NATION

PASSWORD

Islanders at War (WW1 character RP) IC.

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
St Lucoa
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Islanders at War (WW1 character RP) IC.

Postby St Lucoa » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:36 am

The year is 1918, the world has been plunged in to the greatest war that man has ever seen. Armies from all over the world have pledged their allegiance to either the Triple Entente or the Central Powers. The tiny Caribbean island of St. Lucoa was no acception. The mighty British Empire spanned all corners of the world and St. Lucoa was part of it. St. Lucoa pledged it full support to Britian. As soon as war broke out, the St. Lucoans and the British worked together to build a small army for the island of St. Lucoa. The Royal Regiment of St. Lucoa was born. The men were trained and in 1916 they were shipped over to France to see action.

Now, in 1918, the Regiment continues to accept volunteers from the tiny Caribbean island, you will take control of an islander who is in the Royal Regiment of St. Lucoa. He will be trained and shipped over to France to be involved in the Second Battle of The Somme.

OOC:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=203624&p=11225162#p11225162

St. Lucoa 1918
Private Edward Jackson.

Today was the day. The day that Edward would finally complete his training. A crowd had gathered at the army training centre and barracks to see the men graduate. Friends and family would be proud to see their young men serve their country and Britain. The Colonel called out the names of the men that had completed their training and with that the ceremony was over. The men were allowed one day to spend time with their family before they were shipped over to France.

For Edward, the war was just another adventure. He had read the papers and they had said the war would be over in a matter of days. He thought he would never see any combat, in fact he hoped he would see some action, just so he could say he had done his bit in the war. The day spent with his family went fast and first thing the next morning he was onboard a ship bound for France.

The voyage seemed to last forever and Edward was only half way to France, he sat on his bunk and thought about home and war. It was an interesting combonation. He hoped that the war would not end before he reached France. He also heard that the Royal Regiment Of St. Lucoa would be involved in a big push. A push that may end the war even sooner that the papers had predicted.
Last edited by St Lucoa on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clint Eastwood: "Dobermans, a guard tower and a wire fence."
Richard Burton: "Fences can be cut or climbed Lieutenant."

St.Lucoa is a series of small Caribbean islands and is also a British Over-seas Territory.
RP population is 70,000 and it's millitary size is just 4,000.
FACTBOOK http://www.nationstates.net/nation=st_l ... 4139Leader

Royal Britannia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Royal Britannia » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Corporal Ernest Smith

As he marched past the cheering crowd, Ernest Smith felt an air of expectation rested on his soldiers. He was leaving to fight for the empire he and his fellow islanders loved so much, in a war that everyone had expected to be over sooner. Whilst he knew the empire must have been desperate to call on the islanders to assist them in Europe, he felt pride in knowing that soon, he would be fighting shoulder to shoulder with not only his compatriots, but his fellow British Empire soldiers.

On the boat over to France, Ernest paced the deck, dressed in his full military uniform, helmet slung over his back. Whilst some soldiers looked sick with fear, most were battle ready and eager to serve. The young Private Jackson was no exception. As Ernest went below deck for the first time of the voyage, he spied Edward on his bunk in a lonely room.

"I say old boy, why are you not on deck? we're nearing the continent now!"
Last edited by Royal Britannia on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King William III
Prime Minister- The Right Honourable Terry Smith
Foreign Minister- The Right Honourable Lisa Tebbit
Chancellor of the Exchequer: The Right Honourable Sir Arthur Dyche

Embassy Programme

RP Population: 54.3 million
Standing army: 1.2 million

Champions of Friendly Cup 3
Halifax Cup (Rugby Union)

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Private Edward Jackson.

Edward was superised to see the Corporal, he had last seen him when they were training together. Edward replied,

"Nearing the continent? Good God the time has flew by. Thankyou for letting me know my friends. Just let me gather my belonging and I shall join you on deck. Goodbye"

With that Edward gathered his things, it was'nt much, just a few books and items of clothing and most importantly his helmet. He quickly done up his buttons, he would'nt want to look bad infrom of the British Tommy in France. Soon he had gathered everything, he put the things in his bag and went up on deck, where he again met up with the Corporal.

"Sir, do you think we'll see any action. Do you think they've started the big push without us?"

Sectretly Edward was worried that the war would be over before he could get in to it.

St.Lucoa is a series of small Caribbean islands and is also a British Over-seas Territory.

Royal Britannia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Royal Britannia » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Corporal Ernest Smith

"I bloody know we'll see some action over there, old chap. All the lads on this boat are just itching to get at the Hun, and what would any charge be without the Royal Regiment of St. Lucoa?" Ernest laughed a cynical laugh, before leaning out onto the deck railing, overlooking the ocean. Surveying the sea, he spotted a smallish landmass ahead. Singling it out with his finger, he looked back to Edward.

"You see that, Jackson," he said, fixing his sight to where his finger pointed, "that's Ireland. We're incredibly close now, old chap!"
King William III

Embassy Programme

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Private Edward Jackson.

Edward knew the Corporal was right, he was itching to get at the Huns. He knew Ireland was very close to France, not long to go now. The anticipation was mounting below the decks, the men were getting impatient. Their day usually consisted of playing card, smoking and writing letters. In a few days that would all change, as they would be attacking the German positions in France. Edward had never left his island before, so to see Ireland was something new.

"Well it won't be long to go now Corporal. I suppose we will be sent straight to the British lines when we get there. Can.....can I ask you a question sir? Do you ever think that......that some of us won't see home again?"

Edward knew this was a forbidden subject, but he thought he should bring it up when he and the Corporal were alone, besides maybe the Corporal could reassure him.

Royal Britannia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Royal Britannia » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Corporal Ernest Smith

Ernest looked slightly dismayed at the talk of death on the frontline. He knew it was a real possibility, perhaps even a certainty, that one would get shot and at least wounded when they landed. However, he remembered the British trait of stiff upper lip, and looked at Edward with a stern face.

"Now Private, talk like that won't be tolerated in this regiment," he spoke softly yet with a firm tone, "you know the risks out there, and I won't lie to you, it'll be bloody dangerous. However, we've got God on our side. We're fighting for the largest empire on earth now, old chap. Get your sense of patriotism, and get ready to fight some Hun!"
King William III

Embassy Programme

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Private Edward Jackson.

"S...sorry Sir. I won't mention it again. It was wrong of me to talk about that."

Edward was angry at himself for bring up such a taboo subject. A few hours had passed, they had passed Britain and were docking in a French Port. The Port was bustling with life, the gangways were lowered and the men walked off on tho Frence soil. No sooner had they arrived the men were being ushered on to a train. Edward sat in the train, he knew that this was a one way trip. The journey would end when they reaached the British front line. He knew he would be operating near the River Somme area. It looked like the big push would involve the St. Lucoans.

The front line was nothing like what Edward had immagined. There was no-one singing patriotic songs, there was no-one in a shinny clean uniform. The men already stationed there were dirty, low on morale and eager to get going. Edward and his regiment were ushered in to their trench, he made himself at home, as best as he could. But it would only be temporary, as the big push would be happening in a few days time.

The men had their first views of the British front line and it was nothing like what they thought it would be.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Charles got of the train with his comrades a went to the frontline. What he say was tired men and trenches that went miles and miles. "Well looks like this will be my new home. He noted the dirty uniforms and sad looks on the soldiers face when he was ushered into to the trench.

He sate a comfortable spot and waited for his first orders. He started whistling a happy tune. He wondered how long this war of going to last.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:02 am

Private Edward Jackson.

Edward soon made himself at home, as best as he could in the trench. The messengers had said the attack was scheduled August 21st, the plan was for the men to advance along side the British and respond to the German Spring Offencive. The men of the Royal Regiment of St. lucoa would go over the top in the afternoon, their objectives were to take and hold a small ridge near the town of Arras. The men were prepared.

Edward knew that in two days time, he and his friends would be advancing, possibly in to machine gun fire or even artillery. He was scared, he was'nt letting anyone else know that, but he was honest with himself. He was terrified. The day had been long and Edward closed his eyes, knowing that when he would awake, it would only be one more day before he would advance.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Captain, J. R. Hay.

Hay had finally gotten setteled in the Command Bunker, he'd even set up a neat little shelf above his bunk in the far right corner of the room, upon it he lay out some personal effects, a picture of his Dog, a few books and a large blade with, "Gott uns alle retten" carved into it's side, which is "God Save Us All in German." He's sitting in his bunk when he hears the news that some fresh troops have arrived from his home land, of course he'd only been here for a few hours himself, but he still classed them as new guys, as he felt a few hours was enough to get the jist of what life would be like here. He pushes himself up and exits the bunker through the small gas-sheet, emerging into the thin network of trenches. He takes in a deep breath, as he stomps through the mud of the trenches, before finally tripping over one of Private Edward's legs, nearly falling into the mud, but bracing himself on the sides, barely keeping on his feet.

Jack, clearly not amused kicks Edward's sleeping body in the shin, saying, "Having a nice nap?"

Royal Britannia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Royal Britannia » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Corporal Ernest Smith

Spotting Captain Hay, Smith approached him down the long stretch of the trench. He had been meaning to find a more senior officer, however with time running out before darkness would once again overshadow the battlefield, Ernest grabbed his opportunity.

"Ah, Corporal, Sir," Ernest started, "I was wondering what you knew of the exact plan of attack regarding the regiment? I hear we are to go over the top within the week, sir?"
King William III

Embassy Programme

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Private Edward Jackson.

Edward was awoken by Captain Hay tripping over his legs. At first he thought it was one of the men playing a practical joke on him, he was about to tell them where to go, but he stopped himself. And a good job too, as he opened his bleary eyes to see the Corporal and Captain Hay talking. Edward thought about saying sorry, but he thought it would be best if he let the Corporal and the Captain have their little chat. Edward had been in France no longer than a day and already he had managed to make a mistake.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Charles stopped whistling and got up. He walked though the trench and said hello to everyone and talked trying to make friends. He must of had gone though the enter side of his trench when he got to Edward. He sat down on a chair and spook in a friendly tone "Hello lads my names Charles Decker farmboy how are you today." He brought his hand for a hand shake
― Fred Rogers

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Royal Britannia wrote:Corporal Ernest Smith

Spotting Captain Hay, Smith approached him down the long stretch of the trench. He had been meaning to find a more senior officer, however with time running out before darkness would once again overshadow the battlefield, Ernest grabbed his opportunity.

"Ah, Corporal, Sir," Ernest started, "I was wondering what you knew of the exact plan of attack regarding the regiment? I hear we are to go over the top within the week, sir?"

"Corporal.." Hay Begins, sighing slightly, "I'm sorry, but the plan of attack is to be kept on a need-to-know basis, so you will be given information as it becomes relevent."

Hay's arm then darts out, a finger pointed in Edward's direction as he says, "And don't think I haven't forgotten about you Private. May I ask, is this your designated time for your rest? As in, has your commanding officer authorized this little nap break? Hm..?" A grin comes over his face as he tilts his head in Edward's direction.

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Edward was about to shake Charles' hand when he heard the captains voice. Edward stood up to attention,

"sir, I am very sorry for any inconvenience I have caused. I have just came from my island and well..... On the boat it is very hard to get some sleep, so I thought maybe I could get 40 winks. I am sorry sir"

Edward had made an honest mistake. Charles was beside him, but Edward did not dare move from his attention position.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:56 pm

St Lucoa wrote:Edward was about to shake Charles' hand when he heard the captains voice. Edward stood up to attention,

"sir, I am very sorry for any inconvenience I have caused. I have just came from my island and well..... On the boat it is very hard to get some sleep, so I thought maybe I could get 40 winks. I am sorry sir"

Edward had made an honest mistake. Charles was beside him, but Edward did not dare move from his attention position.

Hay gives a sharp nod saying, "I'm going to let you off this time Corporal, because I know what the first day is like, but if it happens again, there will be strict punishments, understood?" With this Hay's attention diverts to Charles, his eyebrow raises as he reacts with confussion to the man's introduction, he then says loudly, "Bucko, that is NOT how you address a superior officer, from now on you shall begin a conversation with me with the word, SIR. And as if that wasn't bad enough Private Latrine, you're name is not 'Charles Decker Farmboy' from now on your name is Private Decker, do I make myself clear? By God.." Jack's head shakes side to side as he lowers his head, clearly not impressed by the fresh batch of troops that have arrived..

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:24 am

Private Edward Jackson.

Edward thought he was lucky to have been let off by the Captain, he turned off and marched away. He tried to get as far away from the man as possible, it was clear he was'nt impressed with Edward or some of the other men. It would be best if Edward just let it blow over and wait a few hours before he approtched the Captain again to say sorry.

He had heard the Captain and the Corporal talking about how information concerning the attack was classified, Edward knew that it was now a waiting game. How long would he need to wait until he saw some action? A day or a month. He just wished the Captain would tell his men when he knew.

In the meantime, Edward did not dare to go back to the spot where he had his incident with the Captain, instead he found a quiet spot and looked at and cleaned his rifle. Surely he could'nt mess that up.

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:44 am

corporal Andy roger's

Andy took a seat next to the man who was cleaning his rifle that looked around his age, he was waiting to get on the line, he feared that by the time they got there the Fritz would have fallen back before they even got there, he rubbed his hands up and down the wooden part of the bolt action rifle "lovely morning to be killing Fritz eh" Andy then began to check his lee Enfield over for any signs of dirt, once he was satisfied with it, he turned to the other soldier "so whats you're name chap, mines Andy, Andy roger's!" he gave a friendly smile then turned to start cleaning his other equipment.
Last edited by Galdius on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:34 am

Private Edward Jackson.

Edward turned to see a man his age.

"How do you do? My name is Edward Jackson. Do you any news about when we are scheduled to attack Fritz?"

Edward was nervous, any information on the coming battle would be useful. He was happy to have met someone his own age and someone that looked like he was a respectable young man. Together Edward and Andy checked and cleaned their Enfields.

"By the way Andy, watch out for the Captain, he seems to have it in for me."

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:51 am

St Lucoa wrote:Private Edward Jackson.

Edward turned to see a man his age.

"How do you do? My name is Edward Jackson. Do you any news about when we are scheduled to attack Fritz?"

Edward was nervous, any information on the coming battle would be useful. He was happy to have met someone his own age and someone that looked like he was a respectable young man. Together Edward and Andy checked and cleaned their Enfields.

"By the way Andy, watch out for the Captain, he seems to have it in for me."

"Haven't got a clue, hopefully soon, l can't wait to stick it to the Fritz" Andy could hear the sound of explosions from the front line, he turned back to Edward "that is the sound of us smashing the barbaric Fritz back to hell!" Andy began singing under his breath.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:57 am

"Sorry sir" Charles said with slight sarcasm. He somewhat jumped when the explosion hit a look toward where it hit. "You know this could be pretty good farmland if there wasn't a war going on" Charles said Looking at the field of dead trees and caters. he looked for any movement just in case the Germans had any ideas.
― Fred Rogers

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:10 am

Hay just shook his head, as Charles replied before saying, "I'll be in the Command bunker finishing the talks with the other Officers about the plan of attack. I'll give you the word when it's time to move up to the front trench, where we'll rally with the other battalions and push up and give Fritz a nice little show of affection."

With this Hay troops off up the trench, his feet being caught in the deep mud every so often, it was a bit of a struggle getting to the Command Bunker, but eventually he did make it, as he pushes the gas sheet aside and enters the small hollow, it becomes obvious the others have just finished up, the only information they pass on is that there will be a wave of shelling before the St. Luca troops move up, along side the 38th Highlanders. The officers didn't lie to Hay, of course, and told him up front that we should expect heavy casualties, as it will be a day time assault, beginning at 13 Hundred hours. Hay made his concerns about a day time assault clear, but he was told that was the plan and it wasn't going to change, with this he exited the bunker, a clear look of anger on his face, he begins to move up the trench when he comes across, Andy and Edwards, his head turns to them as he says, "Corporal, Private." This is followed by a heavy sigh and, "I've recently recieved news that we will be moving down to the Front Trench at 09:00, where we prepare with the 38th Highlanders for an offensive against Fritz. Sadly, the actual attack itself will be at 13:00, so our little friends in the Enemy trench will see us coming, and have no problem firing at us, I know it sounds grim lads, but we'll make it. Anyways, pass on the word, I don't want anyone standing around with no clue as to where he's ment to be."

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:23 am

Private Edward Jackson.

Edward was scared of this man. He had just been talking about the Captain to Charles and now he had appeared from no where. But still Edward was thanfull toward the Captain as he had taken the time to tell them this information. Edward turned to the Captain,

"Well, thankyou for letting us know sir. I know we'll make it. Me and Charles will stick together......s.....sorry about earlier on Sir. I won't happen again."

Well it was settled, they would be moving soon. It conforted Edward to know that he would be advancing with the Highlanders, as they had a fierce reputation. He had time to prepare, for what would be difficult days ahead. Edward left and told the other boys in his company and also told them to pass on the word.
Last edited by St Lucoa on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Imperius
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Imperius » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:11 am

Governor General Sebastian Kitchner

I look over the land scape from my balcony. To the east i see mountains rise high into the heavens, To the west the clear, turquoise sea went off into the sunset. Then overhead flew the newly formed RAF. There horrendous growl broke the perfect bliss of the islands and was further exagerated by the drone of the vast engines of the Naval ships in Port less than a mile away. War was not confined to the battlefield but effect peoples of all settings i thought. Then through the Georgian doors to my office stormed a dozen poorly dressed soldiers followed by Admiral George Peyton of the fleet,

"Good Day Sebastian. As you probably know i recieved a telegram from his Majesty this morning,"

I kept my gaze on the Horizon, trying to seem uninterested by this display currently taking place behing me

"The Telegram was one of your demotion from post of Governor of the Anhk-Durnik Island Chain."

He said this with satisfaction as i struggled to not let these words break through. I couldnt withhold my thoughts as i turned on my heals to face the Admiral,

"I cannot say i am surprised Peyton. For 30 years now i have withheld this post and island from the bruteful might of the Empire and now it seems i am to be swept aside. I can tell you now that this shall not take place. You can send my best wishes to the king along with a rejected letter of Resignation. Now leave my presence and island at once before i must set my private Milita upon you all."

Peyton left with the flare of anger in his Eyes.

Amastice
Attaché

Founded: Jul 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Amastice » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:27 am

Pfc. Gorgú Santana
Santana walked around the ship, desperate for a bigger moving room, on his shoulder was the usual St. Lucoan Flag but he had covered over the British Flag on it with some more of the St. Lucoan flag, he saw Edward on the ship and decided to talk to him.

"Hello, How are you doing?" Said Gorgú
Last edited by Amastice on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse