NATION

PASSWORD

Hell on Wheels- IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Whittington
Senator

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Hell on Wheels- IC

Postby Whittington » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Hell on Wheels

July 28th, 2014
Somewhere near Austin,Texas

"Who would have though we'd be here a year ago ? Then, everything seemed fine, sure the world had it's problems but things always sorted themselves out, we were always able to bounce back from anything that hit us. But not this. Whatever this is, it's unstoppable. There is no cure, no hope, no one to aid us in our time of need. Our fucking allies abandoned us, left us to rot in the sun like some sort of roadkill. As the rest of the world goes on with their lives, we're here, literally trapped like rats. Canada and Mexico closed their borders to us, the Japanese and British Navy patrol the oceans, making sure we stay here, in this hell hole we used to call home. This is no longer the "land of the free, home of the brave." We are far from that. Our country has become nothing but a desolate waste land, the green fields have withered and died, cattle laid down in the dirt and never got up, cities fells while groups of bandits rose to power. There is no democracy, no Army, no law enforcement, nothing, fuck, there's nothing out there to protect us. We are on our own....."

"Jackson...Earth to Jackson." I put down my pen, closed my journal and looked over at a familiar face. Kathrine. Everyday I thank God that he spared her, I don't know what I would do if I had lost her too.

"Sorry baby, was thinkin'." I replied with a half smile.

"Just making sure you're ok Jax. Listen the other's are wondering where we're going. We've been pulled over for over two hours. That's not like you."

I never wanted this responsibility, but I had to help these people, had to see them through this. A few months after the outbreak I came across a few people at an Army depot. We decided it be better to travel in a group rather than fending for ourselves. I don't know why they saw me as some sort of leader, I wasn't that special. Shit I'd be happy as a damn scavenger but I got to take on my current role, and keep my promise.

"I'm alright Kat, jus' thinkin' bout where to go from here. When we we're up in the heli the other day, I spotted this large ranch over yonder, bout 30 miles North. It looked deserted, large compound surrounded by gates. I dunno what's there, but we're low on supplies, and that might be only our bet of gettin us the stuff we need."

Kat ran her hands through my hair, giving it slight scratch. She always knew how to comfort me.

"Well if that's where you think we should go, then let's tell the group. I'm sure they'll be alright with it."

I nodded in reply and gave Kat a soft kiss on her forehead. I stood up, and hopped out of the cab of my truck. The other's were lined up on the road, some were on guard as they should be, others were goofing off, some kids were playing football. We had picked up a few extras along the way, but we never had any problems, they all carried their own weight. Didn't have to worry too much bout safety considering we were armed to the teeth, but soon enough we'd be left with nothing but sticks and stones if we came across more bandits. We had to get a move on, real quick. I stepped onto the roof of my truck, cupped my hand and shouted.

"HEY Y'ALL LISTEN UP NOW YA HEAR."
Last edited by Whittington on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"

Pro-Gay Marriage, Pro-Gun, Pro-Freedom, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Military, Pro Law Enforcement, Patriot. AMERICAN

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:55 pm

The world was damned. The others thought that the plague hadn't reached the rest of the world, that the other militaries had secured the seas, skies, and borders, but they were wrong. Russ knew that the rest of the world had most likely succumbed to the plague that brought down the US, because if the US, a major international hub, would fall, so would the rest of the world. He was a Green Beret, a member of the US Army Special Forces, but now, he was a "Ranger" in one of the many post-apocalyptic convoys that roamed the land. The sun was hot today, and since the convoy had stopped, Russ had taken the opportunity to take off his ACU blouse and tan t shirt, showing off his muscles and various tattoos as he remained in an ACU boonie, his trou, dogtags, Aviators, and boots. His M4 was slung on his back as he sat on the roof of his Land Rover, smoking a cigarette. Soon, the "leader" began to yell for an assembly, and Russ climbed off the hood, making his way over to the F150.
Last edited by Cylarn on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:16 pm

William sat quietly in the cockpit of the Venom of which he was the pilot, the helmet that he'd found located in the rear of the aircraft adorning his head and the visor pulled over his eyee to block the harsh sun. Calloused hands and age that was beginning to show spoke to the man's experience, the coat which he wore over his shoulders, his arms out of the sleeves that hung freely behind him of his courage, at least most thought. He thought of it more as speaking to his sense of duty, willingness to get things done, knowing that people would die.

None of those things would have helped him survive the first days of this scourge that stretched from Atlantic to Pacific, or let him have even expected such a thing. It had all happened quickly, more quickly than he could even begin to conprehend, but the effects were devestating and swift everywhere in the United States. Hardly a thing survived, plant of animal, and those people that did faced a much harsher life. A life of nomads, much like the prairie Natives before them. However, they had no plentiful game, or a fertile land to help them along.

Regardless, it had happened, and the nation had fallen for quieter. That was fine, he enkoyed the leave it offered. It didnt last long however. Seeking refuge at a former military base, which he had figured to be long abandoned, forced him into a meeting with a larger group of survivors. He couldn't leave these people once offered the opportunity to accompany them, rspecially when the aircraft was discovered on base, and he chose to fly it for them. He had hoped, after the war, he wouldn't be back in one over a wasteland, but it was inevitable now.

A shout roused him from his quiet reflection, and he lifted the visor from his eyes to glance around, before standing and shuffling out of the helicopter to answer the call with his presence, crossing his arms as more flooded toward the one that had called them .
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

The Keystone Federation
Senator

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Keystone Federation » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:17 pm

I leaned back in my seat, my mind somehow completely wandering from the fact that world had gone to hell. Surprisingly, this little break was quite peaceful. If I peaked out my window I'd be able to see the kids playing around a school bus a few cars up. I ran my fingers through my hair and then looked down at my necklace, glancing up at the mirror, I took it off, and placed it there. He'd gave it to me, god knows how long ago, I'd lost count of time. Time was useful anymore. I closed my eyes, my hand around the stock of my .308, but a holler interrupted my sleep. Are we moving again? In a way, I prayed that we wouldn't be on the move again, but, in another way, the road was peaceful- as long as we didn't get hit by bandits along the way. Nevertheless, I figured that was the reason for the commotion. I opened up the door of the Land Rover Defender and swung my legs out the side of the door, rubbed my eyes, and then stepped out of the car. My hearing shot to the front of the convoy and I saw Jackson, our de facto leader, with his hands cupped around his mouth.

The Keystone Federation
"Virtue, Liberty, and Independence"
Population: 236.594 Million

"It's never too late to be what you might have been."
When I participate in a roleplay in ii I expect realism, if you attack me with a flying aircraft carrier or a giant robot, I'm probably going to leave.
Currently at War with: Kamchastkia, Bydo

Miyager
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Miyager » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:28 pm

Brett's mind quickly went off on its own, thinking about all the things that happened the past year and what that meant now. His life before the Virus hit had been normal - going well, even. He had been flirting with a girl he had met, he was in training to join the police force, a job which would surely have him living with a nice retirement early on, he had no outstanding problems in his life: to him, those days, for even the problems that they may have occasionally had, were a time of incomparable joy to what he was living in now. That was when he had something, but in little more than a year, he lost everything. Friends, his parents, even the girl he had just got a date with. The fact that he made it out of New York City itself was a miracle, but he liked to write it off as "luck".

Brett had come across the caravan while taking refuge outside Albany, a city ravaged but less so than New York. When he noticed the convoy passing, he quickly ran to greet the members and offered to act as a caravan guard in the last car, a Land Rover Defender, fully equipped with his M4 and all, in exchange for being allowed to join. Since then, he's acted as a loyal caravan guard, though in truth he wishes to just leave the US and get to his sister in Toronto, even if he knows that's not an option.

Brett opened the door of the Land Rover Defender and stepped out, hearing Jackson's yelling voice. He walked a few feet closer then stopped and just looked at him. Obviously, to call out to everyone like this wasn't some random occurrence: there was a reason, probably moving or a new lead for supplies or something. But whatever it was, Brett would listen intently and involve himself in whatever it was.
I'm back I think.

Whittington
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:28 pm

I looked over at Jax as he yelled for the others to come near the truck. Lately it seemed like things were starting to get to him. To everyone else, Jax seemed like a strong, capable leader, and he is, he really is. However over the years we've known each other I've been able to pick up on his mannerisms and I can always tell what is going on behind those steel grey eyes. He doubts himself too much, ever since we lost our families, he's been that way, but he never shows it to the group. He can't have them second guessing his abilities, and they shouldn't, he's done a lot of good for the group, saved lives, always makes sure everyone has what they need.

I love the boy with all my heart, ever since middle school we've had each other's backs. He is the only person left who really knows me, I'm so glad that he wasn't torn away from me like the others. As the other's approached the truck, I let my hair down, brushed it the side and sat on roof of the truck, my hands folded, boots crossed, watching as everyone came to listen to what Jax had to say.
" People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"

Pro-Gay Marriage, Pro-Gun, Pro-Freedom, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Military, Pro Law Enforcement, Patriot. AMERICAN

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Aja Sat on top of the school bus with her legs crossed, staring outwards through her DMR's sniper scope at the barren wasteland which used to be called Texas, scanning for bandits, thieves, marauders and the holy grail. The midday sun beating down on the convoy, the heat was beginning to irritate Aja. "Another day in the wonderful un-united states of the wasteland." she muttered to herself before flipping the lens cover back over the weapon. Slinging it over her shoulder before looking up at the blinding sun, Aja quickly removed her Wayfarer sunglasses which she had picked up not long ago while looting. Aja wandered over the vehicle that she traveling in, passing the children playing and the other group members, walking over to a Land rover defender, she quickly opened the back door and placed her M21 down and quickly removed her M4A1 CCO, cradling it in her hands while she adjusted her old FBI worn baseball cap. Aja was still wearing her old HRT tactical vest, it was growing rather worn and ragged. Under that she donned a tight checkered shirt, a pair of jeans and worn work boots.

As Aja closed the boot door she heard the driver door open, it was Lexi, the one who drove the Land Rover. Aja and she never really got round to talking that much, Aja smiled as she approached her, staring towards the leader. "Hope I didn't wake you." Aja said cheerily. "Wonderful weather eh?" she joked, the constant sun was more trouble that it was worth. "Wonder what's next?" she muttered, watching the appointed leader as he was about an announcement.
Last edited by Galdius on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Alfred was currently perched on the hood of one of the various Vehicles that made up the “Convoy” He now called home. To be specific it was his; The Army supply truck he had “liberated” From a National Guard outpost just outside of Louisville Kentucky a handful of weeks prior. He had gotten into the habit of “Liberating” Things since the outbreak and the subsequent break down of social order. This included far more than his transportation; it included his Weaponry, his Stash of Smokes and even his clothing. His Clothing however was all but ruined from the lack of upkeep or if it wasn't that...Just being constantly being exposed to the harshness of the texas climate.

As he dug into his T-shirt’s front pocket and retrieved a pack of cigarettes he flipped the lid of the carton open and retrieved one of the fine filtered smokes and placed it square between his teeth before bringing a cheap BIC Lighter up to it and igniting it with a singular burst of flame and breathing in the thick and tantalizing aroma of the tobacco.

As he sat perching as he gazed out around him taking in the various other members of the Convoy and their Vehicles he couldn’t but again wonder how he had ended up with this particular bunch of people. He knew little of the others and that was fine with him but he knew his chances of survival and thriving in this new world would be best suited if he remained with others he could trust.

But the thing was he couldn’t trust these people; He had seen how some had deluded themselves with hopes of Normalcy once the outbreak had occurred; He had seen what had followed such belief; violent and brutal deaths at the hands of those willing to do whatever it took to survive and he would do whatever it took to ensure his own survival and thus he viewed the optimistic members of the group with no little amount of barely concealed contempt.

He let out an exhale of grayish smoke through his nostrils as he gripped the shoulder holster now dangling from his shirt and gazed at the weapon contained within; He couldn’t help but chuckle slightly with Amusement had the world not gone to Hell he doubted he would have ever been as brazen to carry a weapon in plain sight especially considering that he was now a convicted felon within the United States.

He thought back to the early days; The days when people were dropping dead in the street from the plague and looters and survivalists were killing the few that remained and as odd as it was he actually missed his time in Leavenworth as bad as the prison had been at least it was ordered most of the time even if that security was kept up through force…The New world lacked any sort of Order.

But in truth he favored this Chaos he thrived in it; Although out his Life he had failed to meet one societal norm after another. Now there was no society, Now there was nothing standing in his way to reach out and claim whatever it was he happened to fancy at the moment.

However his thoughts were interrupted a moment later when he heard the now familiar barking of their “Leader” His eyes rolled at the very notion of a man commanding him but never the less more out of Habit then actual respect he flicked his cigarette to the asphalt of the roadway and slid off the Truck’s Hood and hit the road with a thud as his work boots connected with the asphalt he glanced in the direction of Jackson.

“You finally got a destination Jackson?” The Former Inmate and now Guard in the Convoy Questioned.

He carefully reached for and retrieved his remington express 870 tactical Shotgun and his G-3 Battle Rifle Swayed slightly on his back in it's Make Shift Harness.
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:39 pm

"If you have a destination, just lend me the Chief, the Venom, and the other Rangers, and we'll go do some recon b'fore y'all move in," Russ said. "We'll need to verify that the location is secure first though, along with the route."

Due to his miltiary background, Russ was the Ranger Team Leader, and Aja was his second-in-command. Qualified in Airborne, Air Assault, Pathfinder, and Mountain Warfare operations, Russ had more training and combat experience than any other Ranger in the convoy, which made him a natural choice for leader, especially after he tracked down the missing scav party and then tracked down the convoy.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

The Keystone Federation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Keystone Federation » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Lexi never was one for socializing, the only real relationship she had was with her dad and who she refers as "him". She'd lost her entire family in the mess a few years back, it'd all gone so quick that she just didn't have time to adjust. It damaged her mentally and socially and she really didn't understand how the others got by. When she first joined the convoy she'd been cutting her wrists, but being around people calmed her, made her feel more relaxed.

I shielded my eyes from the hot sun that was beaming down on the convoy, but as I'd put my hand up Aja beat me too it. Blocking the light with her shadow. I looked up at her with a slight smile on my face, "No, no, it's fine." she paused, looking up at the sky. "Wonderful weather eh?" she heard Aja joke, I chuckled lightly, looking back into the Rover and grabbing a bottle of water bottle from the console. I took a gulp of it and rested the cap on the lid, looking at a label to a company that didn't even exist anymore. These were the little things that really got into your head when your out here in the wasteland, but I tried my best to ignore it. "Wonder what's next?" I heard Aja mutter to no one in particular. I just returned it with a nod and another gulp of water, before placing the bottle back into the Rover.

The Keystone Federation

When I participate in a roleplay in ii I expect realism, if you attack me with a flying aircraft carrier or a giant robot, I'm probably going to leave.

Whittington
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:50 pm

One most of the group had gathered around the truck, Jax was able to relay his new plan to the group.

"Alright, y'all listen up real good now..." Jax began. His southern accent was very noticeable, through the years people thought he was some sort of simpleton just cause of the way he talked, but he was much brighter than most. " The other day when I was up in the air, I spotted a ranch bout 35 miles North of where we are right now.It's a real big place, seems to be a main house, 2 barns, a few small silos and it's a ways from the main road.There's no sense in us goin' back to Austin for supplies, we don't wanna lose any more people. Our best best is too press forward to that ranch, see if we can get us some proper equipment, hopefully some food too. We'll head that way, but stop 5 miles out, from there the Rangers an myself will go check things out, make sure it's safe for everbody. Alright now, let's get a move on, we ain't got all day."

I stepped down from the truck and called the Rangers over to discuss the plan while Kat helped the others loaded up.
Last edited by Whittington on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Whittington wrote:One most of the group had gathered around the truck, Jax was able to relay his new plan to the group.

"Alright, y'all listen up real good now..." Jax began. His southern accent was very noticeable, through the years people thought he was some sort of simpleton just cause of the way he talked, but he was much brighter than most. " The other day when I was up in the air, I spotted a ranch bout 35 miles North of where we are right now.It's a real big place, seems to be a main house, 2 barns, a few small silos and it's a ways from the main road.There's no sense in us goin' back to Austin for supplies, we don't wanna lose any more people. Our best best is too press forward to that ranch, see if we can get us some proper equipment, hopefully some food too. We'll head that way, but stop 5 miles out, from there the Rangers an myself will go check things out, make sure it's safe for everbody. Alright now, let's get a move on, we ain't got all day."

I stepped down from the truck and called the Rangers over to discuss the plan while Kat helped the others loaded up.

Russ listened to Jax talk about the ranch, and it would sound like a good place to hole up for a bit. When Jax called over the Rangers, Russ was the first one over to him.

"I'm trained in Air Assault operations," Russ said. "I can lead this operation if you want me to."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:58 pm

William nodded as the man relayed his plan. It seemed simple enough, move to the ranch and settle in for a while. Perhaps it wasn't such an easy thing though, many other people could have had the same idea, and if so e already did then things could get difficult, if they were hostile or just insecure. Regardless, he jogged back to his chopper and climbed in, pulling his visor over his eyes once more as he prepared all necessary systems for flight, much more complicated since his days in Vietnam, although the other things had changed little. He sat with rotors spinning and dust flying about, lifting into the air slightly whike the others prepared for departure.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Whittington
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:03 pm

Cylarn wrote:"I'm trained in Air Assault operations," Russ said. "I can lead this operation if you want me to."

"Ya know I trust ya Russ. You'll be leading this." Jax said with a slight smile. Russ reminded Jax of his older brother Daxton, the way he carried himself, the way he talked, hell they even looked similar to an extent. Jax held a lot of respect for Russ, especially for trusting a youngin like him to "lead" the group. " Alright guys listen up. When Chief and I were in the air we got a pretty good lay out of the area. In the center is this stately looking house, two stories, with a porch on the second story to the rear. About 50 yards to the east of it looks like the main farm building, with a smaller barn just a couple yards from that. I'd say we get through the main barn before we take on the house. I didn't see any signs of life, and from what I can tell there were no cars. What do y'all think ?"

As Jackson talked with the Rangers, Kathrine made sure the kids were in the buses and went to one of the supply trucks to get herself and Jax so some bottles of water.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Alfred Spat to the side in disgust truly they were reduced to this? Pillaging the Remainders of a most likely already picked over ranch.
He scowled and wiped the sweat away from his brow as he let out a barely audible sigh as he approached Jackson before nodding in assent. It was true they needed supplies and possibly a berth if such a thing could truly occur in the world.

"One Question." He stated quickly his accent while had degraded in his multiple years of speaking english had never truely disapeared.

He shifted slightly on his feet he always felt this way when the convoy was on the move; The Flood of Adrenal and the rush of emotions; It was Delicious. He had tried Heroin Years before but that drug had nothing upon the surge of chemicals his own body produced. No wonder some soldiers just seemed to enjoy their jobs he thought with a smirk.

He pressed the smooth metal of his tactical shotgun against his shoulder as he gazed at the scorching sun; Texas had been hot before the outbreak but now the entire State just felt like Hell.

“What about the Rest of the Convoy Jackson? Should we just jam our thumbs up our ass while you and the rangers go play commando?” He said with obvious contempt he performed his duties well and while he lacked the Military training of some of the group he viewed himself as more useful than just a law ornament.

He removed his hip flash and downed a quick gulp of water; that was another resource they were rapidly running out of if memory served.

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:07 pm

After watching Jax relay the information to everyone, Owen knew he wasn't going to be going anywhere since he didn't have the firearm skills that the rangers had. That was okay, it also meant he was safe from harm and could always stick his beloved bus, which he nicknamed "Goliath", and had spray-painted on the side. He knew how to fire a pistol, in theory, but he had never fired the Beretta he stole from the National Guard Outpost outside of Chicago.

Owen had hoped that his service there would allow the National Guard to keep the infection rates down in Chicago, but that was for naught, and after he saw the selfish actions of his comrades he took the Beretta and ditched the Base once the infection hit there. He did have a Baseball Bat, which he filled with nails, so he possessed a very intimidating Baseball Bat, even if it wasn't worth a gun. He also knew several forms of Martial Arts, having studied them in his free time as a Car designer.

Cars, they were Owen's favorite thing to talk about and do. After going to college, he tried to start a normal life by working for Toyota's American Branch, but he didn't stay there long when the infection hit. After his stint with the National Guard, he found an abandoned school, with a school bus in the parking lot. Jury-rigging it, he had upgraded it and picked up a few stragglers on the road, a family of four, two women, and one man. He had upgraded the bus even before meeting the convoy, but when he ran into them on the roads, he was eager to join with more people.

Ever since then, he had been the go-to-guy for all the land vehicles, although he didn't even want to touch the chopper, for fear of damaging it. He went pack to upgrading the front of the bus, he was adding a big shovel, to make ramming more effective against other vehicles and debris.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Ezekiel was doing what he always did when they were pulled over. Sleeping in the back of his particular mode of transport, an ambulance he had christened "The Zeke Mobile".

"Great, Mr. Leader Man is at it again. Big mouthed piece of hick annoyance."

Rolling over, he opened one of the compartments in the back, Pulling out a brown bottle, he gave it a good shake.

"Great. Almost out of fucking morphine. This shit is the only reason I haven't lost my fucking mind yet."
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Whittington
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:13 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:Alfred Spat to the side in disgust truly they were reduced to this? Pillaging the Remainders of a most likely already picked over ranch.
He scowled and wiped the sweat away from his brow as he let out a barely audible sigh as he approached Jackson before nodding in assent. It was true they needed supplies and possibly a berth if such a thing could truly occur in the world.

"One Question." He stated quickly his accent while had degraded in his multiple years of speaking english had never truely disapeared.

He shifted slightly on his feet he always felt this way when the convoy was on the move; The Flood of Adrenal and the rush of emotions; It was Delicious. He had tried Heroin Years before but that drug had nothing upon the surge of chemicals his own body produced. No wonder some soldiers just seemed to enjoy their jobs he thought with a smirk.

He pressed the smooth metal of his tactical shotgun against his shoulder as he gazed at the scorching sun; Texas had been hot before the outbreak but now the entire State just felt like Hell.

“What about the Rest of the Convoy Jackson? Should we just jam our thumbs up our ass while you and the rangers go play commando?” He said with obvious contempt he performed his duties well and while he lacked the Military training of some of the group he viewed himself as more useful than just a law ornament.

He removed his hip flash and downed a quick gulp of water; that was another resource they were rapidly running out of if memory served.

"Of course not. You and Kat, plus the rest of the guards will be near by. I want you guys to sit tight while we check things out. I can't jus' pull the convoy into the ranch, we don't have a damn clue what's out there. For all we knows there's mines, traps and all sorts of bullshit put in place just to knock all of us on our asses. We'll do our part, and you guys do you part. That how it works, always has, always will. Once we clear the grounds I'll radio you and you guys can come on down, take a dip in the fucking pond and call it a night."

The Keystone Federation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Keystone Federation » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:19 pm

I listened to Jackson contently, despite the fact that my eyes would tend to want to rest every once in awhile. I took a big yawn and heard him tell us to load up, people ran back to their cars and I did the same. Opening the driver side door I turned the key- the gas was balanced right in the center, thank god -the A/C works, but barely, I thought I'd be generous and turn it on to cool the car down for the others. Once more I glanced at the necklace I'd hung on the mirror, than focusing on the mirror itself- me. I brushed my hair behind my ear and turned the key to ignition. The engine turned on with a growl and I watched as the others helped with loading up the buses. To make room for Aja or Brett, whoever came first, I moved my .308 to my left side, tucked between my feet and the door. Unconsciously I opened the glove compartment where my Glock was, I don't know if I just thought I'd lost it, or if I was checking on it to see if it needed anything for the trip. Either way, I closed the compartment reassuringly and adjusted the knife around my hip, last time I'd sat on it, we went over a bump in the road and, you know the rest. I sat, leaning back in my seat waiting for Brett and Aja to get here.

The Keystone Federation

SSTxReaper
Minister

Founded: Nov 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SSTxReaper » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:26 pm

"Move,move,move!!!!!" The drill instructor yelled at Akio. Akio quickly got onto the ground and crawled underneath the barb wire. Making it across Akio began to climb a rope wall and began to daze out.

Akio woke up from his little dream and looked around. He heard the leader calling for them for a meeting and so he went over to him. After that he need him and the other rangers for another letting, but this time it was about the mission. He listen carefully to the details making mental notes.
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."-J. Robert Oppenheimer

"Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war."-Donald Trump

"Leadership cannot really be taught. It can only be learned."-Harold S. Geneen

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards "-Albert Einstein

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:27 pm

Alfred sighed he knew the procedure he was just sick of it.

He hoped he wouldn’t be present for the day the Rangers didn’t return; It wouldn’t do to have himself drawn into a warzone.

“Right Jackson You’re the Boss.” The Guard said wearily as he lifted his flask up again and drained another gulp as he put it down on his hip and marched away back towards his Supply Truck.

He walked around the supply truck before hopping up into the bed of the truck and marching forward to inspect the various Crates and Barrels that were stowed within; From Munitions to Rations his Truck carried the load of the convoy what they had done before he had arrived with his Vehicle he didn’t want to know.

Of course their stores weren’t endless, far from it hence why he could understand the concerns of Jackson if they ran dry on the road or wandered into a trap the result was the same; It was death. After checking the stores and sighing at the rare pathetic status of it he climbed out of the bed and hit the asphalt once more with a thud as his work boots impacted roughly into it.

He had to get ready for when the Convoy was to move out and he couldn’t do that staring at the pathetic amount of supplies they had managed to scrape up. He opened the Passenger door of the Supply Truck and Toss his Tactical Shotgun into the seat before undoing his Battle Rifle and Placing it next to the shotgun; While they were within reach the sheer lack of space within the cab made going for them and using the weapons a nightmare.

If enemies were that close his Glock or as he patted his Belt his Butterfly knife were much better alternatives.

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Owen overheard Jex tell everyone to load up in the convoys. Owen stopped working on the shovel and tossed the supplies he was working on it with in the other Supply Bus, then he went inside, putting his baseball bat closely to side, making sure it won't roll if things get a little wild. He also made sure his Beretta was still in the glove compartment, and after checking everything, opened the school bus door and allowed most of the people of the convoy into the bus, a lot of them the few children they had, and then a couple of women and men. The Goliath was a people mover, so most of the people in the convoy travelled in The Goliath, something that made him feel a little pride.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Once the meeting was over, Russ looked at his Rangers and motioned to the bird. Before boarding, however, he returned to his Land Rover and threw on his ACU blouse and t shirt, along with his ACU chest rig and shemagh before heading back over to the bird, climbing inside. He sat in the right doorway, cradling his M4. This was a fairly common tactic employed by troops in unarmored helicopters, so that they could engage ground targets from the safety of the bird.

"Get in the doorways, and watch the ground," he said. "Chief, how much rope we got?"
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Whittington
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:45 pm

The convoy got a move heading down the road towards the ranch. Once the convoy got close enough, Jax had them pull the side, leaving Kat in charge as acting leader. He quickly changed out of his clothes into some tactical gear, as Kat gabbed his weapon and tactical bag. Kat ordered everyone to stay in their vehicles until further notice as Jax led the Rangers to the chopper.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:51 pm

William glanced over at one of the rangers as he asked about the amount of rope on board. He hasn't taken an exact inventory on it, but there was plenty enough to get them to the ground with a length left over. He shouted over the sound of the chopper in reply. "Plenty, we can get your men down and then some, no worries!" he confirmed, nodding.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse