NATION

PASSWORD

Elder Scrolls: The Great War (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vahvanti
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Sun May 27, 2012 3:26 am

"Leyawiin has already been captured?" Niniel asked in disappointment. "Is this something to do with the 'Thalmor' issue I keep hearing about? The level of racism I've been putting up with in Cyrodiil has become ridiculous."
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Sun May 27, 2012 3:45 am

New Endenia wrote:Enelya looked around to see her images all shatter at the roar of this...dragon like image. She faded away from Antonius and re-appeared a distance away. She studied the image that had form in front of her. She gave a manic grin as she layered on her most powerful wards and shields on herself. "Oh this is just too good to be true. You are simply too fascinating to kil now." She stopped and considered the situation in front of her. She was powerful, but possibly not powerful enough to destroy this....thing infront of her. She sheathed her sword back into her scabbard, "Gods? I believe in no Gods at all. I only believe in myself now. And now I'm just so curious as to what this...thing is in front of me." She stood and studied the Marshall.

"Fine. I shall tame it."

Her body glowed with purple and green energies as she embraced the arcane might, channelling it all within her. "Bind it." She snapped her fingers and sent tendrils of energy around Antonius, wrapping around the Marshall and the blue creature. "Crush him." The tendrils tightened around Antonius and crackled as it attempted to bind the blue manifestation.

The dragon gave out a roar as the tendrils surrounded it, dramatically shaking about. It attempted to bite, roar and swing Enelya, but at no hope, for Enelya's wards were good enough for a weakened Dragon. Antonius absorbed the tendrils directed at him, the blue, purple and black energies surrounding as he continued to kneel. Suddenly, those energies entered him and white turned to a glowing red. An echo of a laugh could be heard throughout the sky. The Dragon broke free from the tendrils and flew high into the sky, roaring as it gained it's 'breath' back. The dragon then shattered into pieces of energy orbs, which flew high above the sky. The energy exited Antonius and from him he was once again a glowing white. A white wave encircled Antonius and pushed out towards towards the side. Antnoius had absorbed all potential damage and his own anger and projected this into this wave. It began to push out, leaving Enelya little room to run.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sun May 27, 2012 4:48 am

Vahvanti wrote:"Leyawiin has already been captured?" Niniel asked in disappointment. "Is this something to do with the 'Thalmor' issue I keep hearing about? The level of racism I've been putting up with in Cyrodiil has become ridiculous."

"Indeed Bosmer, the Elven wizards have captured the town and, as you may have noticed up the road, we are simply preparing for a long and bloody siege of Bravil." he informed them, swaying his tail from right to left. "My friend and I were just about to get heading in that direction for a scouting mission on the Aldmeri's outer perimeter, but...the farthest we've been is a few miles from the gate." Jo'Rak nodded.

"And as for anything you've heard from anyone, we're all very tense and angry at the Elves right now, though some don't remember which ones we're fighting." he said with a frown, though the Khajiit's gentle voice betrayed no anger except for the slightest hint of it.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Spetznaz Assault Teams
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Spetznaz Assault Teams » Sun May 27, 2012 8:10 am

Benyamin Do'urden
The Dark Brotherhood
Road to Leyawiin

Benyamin snarled at the two, his face full of fury.

"If you value your pathetic lives, you will let us pass you insufferable highwaymen." Benyamin's Lieutenant already had an arrow to her bow, and it's gleaming tip was pointed at the Khajit's forehead. Athrogate's morningstars were spinning as his "battle pony" danced from hoof to hoof, seeming eager to run down the Norn.

The Lieutenant's mind reached out to the Norn, and seized him in a telekinetic grasp. Now, the Norn could do nothing without the Lieutenant's willing it. Kina Petnea, as the Lieutenant's name was, took an especially perverted pleasure in breaking the minds and wills of her opponents. Many psionists were the same way.
Last edited by The God Emperor on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, infinitely many times in total.

Spetznaz Assault Teams wrote:Tis I! Spetz!

And yes, Len is me and I am Len. Toodles!

New Endenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby New Endenia » Sun May 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Enelya watched in silence as the tendrils she cast shatter through the sheer force of will of the Marshall and the Dragon image. She calmly layered on her strongest wards as she watches the energy wave approaches her. "Really?"

The wave hit her and shattered layer after layer of her wards and barriers, she stumbled back a few steps as she observes her wards failing, she was in no imminent danger yet. Enelya faded away as the last layer of her ward fell apart, leaving an after image of her there which soon shattered like glass. She appeared behind Antonius with her black sword drawn again. "Very impressive. Not many have been able to strip my shields without some enchanted weaponry. Fascinating, truly fascinating. I highly doubt I can beat you now. You can kill me now if you want, I believe you have the ability and power to destroy me here but if you do, there will be no one who will stop the Thalmor invasion. I am the only one who can stop the invasion....If I choose to."

Enelya sheathed her sword back into her scabbard. "Fine. We can talk or we can end it now."
The Reformed Republic of New Endenia
Peace. Order. Progress.
| Factbook | Embassy Exchange | Newswire | Link |

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon May 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Spetznaz Assault Teams wrote:Benyamin Do'urden
The Dark Brotherhood
Road to Leyawiin

Benyamin snarled at the two, his face full of fury.

"If you value your pathetic lives, you will let us pass you insufferable highwaymen." Benyamin's Lieutenant already had an arrow to her bow, and it's gleaming tip was pointed at the Khajit's forehead. Athrogate's morningstars were spinning as his "battle pony" danced from hoof to hoof, seeming eager to run down the Norn.

The Lieutenant's mind reached out to the Norn, and seized him in a telekinetic grasp. Now, the Norn could do nothing without the Lieutenant's willing it. Kina Petnea, as the Lieutenant's name was, took an especially perverted pleasure in breaking the minds and wills of her opponents. Many psionists were the same way.

The Khajiit soldiers flashed back an equally furious snarl, gazing at the horsemen. "And if you value your own, I'd suggest not insulting a member of the Imperial Legion, unless you want to take on a whole camp of the best trained soldiers in Cyrodiil." he said, nodding down the road. He noticed the other rider's magic, but paid little heed to it. The Khajiit thought little of sorcery anyway. It was a coward's way of war. "You may be on your way, and I hope with all of my being that I never lay eyes upon you again, Breton trash."
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Spetznaz Assault Teams
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Spetznaz Assault Teams » Mon May 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Benyamin Do'urden
The Dark Brotherhood
Road to Leyawiin

Benyamin laughed at the Khajiit.

"The best trained soldiers? Hah! I've seen first year apprentices who could waltz through this pathetic group with nary a scratch. Watch your tongue when you speak to your betters." He spat on the ground in front of the soldier.

"Hya!" He yelled, jabbing his spurs into the side of his horse, which galloped off. Petnea followed suit, leaving a little mental present in the Norn. He would slowly degenerate into madness, given two or three hours. Athrogate spun his morninstars and laughed.

"Fer sure if the furry's are worried, then we're around!" He gave another of his 'bwahahahas' and rode off.

Benyamin Do'urden
The Dark Brotherhood
Leyawiin

Benyamin's horse slowed to a walk as they entered the city. The group took a few twists and turns, before arriving at a nondescript house. A woman opened it, gazed at them, and nodded slowly.

"Stable is around back. Get in quickly." Benyamin, Petnea, and Athrogate stabled their horses and quickly entered the house. The woman, Illna Letnea, put a kettle on the fire.

"She's in the dungeon under the captured palace. I took the liberty of getting you a map" Which Illna thrust at the four. "Dawn is the best time for a raid. You know why."

Benyamin nodded. "At dawn then."
Last edited by The God Emperor on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, infinitely many times in total.

Spetznaz Assault Teams wrote:Tis I! Spetz!

And yes, Len is me and I am Len. Toodles!

Vahvanti
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Mon May 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Niniel was shocked. She couldn't find any better word to describe her view of the past minute.

It all happened so fast. For one moment, Niniel was asking a Khajit of the situation in Leyawiin. In the next moment, she was hurled off Artemis's horse as the trio rode away.

"ARTEMIS!" the Bosmer called out to the mysterious man, but he had already disappeared.

Now on her posterior without horse nor direction, Niniel didn't know where else to go for some decent work.

So this is Cyrodiil, is it? she thought to herself.
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon May 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Vahvanti wrote:Niniel was shocked. She couldn't find any better word to describe her view of the past minute.

It all happened so fast. For one moment, Niniel was asking a Khajit of the situation in Leyawiin. In the next moment, she was hurled off Artemis's horse as the trio rode away.

"ARTEMIS!" the Bosmer called out to the mysterious man, but he had already disappeared.

Now on her posterior without horse nor direction, Niniel didn't know where else to go for some decent work.

So this is Cyrodiil, is it? she thought to herself.

Jo'Rak frowned, watching the men and strange women bound off in the direction of Leyawiin without a care. He gazed towards Hakiig, who seemed to be entranced with something. He waved a paw in front of his Nord friend's eyes, but he just stared straight ahead. He gazed towards the Wood Elf that had been thrown to the ground in the confusion, and walked towards her, holding out a hand to help her off of the ground. "It would seem that your visit to this province is not so enjoyable." he said, retracting his claws and waving his tail ever so slightly.

Vahvanti
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Mon May 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Niniel grabbed the Khajit's hand as she was hoisted up.

"I think everyone in Tamriel would know that if they were here..." she said, managing a chuckle or two. "I've been here for nearly two days now and I still haven't got a decent offer for any quests. I've been trying to sell these wolf heads on the side, but that just got me into a lethal bar brawl."

"You and your friend look like you have it better, sera," Niniel commented.
Last edited by Vahvanti on Mon May 28, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon May 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Vahvanti wrote:Niniel grabbed the Khajit's hand as she was hoisted up.

"I think everyone in Tamriel would know that if they were here..." she said, managing a chuckle or two. "I've been here for nearly two days now and I still haven't got a decent offer for any quests. I've been trying to sell these wolf heads on the side, but that just got me into a lethal bar brawl."

"You and your friend look like you have it better, sera," Niniel commented.

Jo'Rak nodded. "Considering all of the things the Aldmeri Dominion has done, anyone can take whatever excuse they can find to beat up on the Elven citizens." he said, gazing down the road the others had galloped and then back to the Bosmer woman. "As for me and my friend, I wouldn't say it's much better, considering the danger," he said, nodding towards his severely scorched arm, the fur on which was growing back slowly, "but the Legion will provide. A good deal for what they expect from you." he finished. He gazed at the wolf heads. "It seems that the huntress smiles upon you, despite your hardships.
Last edited by Lancearc on Mon May 28, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vahvanti
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Mon May 28, 2012 11:08 pm

"Really?" Niniel replied. "But I'm not a hunter by profe- Oh... You must be referring to the wolf heads, right?"

"Well, I'm perfectly willing to give them up for free if you can tell me where I can get some good work around here."
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon May 28, 2012 11:22 pm

Vahvanti wrote:"Really?" Niniel replied. "But I'm not a hunter by profe- Oh... You must be referring to the wolf heads, right?"

"Well, I'm perfectly willing to give them up for free if you can tell me where I can get some good work around here."

"I know of few independent adventurers offering work, and of those they are in the far reaches of Elsweyr, wandering here and there. Very hard to find without a Khajiit experienced with the deserts. Other than those nomads, there is the Dominion," he raised his left arm, pointing towards Leyawiin, "and the Legion." he finished, pointing his right arm towards Bravil.

"Almost anything any adventurers do now is watched or stopped by those two armies. It's a war for everyone, and everyone must choose which side they think will save the world, or is the lesser of two evils."

Vahvanti
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Mon May 28, 2012 11:48 pm

Niniel tossed the wolf heads to Jo'Rak. "You deserve this," she said to him.

"Now, you wouldn't mind me asking you to lead me to the Legion, do you? I'm not sure what I might be doing in any town of this 'Aldmeri Dominion', and they sound like a really unpleasant bunch if you're to be believed."
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon May 28, 2012 11:54 pm

Vahvanti wrote:Niniel tossed the wolf heads to Jo'Rak. "You deserve this," she said to him.

"Now, you wouldn't mind me asking you to lead me to the Legion, do you? I'm not sure what I might be doing in any town of this 'Aldmeri Dominion', and they sound like a really unpleasant bunch if you're to be believed."

Jo'Rak nodded. "Of course, we need all the help we could possibly get after what happened at Leyawiin. And being unpleasant would be honoring them, they are much more than that. I've had the misfortune of meeting with their leader, and let's just say that I'm lucky to even be standing here telling you about it." he said. He gazed back at Hakiig, seeing that he was still in his trance-like state. He walked over to him, picking him up over his shoulder in a fireman-like carry. It was a bit comical, just like last time he did it, the small and slender Khajiit hefting the bulking form of the Nord. He slung the wolf heads over his shoulder and nodded to the Bosmer. "Much appreciated. Follow me, and we shall be there shortly." he said, heading down the road towards the rickety shack town of Bravil.

As they walk, Jo'Rak said, "You know, I don't believe I've even asked of your name, friend." He looked towards the Wood Elf.
Last edited by Lancearc on Tue May 29, 2012 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vahvanti
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Tue May 29, 2012 2:06 am

"I haven't?" Niniel said. "... Oh, right! Sorry!"

"I'm Niniel, of Betony in High Rock." she said as she extended her hand towards Jo'Rak. She quickly pulled it back when she noticed his hands were full with his comatose Nord friend.

"I remember you called yourself 'Jo'Rak', but you didn't introduce your friend here."
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue May 29, 2012 8:04 am

Vahvanti wrote:"I haven't?" Niniel said. "... Oh, right! Sorry!"

"I'm Niniel, of Betony in High Rock." she said as she extended her hand towards Jo'Rak. She quickly pulled it back when she noticed his hands were full with his comatose Nord friend.

"I remember you called yourself 'Jo'Rak', but you didn't introduce your friend here."

"Well Niniel, this bear of a Nord is Hakiig Shield-Smasher, and he's obviously in the Legion as well." he said, motioning with his head towards the armor they both wore. "And I'm afraid that your previous traveling companions have done something to...addle his mind, or something along those lines. He's acting quite strange." he finished, as smoke began coming over the horizon from the direction they were walking. They were getting close to the Imperial Legion's camp outside of Bravil.

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Tue May 29, 2012 9:30 am

New Endenia wrote:Enelya watched in silence as the tendrils she cast shatter through the sheer force of will of the Marshall and the Dragon image. She calmly layered on her strongest wards as she watches the energy wave approaches her. "Really?"

The wave hit her and shattered layer after layer of her wards and barriers, she stumbled back a few steps as she observes her wards failing, she was in no imminent danger yet. Enelya faded away as the last layer of her ward fell apart, leaving an after image of her there which soon shattered like glass. She appeared behind Antonius with her black sword drawn again. "Very impressive. Not many have been able to strip my shields without some enchanted weaponry. Fascinating, truly fascinating. I highly doubt I can beat you now. You can kill me now if you want, I believe you have the ability and power to destroy me here but if you do, there will be no one who will stop the Thalmor invasion. I am the only one who can stop the invasion....If I choose to."

Enelya sheathed her sword back into her scabbard. "Fine. We can talk or we can end it now."

Antonius suddenly fell to the ground, collapsing like a ragged doll. The energy surrounding him entered his body. The Marshall turned purple, with a black core at the centre. His eyes did the same; a black core, surrounded by purple. He stood up again and hovered about 10 cm off the ground. A tremor could be felt on the ground - not just in the forest but all across the County of Leyawiin. It weren't particularly strong, but everyone within Leyawiin would had felt it.

"Some call me a Demon" Antonius bellowed, in a deep voice which shook the forest. "Some fear me, ever vigilant after the events of 200 years ago. Your spells are useless against me mortal; try as you might, you won't be able to defeat me. I am Hermaeis Mora; I am Daedra. It wasn't Antonius who summoned you - it was I. I made him aware of you, for I am the Keeper of Knowledge and Antonius is my Champion - perhaps the greatest since the Hero of Cyrodiil himself. But his time is coming up; I seek a replacement. I see you Enelya, your ambition; you are loyal to no one but yourself. You have no Gods, just yourself. I like that; Antonius is a worshipper, one who hides his worship of I in fear of reprisal from all of Tamriel. I gave him is gifts, for he has helped me. All I ask for is your help. No loyalty, no worship. In turn, I shall help you - once you've proven yourself by helping me and then slaying Antonius to take his place. I have protected and aided him long enough now. Now it is your turn. I will return to you when the time is right; but tell me, what is it that you out of me?"
Last edited by Wolfmanne on Tue May 29, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 29, 2012 3:45 pm

In less than a day, Isratial and his Mage collegues had reached the heavily fortified and garrisoned Bravil. After one too many minutes of security checks with the guards at the makeshift barricades in front of the gate, Isratial finally gained access to the City, which had been practically transformed into a huge barracks. Houses were being used as accommodation, almost every metre of spare ground had been converted to benefit training one day, and every shop had altered itself to benefit the legion as much as possible. After being directed to his new quarters east of the canal, Isratial finally settled into the tiny bedroll he had been allocated in a muggy room with about twenty other men. Wearisome from the day's events, He turned in for a moment's sleep.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue May 29, 2012 4:39 pm

The Khajiit, incapacitated Nord and their new found Bosmer companion eventually made their way to Bravil, and busy it was, as soldiers rushed around setting up fortifications, cooking meals, some of the Imperial Captains and Legates giving orders, and an overall mass of tasks being completed. This time, Jo'Rak noticed, the smell of mud crab was replaced by well-seasoned venison, a much more pleasant smell. He squinted, spotting Captain Antioch's white steed inside of the city, near the front.

"Welcome to the Legion, don't expect a good reception, especially considering you're an elf being led into camp by an Imperial soldier, and even more so because we come from the direction of Leyawiin. I'll try to keep away from what trouble we can."
Last edited by Lancearc on Tue May 29, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vahvanti
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Tue May 29, 2012 8:11 pm

"That would be appreciated," Niniel replied. "But I can't always expect the best. The people I've been meeting in Cyrodiil are always looking to get into a fight at the first opportu- Oof!"

The bosmer accidentally bumped shoulders with a Nord, whose muscles were much better defined than Hakiig's. Unlike Hakiig, though, this Nord could react.

"Oooh, so the pointy ear thinks she's tough now, is it?" he said. "You have a lot of nerve to be walking through a town for men."
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Terripin
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terripin » Tue May 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Imperial City, Cyrodill
Telindar's research had finally payed off. Through numerous documents concerning Masser and Secunda to dwelving in his own published work, Commentaries on the Void Nights that interviewed over a hundred mages, citizens, and mystics on the disappearance of the moons years ago. He had spent 70 years in countless dead ends and now he had finally confirmed it.
Except he had finished too late. If the Thalmor ever were sucessful in destroying the Empire they would not cease to chase him down to the ends of Tamriel. For his work itself decried the Thalmor as opportunists if not the schemers themself. Telindar's entire book was written on the theory that the moons did not really disappear, but a band of masters in alteration and illusion magic had come together to hide the moons. His theory stated that the Thalmor were a likely suspect of such a crime. They had the ability and had many reasons to do so such as to gain the favor of the Kahjit.
He left his original copy in his desk and began to take a break by walking around the city. Being so close to finishing he decided that he had earned it.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue May 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Jo'Rak stopped, frowning at the Nord who'd Niniel had run into. He dropped the wolf heads and laid Hakiig onto the ground, stepping in front of the Nord. He hardly even came up to his chest, but he gazed up at him in a tight frown. "I'd suggest you'd move along, friend. We're all in the same army here. Besides, we don't want any trouble, and neither do you." he said, frowning a bit more as he let the subtle threat get across to the hulking Nord soldier that stood in front of them. The Khajiit pushed out his claws slightly, waiting for either the Nord to move along, retort with a smart comment or throw a wild punch. Either way, Jo'Rak was prepared to respond accordingly to his actions.
Last edited by Lancearc on Tue May 29, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vahvanti
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Tue May 29, 2012 10:01 pm

"Scurry off, kitty! This is none of your business!" the Nord snapped back before pushing to the side. "You should know better than to let this mer in and let her give away our secrets to the Thalmor."

The man then walked over to Niniel, his fists clenched. "As for you, you should know better than to walk about Bravil like you know the Count! You don't leave now and I'll have to make you understand why your kind shouldn't be walking at all..."
Last edited by Vahvanti on Tue May 29, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue May 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Jo'Rak snarled and revealed his razor like claws, digging them into the Nord man's arm flesh and throwing him backwards away from the Bosmer he seemed so intent on badgering, with an impressive feat of strength from his small Khajiit frame. He gazed towards the Nord, keeping on finger with a claw at the end like a dagger to the man's throat. "If you want to question my motives and the Elf's, then you're more than welcome to on your own time, but right now you're wasting my time, and I don't like wasting time that could be spent knocking hulking brutes like you down a peg or two. I don't think you want me to replicate that injury across your entire body." he said, nodding towards the deep gashes that were lined in a row along both of the Nord's arms.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse