NATION

PASSWORD

The Wild, Wild, Wild West(OOC/Signups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Boriem
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

The Wild, Wild, Wild West(OOC/Signups)

Postby Boriem » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:03 pm

The Wild, Wild, Wild West

Hello there everyone! I am Boriem, and welcome to my third ever attempt to start an RP!

THE BASIS: Well, you basically RP as an Outlaw/Sheriff/Cattleman, etc. in the American West circa 1859. If you participate in this RP note that real historical events will still occur.

THE BACKSTORY: Just read a history book- after all, it IS the American Wild West. Also, it's advisable to use period accurate weapons.

THE TWIST: All characters will have an archetype or two associated to them. For example, your character might be a http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WindmillCrusader. Use the site I just linked to find Archetypes, if you wish.

THE RULES: Just don't be an A-hole.

THE APPLICATION:
Nationstates Name:
Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Weapons:(Please give a description of each, or link to a wikipedia page on those weapons. State any potential modifications your character may have made as well.)
Bio:
How often will you be able to post?:
RP Example(Not particularly necessary.):

THE IMPORTANT LINKS SECTION?:
IC

THE OP/CO-OPS:
Boriem = OP
The Blazing Aura = Co-OP
Last edited by Boriem on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Boriem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:55 pm

My Application/Example App:

Nationstates Name: Boriem
Name: George McIntyre
Archetype(s): Windmill Crusader, Monster
Personality: Violent, destructive and uncaring for the emotions and happiness of others.
Appearance:

Weapons:(Please give a description of each, or link to a wikipedia page on those weapons. State any potential modifications your character may have made as well.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_1851_Navy_Revolver , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_revolving_rifle
Bio: George McIntyre was born to a cattle family making their living in Florida. Hard times fell on them following his father's death and George turned to crime in order to feed his family. After one of his attempts to steal cattle results in the raping and death of his entire family he went mad and fled west, leaving a trail of blood in his wake.
How often will you be able to post?: Daily, obviously.
Last edited by Boriem on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:55 pm

I thank you for ruining my life by putting a link to Tvtropes in your OP. anyway, it looks interesting, I'll have to find an Acrchetype but.

Nationstates Name: The Blazing Aura
Name: Dante Black
Archetype(s):http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WarriorTherapist
Personality: Cares for the innocent, doesn't give two sods about anyone else.
Appearance: http://extra.listverse.com/amazon/antihero/noname.jpg
Weapons: Tomahawk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_(axe) 2 Smith and Wesson model 3's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson_Model_1
Bio: Half-native Dante's family was split from his birth, not knowing his mother who had died during child birth, Dante was raised by his dad who was a farmer. being raised with a strong sense of justice from his dad Dante snapped when he was 18, when he saw his dad (though drunk) abusing a couple of people from the local town, although he didn't kill his dad he left, stealing the best horse they had, most of the money and a Tomahawk that Dante had apparently been given by his mothers father at birth. fleeing the town Dante sworn to protect others. As Dante grew up a cowboy he found it easy to work out what was wrong with a cow and found that he could it wasn't hard to translate that onto a person.
How often will you be able to post?: at the moment every day, bear in mind though I'm GMT
RP Example(Not particularly necessary.): I think you know me.
Last edited by The Blazing Aura on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

Boriem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:06 pm

The Blazing Aura wrote:I thank you for ruining my life by putting a link to Tvtropes in your OP. anyway, it looks interesting, I'll have to find an Acrchetype but.

Nationstates Name: The Blazing Aura
Name: Dante Black
Archetype(s):[url=warrior therapist]http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WarriorTherapist[/url]
Personality: Cares for the innocent, doesn't give two sods about anyone else.
Appearance: http://extra.listverse.com/amazon/antihero/noname.jpg
Weapons: Tomahawk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_(axe) 2 Smith and Wesson model 3's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson_Model_1
Bio: Half-native Dante's family was split from his birth, not knowing his mother who had died during child birth, Dante was raised by his dad who was a farmer. being raised with a strong sense of justice from his dad Dante snapped when he was 18, when he saw his dad (though drunk) abusing a couple of people from the local town, although he didn't kill his dad he left, stealing the best horse they had, most of the money and a Tomahawk that Dante had apparently been given by his mothers father at birth. fleeing the town Dante sworn to protect others. As Dante grew up a cowboy he found it easy to work out what was wrong with a cow and found that he could it wasn't hard to translate that onto a person.
How often will you be able to post?: at the moment every day, bear in mind though I'm GMT
RP Example(Not particularly necessary.): I think you know me.

Accepted!

West-Dimonia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby West-Dimonia » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Sure, I'd like a go at this. And yep, you've ruined another life here with that link. I hope you're proud of yourself, sir.

Nationstates Name: West-Dimonia
Name: Joseph James 'Joe' Degroot
Archetype(s): Knight in Sour Armor
Personality: Highly intelligent but very cynical. Mostly concerned with himself but will do the right thing if absolutely necessary.
Appearance:

Weapons:(Please give a description of each, or link to a wikipedia page on those weapons. State any potential modifications your character may have made as well.)
Whitworth Rifle (scroll down), 33 inch barrel. One of the most accurate rifles available in 1859.
Colt 1851 Navy

Bio: Joe was raised in St Louis, the only child of two poor fourth-generation Dutch immigrants. His father died of tuberculosis during Joe's youth, forcing Joe to take care of his mother from a very early age, meaning no childhood. Joe enlisted in the army at age 18, and during training, exceeded in intelligence and sharpshooting skills. He was promoted to lieutenant during the Mexican-American War, where he served under an increasingly cruel captain. Atrocities committed by this captain and witnessed by Joe during the subsequent guerilla war against the Jicarilla Apache made him leave the army in 1855. Upon returning to St Louis, he found out his mother had drowned in the Mississippi (or at least that was the official story). All this hardship has turned Joe into a cynic, but he still has a deeply buried moral sense.

How often will you be able to post?: Often during the first few weeks, I'll leave on holiday mid-september and won't return for a while.
RP Example(Not particularly necessary.): I've done some RPing but nothing like this.
Last edited by West-Dimonia on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Politcal compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.12 / Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.33
How Progressive Are You?: 306/400 (extremely progressive)
Politcaltest.net: Results

Gotter des Krieges
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gotter des Krieges » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:07 am

Tagged (will post when I'm not on an iPhone).

Boriem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:07 pm

West-Dimonia wrote:Blah

Acceptamundo!

Uraeli
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Uraeli » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Where in the Wild West will this be held?
Why us nice guys are best.
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97
Foreign Policy - Non-Interventionism: -6.72
Culture- Cultural liberal: -4.48

The Original Anti-American American

Boriem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Uraeli wrote:Where in the Wild West will this be held?

Probably all over the west.

Gotter des Krieges
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gotter des Krieges » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Nationstates Name: Gotter Des Krieges (GDK)

Name: William Callahan

Archetype(s):Vigilante Man (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VigilanteMan)

Personality: Distrustful of those he doesn't know. He becomes overprotective of any child or woman he comes across. Will stop at nothing to accomplish his goals.

Appearance:

Weapons: 2 Colt 1851 Navy Revolvers, 2 Colt 1848 baby dragoons 12.5" bowie knife- it has extreme sentimental value: it is engraved with the name of his deceased wife and son.

Bio: (I'm going to make this short, I intend on making my first delve deep into his past) William has always been ostracized by society, even as a young child. Born to a whore and having an outlaw for a father, he was cruely rejected by everyone except his loving mother. His mother attempted to escape prostitution and asked William's father for money, William's father shot her right in front of him. He vowed vengeance, and studied under one of the great gunfighters of the time. He finally dealt with his father and intended on beginning his normal life, away from the violence of his past. But violence followed him, and claimed the lives of both his son and wife. Now he is a drifter, moving from town to town, trying to run from violence, but it always seems to find him.

How often will you be able to post?: I can post everyday. The only difficult times are Mondays and Wednesdays, as I have EMT class.

RP Example(Not particularly necessary.):Can supply if necessary.
Last edited by Gotter des Krieges on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boriem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:52 pm

Gotter des Krieges wrote:Stuff.

Hmm... Let me think... Accepted!

Gotter des Krieges
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gotter des Krieges » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Awesome. This is my first RP in a long time, so I'm pumped!

Bojikami
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

How.is.this?

Postby Bojikami » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:04 pm

Nationstates Name: Bojikami
Name: Antonio Rodriguez
Archetype(s): Made of Evil, Classic Villan.
Personality: Rowdy, A bit insane
Appearance: Tall, Mexican, wears a black coat and hat
Weapons: A silver Revolver http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Dragoon_Revolver
a rifle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Long_Rifle
Bio: After coming from a Mexican cartel he arrived.in town on his horse, and since then he was an evil man, a theif, a killer. He has a criminal record in the state of Nevada for several train-jackings. And in Idaho for nearly murdering an entire town.
How often will you be able to post?: Usually a lot.
PictureImage
Last edited by Bojikami on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Be gay, do crime.
23 year old nonbinary trans woman(She/They), also I'm a Marxist-Leninist.
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.33

Boriem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Bojikami wrote:Nationstates Name: Bojikami
Name: Antonio Rodriguez
Archetype(s): Outlaw
Personality: Rowdy, A bit insane
Appearance: Tall, Mexican, wears a black coat and hat
Weapons: A silver Revolver, a double barreled shotgun
Bio: After coming from a Mexican cartel he arrived.in town on his horse, and since then he was an evil man, a theif, a killer.
How often will you be able to post?: Usually a lot.

Alright, first off, I need an actual archetype, second, I prefer an image, third, more of a bio, fourth, give me links to the weapons.

Zutendaal
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zutendaal » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:59 am

NS name: zutendaal
name:Landon Ricketts
archtype:if you played red dead redemption,you'll know him, http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Landon_Ricketts
personality : he just started his adventures and although he is talented with his revolver,he already thinks he's the best gunslinger in the world.
weapons: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Dragoon_Revolver
Bio:Grew up in a gang of bandits,his father being the leader.when he first went with them robbing a bank,he saw the violence against innocent people .that night he took his fathers mustang and revolver and rode away as fast as he could.
i'm able to post every day( maybe even more)

Boriem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:39 am

Bojikami wrote:Blurg.

Alright, give me EXACT weapons that he uses. For example, the most popular revolver in 1859 would be either the Colt Dragoon or the Colt Navy 1851. I think there's a Colt Army from 1853 as well. Also, if you can, change the picture, since it's effectively the same as my guy looks- Actually, never mind, I'll change mine.

Zutendaal wrote:Glurg.

Uhh... I've never thought I'd say this, but...

DENIED.

Zutendaal
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zutendaal » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:54 am

why exactly? I can change the things you don't like
Last edited by Zutendaal on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

West-Dimonia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby West-Dimonia » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:30 am

Boriem wrote:
Uraeli wrote:Where in the Wild West will this be held?

The West was kinda big... Might be a good idea to specify the location a bit more, otherwise the chances of our characters ever running into each other are small indeed.
Politcal compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.12 / Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.33
How Progressive Are You?: 306/400 (extremely progressive)
Politcaltest.net: Results

Sulamalik
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:51 am

Nationstates Name: Sulamalik
Name: Krenshaw Mackenzie "The Delaware Bastard"
Archetype(s): The Complete Monster,
Personality: Prone to bouts of extreme violence and anger. Incredibly mentally unstable.
Appearance:

Weapons: Two massive Colt Single Action Army's, which he fires in tandem. A Martini-Henry breach loaded shotgun is slung across his chest. He carries a jackknife and pilers for removing teeth.
Bio: "The Delaware Bastard" was actually born and raised in Baltimore, the cause of his name comes from him saying: "No one wants to be from Baltimore, people from Baltimore don't want to be from Baltimore." Mackenzie had an impressive dental business going around, unlike most other dentist's Krenshaw made his living showing off the teeth of the many peoples of the earth. Opposed to the mainstream Craniometry science, he believed that it was the teeth which determined a ethic groups intelligence level. When a sceptical professor voiced his outrage at his finding at Yale Universality, Krenshaw slit his throat and began to harvest his teeth, fleeing before the police could arrive. From then on, he has been on the run on charges of capitol murder, saiting his damning teeth fetish with a killing spree from Maine to California.
How often will you be able to post?: Frequently.
RP Example(Not particularly necessary.): http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=193636
Last edited by Sulamalik on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Freiheit Reich wrote:"Economically disadvantaged and angry urban youth music."
Is that a nicer and more modern term to use?

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:33 am

Hey guys, as a tip (and something i did) try to get the Archetypes from the TVtropes website, they have quite an extensive list.
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

Boriem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:14 pm

West-Dimonia wrote:
Boriem wrote:

The West was kinda big... Might be a good idea to specify the location a bit more, otherwise the chances of our characters ever running into each other are small indeed.

Well, I suppose we'll start at some famous wild west town(Maybe, say, Agua Fria?) and then run around Arizona/New Mexico. It's what most people think of the Wild West as anyways.

Bojikami and Sulamalik are in if they add archetypes that are listed on TVTropes to their app.
Last edited by Boriem on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bojikami
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikami » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:43 pm

I edited my App.
Be gay, do crime.
23 year old nonbinary trans woman(She/They), also I'm a Marxist-Leninist.
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.33

Boriem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Bojikami wrote:I edited my App.

"Evil Warrior" is not only an oxymoron, but it just plain isn't an archetype.

Sulamalik
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Boriem wrote:
West-Dimonia wrote:

Well, I suppose we'll start at some famous wild west town(Maybe, say, Agua Fria?) and then run around Arizona/New Mexico. It's what most people think of the Wild West as anyways.

Bojikami and Sulamalik are in if they add archetypes that are listed on TVTropes to their app.

The overman and Devil are legitimate archtypes, are they not?
Last edited by Sulamalik on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freiheit Reich wrote:"Economically disadvantaged and angry urban youth music."
Is that a nicer and more modern term to use?

Boriem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Sulamalik wrote:
Boriem wrote:

The overman and Devil are legitimate archtypes, are they not?

But for our purposes we only use ones noted by TVTropes.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse