Resilience in the early game.

Question: Do you want the sword and armor on your character? They won't effect his abilities, so his sword will do the same amount of damage as his fists, but I figured of ask for aesthetic reasons.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:46 am

General Information
Name: Thomas Steele
Sex: M
Physical Appearance: somewhat bulky, brown hair, gray eyes

Character Stats 50 total
Attack: 0-0 blocks
Composition: 6-6 blocks
Resilience: 0-0 blocks
Mobility:2-4 blocks
Cognition: 8-32 blocks
Energy: 4-8 blocks
Last edited by Pragia on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor whooves
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Doctor whooves » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:48 am

Doctor whooves wrote:General Information

Character Stats

The stats look good, it'll be interesting to see if anyone can beat that Resilience in the early game.

Question: Do you want the sword and armor on your character? They won't effect his abilities, so his sword will do the same amount of damage as his fists, but I figured of ask for aesthetic reasons.

The sword sounds tempting, but there's something overly manly about fists that you've got to love so I'll probably stick with them. Thanks for the offer though.
Last edited by Doctor whooves on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:49 am

Pragia wrote:General Information

Character Stats 50 total
Attack: 6-6 blocks
Composition: 8-8 blocks
Mobility:4-8 blocks
Cognition: 5-20 blocks

Your totals seem to add up. No Resilience will make for interesting play, but otherwise you look golden. Accepted.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:50 am

Doctor whooves wrote:

The sword sounds tempting, but there's something overly manly about fists that you've got to love so I'll probably stick with them. Thanks for the offer though.

Fair enough. In that case, throughly accepted. Best of luck beating down the foe with fisticuffs.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:52 am

I suppose I probably should've asked first, but what could 5 cognition get me for weapons/armor?

Doctor whooves
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Doctor whooves » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:53 am

Doctor whooves wrote:The sword sounds tempting, but there's something overly manly about fists that you've got to love so I'll probably stick with them. Thanks for the offer though.

Fair enough. In that case, throughly accepted. Best of luck beating down the foe with fisticuffs.

Thanks, I'm trying to go for the extremely manly man approach with this guy.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:02 am

Pragia wrote:I suppose I probably should've asked first, but what could 5 cognition get me for weapons/armor?

That entirely depends on what you want. Say you want a crossbow. Five Cognition works out to:

Crossbow C5: 6 Attack, Regular, Range 8 | Ammo 1, Composition 10

Basically you created a fairly well ranged crossbow, which takes a bit of attacking to destroy, fires a decent distance, and won't just be shrugged off by most. That's a generic Construct though; you can tweak the creation process as you see fit by stating something other than just "I make a crossbow."

If you said, for instance, "I make a rapid-fire crossbow."

Crossbow C5 Rapid: 4 Attack, Rapid 2, Range 6 | Ammo 2, Composition 10.

Different weapons, different capabilities, same Cognition cost.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:04 am

Pragia wrote:I suppose I probably should've asked first, but what could 5 cognition get me for weapons/armor?

That entirely depends on what you want. Say you want a crossbow. Five Cognition works out to:

Basically you created a fairly well ranged crossbow, which takes a bit of attacking to destroy, fires a decent distance, and won't just be shrugged off by most. That's a generic Construct though; you can tweak the creation process as you see fit by stating something other than just "I make a crossbow."

Could I do a little tweaking?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:07 am

Pragia wrote:

Could I do a little tweaking?

You can certainly tweak a weapon after it had been created, like adding range, etc.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:22 am

Pragia wrote:General Information

Character Stats 50 total
Attack: 0-0 blocks
Composition: 6-6 blocks
Mobility:2-4 blocks
Cognition: 8-32 blocks

This will be interesting, accepted once more.

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:34 am

Tag, doing this.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
You can call me TIE. I'm not on much... so telegram me if you need something.
FanT Nation - FT w/o space.
I'm on CA time, so... pacific. UTC -8
I'm bi, not single, and really any pronoun works.
I'll check out RP's if you TG me about them.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:36 am

The Inritus Extraho wrote:Tag, doing this.

Always a pleasure TIE. I created Resilience partially with Given in mind.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse