NATION

PASSWORD

Sherlock Holmes: Colossus in Repose [OOC][Sign Ups]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Sherlock Holmes: Colossus in Repose [OOC][Sign Ups]

Postby Sentinel XV » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Colossus in Repose
Sherlock Holmes: Colossus in Repose IC Thread
Backstory

It has been 5 years since the disappearance of Sherlock Holmes and Professor Moriarty. Both were presumed dead after Holmes and Moriarty fell off the balcony of a Swiss Chalet and into the Reichenbach waterfall. No bodies were found. Neither Holmes nor Moriarty have been seen or heard from since, although there are rumors that both escaped the icy embrace of the Reichenbach.
Current Events & Plot

As mentioned it has been 5 years since the events at the Reichenbach Chalet. Neither Sherlock Holmes nor his archenemy Professor Moriarty have been seen or heard from since those events. Doctor John Watson has been given a position at Scotland Yard as the chief coroner. His marriage to Mary Morstan has since flourished without the constant presence of Holmes, a fact which Watson finds bittersweet. London has been free from any major conspiracy plots since Holmes and Moriarty vanished, but there is obviously something brewing in the city's dark underworld. Strings of kidnappings of seemingly random citizens have been occurring, prompting Inspector Lestrade to declare Scotland Yard in a state of high alert, but otherwise he is unable to stop the increasing frequency of these puzzling crimes. Without Sherlock Holmes to delve into the mystery, Scotland Yard sends out messages to the world's most talented and skilled detectives in order to crack the case. Along their journey, they will be aided by the likes of Watson, Simza, Inspector Lestrade, and a cohort of others. They will journey through both the sparkling wealth of London's elite quarters as well as its filthy criminal underbelly. They will discover what truly happened to Professor Moriarty and, by extension, Sherlock Holmes. And they will unravel the sinister mystery of the Colossus in Repose.
Rules
  • Play nice.
  • No godmodding.
  • Listen to me, the OP.
  • Remember the time period. This is 1896, not 2012.
  • Don't presume anything.
  • Use decent grammar, spelling, & punctuation.
  • Remember that, while you're a great detective in your own right, your character does not know everything.

Application

Code: Select all
NAME:
EQUIPMENT: Include weapons, general equipment, etc.
SPECIALTY: What does your character know best? Engineering? Stealth? The anatomy of squirrels?
GENERAL SKILLS: What is your character decent at?
BIOGRAPHY: Be as descriptive as you'd like.
APPEARANCE: Pictures preferred. Do not use pictures of Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, or Professor Moriarty.

Accepted

John Brackmen - New Roman Empire
Blake Peirson - The Blazing Aura
Riesling Gottfried - Foamy XIII
Jacques Rousseau - Sentinel XV
Kin Lonter - Ronationils
Henry Vanderhouse - Servoth
Mario Firenze - Lost heros
John Philip Evans - Lands of Headington
Lady Scarlet of Ross - The Alice in Wondeland
Last edited by Sentinel XV on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 9 times in total.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Hey, Sentinel, let me just say this; I would hug you if that wasn't a.) impossible and b.) really fucking creepy.

I'll make an app soon.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Hey, Sentinel, let me just say this; I would hug you if that wasn't a.) impossible and b.) really fucking creepy.

I'll make an app soon.

Mm. Glad to have you. I've been watching the Sherlock Holmes movies as my friend let me borrow them. Couldn't help but think that the epicness of the movies would translate excellently into an RP.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:48 pm

NAME: John Brackmen
NATIONALITY: English
EQUIPMENT: a slandered revolver. A bag which holds, a magnifying glass, spare ammo, contacts list and a key to his home
SPECIALTY: Looks for the small things.
GENERAL SKILLS: interrogation, talking to himself out of situations and hiding
BIOGRAPHY: John Brackmen was born into a middle class family that lived outside of London. When John was younger, he heard about the crimes Sherlock homes solved. From then he knew he wanted to be a detective and he read many novels about them as he grew older. After he heard the disappearance of Sherlock Homes, he knew something was up. Then he received the letter from Scotland Yard. He couldn’t say no. Luckily for him, he lived in London in a house not far from Scotland Yard. This would be possibly his biggest case. This would show him how good of a detective he was or he wasn’t. His skills would be put to the test. Against other detectives and who knows what else. But, this would most of all test his cunning and how fast he thinks on his feet. So now, he is working possibly on the biggest case fo the century.
APPEARANCE: "5'2", brown hair, blue eyes, detective’s coat and a hat
Last edited by New Roman Empire on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 pm

New Roman Empire wrote:NAME: John Brackmen
EQUIPMENT: a standered revolver. A bag which holds, a magnifying glass, spare ammo, contacts list and a key to his home
GENERAL SKILLS: interrogation, talking himself out of situations and hiding
BIOGRAPHY: John Brackmen was born into a middle class family that lived outside of london. When John was younger, he heard about the crimes sherlock homes solved. From then he knew he wanted to be a detective and he read many novels about them as he grew older. After he heard the disapprence of Sherlock Homes, he knew somthing was up. Then he recived the letter from Scotland Yard. He couldnt say no. Luckly for him, he lived in london in a house not far from Scotland yard.
APPEARANCE: "5'2", brown hair, blue eyes ,detective's coat and a hat
Sorry for the shot bio its 12:46 am here. By presume you mean we cant infer correct? If we cant say them, would out character be allowed to think them or just none at all.

Accepted tenatively. Flesh out your bio a bit more tomorrow, and for the love of god try and get a browser or addon that has a spell-check. Also, I have no clue what that last part of your application was. Can you elaborate on what you mean by it?

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:53 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
EQUIPMENT: a standered revolver. A bag which holds, a magnifying glass, spare ammo, contacts list and a key to his home
GENERAL SKILLS: interrogation, talking himself out of situations and hiding
BIOGRAPHY: John Brackmen was born into a middle class family that lived outside of london. When John was younger, he heard about the crimes sherlock homes solved. From then he knew he wanted to be a detective and he read many novels about them as he grew older. After he heard the disapprence of Sherlock Homes, he knew somthing was up. Then he recived the letter from Scotland Yard. He couldnt say no. Luckly for him, he lived in london in a house not far from Scotland yard.
APPEARANCE: "5'2", brown hair, blue eyes ,detective's coat and a hat
Sorry for the shot bio its 12:46 am here. By presume you mean we cant infer correct? If we cant say them, would out character be allowed to think them or just none at all.

Accepted tenatively. Flesh out your bio a bit more tomorrow, and for the love of god try and get a browser or addon that has a spell-check. Also, I have no clue what that last part of your application was. Can you elaborate on what you mean by it?

Dont worry, I will. Like I said its late and will do all the editing tomarrow. Plus who is always spelling and gammarly wise correct when they are tired? What I mean is you said we cant presume. I was woudering if that included infering. Then i asked if we couldnt would out characters be allowed to think it.
Last edited by New Roman Empire on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[/floatright][floatleft]

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:53 pm

New Roman Empire wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:Accepted tenatively. Flesh out your bio a bit more tomorrow, and for the love of god try and get a browser or addon that has a spell-check. Also, I have no clue what that last part of your application was. Can you elaborate on what you mean by it?

Dont worry, I will. Like I said its late and will do all the editing tomarrow. Plus who is always spelling and gammarly wise correct when they are tired?

Me.

As for editing and such tomorrow, have at it. I'll be waiting, probably. Not sure what my plans are for tomorrow.

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:22 am

Just as a note, I'm a bit sketchy on this area of history so I'm sorry if i get things wrong, it just I'd love to do a Sherlock Holmes RP.

NAME: Blake Peirson
NATIONALITY: Swedish
EQUIPMENT: Semi-automatic pistol (Borchardt C-93), Swordstick, Pipe. Belt containing: spare ammo, flint and steel,
SPECIALTY: Behavioural sciences
GENERAL SKILLS: Stealth, speed, disguise (see bio).
BIOGRAPHY: Gothenburg, the biggest seaport of Scandinavia and Sweden's biggest trade city holds a lot darker secrets than it would like to let out. Blake Peirson, Private Investigator is one of those who wishes to see the city cleaned of its crime. Born into a wealthy trading family with one younger brother. Blake lost both parents at 18, however this played right into Blake's hand with the majority of the wealth, leaving the family business to his Uncle and younger brother, Blake was able to use his influence to gain a place Uppsala University, following his instinct he studied Cognitive science, graduating he returned to Gothenburg, setting up a small office and beginning work as a Private investigator. Although work was slow coming in at first however both Blake's unorthodox style of studying both the person who committed the crime and the scene itself bought forward the interest of more customers and his high success rate quickly catapulted him into the well known ranks. At the age of 27 whilst chasing a criminal Blake was injured due to a gun wound on his left leg, although it only hit his shin Blake was able to get the story reported that it was actually his knee which had been hit, using up a substantial bit of money Blake was able to have the wound sorted out fine, and then started a time out period of a 15 months in which he practiced pretending to limp, along with training himself to be fitter, he also got his weapons during that time, deciding to better protect himself, as well as the fact the Swordstick allowed him to look like he was slower than he actually was. Re-entering the crime ridden streets of Haga (The Working Class district of Gothenburg), Blake got back his old reputation along with a more ruthless streak that came from his gun. Blake was contacted by the police, saying the Swedish embassy wished that they sent someone over to help Scotland Yard, eager at the chance Blake accepted.
APPEARANCE: 6 foot, Black hair, Brown eyes. Brown Waistcoat, White shirt, Brown trousers sometimes wears a brown bowler hat.
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

Foamy XIII
Envoy

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Foamy XIII » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:42 am

I was just waiting for something like this to appear....

NAME: Riesling Gottfried
NATIONALITY: German
EQUIPMENT: 1x Nagant M1895, with accompanying ammunition. Carries a solid pearwood cane that he uses in close combat.
SPECIALTY: Master logician, but in public life is an expert under various sciences, most notably of natural biology.
GENERAL SKILLS: Proficient in singlestick and marksmanship, which he gained in service with the German navy in his younger years. Through supplementary courses and postings also acquired various field skills, such as tracking and camouflage.
BIOGRAPHY: Gottfried was born into a bourgeoisie family in 1855 on the outskirts of Dresden. His father was a respected artist whose works were frequently exhibited in the city gallery. He was brought up in relatively modest surroundings, but it was an early love of books and natural sciences that drew him into a more scientific career. In 1876 he enlisted into the Kaiserliche Marine(German navy) and attained the rank of Oberbootsman (Chief Petty Officer) before discharging in 1888. After that he became heavily involved with the scientific community, gaining increasing fame as a noted biologist especially in the field of evolution. It was also around this time in 1893 that his reputation as an independent detective began to flourish until he became well-known in law enforcement circles as a sort of German Sherlock Holmes - albeit one that took on any case presented, unlike the selective habit of Holmes.
APPEARANCE:
"They know enough to turn your exhaust pipe into a mortar. I believe Buicks make the best mortars."
-The Quiet American (Graham Greene)

"It's the horde of Genghis Khan! We are doooooooomed!"
Merkids, AoE2

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:58 am

EQUIPMENT: a slandered revolver. A bag which holds, a magnifying glass, spare ammo, contacts list and a key to his home
GENERAL SKILLS: interrogation, talking to himself out of situations and hiding
BIOGRAPHY: John Brackmen was born into a middle class family that lived outside of London. When John was younger, he heard about the crimes Sherlock homes solved. From then he knew he wanted to be a detective and he read many novels about them as he grew older. After he heard the disappearance of Sherlock Homes, he knew something was up. Then he received the letter from Scotland Yard. He couldn’t say no. Luckily for him, he lived in London in a house not far from Scotland Yard. This would be possibly his biggest case. This would show him how good of a detective he was or he wasn’t. His skills would be put to the test. Against other detectives and who knows what else. But, this would most of all test his cunning and how fast he thinks on his feet. So now, he is working possibly on the biggest case fo the century.
APPEARANCE: "5'2", brown hair, blue eyes, detective’s coat and a hat

Accepted.

The Blazing Aura wrote:Just as a note, I'm a bit sketchy on this area of history so I'm sorry if i get things wrong, it just I'd love to do a Sherlock Holmes RP.

NAME: Blake Peirson
NATIONALITY: Swedish
EQUIPMENT: Semi-automatic pistol (Borchardt C-93), Swordstick, Pipe. Belt containing: spare ammo, flint and steel,
SPECIALTY: Behavioural sciences
GENERAL SKILLS: Stealth, speed, disguise (see bio).
BIOGRAPHY: Gothenburg, the biggest seaport of Scandinavia and Sweden's biggest trade city holds a lot darker secrets than it would like to let out. Blake Peirson, Private Investigator is one of those who wishes to see the city cleaned of its crime. Born into a wealthy trading family with one younger brother. Blake lost both parents at 18, however this played right into Blake's hand with the majority of the wealth, leaving the family business to his Uncle and younger brother, Blake was able to use his influence to gain a place Uppsala University, following his instinct he studied Cognitive science, graduating he returned to Gothenburg, setting up a small office and beginning work as a Private investigator. Although work was slow coming in at first however both Blake's unorthodox style of studying both the person who committed the crime and the scene itself bought forward the interest of more customers and his high success rate quickly catapulted him into the well known ranks. At the age of 27 whilst chasing a criminal Blake was injured due to a gun wound on his left leg, although it only hit his shin Blake was able to get the story reported that it was actually his knee which had been hit, using up a substantial bit of money Blake was able to have the wound sorted out fine, and then started a time out period of a 15 months in which he practiced pretending to limp, along with training himself to be fitter, he also got his weapons during that time, deciding to better protect himself, as well as the fact the Swordstick allowed him to look like he was slower than he actually was. Re-entering the crime ridden streets of Haga (The Working Class district of Gothenburg), Blake got back his old reputation along with a more ruthless streak that came from his gun. Blake was contacted by the police, saying the Swedish embassy wished that they sent someone over to help Scotland Yard, eager at the chance Blake accepted.
APPEARANCE: 6 foot, Black hair, Brown eyes. Brown Waistcoat, White shirt, Brown trousers sometimes wears a brown bowler hat.

Accepted.

Foamy XIII wrote:I was just waiting for something like this to appear....

NAME: Riesling Gottfried
NATIONALITY: German
EQUIPMENT: 1x Nagant M1895, with accompanying ammunition. Carries a solid pearwood cane that he uses in close combat.
SPECIALTY: Master logician, but in public life is an expert under various sciences, most notably of natural biology.
GENERAL SKILLS: Proficient in singlestick and marksmanship, which he gained in service with the German navy in his younger years. Through supplementary courses and postings also acquired various field skills, such as tracking and camouflage.
BIOGRAPHY: Gottfried was born into a bourgeoisie family in 1855 on the outskirts of Dresden. His father was a respected artist whose works were frequently exhibited in the city gallery. He was brought up in relatively modest surroundings, but it was an early love of books and natural sciences that drew him into a more scientific career. In 1876 he enlisted into the Kaiserliche Marine(German navy) and attained the rank of Oberbootsman (Chief Petty Officer) before discharging in 1888. After that he became heavily involved with the scientific community, gaining increasing fame as a noted biologist especially in the field of evolution. It was also around this time in 1893 that his reputation as an independent detective began to flourish until he became well-known in law enforcement circles as a sort of German Sherlock Holmes - albeit one that took on any case presented, unlike the selective habit of Holmes.
APPEARANCE:

Accepted, Mr. German Nicholas Cage Detective.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:26 am

NAME: Jacques Rousseau
NATIONALITY: French
EQUIPMENT: Colt Dragoon Revolver, Swordstick, small pouch of tools, a pipe, a matchbook, a small tin of tobacco, and a handkerchief.
SPECIALTY: Jacques is a master tactician. Not unlike Holmes and Moriarty, his intelligence allows him to quickly and efficiently plan out strategies: from how to best incapacitate a charging thug, to how to escape from a tricky situation.
GENERAL SKILLS: He is adept and Chemistry and Biology, as well as being well-versed in History and Math. He's a skilled shot and swordfighter, and has the most peculiar ability of having a photographic memory. Additionally, he is a decent hand at stealth and has a charming tongue that he uses to great effect.
BIOGRAPHY: Jacques Rousseau is the descendant of the famed philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau. Born to upper-class parents, Jacques was never in want for education or mental stimulation. He found from an early age that crime and the prevention thereof highly intrigued him, and his teachers encouraged him to pursue a life as a detective while feeding him never-ending streams of science, math, and history texts. He devoured them in a matter of days, always questing for more knowledge to fulfill his insatiable desire for learning. In his spare time, he would box with his friends and play "extreme" versions of hide-and-go seek, where he and his cohort would roam the entire city of Paris looking for each other. At the age of 18 he attended the University of Paris on full scholarship. He triple majored in Chemistry, Psychology, and Biology. After obtaining several degrees in each field, including a doctorate in Chemistry, he went to Paris's Préfecture de Police, their equivalent to Scotland Yard, and became a detective there. After several years in the service of the Préfecture and with a wealth of domestic and international connections made, Jacques left the Paris Police to start his own detective service. He has been instrumental in the stoppage of many major crimes that would have otherwise took Paris by storm, a fact which has given him the moniker "Sherlock Holmes of France". Recently he received a letter from Scotland Yard that called him to their service. He had already known about Holmes' disappearance, so he jumped to the opportunity of a case in London, as well as potentially finding his idol, Sherlock Holmes.
APPEARANCE: Image
Last edited by Sentinel XV on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ronationils
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ronationils » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:16 am

NAME:
Kin Lonter AKA Shadow
NATIONALITY:
Chinese
EQUIPMENT:
He mainly uses his own skills in martial arts ,but if needed, he will use a katana and hidden revolver. He also has extra ammo as well as basic survival equipment (i.e. Tent and backup food supply). In addition, he has light armor that is used in martial arts against weapons. Finally, he has a small tool kit that he uses to fix and make weapons.
SPECIALTY:
Martial Arts. Kin is profoundly apt at Karate, Tae Kwan Do, Muay Thai, and Jujitsu. He is also quite skilled in Chinese Kenpo and Kung Fu. He uses these skills to do many things such as parkour and stealthy attacks. One of the main weaknesses of this skill is that it causes him to be very honorable. He will only fight an opponent fairly and will never hit a girl. Of course he can use Jujitsu throws against woman enemies but will not kill them.
GENERAL SKILLS:
Making machines or weapons. Kin was very skilled at making things since a young age. When he was young he was going to be an engineer before he stepped into the world of martial arts. He now uses his skills to make and sell weapons for money along his travels.
BIOGRAPHY:
Kin was born to a relatively middle class family in a downtown part of China. When he was young his parents hoped that he would be a genius like is older brother Sheiz. Unfortunately, in school, he was anything but a genius. All of the kids in his class made fun of him because he was only average in Maths and Sciences, and he nearly failed ELA and History. The only subject he was actually good in was woodshop. While he was there he felt like he was in a totally different world. His teacher saw his talent for building things and got him a minor summer job at an engineering company. One day Kin was charged with the task of closing up the main building for the night. When he was about to lock up the bosses daughter, Leigh, came out of the elevator. Apparently, she had been working late and had forgotten to tell her father about it. Kin was about to lead her out and lock up the shop, when a gang of men with baseball bats came and attacked the store. Kin tried to fend them off and let Leigh escape, but they held her at gun point and forced him to empty the cash register. Due to his loss of money and the fact that he had put the bosses daughter in danger, he was promptly fired. Kin vowed that he would become stronger so that he could protect things that were important to him. In order to fulfill his new dream he joined the Ryzanapa Kü dojo. This was no ordinary dojo. This was a dojo were all of the masters of different types of martial arts joined together to defeat evil dojos across the world. He went there and became its first disciple. When he went there, he went through hellish training and became very adapt at the main types of martial arts taught there. After a while Kin decided to leave and follow his own path. So, he set off on his journey across the world to find his place. Along his journey he sold handmade machines and trinkets for money. Finally, he decided to settle in England and open up a dojo for students. Because he wasn't making a lot of money he began selling homemade weapons on the black markets. People began taking interest in his work and he became very popular with the Mafia and Crime Syndicates of England. When he sold weapons he overheard many a-conversation. Using this information he joined the police as a fighter under the alias Shadow.
APPEARANCE:
Kin
Shadow
Last edited by Ronationils on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Last edited by Indecisive on any day of the week of any month on any day of any year at any minute in any hour, edited 1,000,000,000,000 times in total

Lost heros
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost heros » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 am

NAME: Jacque Duboir
EQUIPMENT: A glass of wine and a Pumkin Slinger .69 Caliber musket
SPECIALTY: Wine and other Alcohols
GENERAL SKILLS: He has a good stamina. He also is good at naming plants and teas from their scent.
BIOGRAPHY: Jacque was born into a poor family of grape growers and wine makers. His father taught him everything he need to know about grapes and other plants, while his uncles taught him everything he needed to know about wine and other alcohols. Jacque loved learning about wine and labelled his wine making as a passion. He was the youngest of three brothers, but he was the only one of them to go to college. He attended a college in Paris where he dedicated his studies to improving the taste of wine. He graduated the college and returned to his family to use what he learned in college. While he was able to make a delicious wine, the family couldn't live off only their profits in France. He was sent to London to try to sell some Englishmn wine.
APPEARANCE: http://www.superstock.com/stock-photos-images/1916-2672
Last edited by Lost Heros on Sun Mar 6, 2016 12:00, edited 173 times in total.

You can send me a TG. I won't mind.

"The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot." - Salvador Dali

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:04 am

Lost heros wrote:NAME: Jacque Duboir
GENERAL SKILLS: He has a good stamina. He also is good at naming plants and teas from their scent.
BIOGRAPHY: Jacque was born into a poor family of grape growers and wine makers. His father taught him everything he need to know about grapes and other plants, while his uncles taught him everything he needed to know about wine and other alcohols. Jacque loved learning about wine and labelled his wine making as a passion. He was the youngest of three brothers, but he was the only one of them to go to college. He attended a college in Paris where he dedicated his studies to improving the taste of wine. He graduated the college and returned to his family to use what he learned in college. While he was able to make a delicious wine, the family couldn't live off only their profits in France. He was sent to London to try to sell some Englishmn wine.

Declined. You need to be a detective, not a wine maker. Also, please choose a different first name. It's far too similar to my character's. :P

Ronationils wrote:NAME:
Kin Lonter AKA Shadow
NATIONALITY:
Chinese
EQUIPMENT:
He mainly uses his own skills in martial arts ,but if needed, he will use a katana and hidden revolver. He also has extra ammo as well as basic survival equipment (i.e. Tent and backup food supply). In addition, he has light armor that is used in martial arts against weapons. Finally, he has a small tool kit that he uses to fix and make weapons.
SPECIALTY:
Martial Arts. Kin is profoundly apt at Karate, Tae Kwan Do, Muay Thai, and Jujitsu. He is also quite skilled in Chinese Kenpo and Kung Fu. He uses these skills to do many things such as parkour and stealthy attacks. One of the main weaknesses of this skill is that it causes him to be very honorable. He will only fight an opponent fairly and will never hit a girl. Of course he can use Jujitsu throws against woman enemies but will not kill them.
GENERAL SKILLS:
Making machines or weapons. Kin was very skilled at making things since a young age. When he was young he was going to be an engineer before he stepped into the world of martial arts. He now uses his skills to make and sell weapons for money along his travels.
BIOGRAPHY:
Kin was born to a relatively middle class family in a downtown part of China. When he was young his parents hoped that he would be a genius like is older brother Sheiz. Unfortunately, in school, he was anything but a genius. All of the kids in his
APPEARANCE:
Shadow

Accepted when you finish the bio. Looks like it accidentally got cut off for whatever reason.

Lost heros
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost heros » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:11 am

Sentinel XV wrote:
Lost heros wrote:NAME: Jacque Duboir

Declined. You need to be a detective, not a wine maker. Also, please choose a different first name. It's far too similar to my character's. :P.

can he be a wine enthusiast?
Last edited by Lost Heros on Sun Mar 6, 2016 12:00, edited 173 times in total.

You can send me a TG. I won't mind.

"The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot." - Salvador Dali

Stedicules
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Stedicules » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:12 am

Sentinel XV wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Hey, Sentinel, let me just say this; I would hug you if that wasn't a.) impossible and b.) really fucking creepy.

I'll make an app soon.

Mm. Glad to have you. I've been watching the Sherlock Holmes movies as my friend let me borrow them. Couldn't help but think that the epicness of the movies would translate excellently into an RP.

that depends on the ppl u let in rly.
DOMINATED BY OBSESSION OF POWER AND LUST, LED BY UNWRITTEN RULES FROM CLINICAL BIRTH TO CLINICAL DEATH. ASK THE EPITHET OF GOD! IT STILL IS DECEPTION, NO IDEOLOGY, NO PROGRESS; NOTHING. THE WORLD IS SMOTHERED IN ABSURDITY.

Servoth
Senator

Founded: Nov 30, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Servoth » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:42 am

NAME: Henry Vanderhouse
NATIONALITY: American
EQUIPMENT: double-barrel shot gun (included ammo), doctor's bag (inside which is his tools and examining equipment), large format camera
SPECIALTY: Mechanical and electrical engineering
GENERAL SKILLS: High skilled in math and sciences, fondness for history, and is an excellent marksman. Henry also has a curiosity for the paranormal and photography.
BIOGRAPHY: Herny was born April 24th, 1857, in a small town of New Jersey to a upper-middle class family. His father was a train engineer, which sparked young Vanderhouse's interest in mechanics. Later when grown in 1887, after going to the New York Engineering College, Henry began working for Thomas Edison. And in 1893, Vanderhouse quit working for Edison and sided with Nikola Tesla and George Westinghouse in order to pull off lighting the World's Columbian Exposition. After the fair, Henry moved to the Western US, where he began investigating train robberies and derailments.
APPEARANCE: here
How did I get this gay?

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Lost heros wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:Declined. You need to be a detective, not a wine maker. Also, please choose a different first name. It's far too similar to my character's. :P.

can he be a wine enthusiast?

Yes, but that would be a terrible specialty. I see no way that it would help in an investigation.

Stedicules wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:Mm. Glad to have you. I've been watching the Sherlock Holmes movies as my friend let me borrow them. Couldn't help but think that the epicness of the movies would translate excellently into an RP.

that depends on the ppl u let in rly.

Yes, I know this.

Servoth wrote:NAME: Henry Vanderhouse
NATIONALITY: American
EQUIPMENT: double-barrel shot gun (included ammo), doctor's bag (inside which is his tools and examining equipment), large format camera
SPECIALTY: Mechanical and electrical engineering
GENERAL SKILLS: High skilled in math and sciences, fondness for history, and is an excellent marksman. Henry also has a curiosity for the paranormal and photography.
BIOGRAPHY: Herny was born April 24th, 1857, in a small town of New Jersey to a upper-middle class family. His father was a train engineer, which sparked young Vanderhouse's interest in mechanics. Later when grown in 1887, after going to the New York Engineering College, Henry began working for Thomas Edison. And in 1893, Vanderhouse quit working for Edison and sided with Nikola Tesla and George Westinghouse in order to pull off lighting the World's Columbian Exposition. After the fair, Henry moved to the Western US, where he began investigating train robberies and derailments.
APPEARANCE: here

Accepted. Nice bio, I like how you tied Edison and Tesla into it.

Servoth
Senator

Founded: Nov 30, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Servoth » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:Accepted. Nice bio, I like how you tied Edison and Tesla into it.

Thank you.
How did I get this gay?

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
Lost heros wrote:can he be a wine enthusiast?

Yes, but that would be a terrible specialty. I see no way that it would help in an investigation.[/qoute]

Well it would help us not him. We give him.a bunch of wine, he drinks it get him in jail for abit. Then let the other detectives do their job.
Last edited by New Roman Empire on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[/floatright][floatleft]

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:33 pm

New Roman Empire wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:

Yes, but that would be a terrible specialty. I see no way that it would help in an investigation.[/qoute]

Well it would help us not him. We give him.a bunch of wine, he drinks it get him in jail for abit. Then let the other detectives do their job.

I'll have to say no to that.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
New Roman Empire wrote:Yes, but that would be a terrible specialty. I see no way that it would help in an investigation.[/qoute]

I'll have to say no to that.

Sentinel, i was joking. But in all truth I think the only way that that would help in in a investigation is if a crime was in a bar. Which i doubt there would be any.
[/floatright][floatleft]

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:52 pm

New Roman Empire wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:I'll have to say no to that.

Sentinel, i was joking. But in all truth I think the only way that that would help in in a investigation is if a crime was in a bar. Which i doubt there would be any.

How many men do you know who would drink wine in a bar??? (And not get beaten up/thrown out)
Jormengand wrote:

Nice 3000'th post.

Keep it alive!

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:54 pm

The Blazing Aura wrote:
New Roman Empire wrote:Sentinel, i was joking. But in all truth I think the only way that that would help in in a investigation is if a crime was in a bar. Which i doubt there would be any.

How many men do you know who would drink wine in a bar??? (And not get beaten up/thrown out)

Not alot of people why?
[/floatright][floatleft]

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:00 pm

New Roman Empire wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:

Not alot of people why?

Wine isn't exactly the sort of thing men generally drink when they go into a bar. Especially if he was a gentlemen in this era, from what i know they would generally have something a bit stronger, like Whiskey (You may have to correct me here).
Jormengand wrote:

Nice 3000'th post.

Keep it alive!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse