NATION

PASSWORD

The World 1912-1992! (OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dires
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dires » Tue May 28, 2013 7:19 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Mauretania Tingitana wrote:Guerrilla warfare. Think Greek or Irish independence.

Guerrilla warfare requires extensive force multipliers. The smaller number of guerrillas has to be able to effectively wound a larger occupier in order to make insurgency effective; China has very few of those force multipliers. Look at the effectiveness of medieval peasant risings, then look at them again as if the lords and soldiers had machine-guns.

@ Dires: Your nation is the "Qing" to the Tsar because the RoC has barely been around. Colloquially, the Qing are still thought of as the rulers, regardless of how foreign policy makers are aware of the Republic.

So you're going to commit genocide? Even if you do, the fighting won't stop everrrr :P. Also there was a violent revolution, how the hell would anybody think the Qing are still thought to the rulers? I'm pretty sure most people, no matter how far the distance would be aware of the collapse of a thousand years of monarchy, especially a Tsar. And the Qing aren't even Chinese.
Last edited by Dires on Tue May 28, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Role-Plays:

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/400019/

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Dires wrote:
Guerrilla warfare requires extensive force multipliers. The smaller number of guerrillas has to be able to effectively wound a larger occupier in order to make insurgency effective; China has very few of those force multipliers. Look at the effectiveness of medieval peasant risings, then look at them again as if the lords and soldiers had machine-guns.

@ Dires: Your nation is the "Qing" to the Tsar because the RoC has barely been around. Colloquially, the Qing are still thought of as the rulers, regardless of how foreign policy makers are aware of the Republic.

So you're going to commit genocide? Even if you do, the fighting won't stop everrrr :P. Also there was a violent revolution, how the hell would anybody think the Qing are still thought to the rulers? I'm pretty sure most people, no matter how far the distance would be aware of the collapse of a thousand years of monarchy, especially a Tsar. And the Qing aren't even Chinese.

Who said anything about genocide? I sincerely doubt much of the populace will care about losing their government of five years, especially if I use puppet local officials. The only ones who will need to die are the New Army and silly republicans, and all will be well.

You're assuming your average Russian peasant-soldier has even heard of the Qing before he started fighting them. False assumption.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Dires
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dires » Tue May 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Dires wrote:

Who said anything about genocide? I sincerely doubt much of the populace will care about losing their government of five years, especially if I use puppet local officials. The only ones who will need to die are the New Army and silly republicans, and all will be well.

You're assuming your average Russian peasant-soldier has even heard of the Qing before he started fighting them. False assumption.

Didn't know it was from the perspective of the Russian peasant, but if so, he wouldn't know of Qing either lol. You're ignoring history, the only people the Chinese hated more than the Qing were Western Imperialists, they don't care about the type of government, the fact that it is Western in origin is the most galling. In fact, that's the WHOLE REASON behind the Boxer Rebellion. They were even lynching Chinese collaborators. Chinese forums to this day still reference the Opium Wars, they don't forget easily with such a long history.
Last edited by Dires on Tue May 28, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Role-Plays:

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/400019/

Sovjetia
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovjetia » Wed May 29, 2013 1:34 pm

Really tabret is using fake tanks
any questions or comments just tg me!

Join the Empire of Andrew

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Sovjetia wrote:Really tabret is using fake tanks

What?
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Thu May 30, 2013 5:22 am

Sovjetia wrote:Really tabret is using fake tanks

If you want to post here, post things that make sense. Thank you.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse