NATION

PASSWORD

Doctor Who- I Think We Took A Wrong Turn... (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Doctor Who- I Think We Took A Wrong Turn... (IC)

Postby AETEN II » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:59 am

"THAT IS A BIG SHIP!" The Doctor shouted with voice that revealed a burning fire of curiosity within his mind that was deamanding he investigated the epic fight between a small red and white ship being chased by a triangular grey ship that was over a kilometer long. Never mind the fact that they had just fallen through the Rift in Cardiff and had entered and alternate universe. There was a big ship and it was shooting lasers. This demanded a closer look and crafty flying. The energy from those laser turrets on the grey ship was around that of a Dalek ship and those potentially damage the TARDIS. But it was a big ship and it was shooting lasers and they were in an alternate universe with no local way to get out. Good enough reason to pull an immelman in space. So he grabbed a lever and pulled down on it, causing them to pull and immelman and definitely grab the attention of that big grey triangular ship shooting lasers at the smaller red and white ship (what'd that poor thing ever do to get so much attention?).
A spinning blue box could then be seen from the bridge on the Imperial II-Class Star Destroyer, dancing around the lasers being fired at it from a turret that was turned on it (best way to welcome an extra-universal being for sure). Then the TARDIS pulled an immelman and flew up in the air (still spinning, it always spinned) before leveling a few hundred feet above its previous position. Then the TARDIS launched itself as the bridge of the Star Destroyer and pulled up just before it crashed. Knowing that he likely had their attention, the Doctor phased the TARDIS into the red and white ship and parked the TARDIS.

"Giant ships shooter lasers at each other with little fighters flying out the hangar of the big ship, you know what alternate dimension we fell into Rhona (I just love that name Rhona, R-hona. Rh-ona. How do you pronounce it anyway)? STAR TREK! We're in an alternate universe/dimension that out of all the random possibilities, TURNED INTO STAR TREK! STAR TREK! I love Star Trek, so optimistic yet still so violent. Your sense of optimism is weird." The Doctor said as he then snapped his fingers and opened the door to the TARDIS, revealing a squad of Rebel soldiers being gunned down by Stormtroopers.
"Oh, so the grey ship is Borg?" The Doctor asked as he then snapped the door shut and quickly locked it.
"I don't remember the Borg having laser guns, but it is an alternate universe. So things could be kinda sorta different. But really, Borg? Lasers? Hm." The Time Lord said as he then drummed his fingers on his chin, thinking about why the Borg would have lasers.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:45 pm

AETEN II wrote:([url=http://i.imgur.com/Azevq.jpg]Image)[/url]

"THAT IS A BIG SHIP!" The Doctor shouted with voice that revealed a burning fire of curiosity within his mind that was deamanding he investigated the epic fight between a small red and white ship being chased by a triangular grey ship that was over a kilometer long. Never mind the fact that they had just fallen through the Rift in Cardiff and had entered and alternate universe. There was a big ship and it was shooting lasers. This demanded a closer look and crafty flying. The energy from those laser turrets on the grey ship was around that of a Dalek ship and those potentially damage the TARDIS. But it was a big ship and it was shooting lasers and they were in an alternate universe with no local way to get out. Good enough reason to pull an immelman in space. So he grabbed a lever and pulled down on it, causing them to pull and immelman and definitely grab the attention of that big grey triangular ship shooting lasers at the smaller red and white ship (what'd that poor thing ever do to get so much attention?).
A spinning blue box could then be seen from the bridge on the Imperial II-Class Star Destroyer, dancing around the lasers being fired at it from a turret that was turned on it (best way to welcome an extra-universal being for sure). Then the TARDIS pulled an immelman and flew up in the air (still spinning, it always spinned) before leveling a few hundred feet above its previous position. Then the TARDIS launched itself as the bridge of the Star Destroyer and pulled up just before it crashed. Knowing that he likely had their attention, the Doctor phased the TARDIS into the red and white ship and parked the TARDIS.

"Giant ships shooter lasers at each other with little fighters flying out the hangar of the big ship, you know what alternate dimension we fell into Rhona (I just love that name Rhona, R-hona. Rh-ona. How do you pronounce it anyway)? STAR TREK! We're in an alternate universe/dimension that out of all the random possibilities, TURNED INTO STAR TREK! STAR TREK! I love Star Trek, so optimistic yet still so violent. Your sense of optimism is weird." The Doctor said as he then snapped his fingers and opened the door to the TARDIS, revealing a squad of Rebel soldiers being gunned down by Stormtroopers.
"Oh, so the grey ship is Borg?" The Doctor asked as he then snapped the door shut and quickly locked it.
"I don't remember the Borg having laser guns, but it is an alternate universe. So things could be kinda sorta different. But really, Borg? Lasers? Hm." The Time Lord said as he then drummed his fingers on his chin, thinking about why the Borg would have lasers.

There are exactly three ways you can get killed by calling a ship Borg

Said ship might be filled with guards that you have alerted by loudly proclaiming that said guards are robots. The ship may also be inhabited by Cybermen who do not appreciate being compared to idiotic human science fiction (which shall be removed posthaste).

Finally, that ship might belong to Darth Vader. Somehow, the Doctor had managed to end up with the third one.

In a haze of smoke and blaster fire, the Tantive IV (said red and white ship that the Doctor seemingly loved so much) suddenly found itself occupied by a few new passengers; namely, Vader and a group of his stormtroopers. Vader was a giant, standing at about six and a half feet and weighing just under three hundred pounds. Despite his extraordinary weight, he looked trim and fit. This may have had something to do with the fact that Vader's actual physical form was impossible to see; his entire body was sheathed in an armor of nightmares. It was blacker than the soul of the Master and was made of some unknown plastic/rubber material that seemed to draw in light and imprison it for eternity. He wore metallic boots that shined with a polished care, along with a distinctive helmet made of the same material. His gut was choked in a tight belt with a piece of gray metal extending down Vader's groin and onto the other side. A large panel protruded from his chest with various rectangular buttons emblazoned onto them. Their purpose was unknown and likely entirely useless in abating the emanating terror which tore at the souls of any who opposed Vader. A billowing cape fluttered behind him (mounted on silver shoulder-pads), causing him to appear much larger than he truly was. That was insanely difficult to do. He was not a man nor a droid. He was a story. A dark fable. A piece of propaganda engineered by the Empire to keep the populace in line.

For a story, he was rather cross.

Vader and his troops thundered through the Rebel ship, the Stormtroopers easily picking off the foolish Rebels who dared to stand in Vader's way. They ripped their way into a hallway that lead towards Vader's goal, the smoke of explosions growing and following them like a dutiful pet. The door to the hall slid slowly open and Vader could taste his success.

"Bring me the plans and the Princess," he said in deep and authoritative tones tinged by heavy and labored breathing, "The rest shall not be spared."

The monstrous creature marched into the hall, cloaked in smog with his cape whipping dramatically behind him, foreshadowing the grim fate of his foes. He was followed dutifully by his soldiers, who fired wildly into the hall. They were not trying to kill anyone yet, they were simply doing it for the effects. Besides, proper aiming in this environment would be impossible.

Vader pushed through the screaming Rebel troops and settled upon his target; the Captain Antilles. He waved his hand in the air, causing Antilles' gun to fly from his hand, and grabbed the Rebel by his throat. He lifted the Captain into the air.

"Where are the plans?" he demanded. Suddenly, in the corner of his eye (if he even had those), Vader noticed a large blue box resting in the hall. Furthermore, he saw a gibbering madman running about in front of it.

"Destroy them," he ordered his soldiers, "but spare the box. I saw it outside the Destroyer. It seems to be a ship."
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:17 pm

The streets of Mos Eisley were always bristling with people, honest moisture farmers, eager droid salesmen and the occasional food merchant that was trying to spy on his competition. These hard working individuals were only a small part of the crowd, since most of them were stranger, people coming from all four corners of the galaxy to this isolated planet, no doubt trying not to be found or actually trying to find someone. It was strange that even through the planet of Tatooine was widely know as one of the preferred hideout spots for criminals and smugglers alike, people were still drawn to it like moths to a flame. The problem was, with the Empire stretching their reach further across the galaxy, that this flame had been replaced by a UV Bug zapper; and it had lethal efficiency. Enemies of the Empire soon found themselves at the receiving end of a blaster rifle, but even with most of the planet under their control, there were crevices where the filth of society could still hide.

That's where I come in.

"Hold it, man! I...I'll double your pay!" The shivering Twi'lek stammered, his harlequin skin nearly turning white in fear. Sitting on his knees, he begged for his life, but the man standing before him remained silent, not a single word to reassure him.

"I'll be merciful, Dale. I'll give you a quick end."

The sharp sound of blaster shots echoed throughout the room. The Twi'lek was dead, his cold lifeless eyes staring at his killer as the man holstered his blaster. By going to Tatooine, these people made things significantly easier for him, since there wasn't any law enforcement here to care about someone shooting another person in the middle of a day in an urban area. There was a chance that a few friends would try to cross his assassin, but nobody would cross Boba Fett. Kneeling next to his latest kill, rearranged the corpse in a better position and lifted it up, letting out a brief grunt as the full weight of his bounty now rested on his shoulders. Being a bounty hunter involved a heavy burden, and carrying your kill was definitely not a walk in the park. For starters, people always look at you.

Pushing aside the curtain that served as the residence's door, Fett gripped the body with his other arm and made his way onto the streets. A few people looked up, but quickly averted their eyes. They knew who he was, what he was good at; he wasn't to be trifled with. His footsteps were much louder than before, no surprise with all this dead weight. Maybe he should take a break before turning in his bounty, get some R&R. Many people thought that he didn't do anything else but hunt people, shoot blasters and bathe in money, but the truth was that he was a man like everybody else. Well, he was the clone of a man, a mandalorian no less, but still a man. Maybe he had a little more wealth than the average citizen, but in order to stay ahead and keep his head he need to have something on the side, in case he needed it. Your regular pedestrian didn't need a stash of funds in case some disgruntled rival came after him, although on Tatooine quite a few people actually did.

Heh, maybe he'd check if there was a podrace going on today. Betting was a bad habit, but he could afford it. Everybody needed a little pleasure aside from work. Not many people enjoyed their job, but Boba certainly did. Investing money was just that little extra that made it all the more sweet.

The spaceport, the only way out of Tatooine in a radius of several hundred miles, if not more. That's where his ship stood, and that's where he had to be. Passing a crowds of arrivals, Fett turned into a corridor and pressed a small metal button to open a durasteel door, revealing his ship sitting quietly in an open landing bay. It took some acrobatics to press the button on his wrist that opened the hatch, considering he still had that body to account for, but eventually he managed to find it and the hatch opened up. Slave I was an oldie, but much more reliable than most. It offered a significant amount of stealth that made it Boba's favorite above all.

Inside, he tossed the corpse in a modified Bacta tank, just to preserve the dead body and keep it from going bad. Clients didn't want stinking corpses, even if he demanded them dead on delivery. With the business end of his trip dealt with, he closed the hatch, went out the door and set way to the canteen.

It was crowded as usual. People trying to forget their misery by drinking it away, predictably ending up with more than their started off with due to their growing tab. Bar brawls were a daily occurrence, but nobody bothered to pick a fight with the guy sitting in the corner.

Boba sat down in the corner after ordering a drink, taking off his jetpack and leaning against the surprisingly comfortable back of his seat. His mind drifted off to an old acquaintance of his, the kind of person that didn't talk often. Even though they had a fight once, Boba still respected him greatly. Vader was the only Imperial he would gladly take orders from, although the Moff had enough money to pay for his obedience.

Reaching behind his helmet, he pushed a small button that forced a small straw to stick out of his helmet. A few disappointed faces caught his eye, hoping to see the face of the famous bounty hunter.

Mondrova
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mondrova » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:38 pm

The Daleks were flung through a rift with the TARDIS, all screaming with a metallic "AAAAHHHHH" in surprise. They were rolled and jerked about violently as they were blasted through rift into the unknown. Their shields were heavily drained as they absorbed the damaging raw energy one was exposed to in such an instance. If Daleks had guts they would most certainly be heaving them now, but soon they found their ordeal over as they were catapulted into deep space. The small squad of Daleks, numbering only seven in total, congregated to discuss events briefly. Dalek Sanc, leader of the Cult of Skaro, and the most senior Dalek present naturally took command.

He took a brief look of his surrounding and like any Dalek would came to a conclusion about his location. He spoke in a voice similar to that of Dalek Sec, the leader of original cult.

"Scans of local star systems and constellations reveal this an area of space unknown to Dalek kind. Technology and architectural design of combatant craft are also unknown. This in connection with the riff located at the Earth city of Cardiff would indicate we are no longer in our own universe and have crossed into another." The Daleks did not respond but their silence showed they also concurred with this statement. Each thought about their situation. Then another Dalek, a simple soldier spoke, he had one of the lower sounding voices of the Dalek's.

"Such factors are concerning but our primary objective remains. To exterminate the Doctor. The TARDIS was seen heading into the battle zone of the foreign ships. We should follow and exterminate! EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE!" The other soldiers pipped up in agreement.

"Silence, I am the leader, you will obey me. The primary objective is the survival of the Dalek race, myself and Dalek Shay are pivotal to this end. Our preservation is the primary objective. Reports indicate our shields are drained. As such, entering the battlefield is not an option at this point. Acquisition of a power source and information of our galactic position and the technological capabilities of this universe's local species is a priority. Dalek, you will infiltrate the smaller vessel and acquire such information and exterminate the Doctor if you encounter him, nothing more.

The Dalek Sanc indicated towards responded simply with, "I obey." He rocketed off towards the battle ground, easily weaving in between the crossfire. The other Daleks moved back to a safe distance from the battle. The Dalek who had been sent in moved to the small ship just before it was boarded. He used logical and went to the prow of the ship and landed near an airport. He dialed his gun to maximum and blasted through the thin door as if it were paper. He entered and in a few seconds decoded the door inside and entered the vessel. The ship was all hustle and bustle but most of the soldiers were at the spot were the Empire had just landed.

The Dalek went down the hall unopposed for some time before a pair of humans stood before him. "What the hell is that thing?!" one asked. The other responded with, "I don't know, must be some new droid from he empire. Destroy it!" They both fired off one shot and their blast were absorbed by the shield. The Dalek shield was drained currently though and so he immediately killed them, not risking more blasts from those guns. "Exterminate!" Was the last thing they heard before they died agonizing deaths, the gunstick toned back down in power to kill more painfully. He moved past the two corpses and found a single human facing down a hall looking out for the enemy. He moved towards him and when he turned around put his manipulator arm to his face.

He began sucking his face, draining it of life and information. The man screamed silently into the suction device until he was nothing but a brittle skeleton like thing. The soldier provided the necessary knowledge, knowing of many nearby planets and of vague descriptions of both his and this "Empires" weapons. The Dalek, his shield dangerously low retreated quickly, he encountered only one other rebel one the way out. He exterminated him easily. He entered the area of the airlock, the whole room was devoid of oxygen so he didn't worry about being attacked. He left, following orders and moving to preserve Dalek Sanc and Shay, though as he flew away, transmitting data to his fellow Daleks, he found himself annoyed that he had not been allowed to exterminate all the life on the ship. Still, orders are orders. He reported to his fellow Daleks.
Last edited by Mondrova on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We all ride the struggle bus sometimes

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
AETEN II wrote:([url=http://i.imgur.com/Azevq.jpg]Image)[/url]

Said ship might be filled with guards that you have alerted by loudly proclaiming that said guards are robots. The ship may also be inhabited by Cybermen who do not appreciate being compared to idiotic human science fiction (which shall be removed posthaste).

Finally, that ship might belong to Darth Vader. Somehow, the Doctor had managed to end up with the third one.

In a haze of smoke and blaster fire, the Tantive IV (said red and white ship that the Doctor seemingly loved so much) suddenly found itself occupied by a few new passengers; namely, Vader and a group of his stormtroopers. Vader was a giant, standing at about six and a half feet and weighing just under three hundred pounds. Despite his extraordinary weight, he looked trim and fit. This may have had something to do with the fact that Vader's actual physical form was impossible to see; his entire body was sheathed in an armor of nightmares. It was blacker than the soul of the Master and was made of some unknown plastic/rubber material that seemed to draw in light and imprison it for eternity. He wore metallic boots that shined with a polished care, along with a distinctive helmet made of the same material. His gut was choked in a tight belt with a piece of gray metal extending down Vader's groin and onto the other side. A large panel protruded from his chest with various rectangular buttons emblazoned onto them. Their purpose was unknown and likely entirely useless in abating the emanating terror which tore at the souls of any who opposed Vader. A billowing cape fluttered behind him (mounted on silver shoulder-pads), causing him to appear much larger than he truly was. That was insanely difficult to do. He was not a man nor a droid. He was a story. A dark fable. A piece of propaganda engineered by the Empire to keep the populace in line.

Vader and his troops thundered through the Rebel ship, the Stormtroopers easily picking off the foolish Rebels who dared to stand in Vader's way. They ripped their way into a hallway that lead towards Vader's goal, the smoke of explosions growing and following them like a dutiful pet. The door to the hall slid slowly open and Vader could taste his success.

"Bring me the plans and the Princess," he said in deep and authoritative tones tinged by heavy and labored breathing, "The rest shall not be spared."

The monstrous creature marched into the hall, cloaked in smog with his cape whipping dramatically behind him, foreshadowing the grim fate of his foes. He was followed dutifully by his soldiers, who fired wildly into the hall. They were not trying to kill anyone yet, they were simply doing it for the effects. Besides, proper aiming in this environment would be impossible.

Vader pushed through the screaming Rebel troops and settled upon his target; the Captain Antilles. He waved his hand in the air, causing Antilles' gun to fly from his hand, and grabbed the Rebel by his throat. He lifted the Captain into the air.

"Where are the plans?" he demanded. Suddenly, in the corner of his eye (if he even had those), Vader noticed a large blue box resting in the hall. Furthermore, he saw a gibbering madman running about in front of it.

"Destroy them," he ordered his soldiers, "but spare the box. I saw it outside the Destroyer. It seems to be a ship."

"Oh hold on now. Borg don't talk like that. I I recognize you from somewhere." The Doctor said as he scratched his chin and squinted his eyes, looking Darth Vader up and down. Thinking he came to a proper conclusion, the Doctor jumped back and snapped the fingers of his right hand.
"BATMAN! YES, YOU'RE BATMAN! But, no wait, Batman doesn't have a spaceship. Are you... hm. Robocop?" The Doctor asked Vader as the Stormtroopers took aim, fired, and their plasma weaponry was absorbed by the TARDIS shield.
"TARDIS shield. Can be extended and certainly won't be penetrated by those plasma thingies. Sure you might if you constantly fired for the rest of the day, but I don't intend to have a staring contest for that long. AHA! Nevermind what I said earlier, you're Masterchief from that thing on Earth. But Masterchief didn't have black armor.... Or I could just ask who you are couldn't I? Who are you? And I demand you put that man down. What'd he ever do to you? And you can't make him talk when you're crushing his windpipe? Rather stupid way to get information. Maybe I shouldn't call the giant robot man stupid." The Doctor finished his questions and statements with a verbal thought as he guess that the large robot with a cape was likely somewhat dangeorus and mean. He looked mean.
"OOOH, helmets, I like helmets!" The Doctor said as he saw a Stormtrooper walk over to him and attempt to step through the shield. Just as the trooper was doing so, the Time Lord wisked the helmet off the cheap clone, donned it, and headbutted the now helmetless trooper and sent him stumbling into a bulkhead.
"Well this is a terrible helmet, you can't see ANYTHING." The Doctor said with a muffled voice as he wandered about the shielded area and smacked into the TARDIS door.
Last edited by AETEN II on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Lars Family Moisture Farm

There are many things a man must do to keep his family safe. He must read to his boy, and teach right from wrong. He must haul and push heavy equipment to fix the moisture vaporators. He must work hours a day in the desert sun as he collects moisture from the air. And most importantly of all, he must find the time to make sweet sweet love to his wife.

And he did just that.

Awakening in his bed, Owen took a moment to grasp his surroundings. He was in his small room, on one side of the large pit that was used as his family's home. He was also naked, lying next to his wife Beru. Yes, it came back to him now, the events of the previous night. Owen lifted his naked body out of his bed, and grabbed his desert robes. Slipping the robes on, Owen looked to Beru, as she lied on the bed.

"Beru," he said. No answer. He shook his head and called out again "Beru! It's morning!"

It was no use. He probably forced her into a coma like the last time. Owen sighed and walked out of the room, making sure to close the automatic door behind him. Looking up towards the sky, Owen saw that it was early morning, the sun just starting to rise.

"Luke!" Owen called out. "It's morning, son!"
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010

Postby Cyborg Holland » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Slowly, the yellow dustiness cleared from Rhona's eyes and she looked around herself in slight confusion. She looked down at her feet. Still booted, so she wasn't captured. Then the memories came flooding back, and she remembered what had happened over those last, different, so to say, 72 hours. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, squinting at the harsh light of the Blue Box. The Doctor, as he called himself, was jabbering to the about everything. All he ever seemed to do was talk. Why did she have to fall to her emotional urges. She thought they had been beaten out of her on the cold battlefields of Io. The Blue Box had slowed to a stop, and she could hear laser blasters outside. She was four years in the future! She was home! Rhona lept up and darted across the deck, moving towards the door, where the Doctor was stadning addressing the outside world Mother? Bradley? thought rolled through her head about the wonders of being home, escaping the war. She sprinted past the Doctor and outside...

Her first thoughts were This isn't home...this is something very different. She was expecting the green rolling fields of home, or the white wastelands of Io. But no, this was a spaceship deck. With many soldiers in white suits and a single badass looking guy. Rhona came to an abrupt stop right before the edge of Blue Box's shield. She looked left, then right, then slowly started to walk backwards towards the Doctor. She drew up next to him and leant over and whispered "Where are we?" And who are these guys?"

The Doctor seemed to ignore her request, and continued jabbering on to these soldiers. Rhona waited quietly, in the most awkward silence in history. The Doctor had now taken the helmet of one of the white soldiers and had started walking around in it. Doing this one day, he'll kill himself doing that, but please, please God don't let it be today, she thought. She whispered to the now incapacitated Doctor "Again, where are we, are who are these people?"

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:31 pm

AETEN II wrote:

"Oh hold on now. Borg don't talk like that. I I recognize you from somewhere." The Doctor said as he scratched his chin and squinted his eyes, looking Darth Vader up and down. Thinking he came to a proper conclusion, the Doctor jumped back and snapped the fingers of his right hand.
"BATMAN! YES, YOU'RE BATMAN! But, no wait, Batman doesn't have a spaceship. Are you... hm. Robocop?" The Doctor asked Vader as the Stormtroopers took aim, fired, and their plasma weaponry was absorbed by the TARDIS shield.
"TARDIS shield. Can be extended and certainly won't be penetrated by those plasma thingies. Sure you might if you constantly fired for the rest of the day, but I don't intend to have a staring contest for that long. AHA! Nevermind what I said earlier, you're Masterchief from that thing on Earth. But Masterchief didn't have black armor.... Or I could just ask who you are couldn't I? Who are you? And I demand you put that man down. What'd he ever do to you? And you can't make him talk when you're crushing his windpipe? Rather stupid way to get information. Maybe I shouldn't call the giant robot man stupid." The Doctor finished his questions and statements with a verbal thought as he guess that the large robot with a cape was likely somewhat dangeorus and mean. He looked mean.
"OOOH, helmets, I like helmets!" The Doctor said as he saw a Stormtrooper walk over to him and attempt to step through the shield. Just as the trooper was doing so, the Time Lord wisked the helmet off the cheap clone, donned it, and headbutted the now helmetless trooper and sent him stumbling into a bulkhead.
"Well this is a terrible helmet, you can't see ANYTHING." The Doctor said with a muffled voice as he wandered about the shielded area and smacked into the TARDIS door.

Vader stopped for a quick moment's contemplation, squeezing down on Antilles' throat in such a way as to knock him unconscious, but not kill him. He dropped the Rebel's body to the ground with a hard thud, deciding to interrogate him later, aboard the Devastator. To that end, the Tantive IV would be drawn in using the ship's tractor beam and placed in the hangar until Vader was ready to inspect it for the plans. Or, perhaps, it could be destroyed; the plans did not need to survive if the Empire had copies, which they likely did. Vader could not be sure, however, as this was the first time in quite a while that he had been involved in the Emperor's pet project.

"This is a trick," Vader explained, "He is a fool meant to distract us and his box is, as well. There must be two of them, one an unmanned ship and the other a simple replica made to mislead us. I expected more honorable tactics from the Princess."

Vader turned to the Stormtroopers and stretched his arm out to the side, pointing towards the exit on the other end.

"Go," he ordered, "Do not fall for the deceit. I shall handle this buffoon."

The Stormtroopers nodded and ran off, save for one, who paused and ripped his helmet off of the Doctor's head with a grimace. He quickly followed his comrades, slipping it on as he went, leaving the Darth alone with the TARDIS and its owner. Vader reached out towards the Doctor with the Force, a mysterious power that inhabits all things and may or may not exist, and wrapped his essence around the mysterious man's throat. He pulled his arm slowly in front of himself and clenched it into fist, intentionally moving in a dreadfully burdened manner so as to intimidate and fool the Doctor. Once he had balled his hand into a fist, the Doctor felt his throat grow tight, as if the Imperial was choking him. Vader lifted his arm, thereby lifting the Doctor, and then punched at the air and released his hand back into a palm. The Doctor was sent flying into a wall, though he could breathe once more.

"You will tell me what you are doing here and where the plans are," Vader commanded, tapping into the persuasive power of the Force just as a Jedi had once taught him long ago (or so the stories go) and attempting to invade the Doctor's mind, exerting his influence. However, Vader could not feel the Doctor in the force, or his companion for that matter. Perhaps it was their ship? That was the only explanation he could think of. The Doctor had mentioned a shield before. Vader would have to study it later. This anti-Force technology could be a threat to the Empire.

"And silence your pet," Vader added with contempt that struck like a bullet once he noticed Rhona.
Last edited by Nationstatelandsville on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Goodbye.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Cyborg Holland wrote:Slowly, the yellow dustiness cleared from Rhona's eyes and she looked around herself in slight confusion. She looked down at her feet. Still booted, so she wasn't captured. Then the memories came flooding back, and she remembered what had happened over those last, different, so to say, 72 hours. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, squinting at the harsh light of the Blue Box. The Doctor, as he called himself, was jabbering to the about everything. All he ever seemed to do was talk. Why did she have to fall to her emotional urges. She thought they had been beaten out of her on the cold battlefields of Io. The Blue Box had slowed to a stop, and she could hear laser blasters outside. She was four years in the future! She was home! Rhona lept up and darted across the deck, moving towards the door, where the Doctor was stadning addressing the outside world Mother? Bradley? thought rolled through her head about the wonders of being home, escaping the war. She sprinted past the Doctor and outside...

Her first thoughts were This isn't home...this is something very different. She was expecting the green rolling fields of home, or the white wastelands of Io. But no, this was a spaceship deck. With many soldiers in white suits and a single badass looking guy. Rhona came to an abrupt stop right before the edge of Blue Box's shield. She looked left, then right, then slowly started to walk backwards towards the Doctor. She drew up next to him and leant over and whispered "Where are we?" And who are these guys?"

The Doctor seemed to ignore her request, and continued jabbering on to these soldiers. Rhona waited quietly, in the most awkward silence in history. The Doctor had now taken the helmet of one of the white soldiers and had started walking around in it. Doing this one day, he'll kill himself doing that, but please, please God don't let it be today, she thought. She whispered to the now incapacitated Doctor "Again, where are we, are who are these people?"

(Before Vader)
"We seem to have been sucked into the Rift due to the Daleks detonating too many high energy explosives and were sucked into an alternate universe/dimension where people have a fetish for poorly designed helmets. I thought at first it was Star Trek but I don't remember that big armored robot person thing being in any Star Trek episode I watched."
(After)
"Plans? I don't like those things. If I do make them, they're typically so complex that it's impossible for anything but me to understand. As for now, I don't have any plans. But I might have some later." The Doctor said as he coughed and pulled out his sonic screwdriver.
"Now I don't like it typically when I get thrown into walls and choked with nothing visible. How did you do that?" The Doctor asked as he switched on the sonic and waved it around and then flipped it up and opened the tip, reading the measurements taken.
"Well that's curious. I would have guessed that you had used dark matter to do the 'throwing people with mind' thing, but there's no evidence of dark matter use. But huh. Energy, Matter, and what is this. OOH, RHONA I JUST DISCOVERED ANOTHER STATE OF- stuff. What do you call this stuff? It's everyway, even more common than dark matter. But that's impossible.." The Doctor thought out loud as he checked the readings again, sure enough, more of that other state of stuff. Almost like how matter had four states, apparently this universe had energy, matter, and something else.

"And she's not my pet. While I am certainly more complex than her and come from a vastly more advanced race, she's saved my neck more than once. Last time I took score we were even. So nobody is nobody's pet. But nevermind that right now, introductions are in order, and while I'm the guest, who are you exactly, cyborg person?" The Doctor asked as he gathered information on Vader's vitals as he waved his sonic at the Dark Lord of the Sith.
"Yeouch. What'd you do? Fall in a pit of lava?"
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:10 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Cyborg Holland wrote:Slowly, the yellow dustiness cleared from Rhona's eyes and she looked around herself in slight confusion. She looked down at her feet. Still booted, so she wasn't captured. Then the memories came flooding back, and she remembered what had happened over those last, different, so to say, 72 hours. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, squinting at the harsh light of the Blue Box. The Doctor, as he called himself, was jabbering to the about everything. All he ever seemed to do was talk. Why did she have to fall to her emotional urges. She thought they had been beaten out of her on the cold battlefields of Io. The Blue Box had slowed to a stop, and she could hear laser blasters outside. She was four years in the future! She was home! Rhona lept up and darted across the deck, moving towards the door, where the Doctor was stadning addressing the outside world Mother? Bradley? thought rolled through her head about the wonders of being home, escaping the war. She sprinted past the Doctor and outside...

(Before Vader)
"We seem to have been sucked into the Rift due to the Daleks detonating too many high energy explosives and were sucked into an alternate universe/dimension where people have a fetish for poorly designed helmets. I thought at first it was Star Trek but I don't remember that big armored robot person thing being in any Star Trek episode I watched."
(After)
"Plans? I don't like those things. If I do make them, they're typically so complex that it's impossible for anything but me to understand. As for now, I don't have any plans. But I might have some later." The Doctor said as he coughed and pulled out his sonic screwdriver.
"Now I don't like it typically when I get thrown into walls and choked with nothing visible. How did you do that?" The Doctor asked as he switched on the sonic and waved it around and then flipped it up and opened the tip, reading the measurements taken.
"Well that's curious. I would have guessed that you had used dark matter to do the 'throwing people with mind' thing, but there's no evidence of dark matter use. But huh. Energy, Matter, and what is this. OOH, RHONA I JUST DISCOVERED ANOTHER STATE OF- stuff. What do you call this stuff? It's everyway, even more common than dark matter. But that's impossible.." The Doctor thought out loud as he checked the readings again, sure enough, more of that other state of stuff. Almost like how matter had four states, apparently this universe had energy, matter, and something else.

"And she's not my pet. While I am certainly more complex than her and come from a vastly more advanced race, she's saved my neck more than once. Last time I took score we were even. So nobody is nobody's pet. But nevermind that right now, introductions are in order, and while I'm the guest, who are you exactly, cyborg person?" The Doctor asked as he gathered information on Vader's vitals as he waved his sonic at the Dark Lord of the Sith.

"We are not discussing the past," Vader continued, hiding his emotion. The memory of his "incident" as he called it still stung. There were many theories on what had happened to Vader; a battle on Mustafar with his Jedi Master, a severe punishment from the Emperor for insolence, and an accident involving an ancient Force-based ritual and a virgin sacrifice who wasn't quite a virgin at all. All three of those, however, were completely idiotic (wouldn't both of them burn to death on Mustafar due to convection?), or so was the popular opinion. All that was definite, however, was that Vader wore what looked like to be a suit of armor (though many would argue that he was, in fact, a droid) and that scuffing it up was typically a bad idea.

"Answer my questions," Vader demanded, "Who are you and where are the plans?"

Vader stretched out his hand again and caught Rhona this time, tightening his palm into a fist and hoisting her into the air, just as he had done to the Doctor.

"Or else," he finished. He could hardly believe he was wasting so much time on these two.
Last edited by Nationstatelandsville on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goodbye.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:28 pm

AETEN II wrote:(Before Vader)
(After)

"We are not discussing the past," Vader continued, hiding his emotion. The memory of his "incident" as he called it still stung. There were many theories on what had happened to Vader; a battle on Mustafar with his Jedi Master, a severe punishment from the Emperor for insolence, and an accident involving an ancient Force-based ritual and a virgin sacrifice who wasn't quite a virgin at all. All three of those, however, were completely idiotic (wouldn't both of them burn to death on Mustafar due to convection?), or so was the popular opinion. All that was definite, however, was that Vader wore what looked like to be a suit of armor (though many would argue that he was, in fact, a droid) and that scuffing it up was typically a bad idea.

Vader stretched out his hand again and caught Rhona this time, tightening his palm into a fist and hoisting her into the air, just as he had done to the Doctor.

"Or else," he finished. He could hardly believe he was wasting so much time on these two.

"I'm your worst nightmare." The Doctor said as he aimed his sonic at Vader and let it wreak havoc on the creature's life support system, severing the supply or oxygen and causing his chest plate to explode in a shower of sparks and releasing Rhona.
"GET INTO THE TARDIS, WE'RE LEAVING!" The Doctor shouted to Rhona as he picked her up off the floor and pushed her into the direction of the TARDIS while he increased the intensity of the signal and caused the pannels on the bulkheads to explode with a shower of sparks that likely delayed any Stormtroopers heading their way. Feeling he had done what was needed, the Time Lord rushed into the TARDIS and quickly pulled the door shut (and locked it) before he then rushed to the controls and sent the TARDIS an hour into the future and down at some small building in a canyon.
"Well she's now low on energy as most of it was used up in the jumping of universes. She'll eventually power up in an hour or two, but she had enough energy for a jump the planet's surface." The Doctor said as he patted Rhona on the back and sat her down on stair.
"You alright? I don't know what the stuff that he was using but it sure was powerful." He said as he rubbed his neck and loosened the bowtie a bit.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010

Postby Cyborg Holland » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:39 pm

"I'm almost killed by some invisible gravity ray, and you ask if I'm ok?" breathed Rhona as she caught her breath after her frightening experience "Anyway, what is that guy using? It's crazy"

The Doctor had moved away to the console and had started tapping buttons on. They'd travelled forward an hour to a different place. A different planet? She didn't know... It was all quite crazy at the moment. She leant back and uncapped her helmet for the first time in several days. She let her bright red hair curl down her neck and onto her shoulders, but she soon grabbed a tie and put it up in a rigid, militaristic bun. She unholstered her gun and gave it a routine 3-day check.

"Ooh. Sorry, no guns here" said the Doctor, without looking up

"What?" replied Rhona

"No guns. Bad. Kill, maim, injure, not good. I only use this" He drew out his screwdriver and chucked it to her. She caught it and examined it. She'd never seen anything like it. Millieniae ahead of her inferior laser ray. She threw it back and began to apply a swab on a cut on her right forearm.

"So Doctor?" asked Rhona "what's you're story, we know nothing about you, hmmm?"

Metanih
Senator

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Metanih » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:57 pm

The Millennium Falcon slowly drifted down into the bustling cesspool that was Mos Eisley. Just one more place to avoid the bounty hunters until Han Solo could get the money to pay Jabba back. He hoped for some work to be found, and he hoped for it before the bounty hunters of the world descended upon him and Chewbacca. As he stepped off the ship, he smiled at the sweet dry air of the desert. The Empire wasn't quite done expanding, and places like this were still a haven for people like Han.

He had to find a smuggling contract fast. If he hurried, no word would spread about his appearance, and nobody would follow him. He could outrun most anyone, thanks to the beauty that was the Millennium Falcon, but he didn't like risking it. He had been caught in the past, and, while he escaped then, it had led into a whole mess of trouble later. Trouble he was still dealing with. Han made his way through the streets of the town, heading for the place he knew people would socialize, and the place he would hopefully find a contract. A local bar.
Nationstates Ninja
Second to Reploid Productions...
Everyone should watch this excellent show, and the movie Serenity.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/

If you don't know me well, talk to me more. I have a DeviantArt account here. http://merin593.deviantart.com
Also, I am a pansexual genderfluid individual. If you don't know what that means, look it up. I deal with enough people asking in real life. . ;)

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Cyborg Holland wrote:"I'm almost killed by some invisible gravity ray, and you ask if I'm ok?" breathed Rhona as she caught her breath after her frightening experience "Anyway, what is that guy using? It's crazy"

The Doctor had moved away to the console and had started tapping buttons on. They'd travelled forward an hour to a different place. A different planet? She didn't know... It was all quite crazy at the moment. She leant back and uncapped her helmet for the first time in several days. She let her bright red hair curl down her neck and onto her shoulders, but she soon grabbed a tie and put it up in a rigid, militaristic bun. She unholstered her gun and gave it a routine 3-day check.

"Ooh. Sorry, no guns here" said the Doctor, without looking up

"What?" replied Rhona

"No guns. Bad. Kill, maim, injure, not good. I only use this" He drew out his screwdriver and chucked it to her. She caught it and examined it. She'd never seen anything like it. Millieniae ahead of her inferior laser ray. She threw it back and began to apply a swab on a cut on her right forearm.

"So Doctor?" asked Rhona "what's you're story, we know nothing about you, hmmm?"

"Well I can't tell you my actual name for one. I wouldn't be surprised if the Silence existed in every universe and would immediately try to kill you if I did. My story's a long one, and I don't think you'd want to hear it. It's rather boring. Just a madman with a blue box that goes on crazy adventures. This one more so than any I remember. The only times I've gone into alternate universes have been a bit more duel. Sure, there was an army of Cybermen in one, but it was just a slightly different Earth. This, now this is just nuts. Giant spaceships? New form of energy/matter? Giant scary cyborgs? Soldiers wearing goofy plastic helmets? As much as I want and need to get us back to our home, I've never been so eager to explore. A WHOLE NEW UNIVERSE! A whole new past, present, and future. Who WOULDN'T love that? Only problem is that the TARDIS has to re-fuel. This stinks." The said as he folded his arms and leaned on the door of the TARDIS, then slid down into a sitting position on the floor.
"Hopefully we can mingle with the locals and see what's with the giant black armored cyborg person thing."
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Kazomal
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kazomal » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:28 pm

There are many kinds of men in the galaxy.

And then there are the Hutt.

And then there is Jabba, the survived abortion of ruthless pragmatism and raw ability, utterly bereft of compassion, morals, or restraint. Only circumstances limited Jabba Desilijic Tiure, and with almost 6 centuries of winning under his (titanic) belt Jabba was working on outsmarting circumstance, as well. Over that time, Jabba's wealth and power had consistently grown, and his adversaries had consistently ended up in the grave. His criminal empire grew like a cancer in the galactic body, slow and relentless, until none could ignore it. It touched and tainted every aspect of galactic life. From his remote HQ on Tatooine, Jabba controlled his shadow empire, and harvested the rewards. Dirty money flowed in from across the galaxy. If you were blowing spice, chances were one of Jabba's men had gotten it there.

The life was good for Jabba the Hutt, as he was known to the aliens. Drugs, money, women, political influence, his own box at the Mos Espa Grand Arena, a super-sweet sail barge, he had it all. And Jabba was a Hutt who enjoyed life. Nietzsche's Ubermensch, Rand's egoist incarnate, Jabba pursued his pleasures with vigor. Jabba always did just whatever the hell he wanted, and everyone else can get fucked.

Speaking of everyone getting fucked, Jabba was a xenophile, oh yes he was. Just thinking of all those tiny little aliens, in all their colors and shapes, and with all their different naughty bits made the massive Hutt lick his lips and laugh deeply. He spent much of his time licking his lips and laughing deeply for some reason (drugs) or another (villainy).

Jabba had particularly auspicious cause to lick his lips and laugh deeply this day; for, even now, as he was feasting on the head of a small sentient lizard with one hand, he was reading a message from one of his bounty hunters with the other. It seemed that young Greedo thought he had tracked down Han Solo, and was getting ready to make his move. What's more, is that Han was back on Tatooine, not far from Jabba himself. Jabba had liked the brash young human (all aliens who lived less then several hundred years were young to Jabba. Robbing them was like robbing children!). But business was business. Han had dropped his cargo, and he owed Jabba some money. If word got out that debts to Jabba could go unpaid without repercussion, well, that simply would not do. His rivals would sense weakness, and he would have to work harder to keep them at bay.

Jabba returned to his hookah pipe and his light snack, awaiting word on his various criminal projects.
Last edited by Kazomal on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out Rabbit Punch, the MMA, Sports, News & Politics blog, now in two great flavors!

Rabbit Punch: Sports (MMA and Sports Blog)- http://www.rabbitpunch1.blogspot.com
Rabbit Punch: Politics (News and Politics, the Ultimate Contact Sports)- http://rabbitpunchpolitics.blogspot.com/

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:20 pm

AETEN II wrote:

"I'm your worst nightmare." The Doctor said as he aimed his sonic at Vader and let it wreak havoc on the creature's life support system, severing the supply or oxygen and causing his chest plate to explode in a shower of sparks and releasing Rhona.

Vader crumbled to the ground wordlessly, though he would quite like to swear, clutching at his chest. He rested on his left knee and right foot, support himself with his right hand while groping at the malfunctioning circuitry with his left. He silently damned the Doctor and swore to hunt them down and destroy them. That, however, would have to wait for later, as he currently had the pressing issues of breathing and a beating heart.

The Force was able to supplant said necessities momentarily, but Vader would surely die if he waited any longer than half an hour or so. As such, the crippled Sith Lord (or, at least, that's what they say) signaled the Devastator with the press of a small red button hidden in a compartment on his glove. The Tantive IV was dragged inside the belly of the Devastator slowly, while one Stormtroopers bounced up to Vader in order to report to him.

"Sir," he said, "We've captured the Princess, but we can't fight the droids you warned us about... sir?"

Vader rose with great difficulty and gave the Stormtrooper a curt nod, hiding his tremendous pain. The troops could not see him display weakness. He was invulnerable. He was a terrible demon. And no one wants to see a demon crying and wheezing like an asthmatic bitch.

"Bring her and the Captain on board," Vader managed to spit out with quite a bit of struggling, "I have other matters to attend to."

Vader stormed off, his cape twitching slightly behind him. He had many things to do, not limited to repairing himself; this ship, the "TARDIS" as its owner had called it. It was extraordinary. It had entered hyperspace at the slightest provocation without any amount of fanfare and was small enough to appear land anywhere in the galaxy. Not only that, but its shields were powerful enough to deflect lasers blasts and its pilot was an unassuming moron. Perhaps he was not as unassuming as he appeared, for Vader had felt his soul; this was a special man, a storm of light and dark, a man who held a great deal of power. But Vader was confident he could kill this man; he had the infinite power of the Force and soon, should his plans go well, he would so much more. More even than the Emperor and his prized weapon.

Vader was in pain now, but soon, very soon, he would be greater than a god.

Goodbye.

Katyuscha
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Katyuscha » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Mos Eisley Docking Bay, Tatooine

The cheap 'Rent-A-Ship' slowly made its descent onto the docking bay floor, creeking and clanking as it came closer to the ground. A dock employee stood by, watching the cheap little ball of junk precariously extend its three short la ding stilts and hit the bay floor with a loud "THUD". The employee stood lazily, waiting for the pilot to exit so he could check the heap of junk for damages.

After ten seconds of no activity, a hatch on the bottom of the ship flew open, letting all the compressed air into the environment with a hiss, and a large, green hand reach out to grasp the side of the hatch door. It appeared that the pilot, whoever it was, was having trouble getting themselves out pf the rented death trap. Sounds of grunting and cursing in what sounded like either Rodian, or Huttese. Then, in one quick, reckless moment, the pilot fell out of the hatch, hitting the hard concrete floor with a thud. It was a Rodian, and a clumsy one at that.

The Rodian crawled quickly out from under the ship, apparently worried it would collapse on top of him, and stood up with a bit of a wobble. He looked around the room, dazed, and then looked at the dock employeee, who he approached and spoke only one sentence to him.

"Just me sure it's not completely destroyed when I get back."

He then turned and began walking out.

The dock employee, still confused as to what just happened, turned and yelled out to the Rodian.

"I'm going to need your name, sir."

The Rodian stopped and turned around. He hesitated for a moment before responding.

"Uhh... Greedo." he said nervously and turned and began speed walking out the door.

Greedo

Greedo walked nervously through the crowded streets of Mos Eisley space port, moving his eyes side to side, trying to spot his target in the dozens of crowds that passed by him. He had been following Solos trail throughout the galaxy for days, abd they finally led him here. Totooine, the citu for scum and villains of all shapes and sizes. It wasn't surprising to Greedo that this was where Solo was hiding. He had run into the smuggler twice in the past, but the man was always able to elude him. Unfortunately, he couldn't spot a single clue pointing toward where Solo might be. Greedo sighed. His confidence was beginning to die.

Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a familiar figure waltzing into a cantina. It was Boba Fett. The most famous bou ty hunter in the galaxy was on Tatooine at the same time Greedo was dearching for Solo? There was no way that was a coincidence. Boba was looking for Solo, too. Greedo quickly turned and walked awkwardly in the cantina after him. As he walked through the door, he stumbled over a bystanders foot and almost fell face first into the cantin floor, but caught himself and quickly creeped over to the bar.

"One drink, please." he said to the bartender while watching both the cantina door and Boba.

"What kind of drink?" responded the bartender, confused.

"Anything, anything!" he said in a low raspy whisper.

The bartender then walked off and came ba k thirty second later with a random drink which Greedo quickly began to sip on, nervously.

No way was he losing this contract.
Last edited by Katyuscha on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Very soft
Song

Cthulhutu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cthulhutu » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Lars Family Moisture Farm

With a burst of speed, the X-34 landspeeder blasted over the dune, leaving sprawls of stirred sand in its wake. The wind whipped through Luke's hair, and fresh air filled his lungs. He smiled, enjoying the thrill of the ride.

It was early in the morning. One of Tatooine's dual suns was peeking over the horizon, casting a red glare over the shifting sands of the desert, illuminating the few rocks that stood up from the mostly featureless face of the desert. Luke looked up. Ahead was what he had come out here for-a moisturizer. He pulled the throttle of the landspeeder back, slowing it down, and slowly glided towards the tall form of the moisturizer. As he slowed to a stop, he leapt out of the landspeeder, and started to inspect the moisturizer. As he grew nearer to it, he noticed something.

Something was wrong with the moisturizer. The top metal collecting spire was gone, making the machine virtually useless. Luke frowned. It wasn't a Krayt dragon this time. There were no visible claw marks on the machine, and if the spire had been bitten off, it would have been more obvious. It wasn't the banthas. Banthas rubbing against a moisturizer could topple it (rarely), but the machine wasn't toppled. It was as if something had come along and taken the valuable parts of the moisturizer, leaving the rest for scrap. That was odd. Jawas liked to take everything.

"It could have been the Tuskens. Or," he thought to himself, "it might have just broken naturally."

He shrugged, sighed, and headed back to the speeder, where he hopped in, pulled the throttle, and rocketed off. The rest of the morning check was easy, and all the other moisturizers were intact. An hour later, he arrived back at the home, parked the speeder, and walked inside. Nobody was awake at the moment, so he went down to his room and went back to sleep. Suddenly, a loud burst of noise erupted from the hallway, jolting Luke awake.

"Luke! It's morning, son!"

Luke groaned and rolled over in his sleep. After a few moments, he groggily sat up in bed, blinked his eyes a few times, and stood up. He walked out of the room, rubbing his eyes, and replied.

"Good morning, Uncle." he said, following it with a yawn. "I've got something important to tell you. I couldn't sleep last night, so I went out to check on the moisturizers. We've got a problem. Two of them are busted. I think it could possibly be the Jawas. Maybe we should pay the local ones a visit? We need some new droids, anyway."

Walking over to the center of the courtyard, he took a cup and held it under the moisturizer inside the courtyard. A stream of water poured into his cup, and he stopped it at the brim.

"Would you like some? Also, Uncle, I've been meaning to ask you a few questions."
Last edited by Cthulhutu on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Owen took a seat near Luke, and sighed. "Damn Jawas. I'll have a look at the moisturizers soon, to see if I can find anything else. Good work, Luke."

Chuckling, the old farmer took another cup and handed it to Luke, nodding, motioning to the moisturizer for some water. "Ask away. But we can't take long, what with the Jawas coming in to sell some of their supplies. We're going to need some droids to help repair those moisture vaporators. Remind me, would you?"

Cthulhutu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cthulhutu » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:39 pm

"Well, Uncle..."

Luke paused for a moment.

"It's about leaving the planet, Uncle. All my friends are leaving. Biggs is off to the Imperial Academy to become a pilot. But you said I was needed on the farm. My father...well, you said that he was a navigator on a spice freighter. I...want to follow in his footsteps. Could you possibly consider me...well, leaving some day?"

He smiled, hoping for a positive response.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Cthulhutu wrote:"Well, Uncle..."

"It's about leaving the planet, Uncle. All my friends are leaving. Biggs is off to the Imperial Academy to become a pilot. But you said I was needed on the farm. My father...well, you said that he was a navigator on a spice freighter. I...want to follow in his footsteps. Could you possibly consider me...well, leaving some day?"

Owen looked at the sky for a moment as he pondered. It took him a few seconds, but finally he looked back at Luke and returned the smile. "I know that it might be tough seeing your friends go. And honestly I'm not sure. I care about you, Luke. When your father died, I promised to take care of you, and I have. The Galaxy is dangerous, and I know that you have an understanding of it already, but with the War and the violence..."

Owen sighed. The old farmer looked around the courtyard, and then back to Luke. "I suppose if we are able to buy good, working droids, maybe I can let you off for the season. Maybe. We'll need to see how everything goes with the Jawas and the new droids. And if we can get those moisture vaporators fixed within a reasonable time.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:12 pm

Vader was good with technology, particularly ships.

About an hour after the incident aboard the Tantine IV, Vader had managed to repair his systems single-handedly in his private quarters. He had lived inside of the suit for the past two decades, and, as such, had become quite good at repairing and maintaining it. He had memorized its every single mechanism, each system, and, more importantly, its very soul. It was a living creature, it had a wholly separate mind and personality. One that dominated Vader's own, it seemed. The Dark Side in a dark soul.

Not that Vader believed in the Dark Side, but that's beside the point.

Once Vader had finished repairing himself, he issued a few quick orders to have guards separate the Princess and the Captain and to double the security around Antilles. Antilles was not a threat to Vader by any means (though few people were in the first place), it was instead an experiment. Vader feared no Rebel, but he did, however, fear underestimating them. He had already seen the extent of Antilles' strength (which was to say, not much), but not the Princess. Though Vader doubted Leia would be able to overpower Stormtroopers, he did not doubt that she couldn't outwit them; Stormtroopers could be insanely stupid at times. As such, Vader needed to see something - could Leia's indignation overpower her fear of the Empire? Nothing motivates a person more than prejudiced unfairness. If Antilles were to receive more guards than her on simple basis of her sex, what would the result be? Would she be angered? Relieved? Would she be motivated to try and escape? Was she that opportunistic?

Vader needed a profile of her psyche if he were to interrogate her. Antilles would be easy to break; he needed to know if the same were true for the Princess.

This was all superfluous to Vader's current task, however. Through luck or by the guiding hand of the Force, a certain prize that Vader had been seeking had managed to find its way to the same planet that Leia had been apprehended over. The desert planet Tatooine was infamous for being incredibly lawless, particularly within the spaceport of Mos Eisley, a wretched hive of scum and villainy. Though it technically was a territory of the Galactic Empire, its remoteness and harsh climate had, in the past, prevented any kind of permanent law enforcement from taking the root. This irked the Senate endlessly, though it quite pleased Vader. He despised the bureaucracy inherent within the Imperial governmental structure, finding the anarchic nature of criminals much easier to work with and manipulate. He was very much fond of using bounty hunters and smugglers over actual soldiers (much of the Stormtroopers under his command were the incompetent backwater that the Empire wouldn't miss should Vader use them as cannon fodder), though the Senate reviled his use of this tactic.

This only made it so much sweeter for Vader.

In any case, Mos Eisley was a perfectly good haven for the unsavory of society, Vader felt. And it had luckily attracted Vader's goal, for Vader's goal was in the possession of an unsavory; namely, Han Solo and his much famed ship, the Millennium Falcon. Solo was, to the best of Vader's knowledge, a smuggler working for Jabba the Hutt's criminal organization, and a damn good one at that. This was due in no small part to Solo's ship, one that made the Kessel run in twelve parsecs, or so tall tale tellers said, though, if you were to ask the kind of person who tells such tall tales what exactly a parsec is and where the Kessel run is located, they'd punch in the jaw. Regardless, it was incredibly fast, incredibly sought after, and soon to be incredibly Vader's. Vader could only hope that he didn't encounter anyone else seeking out Solo.

He had a very bad thing feeling about that.

His ship, one of the revolutionary new TIE Advanced models that Vader had had a large part in creating, descended upon Mos Eisley at around the same time that a certain Time Lord arrived on the lawn of a certain Jedi. Not that Vader knew this; Tatooine was choked in a thick smog of the Dark Side (though Vader would argue it was simply the Force) that dulled a Jedi's senses and prevented him from picking out anything specific in the sea of Force. The perfect place for a Jedi to hide. There were many theories concerning why this was - some speculated that Tatooine was the site of the beginning of the Universe or perhaps home to a messianic hero of virgin born. Both of these theories were regarded as complete and utter madness.

Vader's feelings on the subject were complicated, to say the least, but he very much doubted that anyone would ever know for sure.

Vader's nameless personal craft docked on Tatooine without any fanfare nor particular notice, which made no sense. The TIE was insanely cutting edge and used exclusively for Imperial military applications. Furthermore, an Imperial Star Destroyer was currently loitering about in Tatooine's upper atmosphere, one which any particularly knowledgeable individual would immediately recognize as the dreaded Devastator, flagship of the fleet of the Galaxy's boogeyman. However, no one did put two-and-two together, or even one-and-two, for Vader had taken precautions. Using his vast control over the Force, he had hidden the TIE in plain sight. The aforementioned scum and villainy could peer upon it (or Vader, for that matter) and simply ignore it, unable to recognize it and not particularly caring to, either. A simple mind trick that any clever individual could easily see right through, but that was the lucky thing about scum and villainy; most of them weren't too smart.

Using this tactic, Vader effortlessly managed to make his way into a local bar and claim a seat, completely unnoticed. The bartender ignored him and Vader did likewise. He scanned the crowds for a hint of the smuggler, but saw none. No matter. He would be there soon enough.

"I will take whatever it is that he is having," Vader absentmindedly grumbled once the bartender took notice of him and tapped him on the shoulder. The bartender took it to mean Vader wanted the same thing as Greedo, who sat to Vader's left.

What it really meant was that Darth Vader may have been the most powerful being in the Galaxy, but he was very bad at bars.
Last edited by Nationstatelandsville on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goodbye.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:52 am

Speak of the devil and you see his cape.

Having just finished his drink with one last swig through his straw, Boba clicked the drinking apparatus back into his helmet. Straws were told to get you drunker, but that was just the opinions of the uneducated; you have a lot of those around these parts of the galaxy. Boba wasn't, whether due to his DNA or the smarts he accumulated over the years; he didn't care, as long as it had a practical use in his line of work. Seeing the Sith Lord in cahoots with Greedo would surely merit a facepalm, but he accidentally set his flamethrower off before and he wasn't going to pay for the damages a second time, so a silent sigh of pity would have to do. He felt a bit betrayed, even though Lord Vader wasn't contractually compelled to contract him exclusively, but there was a mild amount of butthurt that made sitting in that seat that much harder; he didn't want any of them to notice him.

He still had a corpse in the closet - and I mean that in a very literal sense - which meant that he really shouldn't take any more bounties as long as he didn't deliver his current one. It was this kind of work ethics that kept his bacta tanks from filling up with open bounties and risk one of them malfunctioning. It was hard enough to get the stench out of Slave I the first time.

Adjusting his place in the booth to face away from the two new patrons, Boba quietly ordered another drink, simply by briefly nodding to the bartender.

Cthulhutu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cthulhutu » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:39 am

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Cthulhutu wrote:"Well, Uncle..."

Owen looked at the sky for a moment as he pondered. It took him a few seconds, but finally he looked back at Luke and returned the smile. "I know that it might be tough seeing your friends go. And honestly I'm not sure. I care about you, Luke. When your father died, I promised to take care of you, and I have. The Galaxy is dangerous, and I know that you have an understanding of it already, but with the War and the violence..."

Owen sighed. The old farmer looked around the courtyard, and then back to Luke. "I suppose if we are able to buy good, working droids, maybe I can let you off for the season. Maybe. We'll need to see how everything goes with the Jawas and the new droids. And if we can get those moisture vaporators fixed within a reasonable time."

Luke grinned, inwardly cheered, and took a swig of the glass of water. "Fantastic." he thought to himself. He didn't mind the farm, nor his relatives, but he had always wanted to do a bit more than working on the farm. Now, his uncle had actually considered it. This was the first step to something else. A season away from the farm. Before, Uncle had always been rather disparaging on the subject of Luke leaving the farm, but now it seemed that he had a few doubts about that.

This day was off to a good start.

"Thanks, Uncle. I'll make sure that happens. Let's go see the Jawas now. That moisterizor should be fixed soon, and, you're right, we do need more droids. Let's go now, shall we? Perhaps we'll see if the Jawas took our parts. There's a Sandcrawler within a few miles, and if the Jawas took our parts, they should be there."

He walked over to the landspeeder, and hopped in the passenger seat, leaving the driver's side open for Uncle Lars.

Metanih
Senator

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Metanih » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:57 pm

Han Solo made his way toward a cantina. He was not exactly watching for bounty hunters, as he was sure they were at least a few planets away, still hopefully following his track. Actually, hopefully they decided to screw Jabba and blast his corpulent slug-like body, but Han could only dream of that. Nobody was that stupid, to do something like cross Jabba. Except, apparently, himself. In doing so, he managed to leap to the top of most bounty hunter's list of targets in the span of a few days. Han could only hope he would find a job here, and quickly. He was famous for his feats running the Kessel Run, and he would be in great shape if the potential contractors had only heard that much about him, and that the news of him falling from favor in Jabba's eyes had not.

Inside the cantina was rather crowded. Dozens of people seemed to crowd around the small space as Han pushed his way to the bar. The few faces that stared at him gave him a bad feeling, as if everyone here was after him. But he had to put that aside, to get a contract, so he could pay Jabba off. Then, hopefully, bounty hunters would stop pursuing. "Give me something to drink..." Han said as he reached the bar, but before he looked around. He turned his head, to see the other patrons, and very nearly had a heart attack.

The man in the black suit caught his attention first. He was probably the most famous person in the galaxy. Everyone knew who Darth Vader was. The face of the Empire, at least the military part. Rumours stated he followed some obscure ancient religion, that he could choke a man without touching him, and had trained under the ancient and now destroyed Jedi Order. Han wasn't a man to put much stock in rumors, but Empire and its laws were the opposite of what made Han happy. Han suddenly got the feeling that this particular cantina would probably be a bad place for him.

As Han stared a bit at the imposing black figure, he noted the creature to its right. It would have been rather difficult for there to be someone next to Darth Vader who made him equally upset, but Greedo certainly fit the bill. A bounty hunter, and one of the ones specifically chasing him. Here. They had already caught up with him? Han was a bit shocked. He had one of the fastest ships in the galaxy, but the effort of hiding and avoiding notice had apparently slowed him more than he would have thought. It was definitely time to get out of here, if the Empire itself was after him, which Greedo's appearance next to Darth Vader seemed to imply. Han stood up, and began backing into the crowd at that point.
Nationstates Ninja
Second to Reploid Productions...
Everyone should watch this excellent show, and the movie Serenity.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/

If you don't know me well, talk to me more. I have a DeviantArt account here. http://merin593.deviantart.com
Also, I am a pansexual genderfluid individual. If you don't know what that means, look it up. I deal with enough people asking in real life. . ;)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse