NATION

PASSWORD

1864 (Schleswig War) RP (OOC, Signup)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:37 am

It's interesting how when it's about Denmark, everyone is worrying that it will be unfair, but when unrealistically, the rest of the European great powers turn against the Germans, nobody says anything.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Sjealand
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sjealand » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:46 am

Tracian Empire wrote:It's interesting how when it's about Denmark, everyone is worrying that it will be unfair, but when unrealistically, the rest of the European great powers turn against the Germans, nobody says anything.

Im literally joking. Jesus you and the other complain whenever someone is against you. Relax man its an rp. If someone want to be on someones side then let them. Ive almost only seen you post

These people apparently support denmark even though they shouldnt. And you say stuff is unrealistic whenever you dont like it but if its unrealistic and you like it then its fine.

What im trying to achieve is an rp that is somewhat equal and that wont just be a one-sided push for the one side but im not sure thats what you want...

Veleaz wrote:
Veleaz wrote:Three fronts if France allies with us

No! FOUR FRONTS!

I think France allying with that many against the germans would probably upset the british and spanish though. It kind of upsets the balance of the congress of vienna
Last edited by Sjealand on Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:26 am

Sjealand wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It's interesting how when it's about Denmark, everyone is worrying that it will be unfair, but when unrealistically, the rest of the European great powers turn against the Germans, nobody says anything.

Im literally joking. Jesus you and the other complain whenever someone is against you. Relax man its an rp. If someone want to be on someones side then let them. Ive almost only seen you post

These people apparently support denmark even though they shouldnt. And you say stuff is unrealistic whenever you dont like it but if its unrealistic and you like it then its fine.

What im trying to achieve is an rp that is somewhat equal and that wont just be a one-sided push for the one side but im not sure thats what you want...

Veleaz wrote:No! FOUR FRONTS!

I think France allying with that many against the germans would probably upset the british and spanish though. It kind of upsets the balance of the congress of vienna

No, I am saying that stuff is unrealistic when it is unrealistic. Russia is on a crash course like, but if its player wants to go to war against two other great powers, okay, his choice, but he'll suffer the consequences. But France? Italy? France is in the middle of their Mexican adventure, and Napoleon III has widespread internal opposition. Italy is still young, with many people opposing the unification, and with a rebellion in the south of their country. It's unrealistic for them to enter what is already huge and dangerous. More than that, the conflict degenerating would upset the balance of the congress, and it would obviously bring Britain and Spain in too.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Sjealand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sjealand » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:31 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Sjealand wrote:Im literally joking. Jesus you and the other complain whenever someone is against you. Relax man its an rp. If someone want to be on someones side then let them. Ive almost only seen you post

No, I am saying that stuff is unrealistic when it is unrealistic. Russia is on a crash course like, but if its player wants to go to war against two other great powers, okay, his choice, but he'll suffer the consequences. But France? Italy? France is in the middle of their Mexican adventure, and Napoleon III has widespread internal opposition. Italy is still young, with many people opposing the unification, and with a rebellion in the south of their country. It's unrealistic for them to enter what is already huge and dangerous. More than that, the conflict degenerating would upset the balance of the congress, and it would obviously bring Britain and Spain in too.

Well shouldnt they be allowed to do whatever they want? Frances mission just means they number of troops they can field will be minor.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:32 am

Sjealand wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:No, I am saying that stuff is unrealistic when it is unrealistic. Russia is on a crash course like, but if its player wants to go to war against two other great powers, okay, his choice, but he'll suffer the consequences. But France? Italy? France is in the middle of their Mexican adventure, and Napoleon III has widespread internal opposition. Italy is still young, with many people opposing the unification, and with a rebellion in the south of their country. It's unrealistic for them to enter what is already huge and dangerous. More than that, the conflict degenerating would upset the balance of the congress, and it would obviously bring Britain and Spain in too.

Well shouldnt they be allowed to do whatever they want? Frances mission just means they number of troops they can field will be minor.

Because it doesn't make sense? Because the French people will be at Napoleon's throat? He's more than free to do it, but we must consider the consequences.

Sjealand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sjealand » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Sjealand wrote:Well shouldnt they be allowed to do whatever they want? Frances mission just means they number of troops they can field will be minor.

Because it doesn't make sense? Because the French people will be at Napoleon's throat? He's more than free to do it, but we must consider the consequences.

You didnt say that when you wanted him to support you. Why is it realism only matters when it will affect german negatively

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:44 am

Sjealand wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Because it doesn't make sense? Because the French people will be at Napoleon's throat? He's more than free to do it, but we must consider the consequences.

You didnt say that when you wanted him to support you. Why is it realism only matters when it will affect german negatively

I never wanted him to support me. All I wanted was a friendly neutrality, which wouldn't have much effect internally.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:04 am

Sjealand wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:No, I am saying that stuff is unrealistic when it is unrealistic. Russia is on a crash course like, but if its player wants to go to war against two other great powers, okay, his choice, but he'll suffer the consequences. But France? Italy? France is in the middle of their Mexican adventure, and Napoleon III has widespread internal opposition. Italy is still young, with many people opposing the unification, and with a rebellion in the south of their country. It's unrealistic for them to enter what is already huge and dangerous. More than that, the conflict degenerating would upset the balance of the congress, and it would obviously bring Britain and Spain in too.

Since when were we able to do whatever we want and ignore basic realism?
Political: Monarchist, Integralist, National Syndicalist/Third Position, Christian Humanist.
Hobbies: Apprentice Blacksmith, Amateur Poet, and Board Gaming Fanatic.
Personal: Roman Catholic, Scots-German Southerner, North Carolinian. Deo Vindice.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:14 am

Austria and Bavaria wrote:
Sjealand wrote:Well shouldnt they be allowed to do whatever they want? Frances mission just means they number of troops they can field will be minor.

Since when were we able to do whatever we want and ignore basic realism?

No idea. But if Russia and Italy will go to war like that, I'll ignore the multi-ethnic mess in Austria a little.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:51 am

Is it too early for my supplies to be arriving in Poland?

Also, Austria, think you could open the Diet?
Political: Monarchist, Integralist, National Syndicalist/Third Position, Christian Humanist.
Personal: Roman Catholic, Scots-German Southerner, North Carolinian. Deo Vindice.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:53 am

Austria and Bavaria wrote:Is it too early for my supplies to be arriving in Poland?

Also, Austria, think you could open the Diet?

I will try to, but I can't promise anything for today as it seems that I'm developing a fever. I hate colds.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:58 am

Since AH seems to be the fashion, could I have the Austrians having managed to supply most of their soldiers with relatively good quality Lorenz rifles, and have the Wanzl rifle being proposed in the higher circles of the army?

Sjealand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sjealand » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:13 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Since AH seems to be the fashion, could I have the Austrians having managed to supply most of their soldiers with relatively good quality Lorenz rifles, and have the Wanzl rifle being proposed in the higher circles of the army?

It doesnt seem like a problem to me. Thats fine

Would it be okay if most of the defensive guns at dannevirke was breech-loading or is that still to far in the future? My offensive artillery would still load from the front

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:17 am

Sjealand wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Since AH seems to be the fashion, could I have the Austrians having managed to supply most of their soldiers with relatively good quality Lorenz rifles, and have the Wanzl rifle being proposed in the higher circles of the army?

It doesnt seem like a problem to me. Thats fine

Would it be okay if most of the defensive guns at dannevirke was breech-loading or is that still to far in the future? My offensive artillery would still load from the front

Difficult to say, I'm not an expert on the matter. But as far as I know, only certain armies in the world, like Prussia, really followed the idea of breech-loading.

Sjealand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sjealand » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:27 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Sjealand wrote:It doesnt seem like a problem to me. Thats fine

Difficult to say, I'm not an expert on the matter. But as far as I know, only certain armies in the world, like Prussia, really followed the idea of breech-loading.

Yea its just that if i face a giant army of soldiers with superior firearms id like to have cannons that could fire a bit faster. I wont use them offensively

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:58 am

Sjealand wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Difficult to say, I'm not an expert on the matter. But as far as I know, only certain armies in the world, like Prussia, really followed the idea of breech-loading.

Yea its just that if i face a giant army of soldiers with superior firearms id like to have cannons that could fire a bit faster. I wont use them offensively

Well, I'd like to have my language and supply issues fixed so that I can compete with Prussia. I personally don't have any issue with small modifications, like the Austrians actually managing to standardize their muzzle-loaded musket, but since I don't know much about the cannons of the era, I can't say whether breech-loaded cannons were common or not.

United Layfet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Layfet » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Did this RP die?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:19 pm

Still here. Mainly waiting on Prussia and Russia.

United Layfet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Layfet » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:22 pm

I have to wait till march in game time, unless someone wanted to play as the Confederacy

Grothmogia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grothmogia » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:33 pm

Alright, sorry for the extended lapse in RP activity, it has been quite busy for me the past couple of weeks. So, anything especially fun happen while I was gone?

Grothmogia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grothmogia » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:32 pm

Finally posted at the Diet. Let me say that it should be an interesting post.

New Xarthanzia
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Nation Application

Postby New Xarthanzia » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:50 pm

Nation claimed: Confederate States of America
Ruler: President Jefferson Davis
Nations advantages (Not military): Large agricultural sector composed primarily of cotton and tobacco
Nations weaknesses (Not military): Large-scale destruction of industry by the Union and low industrial power; low population; little immigration; poor financial situation; lack of food and fuel; most land is taken up by large plantations
Side of the war and reason: Freedom from the Union; less government control over the lives of citizens; upholding slavery (as long as it is profitable, though that may soon change); opposing Northern manufacturing interests and bringing industry to the South
National Flag, Naval flag and war flag:National FlagNaval FlagNaval JackWar Flag
Government type: Democratic Presidential Republic (confederation)
National language: none official; minorities of German, French, Gaelic, and Spanish; majority English
National Religion: None official; mostly Christian with majority Protestant
Predominant ethnicity: English
Population (Use wikipedia for help): roughly 9 million in 1860, 3 million of those slaves
Rivals of your nation: United States of America
Goals of your nation: Independence from the United States of America and the creation of the South as a distinct cultural, political and diplomatic entity on the world stage; recognition of the CSA by major world powers; the preservation of the economic base of the South (slavery)
Chance of a revolution or rebellion: low (around 10%) as slaves have already been emancipated by Abraham Lincoln; these are not considered rebels, but enemy combatants and the military and political situation prevents much rebellion
National anthem: God Save the South

Military numbers at the start of the war: 1 million men and numerous militia groups (all in the United States); historical figures are inexact due to lack of documentation
Leader of the military: General Robert E. Lee
Uniform and armament of your nations infantry, cavalry, sailors and artillery: various arms, mostly the same as Union arms (perhaps slightly older) but with some imported British models and European guns brought by volunteers or smuggled through the blockades and uniforms, usually cadet gray jackets, blue or gray trousers but also homespun uniforms due to lack of central provisioning; cavalry wear cadet gray; gray caps and slouch hats
Strenghts and weaknesses (You must have both): Excellent military command, home advantage (know the terrain of the fighting); higher levels of training and accuracy with guns due to the rural backgrounds of most soldiers; high fighting spirit; outnumbered troops; few supplies; lack of even basic necessities such as shoes; lower quality equipment than Union soldiers; spread out units fighting over a non-contiguous area; Confederate loss of the Mississippi; poor strategic situation with reversals on almost all fronts; lack of transport for troops; lack of ammunition; very few ships and Union dominance of the ocean and rivers running through the Confederacy; blockade of Texas and the Atlantic and Caribbean Sea ports by the Union and the loss of New Orleans, blocking a crucial commercial artery for cotton
Speciality of your nations army (May have 2): High accuracy soldiers and sharpshooters; higher morale than normal
Main Military March(es): The Bonnie Blue Flag; Dixie
Last edited by New Xarthanzia on Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Grothmogia wrote:
"Bavaria will lend herself to this cause, however, we cannot deny the possibility that our material support will not be enough. The Confederate States of America is blockaded by the United States Navy, while the Poles, despite their will to fight, have seen many setbacks in recent times. We will need come up with an in-depth plan for breaking the Union blockade of the American South. We should send an ultimatum to the United States of America that they shall cease and desist in their blockades and raiding of commerce coming from unaligned European states and those of the Confederation. I also move that this Diet recognize the Confederate States of America as a legitimate nation. We should also demand that they withdraw from Northern Mexico and cease any and all military or civilian support for the ruffians, vagabonds, and brigands under the control of the so-called Mexican President Benito Juarez. It should be noted that these rebels are opposing the enthronement of Maximilian Ferdinand, a member of the self-same esteemed House of Habsburg, to which the prestigious member of this assembly Franz Joseph of Austria belongs. This ultimatum, if accepted, will further our goals and help distract the United States and its considerable military and economic might from interests in Europe, while also helping to ensure the French remain neutral in this broadening conflict. This, I am sure, is something all of us can agree upon.

The King returned to his chair and prepared to hear the Coalition's responses.

CSA supported Maximilian. It was the US that aided Juarez.
Last edited by Austria and Bavaria on Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deutsch Preussen
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutsch Preussen » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:36 pm

Apologies for my time between posts, pretty busy but still finding time.

Grothmogia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grothmogia » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:13 pm

Austria and Bavaria wrote:
Grothmogia wrote:
"Bavaria will lend herself to this cause, however, we cannot deny the possibility that our material support will not be enough. The Confederate States of America is blockaded by the United States Navy, while the Poles, despite their will to fight, have seen many setbacks in recent times. We will need come up with an in-depth plan for breaking the Union blockade of the American South. We should send an ultimatum to the United States of America that they shall cease and desist in their blockades and raiding of commerce coming from unaligned European states and those of the Confederation. I also move that this Diet recognize the Confederate States of America as a legitimate nation. We should also demand that they withdraw from Northern Mexico and cease any and all military or civilian support for the ruffians, vagabonds, and brigands under the control of the so-called Mexican President Benito Juarez. It should be noted that these rebels are opposing the enthronement of Maximilian Ferdinand, a member of the self-same esteemed House of Habsburg, to which the prestigious member of this assembly Franz Joseph of Austria belongs. This ultimatum, if accepted, will further our goals and help distract the United States and its considerable military and economic might from interests in Europe, while also helping to ensure the French remain neutral in this broadening conflict. This, I am sure, is something all of us can agree upon.

CSA supported Maximilian. It was the US that aided Juarez.
The King returned to his chair and prepared to hear the Coalition's responses.

I know. That is why I am calling Juarez's government a bunch of rebels. I will clarify, though. Thank you for bringing that up.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse