NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:14 am

Corrian wrote:What was the plan for the next timeskip? Because Terintania and I both have ideas that would probably work best for a timeskip of only a day or 2, but I don't want to tie up the thread too much for the sake of our own things.

And after that I'd be fine with a big time skip, anyway.

I think it might be appropriate with a short timeskip to the day after the current craziness, to tie everything together, before the next big one.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:47 am

That took me an awful long time to type that pathetically small post.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:50 am

I will try to remember to post later.
Times are looking grim these days~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Terintania wrote:I will try to remember to post later.

You're being like me or something :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:41 pm

Corrian wrote:
Terintania wrote:I will try to remember to post later.

You're being like me or something :P

I did say that I would try to remember to post later.

So, I tried, and failed. I forgot.

Even if I did remember, I never said I would actually post. Simply that I would try to remember to post.

*Smart ass mode activated*
Times are looking grim these days~

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:26 pm

http://i.imgur.com/u0BkygO.jpg

You don't choose the Dark Souls life, it chooses you.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:00 pm

Orinon wrote:http://i.imgur.com/u0BkygO.jpg

You don't choose the Dark Souls life, it chooses you.

That's an epic castle.

Also, those games have amazing creature design.
My Last.FM and RYM

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Thu May 01, 2014 9:22 am

Can I assume there are dark monsters in the commons?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu May 01, 2014 10:50 am

Pragia wrote:Can I assume there are dark monsters in the commons?

They are currently pushing back the guards' defensive lines there, yes.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri May 02, 2014 12:46 pm

I'll post later (hopefully). Feel like doing other things right now.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri May 02, 2014 10:27 pm

It's kinda funny that Caitlin was just talking about how she prefers the idea of being in a "Military Academy" than the one Tyler had to deal with before....Yeah, at the moment, she's really finding even more reasons to be glad for the "Military Academy"
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri May 02, 2014 10:56 pm

Corrian wrote:It's kinda funny that Caitlin was just talking about how she prefers the idea of being in a "Military Academy" than the one Tyler had to deal with before....Yeah, at the moment, she's really finding even more reasons to be glad for the "Military Academy"

You found reasons even better than having shoe-strings?
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Fri May 02, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat May 03, 2014 1:42 am

Okay, that "something else" made me too sleepy to focus on posting anymore. I'll get one up in the morning.
My Last.FM and RYM

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun May 04, 2014 4:18 pm

Not sure if I should post or not.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Wed May 07, 2014 5:08 am

I'll post tomorrow. I managed to traumatize myself writing something for my RP Blog on Tumblr.

Says something about the character that it managed to affect me in any way.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed May 07, 2014 8:11 am

Orinon wrote:I'll post tomorrow. I managed to traumatize myself writing something for my RP Blog on Tumblr.

Says something about the character that it managed to affect me in any way.

Sometimes I feel really bad about what I have done to some of my characters (Cassie), and some of the ideas that pop up in my mind in general that I sometimes do and sometime don't do.

Like one idea I thought related to a character that I pondered throwing in this RP at one point, but never did and probably won't. At least until another one of my characters graduates or something. They're from another RP, kinda like Cassandra is.

It's kind of annoying when my mind imagines other RP characters of mine in a different RP, like this one, from where they first were...

...Which is why The Hunger Games RP (Well, pretty much) with me, my sister, and a friend was perfect because we could throw all our favorite characters into a death match :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Glovania
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Glovania » Wed May 07, 2014 11:33 pm

I wonder, how can I help with this situation?
Last edited by Bernard Montgomery, 24 March 1976, eight times in total.

West Aurelia wrote:Three times more Americans have married Kim Kardashian than have died from Ebola. I'm not worried.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu May 08, 2014 1:53 am

My Last.FM and RYM

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 08, 2014 7:43 am

Is this still open?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu May 08, 2014 7:50 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:Is this still open?

Yes

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 08, 2014 8:38 am

Name: Ross Kilian
Nationality: American
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 195 pounds without gear. 220 with all of his gear.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Costume (if any):

Abilities: Photographic Muscle memory and standard memory. Accelerated healing. Expert martial artist. Expert weapons user. High strength and agility (non-super human)
Dorm: Vigilante
Brief Bio: Ross was always fascinated by fighting as a child. However when he was around the age of 16, he began to remember almost everything. On top of that when he played sports with his friends, he often knew what they were going to do and was able to best them without any trouble. He was able to piece together strategies and tactics used by his friends and countered them with ease. Until one day when he was playing football with a very large kid from his school. He wound up with a broken leg. Disappointed that he would not be able to play for a long while he began watching martial artists practice. Even more surprising that he was able to walk within two days of breaking his leg. Then the war came. The vampires invaded. He fought with all of his might. The first few fights were painful. But he quickly saw their tactics, fighting style, and often tricked and used them against the vampires. His father helped him construct a costume that would protect him as well as allow him to use weapons. Armed with a light nigh indestructible broadsword, dual handguns, and various gadgets he was known as a protector. He kept his neighborhood as safe as he could from anything from muggers to vampires. He received his invitation to a school for the highly "gifted." Which surprised him even more that he was encouraged to bring his weapons.
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Thu May 08, 2014 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Thu May 08, 2014 12:09 pm

Orinon wrote:"Being immortal would suck. Having to watch everyone else age and fade away wouldn't be fun," Josh replied instantly. Grace nodded.
"Oh. Yeah I guess that's a point. Man, we are a depressing lot when you think about it," Goltia said. Grace chuckled and nodded.

That would have been fantastic had the anti-Freudian trio been there.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu May 08, 2014 12:17 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Costume (if any):
Abilities: Photographic Muscle memory and standard memory. Accelerated healing. Expert martial artist. Expert weapons user. High strength and agility (non-super human)
Brief Bio: Ross was always fascinated by fighting as a child. However when he was around the age of 16, he began to remember almost everything. On top of that when he played sports with his friends, he often knew what they were going to do and was able to best them without any trouble. He was able to piece together strategies and tactics used by his friends and countered them with ease. Until one day when he was playing football with a very large kid from his school. He wound up with a broken leg. Disappointed that he would not be able to play for a long while he began watching martial artists practice. Even more surprising that he was able to walk within two days of breaking his leg. Then the war came. The vampires invaded. He fought with all of his might. The first few fights were painful. But he quickly saw their tactics, fighting style, and often tricked and used them against the vampires. His father helped him construct a costume that would protect him as well as allow him to use weapons. Armed with a light nigh indestructible broadsword, dual handguns, and various gadgets he was known as a protector. He kept his neighborhood as safe as he could from anything from muggers to vampires. He received his invitation to a school for the highly "gifted." Which surprised him even more that he was encouraged to bring his weapons.

There's really no reason why I wouldn't accept the character, so I will if you want. But perhaps you should consider why the character would attend a school if he's already past high-school age and knows how to fight expertly; Why would he want to go to the Academy if he already knows all that, what would he expect to gain?

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:
Costume (if any):

There's really no reason why I wouldn't accept the character, so I will if you want. But perhaps you should consider why the character would attend a school if he's already past high-school age and knows how to fight expertly; Why would he want to go to the Academy if he already knows all that, what would he expect to gain?

College education?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu May 08, 2014 12:26 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:College education?

The Academy only offers a few classes that would be considered college-level. Its main purpose is to teach the young superhumans how to deal with their powers, so all other education is basically supplementary.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse