NATION

PASSWORD

WWII RP (IC, Character RP, See Signups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Kyska
Envoy

Founded: May 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

WWII RP (IC, Character RP, See Signups)

Postby Kyska » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:43 pm

OOC NOTE: The OOC signup thread is at http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=183539

It is December, 1941. A mild, warm winter in the Hawaiian Islands for the Navy and Marines of the United States has begun. The world has been thrown into war. In Europe, the British and remnants of the French try to hold off Nazi Germany, who is now fighting with the Soviet Union. To the West of the US, in Asia, Japan is continuing its fight against the Chinese and Mongolians. There is much struggle as the European powers attempt to hold Japan off of their Pacific colonies. Japan is in need for oil and this explains why it has tried to expand. However, the US has embargoed Japan and the Japanese Imperial Army and Navy are slowly running out. They must now attack the US to keep them from interfering further in Japan's exploits. The date is the sixth...

The Russian People
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian People » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:52 am

Jeff had arrived on the 5th,and was assigned to station on the West Virginia.Even though he was part of the Marines,he was told to keep guard in case of anything.He walked up through the docks and saw the great boat."Beautiful." He sat his stuff down on the boards.It was a nice sunny day,and warm for December.He picked his stuff back up and entered the boat.He approached the engineer and asked him,"Where can i put my stuff?" The engineer pointed down the hallway and said,"In the barracks.3rd door on your right." He walked in and happily put his things on an empty bed.He walked out of the room and headed back up.The sun was still shining and the water was as calm as ever."This is going to be great",he said to himself.
NASCAR=Favorite Sport
Truex Jr. and Brian Vickers=My favorite drivers
Andy Biersack~<3
Also,"I'm gonna take your blood and replace it with my rabies infested blood and gain your knowledge of propane and propane accessories and take over the world!!" -Dale Gribble,King of The Hill
The Russian People is a Federal Republic,made for and by the citizens of the great country of Russia. In December 2011,Dimitri Petrenko and several other military commanders revolted against the regime of Vladimir Putin,ending a 6 year leadership. The new Russian government,called The Federal Republic of The Russian People, has endured great hardships since,but has once again come up on top.

The Lands of Ancient Egypt
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lands of Ancient Egypt » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:38 am

Danny Morris had been stationed at Pearl Harbour and arrived on the 6th of December 1941. He was assigned to 56th Infantry Division and was staying in the Barracks on the Island. He met most of his squad, who had already arrived. He later took a tour of all the big ships especially the Arizona as he hailed from that state. He was sure to have an interesting time on the Island.
I am a puppet of Den Svenska Riket

Nijholtpade
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nijholtpade » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:15 am

Scott Parker saw many squads walking by while he was doing some maintenance on the USS West Virginia. Then a man walked to him. From a distance he couldn't recognize him. Now when the man was closer he did see it was Major Garcia. "Your now in charge of the new enigeneer recruits". "Sir, yes sir". while thinking "Shit, why me?". But Major Garcia wasn't ready yet "you also are transferred to the Second platoon". "Looks its my lucky day".
Last edited by Nijholtpade on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:58 am

Corporal Neil Troester stood aboard the USS West Virginia, as a group of Marine Corps musicians began playing an upbeat, proud version of the Star Spangled Banner loudly across the ship, and carrying onto the USS Oklahoma, the ship it was moored next to.The corporal stood next to Sergeant Milock, one of the NCOs aboard the USS West Virginia. He stared at the privates that were lined up as the marine near the flag pole began raising the flag.

"Aten-hut!" he shouted, snapping into attention with a salute along with the rest of the sailors and marines on deck as the flag began slowly rising up the pole, flapping in the gentle breeze that blew from the warm Pacific Ocean into the harbor. It was a bright sunny day, and it was Sunday, but that didn't mean the ship's crew was going to screw around during the flag raising. The band finished playing as the flag reached the top of the pole. With this the assembled men dropped their salutes and slowly turned, walking down the deck as everyone dispersed, talking and laughing as they walked away.

The corporal stood to admire the flag for a minute before turning to lean over the railing of the ship and look down into the shallow waters of the harbor.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Kyska
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyska » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:14 am

Second Lieutenant Hoss Donovan walked towards the West Virginia. His platoon of Marines were stationed on the ship until some room at Kaneohe Bay. The day was sunny and warm. A good day for some swimming or football he guessed. The breeze silenced for a second as he called out "Second platoon, Third Regiment!" shouted the officer to the deck of the ship. The ship did an all call. "Second-Third report on dry dock for assembly with platoon leader."

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:19 am

At the call for Second Platoon, Third Regiment, Corporal Troester straightened up, snapping out of his dream-like state as he gazed down at the shallow Pearl Harbor waters. Immediately he began walking quickly down the decks of the West Virginia, and calling out for the private he'd seen earlier. "MANONE! I'm sure you heard, get to the dry dock, double time!" he shouted as he began making his way down to the docks, and there stood the Lieutenant. Neil saluted him.

"Morning sir." he said, dropping his salute and standing next to the leader of the platoon.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

The Russian People
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian People » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:27 am

Jeff was startled,nearly falling overboard."Oh,sorry.I'll be there!" He took off running until he reached them."Sir." he said,saluting.He was excited about this,finally getting with the group.As he stood there,he continued to gaze at the sun blazing across the ocean.It was just matching the sea as it barely kicked up any rough sea.The wind felt great.He turned his attention back to the Lieutenant and put his hand down to his side.
NASCAR=Favorite Sport
Andy Biersack~<3
Also,"I'm gonna take your blood and replace it with my rabies infested blood and gain your knowledge of propane and propane accessories and take over the world!!" -Dale Gribble,King of The Hill
The Russian People is a Federal Republic,made for and by the citizens of the great country of Russia. In December 2011,Dimitri Petrenko and several other military commanders revolted against the regime of Vladimir Putin,ending a 6 year leadership. The new Russian government,called The Federal Republic of The Russian People, has endured great hardships since,but has once again come up on top.

The Capital Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Capital Commonwealth » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:32 am

December 7th, 1941 - Wake Island, North Pacific Ocean
Gunnery Sergeant Chester Mathers - 1st Marine Defense Battalion

Mathers sat in his fighting hole, reading the book, "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck. His hole, an M1918 Browning machine gun mounted into the sun-dried dirt above, overlooked the coast of Wake, the emplacement's traverse beaming down on the glowing sands and deep, blue ocean. The Sergeant had laid his combat blouse on the ground above him, basking in the sun and revealing the five inch long scar he had received during bayonet training in 34'. Across from him was his M1 Garand which he had "requisitioned" from a U.S. Army unit before shipping out from San Diego. While the rest of the 1st Defense Battalion were armed with the antiquated M1903 Springfields, Mathers could enjoy the relative luxury of owning the most advanced rifle on the island. His holster, which he had grabbed off of the desk of a Navy Commander's desk at Pearl Harbor on his way to being shipped to Wake, held an M1911 Colt, complete with a solid mahogany grip. The bastard thought he was George Patton. A bandolier holding several clips of .30-06 ammunition laid beside that, and next to that, a pile of books. Great Expectations, The Grapes of Wrath, The New Testament; light reading.

Past his position was the airfield, full of the loud-mouths from the VMA-211 and their Wildcats. You could hear the faint call of the pilots' cadences as they ran around the base. "Army an' Navy were uh not for me... Tank Corps was just too easy... what I need was a little bit more... I need a life that is hardcore."

"Friggin' fly boys." Mathers thought to himself. "Hallucinating from the lack of oxygen in their cockpits."

The sun was gazing upon the base. Heat waves were visible, reflecting off of the runway. Streaks of light shot out from the anti-aircraft guns embedded into the Earth. Paradise.
Last edited by The Capital Commonwealth on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nijholtpade
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nijholtpade » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:37 am

Scott heard the scream of the officer, and began running to the deck. He stands for his recruits he'd never meeted. He still was a little bit confused about the news. Till the officer began talking

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:25 am

The Russian People wrote:Jeff was startled,nearly falling overboard."Oh,sorry.I'll be there!" He took off running until he reached them."Sir." he said,saluting.He was excited about this,finally getting with the group.As he stood there,he continued to gaze at the sun blazing across the ocean.It was just matching the sea as it barely kicked up any rough sea.The wind felt great.He turned his attention back to the Lieutenant and put his hand down to his side.

"Sorry won't cut it if we're in battle and we need your ass in formation." he said, gazing over at Jeff as he fell in with him and the lieutenant. True, Corporal Troester was like this with all of the new recruits, but it was more because he wanted to get them in tip-top shape for battle during peace time than anything. If one private was to die because he was a little soft on them, he wouldn't let himself live that down.

Kyska
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyska » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:36 pm

"Attention!" The lieutenant screamed. He looked at this group of new Marines...Out of order, clothes not ship-shape, still talking even during basic roll call.

The Lands of Ancient Egypt
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lands of Ancient Egypt » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:44 pm

"Seargant Morris, you are being transferred to the Marine unit on the USS West Vigrinia. You better hurry, they are starting roll call." Said Colonel Roggers. "Yes sir." Sgt. Morris replied. He ran to the West Virginia just in time for roll call.
I am a puppet of Den Svenska Riket

Den Svenska Riket
Ambassador

Founded: May 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Den Svenska Riket » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Private First Class Gudbrand Krister was on the last ship into Pearl Harbour. He arrived late on the 6th of December and was assigned to the Marine unit on the West Virginia were he met the rest of his squad and a fellow machinegunner, Danny Morris. He arrived just in time for roll call. "Here!" He yelled.
My IC name is The Swedish Empire
I am not Swedish, I am American

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Den svenska riket wrote:Private First Class Gudbrand Krister was on the last ship into Pearl Harbour. He arrived late on the 6th of December and was assigned to the Marine unit on the West Virginia were he met the rest of his squad and a fellow machinegunner, Danny Morris. He arrived just in time for roll call. "Here!" He yelled.

The corporal crossed his arms, gazing over at the private that had arrived just in time not to miss roll call. He shook his head slowly. "This isn't kindergarten class private, this is the Marine Corps! The response is 'Aye, sir.'" he said, lowering his arms from their crossed state once more and putting them down to his sides, standing in attention before the lieutenant.

Den Svenska Riket
Ambassador

Founded: May 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Den Svenska Riket » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:04 pm

"Aye sire, sorry sir. Won't happen again sir" The Private apologizes.
My IC name is The Swedish Empire
I am not Swedish, I am American

Nijholtpade
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nijholtpade » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Warrent officer Parker shook his head disapoited by the new recruits. "First they want me to teach childeren and now i a back at kindergarder this day is getting better and better".

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:26 pm

Kyska wrote:"Attention!" The lieutenant screamed. He looked at this group of new Marines...Out of order, clothes not ship-shape, still talking even during basic roll call.

After most of the Marines had reported in for roll call, Corporal Troester frowned sligtly, turning to the lieutenant with a salute. "I believe that's all sir, except for one, a Private Cody Seale. He's not here, and I didn't see him in the ship, sir." he said, bringing back down his posture as he released his salute. If I find him I might take a strip out of his hide... he thought, shaking his head slightly as he usually did when thinking of the new recruits.
Last edited by Lancearc on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Coldan Kerplakian
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Coldan Kerplakian » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Cody was asleep in the cafeteria in the ship, he must have slept when he finished his food and put his head down and they really didn't bother you unless they needed a seat. He still had no idea, why, they would assign a sniper to a boat. It seemed quite stupid. Cody dreamed of drinking Coca-Cola, he loved the taste of it. Any time he was on leave, he will always purchase a can of Cola. The laughing of a man awoke Cody, he realized his empty plate was missing, and that he needed to report to his CO.

Cody knew he would get in serious trouble, if he was too late. He met the stairs, cautiously and expertly climbing up them. Out came the sunlight, beaming down on him. Cody had noticed the line of Marines, he jogged to the Second Lieutenant.

" Private Seale, reporting for duty, sir!"
Cody reported, hopefully he wasn't going to be in trouble.
Last edited by God on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, edited infinite times in total.

Never turn your back on your friends, because they might stab you there when you need them the most.

Life's like a highway, you either move on or your screwed.

Factbook coming out soon!

Sergeant of 1st Calvary Regiment of the Max Barryan army!

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Neil frowned slightly as he saw the new private that was late for roll call rushing towards them in a quick jog, happy that at least he was trying to be on time for the roll call. However, the corporal still maintained his frown. "Private, you're a little late today, better late than never. So, what was keepin' you boy, I hope you were late because you were fighting off hordes of Nazis on your way here." he said, staring at the private who'd joined the lineup.
Last edited by Lancearc on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Coldan Kerplakian
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Coldan Kerplakian » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Cody felt guilty when he asked why he was late.
"No, sir...I"
Silence began to grow, he decided to break it.
"I was sleeping in the cafeteria."
He confessed, feeling slightly better about the situation.
"I apologize for my carelessness."
Hopefully, since he was honest he wouldn't take to much of a punishment.
Last edited by God on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, edited infinite times in total.

Never turn your back on your friends, because they might stab you there when you need them the most.

Life's like a highway, you either move on or your screwed.

Factbook coming out soon!

Sergeant of 1st Calvary Regiment of the Max Barryan army!

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:51 pm

New Coldan Kerplakian wrote:Cody felt guilty when he asked why he was late.
"No, sir...I"
Silence began to grow, he decided to break it.
"I was sleeping in the cafeteria."
He confessed, feeling slightly better about the situation.
"I apologize for my carelessness."
Hopefully, since he was honest he wouldn't take to much of a punishment.

Corporal Troester shook his head once more. He was doing that a lot with this group. "Private, as I'm not the lieutenant I can't rightly punish you right now, but I'd suggest grabbing a little more coffee when we're in the field, because the enemy doesn't like to play fair and they'll get you asleep in your foxhole every day of the week of you give them a chance." he said, frowning slightly. "Better late than never I suppose." he muttered.
Last edited by Lancearc on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyska
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyska » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:15 pm

"Very well. Who is my 2IC?" Asked Hoss as he looked about those that scorned the late recruits. "Front and center!" he shouted. He had hoped everyone was here.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:18 pm

Kyska wrote:"Very well. Who is my 2IC?" Asked Hoss as he looked about those that scorned the late recruits. "Front and center!" he shouted. He had hoped everyone was here.

"Seeing as how we have a warrant officer on hand sir," he spoke as he held his hands behind his back in a formal fashion, "I believe Parker would be, sir." he said, gazing over at the Warrant Officer as he finished speaking to the platoon leader and stepped backwards, joining the formation that was coming to be in front of the lieutenant.

The Russian People
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian People » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Jeff was looking off at the ocean as the Corporal and the Lieutenant barked at his fellow marines.He pulled out a piece of paper and and a pencil and started writing.The paper already had a half page of writing on it.He began writing:
It's pretty great here,though.I've seen the squad and met the commanding officers.They're not the nicest guys you'll ever meet,but,I can't wait to serve with them.It's pretty quiet now,well,nature wise.The sun's starting to set and the sky is getting darker.I hope you guys have a great time back home.Tell Jamie that I said that I love her and miss her.Miss you guys,too,a lot.Mom,take care of everyone and keep their bellies full.Dad,keep winning.You'll get that championship.And Crystal,make sure to get straight A's.
I love you guys.
Pearl Harbor Hawaii aboard the USS West Virginia.
December 6th,1941
Last edited by The Russian People on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NASCAR=Favorite Sport
Andy Biersack~<3

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse