NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:55 am

Pondered getting a ferret once but leaned towards rabbits or pigs...

Got neither.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:25 am

Out of curiosity, what is the meaning behind your characters names and where did it originate from? Of course, if you're like me, you don't pay attention to what the meaning of it is or where it originated from before choosing it whatsoever, and are probably scrambling to Wikipedia to figure it out right now, but yeah.

Caitlin is Irish and means "Pure". Not exactly sure that is particularly very fitting for Caitlin...

I can't find anything specific for Cassie, but Cassandra (Commonly shortened to Cassie) is from Greek mythology means "Shining Upon Men". Okay...really not fitting. For either Cassandra or Cassie...

Found this tidbit typing "Cassie Meaning" in Google: "huisache: tropical American thorny shrub or small tree; fragrant yellow flowers used in making perfumery". Okay...I picture Cassie hating perfume...(Which, the smell does suck if you ask me)

On Urban Dictionary, I got for Cassie "Beautiful, but they never admit it. They are very vulnerable, and they fall into peer-pressure often. Sweet, but they can be mean if provoked. Most tend to fall in love with the wrong people, and are very flirtacious. Their laughs are amazing, and they give great hugs." Other than the falling in love with the wrong people and being very flirtatious part, seems freakishly appropriate.

Andrew is Greek and means "Manly and Strong" :rofl: :lol2: , okay, that is probably the best one so far. Though, the word is widely used throughout the world now.

Kira is Russian (I actually looked this one up beforehand), and means "Ruler". Not very appropriate, either. Oh, and now that I look this up, the origins appear to be Greek and Japanese { :eyebrow: }, but seems to be a common Russian name now, or something.

Also, I keep pronouncing her name "K-eye-rah", but apparently it is pronounced "Kee-rah"

Jodelle barely seems to be an existing name. A Wikipedia search comes up with one person: The actress I got the name from, Jodelle Ferland (Also in my creepy picture right now), and who I used for her appearance. She's a Canadian actress, and apparently certainly has a creative name.

Well, it comes up with an erotic comic { :blink: }, and someone with that last name that is like a 1530's poet.

"Thinkbabynames.com" says it is of French origin, and is pronounced "Joh-Dell". Finally, a name I pronounced right!. Can't find any meaning for it. It also isn't even in the top 1000 for most common names in the US
My Last.FM and RYM

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:37 am

Alexi, and Alexiandria, mean warrior or defender of man. Goltia apparently has no meaning according to a quick Google search, and indeed is basically the only name not based on anything. Grace is so obvious I will beat you with a manhole cover if it escapes you. Magenta is... Iffy, considering her name is that of a color. Markus is from that Roman god of war Mars person. Joshua comes from the Bible (duh) and effectively means savior or deliverer.

Interestingly enough, Markus has two pronunciations; MAR-kuws (Ancient Roman, Biblical Latin), MAHR-kəs (English). At last, a way to differentiate the two Markus' in my head.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:41 am

Orinon wrote:Alexi, and Alexiandria, mean warrior or defender of man. Goltia apparently has no meaning according to a quick Google search, and indeed is basically the only name not based on anything. Grace is so obvious I will beat you with a manhole cover if it escapes you. Magenta is... Iffy, considering her name is that of a color. Markus is from that Roman god of war Mars person. Joshua comes from the Bible (duh) and effectively means savior or deliverer.

Interestingly enough, Markus has two pronunciations; MAR-kuws (Ancient Roman, Biblical Latin), MAHR-kəs (English). At last, a way to differentiate the two Markus' in my head.

I checked Urban Dictionary or the hell of it again, and got this for Josh "He is a fun loving guy really funny and can make anyone laugh.He is very quiet at first and seems shy but when you get to know him you will fall in love.He has very good style and always looks handsome.He also always smells really good :)"

Clearly written by a girl with a boyfriend named Josh. I figured it was just silly things written by random people and this just proves it :P

Cassie's still fits well, though...

And strangely I didn't associate Josh with Joshua and the Bible. Probably because I've never read the Bible before, or touched one for that matter.
My Last.FM and RYM

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:45 am

Corrian wrote:
Orinon wrote:Alexi, and Alexiandria, mean warrior or defender of man. Goltia apparently has no meaning according to a quick Google search, and indeed is basically the only name not based on anything. Grace is so obvious I will beat you with a manhole cover if it escapes you. Magenta is... Iffy, considering her name is that of a color. Markus is from that Roman god of war Mars person. Joshua comes from the Bible (duh) and effectively means savior or deliverer.

I checked Urban Dictionary or the hell of it again, and got this for Josh "He is a fun loving guy really funny and can make anyone laugh.He is very quiet at first and seems shy but when you get to know him you will fall in love.He has very good style and always looks handsome.He also always smells really good :)"

Clearly written by a girl with a boyfriend named Josh. I figured it was just silly things written by random people and this just proves it :P

Cassie's still fits well, though...

And strangely I didn't associate Josh with Joshua and the Bible. Probably because I've never read the Bible before, or touched one for that matter.

It does come from the Bible. Joshua was the one who Moses passed leadership of the Jews onto when he shuffled his mortal coil, and he was the one who actually got them to fucking Israel. I think.

Only reason i know this shit is because it's my name and I had to do a massive study on it one year at school.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:52 am

I got Jun from looking up a list of Chinese girls' names. Apparently, it means truthful - a meaning I thought would be suitably ironic given at the time of creating her she was meant to be a power mimic and therefore stealing others abilities with no power of her own. I kept it when I reinvented her as a terrakinetic because I wanted her personality to be grounded, down to earth and other dirt puns which generally suggest an honest and truthful character and so it seemed fitting. Huang is simply the family name of the guide I had when I did a month's tour of China. Apparently it means 'yellow'

Scott Kerr is just a name I came up with ages ago and used with several similar characters. Kerr is a Scottish given name and surname so it fitted the character's background without being a stereotypical Scottish name like "McSumthinoruther" and didn't want to use my own clan name, which would be Cameron. Scott was chosen as a first name because I thought the idea of a Scot named Scott was kind of amusing. It's also a Scottish name (unsurprisingly, although that was unintentional) and means "painted warrior".
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:54 am

Orinon wrote:It does come from the Bible. Joshua was the one who Moses passed leadership of the Jews onto when he shuffled his mortal coil, and he was the one who actually got them to fucking Israel. I think.

Only reason i know this shit is because it's my name and I had to do a massive study on it one year at school.

Seems like it might be fun to look up the history of your own name, though.

So Josh is a bad ass. Seems appropriate :P

My name is Scottish and means "Holly Garden", and is a unisex name. My names Leslie

Funny one of my favorite fictional characters is named Leslie (Leslie Burke from Bridge to Terabithia, who the actress who played her in the movie is who I used for Cassie's appearance). Would be fun to have a friend named that.

"Hey Leslie

"Hey Leslie"

"Want to go play in Terabithia today?

"Hell yeah!"

*Heads into forest in my back yard*
My Last.FM and RYM

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:03 am

My real name is Peter, which means 'rock', although everyone calls me by my middle name which is Christopher (Chris) and means 'Christ-Bearer' after a Christian myth about a saint who carried baby Jesus across the River Jordan. I never actually thought about how much religious baggage is tied to my name until now, although I guess that's going to be the case for any sufficiently old western name and the fact that my parents are both pretty devoutly Christian probably influenced things as well. Apparently if I had been a girl they would have dug into the Old Testament instead and called me Naomi.

My surname (which you're not getting because I prefer to avoid giving out my full name on the internet) can mean 'quarrelsome', 'deceitful' or 'warlike people' - and I'm happy with that.
Last edited by Ularn on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:17 am

So, I started doing last names for the hell of it, too.

Kennington came up with a village in Kent, England, a village south of Oxford, England, a town in New Zealand, and a suburb of a city in Australia...Not very helpful.

Checked Ancestry.com and got "English: habitational name for someone from a place called Kennington in Greater London (formerly in Surrey), Oxfordshire, or Kent. The first two are from the Old English personal name Cena + -ing- (a connective particle denoting association with) + tun ‘farmstead’, ‘settlement’. The place in Kent is named from Old English cyne- ‘royal’ + tun."

Faulkner came up with it being a variant of "Falconer, and is of Medieval origin from Old French. Hey, something useful at least.

Looked up Falconer on Wikipedia and got that it is, also, of Scottish ancestry, and French mix I guess. "the name is derived from the occupational name for a trainer of falcons."

Breckenridge is apparently Scottish, meaning "From Brackening", and originated from "Old Norse". Wow, the character I play the least has the most exciting history so far.

Typed "Ivanova" and got Ivanov. Close enough. Seems to be Bulgarian and Russian. Not surprising. I got advice from a friend for a Russian last name, sooo. And is 2nd most common in Russia and most common in Bulgaria. So creative. Should have dug for a more unique Russian name. Oh well.

"The surname derived from the first name Ivan (equivalent to John, and Ivan"-ov" meaning "John's/Ivan's" making the name effectively equivalent to Johns/Ivans)."

Nothing overly usual on Hodern
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:20 am

Ularn wrote:Huang is simply the family name of the guide I had when I did a month's tour of China.

I wanna tour of a country for a month :(

Cameron.

When I was little, every time I heard this name, my first mental thought was "Why would someone name their child after a camera?"

Oh, the mindset of children...
My Last.FM and RYM

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:04 am

Corrian wrote:
Ularn wrote:Huang is simply the family name of the guide I had when I did a month's tour of China.

I wanna tour of a country for a month :(

http://www.gadventures.com/trips/china- ... ACRG/2014/

This was the package I was on - plus another fortnight or so I Beijing because the tour I had taken through Russia and Mongolia arrived a long time before the next one departed. G Adventures also do shoestring-style tours (and fancier ones) in loads of other countries all around the world and there are other companies doing the same sort of thing as well (Contiki is one I know of off the top of my head) so you can have a shop around.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:18 am

Ularn wrote:
Corrian wrote:I wanna tour of a country for a month :(

http://www.gadventures.com/trips/china- ... ACRG/2014/

This was the package I was on - plus another fortnight or so I Beijing because the tour I had taken through Russia and Mongolia arrived a long time before the next one departed. G Adventures also do shoestring-style tours (and fancier ones) in loads of other countries all around the world and there are other companies doing the same sort of thing as well (Contiki is one I know of off the top of my head) so you can have a shop around.

*Chokes at price tag*

Yeah, I can afford that...in my dreams :P

Thanks for the links, though. Might be good for the future when I DO actually have some money for traveling.

I swear I'm just going to disappear into other countries for like a year someday.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:41 am

F it. I'm posting ONE more app, and THEN I'm actually done adding more characters. 6 is a good milestone. And since Caitlin and Cassie are still my mains while the other 3 are all minor characters, I don't feel so bad about it. And it helps make the school feel more "lively", anyway, with more actual played characters instead of NPC's. And like I said, minor characters, so they're easily ignored half the time.

If I add more, it's after my other characters graduate :P

Name: Cassandra Goldberg
Nationality: Irish, but has lived in America for years. She still has a hint of an Irish accent sometimes when she speaks, but it isn't overly prominent. However, she knows how to do an Irish accent perfectly fine if she actually tries to use it, because it still almost comes naturally to her.
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 133
Eyes: Blue
Appearance:
ImageImageImageImage

Costume (if any): I don't picture her putting much thought into a costume.
Abilities: Enhanced Agility:
Makes her more agile. She can easily dodge peoples attacks at her, move fluently, and so on. Though, and maybe it is just because the powers are new to her, she can't do bad ass things like backflips, jumping off things, and other crazy stuff advanced people in this ability can do

Enhanced Senses:
While there are a lot of various different senses, her enhanced senses are limited. They're restricted to enhanced awareness and enhanced hearing. No enhanced taste, touch, or smell.

Enhanced Swordsmanship:
As mentioned, it improves her swordsmanship. This can help her learn faster, and perfect it faster, but she's still restricted by her own personal strengths, and especially at the moment, her own skill at swordfighting, which is quite lackluster. This one is likely to advance fairly quickly, but not overly so.

Dorm: Vigilante
Brief Bio: Cassandra was born in Ireland, and at the age of 8, she and her family moved to America. This is where her Irish accent began to fade away, becoming less prominent but still existing to an extent. Though, at times she wonders if she should try and train herself to use her Irish accent again, because she finds it to be cooler than sounding American. Her parents were good to her, though they and their daughter didn't technically have this huge bond together or anything. They were close, but not overly so, and they were all perfectly fine with that. She disconnected herself from her parents more once she became a teenager, as well.

As she began to do this, and started doing her own thing, this is where she began to get substance abuse problems. She got in with the wrong sorts of "friends", who aren't much of friends to her anymore, and that got her into drugs, smoking, and drinking. Mostly drugs and smoking, though. The drinking part wasn't as big of an addiction of hers. She hasn't managed to ween herself off of any of the addictions yet, or even really attempted to try. She has a sort of carefree attitude, and thinks it is better to just "Live in the moment" then worry about what might happen to you in the future, so she probably just doesn't even care if she slowly kills herself anyway. Her parents obviously weren't too happy about these addictions, and had been pondering suggesting she go to rehab, but they never got around to it.

Her hobbies consist of constantly listening to music. If you're near her, it is very likely that she will have headphones either on her head, or slung around her neck. While she is open to all different types of music, she mostly finds herself having a love towards metal music, and a lot of the heavier genres of metal at that. Meaning death metal, black metal, and that sort. She physically owns many different albums, and tries her best to keep up to date on the latest talked about black metal and death metal, along with various other things here and there. Her volume on her music is also usually turned up to a ear damaging level, but again, she doesn't really care what she does to herself. She obviously has headphones and a portable music playing device of some sort, too, to be listening to music like this all the time.

She can also play the electric guitar if she wants to, but she's more of a music listener than an actual music player. Doesn't mean she doesn't enjoy picking up an electric guitar here and there and jamming on it, if she has anything to hook it up to that is. She doesn't actually own an electric guitar, though, so her opportunities are rare to actually be able to play, anyway, and will be even more so soon.

She discovered about all of her powers at the same time, except the swordsmanship one, which she still isn't aware of even exists. She had been running away, with her friends, from a group of assholes, and she started to realize how aware she was of her surroundings, which was a bit disorienting at first. Everything sounded so clear, and everything around her that was going on seemed so...noticeable. Along with her feeling like she could run away easier than ever. Realizing that she had developed powers, she told her parents she wanted to go to the school for the Empowered and set off, expecting some problems at the security...

(Yes, I suck at brief bios)
Last edited by Corrian on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:46 am

For some reason while making my character, I imagined Cassandra kicking enemies asses with the power of metal on her electric guitar, blasting people away with the heavy riffs of her epic metal playing...

It's like I've watched Scott Pilgrim Vs The World recently or something...which I haven't. I saw that years ago.

Also, Caitlin is gonna hate Cassandra because she automatically learns sword fighting way faster than herself :P

Caitlin is still going to be bad ass in her own way in the future, though. I kinda like how most of Caitlin doesn't even involve her powers. Most of her badassry will just be natural training hard to get good strength, sword fighting, and so on. Her powers and its evolution over time will just be an add on that helps her be more bad ass.
My Last.FM and RYM

Tzarsgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tzarsgrad » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:23 am

If we're still going through name meanings, I believe that Sofia comes from the Greek for "Wisdom", and Stephen comes from the Greek for "Honour".
"And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains..."
Are you a fan of pen and paper games? Then check out Tortured Earth! Addictive yet simple gameplay, with modules that range from an afternoon to several sessions! Although we're only in the developmental stages, keep in touch for details!

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:52 am

After thinking about what character's full-names would be:

"park keeper" sincerity jeon
tailor courageous "sea warrior"
that one is so ridiculous that I shall save it for last
victorious well-born priest
hunter (many possible meanings depending upon the Kanji used) "he will laugh"
And now, the name that sounds like it is an antagonist of a fantasy adventure:
"crow water" "blessed by Yahweh" "son of wolf/wolfson"

This is good. I like not having any idea what significance these names mean, so any symbolism of naming was purely incidental rather than entirely symbolic or ironic. The only thing that mattered was whether it made sense for a person's given cultural background.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:19 am

Corrian wrote:Nationality: Irish, but has lived in America for years. She still has a hint of an Irish accent sometimes when she speaks, but it isn't overly prominent. However, she knows how to do an Irish accent perfectly fine if she actually tries to use it, because it still almost comes naturally to her.

Hmm, have you considered having Cassandra room with a Plastic Paddy?

Since I find some joy in understanding convoluted family histories, does Cassandra's ancestry have any German in it?
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:24 am

Corrian wrote:Out of curiosity, what is the meaning behind your characters names and where did it originate from? Of course, if you're like me, you don't pay attention to what the meaning of it is or where it originated from before choosing it whatsoever, and are probably scrambling to Wikipedia to figure it out right now, but yeah.

I was initially going to make her the Elizabeth of Russia, but then scrapped that idea. The name just stuck.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Plactianation
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Plactianation » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:15 am

Would it be okay if I said that Jordan had managed to make a fire in an unrealistically short amount of time? Raktio and I can't really do anything until he's finished.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Ularn wrote:I never actually thought about how much religious baggage is tied to my name until now

-Points at self- Gabriel.

Ironically, I'm an atheist.

Anyway, as for the discussion at hand, I don't know where Sarah came from, it just appeared. Not sure what it means, either. I'll look it up later.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:29 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Ularn wrote:I never actually thought about how much religious baggage is tied to my name until now

Anyway, as for the discussion at hand, I don't know where Sarah came from, it just appeared. Not sure what it means, either. I'll look it up later.

Are your parents religious though? I'm an atheist as well - now - but my family was Christian and I had a religious upbringing, hence the names.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:31 pm

Ularn wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:

Are your parents religious though? I'm an atheist as well - now - but my family was Christian and I had a religious upbringing, hence the names.

My mother is religious, yes.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Fraire wrote:
Name: Xavier Von Raven
Nationality: American
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 147 pounds
Hair: dark brown
Eyes: Black
Costume
Abilities: Earth Manipulation
Brief Bio:Xavier belonged to a rich family. He was a fairly quiet and obedient boy. His life was normal, until he was taken away by government scientists when they needed test subjects to test (Wow, I'm saying test a lot) a new type of drug that relieved pain. His parents were devastated. They needed to inject it into him. But when he tried to escape, he got stuck in a strange machine that altered his DNA and gave him these powers. He ran away, living in the woods. But Xavier was soon found by an adoption center and adopted by a fairly normal couple. But when they found out about his powers, they needed to keep them secret and didn't know what to do. They soon enrolled him in this school.
Xavier was born to rich family, but one day he was taken by scientists to be tested on. He tried to escape but had his DNA scrambled by a machine. He ran away and was found by an orphanage, which gave him to a regular family. They found out about his powers and took him to this school.

Fraire wrote:Am I accepted?

Sorry, forgot to post about that. Yes, the character is accepted.

Corrian wrote:
F it. I'm posting ONE more app, and THEN I'm actually done adding more characters. 6 is a good milestone. And since Caitlin and Cassie are still my mains while the other 3 are all minor characters, I don't feel so bad about it. And it helps make the school feel more "lively", anyway, with more actual played characters instead of NPC's. And like I said, minor characters, so they're easily ignored half the time.

If I add more, it's after my other characters graduate :P

Name: Cassandra Goldberg
Nationality: Irish, but has lived in America for years. She still has a hint of an Irish accent sometimes when she speaks, but it isn't overly prominent. However, she knows how to do an Irish accent perfectly fine if she actually tries to use it, because it still almost comes naturally to her.
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 133
Eyes: Blue
Appearance:
Costume (if any): I don't picture her putting much thought into a costume.
Abilities: Enhanced Agility:
Makes her more agile. She can easily dodge peoples attacks at her, move fluently, and so on. Though, and maybe it is just because the powers are new to her, she can't do bad ass things like backflips, jumping off things, and other crazy stuff advanced people in this ability can do

Enhanced Senses:
While there are a lot of various different senses, her enhanced senses are limited. They're restricted to enhanced awareness and enhanced hearing. No enhanced taste, touch, or smell.

Enhanced Swordsmanship:
As mentioned, it improves her swordsmanship. This can help her learn faster, and perfect it faster, but she's still restricted by her own personal strengths, and especially at the moment, her own skill at swordfighting, which is quite lackluster. This one is likely to advance fairly quickly, but not overly so.

Brief Bio: Cassandra was born in Ireland, and at the age of 8, she and her family moved to America. This is where her Irish accent began to fade away, becoming less prominent but still existing to an extent. Though, at times she wonders if she should try and train herself to use her Irish accent again, because she finds it to be cooler than sounding American. Her parents were good to her, though they and their daughter didn't technically have this huge bond together or anything. They were close, but not overly so, and they were all perfectly fine with that. She disconnected herself from her parents more once she became a teenager, as well.

As she began to do this, and started doing her own thing, this is where she began to get substance abuse problems. She got in with the wrong sorts of "friends", who aren't much of friends to her anymore, and that got her into drugs, smoking, and drinking. Mostly drugs and smoking, though. The drinking part wasn't as big of an addiction of hers. She hasn't managed to ween herself off of any of the addictions yet, or even really attempted to try. She has a sort of carefree attitude, and thinks it is better to just "Live in the moment" then worry about what might happen to you in the future, so she probably just doesn't even care if she slowly kills herself anyway. Her parents obviously weren't too happy about these addictions, and had been pondering suggesting she go to rehab, but they never got around to it.

Her hobbies consist of constantly listening to music. If you're near her, it is very likely that she will have headphones either on her head, or slung around her neck. While she is open to all different types of music, she mostly finds herself having a love towards metal music, and a lot of the heavier genres of metal at that. Meaning death metal, black metal, and that sort. She physically owns many different albums, and tries her best to keep up to date on the latest talked about black metal and death metal, along with various other things here and there. Her volume on her music is also usually turned up to a ear damaging level, but again, she doesn't really care what she does to herself. She obviously has headphones and a portable music playing device of some sort, too, to be listening to music like this all the time.

She can also play the electric guitar if she wants to, but she's more of a music listener than an actual music player. Doesn't mean she doesn't enjoy picking up an electric guitar here and there and jamming on it, if she has anything to hook it up to that is. She doesn't actually own an electric guitar, though, so her opportunities are rare to actually be able to play, anyway, and will be even more so soon.

She discovered about all of her powers at the same time, except the swordsmanship one, which she still isn't aware of even exists. She had been running away, with her friends, from a group of assholes, and she started to realize how aware she was of her surroundings, which was a bit disorienting at first. Everything sounded so clear, and everything around her that was going on seemed so...noticeable. Along with her feeling like she could run away easier than ever. Realizing that she had developed powers, she told her parents she wanted to go to the school for the Empowered and set off, expecting some problems at the security...

(Yes, I suck at brief bios)

Accepted.

Plactianation wrote:Would it be okay if I said that Jordan had managed to make a fire in an unrealistically short amount of time? Raktio and I can't really do anything until he's finished.

That would be perfectly fine. Time never flows perfectly logically for characters anyhow, two characters can say two things to each other in the time it takes someone else to walk across the entire school. As long as it doesn't get ludicrous or pushes into actual timeskip territory I don't mind if people have time be somewhat fluid.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:Hmm, have you considered having Cassandra room with a Plastic Paddy?

Since I find some joy in understanding convoluted family histories, does Cassandra's ancestry have any German in it?

I based that part off of the actress I used for Cassandra's appearance. She's Irish, but plays an American girl in a new movie of hers with an American accent. Apparently one of the new movies she's in is like the first time she's actually acted in a movie with her natural accent...Because she's always changing accents. I think she was German in Hanna? Not sure. She was Polish in The Way Back...

*Cough* and she plays a girl that falls in love with her cousin *Cough*

Mighty Asgard wrote:That would be perfectly fine. Time never flows perfectly logically for characters anyhow, two characters can say two things to each other in the time it takes someone else to walk across the entire school. As long as it doesn't get ludicrous or pushes into actual timeskip territory I don't mind if people have time be somewhat fluid.

And my silly mind is always thinking about that when RPing. One of the things I think about the MOST when RPing is things being off time-wise. Like, someone going 100 miles faster than they should. Them hiking 200 miles faster than they should. Flying places faster than they should...My mind is ALWAYS thinking about time being off. But I know that, unless extreme, as you mentioned, it isn't that big of a deal. Doesn't stop my mind from always noticing it, though...

And thanks for the accept!

Ularn wrote:Are your parents religious though? I'm an atheist as well - now - but my family was Christian and I had a religious upbringing, hence the names.

I honestly think the age of the Internet, and easy access to everything on the Internet, be it science news, world news, whatever, is slowly indoctrinating everyone into being Atheist :P Yeah, I made that sound intentionally worse than I meant, but yeah. Because since the Internet age, there seems to be a LOT of Atheists on the Internet. Everyone acts like they're few and far between but it really isn't the case anymore. And I've seen statistics showing that there are more and more non-religious people every year, and the percent that are religious is slowly going away and becoming less and less a majority. I don't know what it is exactly, it just seems like the openness of information on the Internet, and how everything works these days is slowly making people believe in any religion less and less all the time. And like with you two, I know many people who have religious parents but aren't religious themselves, when I'm pretty sure before it was common for the children to be as religious as their parents, and not getting out of it. I dunno.

I'm Atheist, but my parents aren't really religious, either. My dad considers himself Agnostic, and my mom spiritual but not religious. Most of the rest of my family, though, IS religious. Grandparents, cousins, whatever. Though one of my favorite cousins is more of a spiritual guy, and my half brother is Atheist, as well.

I got nothing against people being religious, though I do have problems with society being pushed backwards because of religious views. So in THAT way I'm glad the influence of religion is being less and less, but really, I don't care.

I need to try and play a religious character someday. That's something I've never really been able to pull off right. And the time I did, the guy I played was this crazy religious zealot killing people (And kidnapping children) in the name of "God's word", and I feel kinda bad that I haven't countered that with a tolerant religious person, but oh well...All my characters are like, always Atheist, at least in some regard. Though that topic of religion never really comes up with any of them.

And I'm not trying to start a debate with this, just pointing things out that I wanted to get off of my head that I've noticed lately but never really said anything about.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Anyway, as for the discussion at hand, I don't know where Sarah came from, it just appeared. Not sure what it means, either. I'll look it up later.

It has Hebrew origins (Hebrew Religion, I think), and means " Rabih's Girl ", "Princess", "Essence", and/or "Speckled".

"Sarah (alternatively spelled Sara) is a feminine given name found in many different areas of the world. Frequently, the name refers to Sarah, the wife of Abraham in the Hebrew Bible, the Christian Old Testament, and the Islamic Quran. In Hebrew, it means woman of high rank, often simply translated as "Princess". (In contemporary Israeli Hebrew, "sarah" (שרה) is the word for "woman minister".)"
Last edited by Corrian on Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Corrian wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:Hmm, have you considered having Cassandra room with a Plastic Paddy?

I based that part off of the actress I used for Cassandra's appearance. She's Irish, but plays an American girl in a new movie of hers with an American accent. Apparently one of the new movies she's in is like the first time she's actually acted in a movie with her natural accent...Because she's always changing accents. I think she was German in Hanna? Not sure. She was Polish in The Way Back...

*Cough* and she plays a girl that falls in love with her cousin *Cough*

Mighty Asgard wrote:That would be perfectly fine. Time never flows perfectly logically for characters anyhow, two characters can say two things to each other in the time it takes someone else to walk across the entire school. As long as it doesn't get ludicrous or pushes into actual timeskip territory I don't mind if people have time be somewhat fluid.

And my silly mind is always thinking about that when RPing. One of the things I think about the MOST when RPing is things being off time-wise. Like, someone going 100 miles faster than they should. Them hiking 200 miles faster than they should. Flying places faster than they should...My mind is ALWAYS thinking about time being off. But I know that, unless extreme, as you mentioned, it isn't that big of a deal. Doesn't stop my mind from always noticing it, though...

And thanks for the accept!

Ularn wrote:Are your parents religious though? I'm an atheist as well - now - but my family was Christian and I had a religious upbringing, hence the names.

I honestly think the age of the Internet, and easy access to everything on the Internet, be it science news, world news, whatever, is slowly indoctrinating everyone into being Atheist :P Yeah, I made that sound intentionally worse than I meant, but yeah. Because since the Internet age, there seems to be a LOT of Atheists on the Internet. Everyone acts like they're few and far between but it really isn't the case anymore. And I've seen statistics showing that there are more and more non-religious people every year, and the percent that are religious is slowly going away and becoming less and less a majority. I don't know what it is exactly, it just seems like the openness of information on the Internet, and how everything works these days is slowly making people believe in any religion less and less all the time. And like with you two, I know many people who have religious parents but aren't religious themselves, when I'm pretty sure before it was common for the children to be as religious as their parents, and not getting out of it. I dunno.

I'm Atheist, but my parents aren't really religious, either. My dad considers himself Agnostic, and my mom spiritual but not religious. Most of the rest of my family, though, IS religious. Grandparents, cousins, whatever. Though one of my favorite cousins is more of a spiritual guy, and my half brother is Atheist, as well.

I got nothing against people being religious, though I do have problems with society being pushed backwards because of religious views. So in THAT way I'm glad the influence of religion is being less and less, but really, I don't care.

I need to try and play a religious character someday. That's something I've never really been able to pull off right. And the time I did, the guy I played was this crazy religious zealot killing people (And kidnapping children) in the name of "God's word", and I feel kinda bad that I haven't countered that with a tolerant religious person, but oh well...All my characters are like, always Atheist, at least in some regard. Though that topic of religion never really comes up with any of them.

And I'm not trying to start a debate with this, just pointing things out that I wanted to get off of my head that I've noticed lately but never really said anything about.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Anyway, as for the discussion at hand, I don't know where Sarah came from, it just appeared. Not sure what it means, either. I'll look it up later.

It has Hebrew origins (Hebrew Religion, I think), and means " Rabih's Girl ", "Princess", "Essence", and/or "Speckled".

"Sarah (alternatively spelled Sara) is a feminine given name found in many different areas of the world. Frequently, the name refers to Sarah, the wife of Abraham in the Hebrew Bible, the Christian Old Testament, and the Islamic Quran. In Hebrew, it means woman of high rank, often simply translated as "Princess". (In contemporary Israeli Hebrew, "sarah" (שרה) is the word for "woman minister".)"

Eh, the only religious characters I've ever tried to play, as far as I can remember, were fanatics.

So my character is "the grim princess"? I don't mind this at all. :P

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse