NATION

PASSWORD

The Last Civilization - OOC/Signups

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Now what?

1. Someone else takes over OP and manages the rules.
9%
2. We scrap the score system and move on.
32%
3. We move on with the current rules. (I'll explain everything if need be)
23%
4. The RP dies.
14%
5. open for sugg
23%

Total votes : 22

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Ok, So this Sneaky Continent is split Into 2 Halves.
The Northen half consits of Zadox (THATS ME!), Goffsill, Saxony, and Gygax (I think the others are inactive). Zadoxians are Rather Pacifist People living in Harmony with Goffsill, the cultural center of the region. They know much about each other. Goffsill also knows about some other civs around us. Saxony has some wars going on with nearby minor Factions. Gygax also has armies I think. They are fine.
The Southern Half has the Egalatarian New Zyras, Sophisticated Akademia, Expansionist-Pirate Ameralite, Poorly-Situated Rattelland, Merchant Akksum-Bagghar and Abisa, ruled by the Pharaoh. New Zyras recently took over siochana, and afk city on the northen coast. Trade Flourished in this part of the continent aswell. Ameralite and Akademia are closely linked, As is Akksum and some of the coastal civs, Including Abisa.
Now Arcea, The city on the island to the west is the Trade hub which connects the north with the south. Arcea took some land on the southern landmass, just where another afk city is. Anyway, He has trade ships linking together Zadox, Bagghar, New Zyras, Rattelland... actually, I'm not sure about all of these. He also has pretty much all of coastal Tredera mapped.
Most recently, Akksum infected the southern landmass with his disease, leading to much OOC debate, Barbarians appeared in the south and besieged akksum and my people Just got hit by a comet. Thats about it.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akksum
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:37 pm

Harkback Union wrote:Ok, So this Sneaky Continent is split Into 2 Halves.
The Northen half consits of Zadox (THATS ME!), Goffsill, Saxony, and Gygax (I think the others are inactive). Zadoxians are Rather Pacifist People living in Harmony with Goffsill, the cultural center of the region. They know much about each other. Goffsill also knows about some other civs around us. Saxony has some wars going on with nearby minor Factions. Gygax also has armies I think. They are fine.
The Southern Half has the Egalatarian New Zyras, Sophisticated Akademia, Expansionist-Pirate Ameralite, Poorly-Situated Rattelland, Merchant Akksum-Bagghar and Abisa, ruled by the Pharaoh. New Zyras recently took over siochana, and afk city on the northen coast. Trade Flourished in this part of the continent aswell. Ameralite and Akademia are closely linked, As is Akksum and some of the coastal civs, Including Abisa.
Now Arcea, The city on the island to the west is the Trade hub which connects the north with the south. Arcea took some land on the southern landmass, just where another afk city is. Anyway, He has trade ships linking together Zadox, Bagghar, New Zyras, Rattelland... actually, I'm not sure about all of these. He also has pretty much all of coastal Tredera mapped.
Most recently, Akksum infected the southern landmass with his disease, leading to much OOC debate, Barbarians appeared in the south and besieged akksum and my people Just got hit by a comet. Thats about it.

besieged? He's just sacking, and about to fight tons of soldiers. XD
Beloved quotes:

My flaccid dick is longer than your RP posts,

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:39 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:
You can find a small, rather uninformative summary of Tredera's history in the IC op.
Its a rather boring read. Nothing important happened until the Shadow Era, where we are now. I'll sum up the current situation just for you... in a minute.

Do I have to catch up or no?

Depends on what you mean by catching up and what you want to do.
3 options:
-Start as a City on Tredera. You'll be a little behind initially and you'll have to pump out some IC so that we know what your people are like.
-Start as barbarians/Disease/Any outside threat you can think of. You'll have to do no catching up for these.
-Start as native people of a distant continent. No need to do any catching up here either. You'll be also behind the civs of tredera in some areas though... at least initially.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:47 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Do I have to catch up or no?

Depends on what you mean by catching up and what you want to do.
3 options:
-Start as a City on Tredera. You'll be a little behind initially and you'll have to pump out some IC so that we know what your people are like.
-Start as barbarians/Disease/Any outside threat you can think of. You'll have to do no catching up for these.
-Start as native people of a distant continent. No need to do any catching up here either. You'll be also behind the civs of tredera in some areas though... at least initially.

Hmm, being a native people of a distant continent sounds good but do I get to name it and other geographical identfications( like how it is a desert, rains a lot, etc.)?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:49 pm

Akksum wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:Ok, So this Sneaky Continent is split Into 2 Halves.

besieged? He's just sacking, and about to fight tons of soldiers. XD

Akksum. I'm really sorry for having to say this, But you are getting way overboard with your civ's strength. The score system is there to keep things balanced. I know some people broke it and also that it's allowed to break it a little, but... just Look at OOC op. There is population table for Agriculture.
At level 10 it says : 500,000.
You have level 7 and one million.
Abisa had half million at level 9.

If you want higher population, You'll have to cut back somewhere else... like Science or army skill.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:51 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:Depends on what you mean by catching up and what you want to do.
3 options:

Hmm, being a native people of a distant continent sounds good but do I get to name it and other geographical identfications( like how it is a desert, rains a lot, etc.)?

I'm still working on the global map (by that I mean its 1% done), So you can decide Everything and anything about your starting pos. Keep in mind that it will be around 1 RL week time before We get to meet your people. (1 era usually lasts around 1 week or less. We are in the dark ages now.)

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:57 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Hmm, being a native people of a distant continent sounds good but do I get to name it and other geographical identfications( like how it is a desert, rains a lot, etc.)?

I'm still working on the global map (by that I mean its 1% done), So you can decide Everything and anything about your starting pos. Keep in mind that it will be around 1 RL week time before We get to meet your people. (1 era usually lasts around 1 week or less. We are in the dark ages now.)

Ok, so will I still be able to post and advance my native people of the continent?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

Ok, so will I still be able to post and advance my native people of the continent?

Sure. In fact, You can start anytime. Apps are auto-accepted by the magical and invisible App-Auto-Acceptron... that is unless someone objects. Not a likely scenario.
One important thing. you should TELEGRAM me the specifics of your continent. That way, I wont miss it and the Civs of Tredera won't know where you are... at least, not precisely. I'm sure they will learn some things from your posts.

Also, in case you were wondering, AOP stands for After Original Potatoes. Don't ask.

Akksum
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Akksum wrote:besieged? He's just sacking, and about to fight tons of soldiers. XD

Akksum. I'm really sorry for having to say this, But you are getting way overboard with your civ's strength. The score system is there to keep things balanced. I know some people broke it and also that it's allowed to break it a little, but... just Look at OOC op. There is population table for Agriculture.
At level 10 it says : 500,000.
You have level 7 and one million.
Abisa had half million at level 9.

If you want higher population, You'll have to cut back somewhere else... like Science or army skill.

I have 3 major cities though.
Beloved quotes:

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:22 am

Name: Murr'Zelthoth
Short history: Known as the " Stormpeople" in their language of Cothlu, they are an assorted of clans that follow of theocratic hierarchy that each one has a caste and they must adhere to it for it is the will of the Routh to do so. They have been known to settled around the areas where lighting and storm strike the most for various reasons, from fascination to worship but they are near where the lighting strikes most. They are known for their speed and shock tactics during the Forik Wars that made their people who they are today. They are known as a unpredictable bunch of people, they are quick to change their outlook on life but know that their life is short and they do as much as they can within their caste while most try to find glory in the wilderness or try to make as much food as they can before they pass on the lighting to their children.

They are breeders of horses and masters of the runes( they are pros when it comes to tattoos and archaic art like runes and spells) for they mark the ink in their skin and that is how people associate themselves by the caste,the family symbol, or even their clan. They are generally unknown by foreigners for they have been a mystery by history itself but things can change at the strike of lighting.
Starting score (choose 20, max 10 in each category):

Agriculture:6
Industry: 5
Science: 5
Culture: 2
Army: 2
Navy: 0
Starting location (for instance: Tropical coastline, Desert, Rocky mountains): I think you wanted me to TG you my location since I am going to be new natives.
Last edited by Ralnis on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Fraulasia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Fraulasia » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:52 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Ralnis wrote:

Sure. In fact, You can start anytime. Apps are auto-accepted by the magical and invisible App-Auto-Acceptron... that is unless someone objects. Not a likely scenario.
One important thing. you should TELEGRAM me the specifics of your continent. That way, I wont miss it and the Civs of Tredera won't know where you are... at least, not precisely. I'm sure they will learn some things from your posts.

Also, in case you were wondering, AOP stands for After Original Potatoes. Don't ask.

Potatoes are serious business, and only just now have I realized that can also stand for "After Original Post" I guess that's how genius happens.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:29 am

New Fraulasia wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

Potatoes are serious business, and only just now have I realized that can also stand for "After Original Post" I guess that's how genius happens.

At first, I thought you meant after original post... but then I saw you refer to the date ICly...
And I agree that potatoes are serious business, just as carrots are.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:00 am

Ralnis wrote:Name: Murr'Zelthoth
Short history: Known as the " Stormpeople" in their language of Cothlu, they are an assorted of clans that follow of theocratic hierarchy that each one has a caste and they must adhere to it for it is the will of the Routh to do so. They have been known to settled around the areas where lighting and storm strike the most for various reasons, from fascination to worship but they are near where the lighting strikes most. They are known for their speed and shock tactics during the Forik Wars that made their people who they are today. They are known as a unpredictable bunch of people, they are quick to change their outlook on life but know that their life is short and they do as much as they can within their caste while most try to find glory in the wilderness or try to make as much food as they can before they pass on the lighting to their children.

They are breeders of horses and masters of the runes( they are pros when it comes to tattoos and archaic art like runes and spells) for they mark the ink in their skin and that is how people associate themselves by the caste,the family symbol, or even their clan. They are generally unknown by foreigners for they have been a mystery by history itself but things can change at the strike of lighting.

Starting location (for instance: Tropical coastline, Desert, Rocky mountains): I think you wanted me to TG you my location since I am going to be new natives.

Ah, your people will be fun to fight with.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:28 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Name: Murr'Zelthoth

Hopefully, also do I have to go through the Shadow Era like the rest or wait till the Colonial Era so that I have my dark age?

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:36 am

Ralnis wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

Hopefully, also do I have to go through the Shadow Era like the rest or wait till the Colonial Era so that I have my dark age?

Ah, yes. Era Score rules will not apply to you for now. Just add 1 score with every passing RL day until you are discovered.

New Fraulasia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Fraulasia » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:54 am

Ah, there will be a Colonial Era.

This changes everything (not really)

I need a port city...

And if one of the plagues is Black Plague like, is it carried by fleas on rats? And if it originated in Akksum, and Akksum trades with Arcea, who trades with (just about) everyone, aren't we all in danger?

Maniacal laugh, deep echo...
Last edited by New Fraulasia on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:49 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Hopefully, also do I have to go through the Shadow Era like the rest or wait till the Colonial Era so that I have my dark age?

Ah, yes. Era Score rules will not apply to you for now. Just add 1 score with every passing RL day until you are discovered.

Ok, I will have a post up today if I can.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:05 am

New Fraulasia wrote:Ah, there will be a Colonial Era.

This changes everything (not really)

I need a port city...

And if one of the plagues is Black Plague like, is it carried by fleas on rats? And if it originated in Akksum, and Akksum trades with Arcea, who trades with (just about) everyone, aren't we all in danger?

Maniacal laugh, deep echo...

An Arcean ship recently docked in with Dunnrhof, probably packed with infected passengers and cargo... but they, along with the entire Zadoxian navy are blown to bits by the red snake as we speak.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:52 am

Actually, The shadow era is almost over... in theory. But the barbarians still didn't do much.
Now what?

Akksum
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:04 am

Harkback Union wrote:Actually, The shadow era is almost over... in theory. But the barbarians still didn't do much.
Now what?

My plagues are everywhere so... ^_^ even if the barbarians failed, I made it hard for people.
Beloved quotes:

Akksum
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:08 am

Does it take research 10, navy 10 to go across the ocean?
Beloved quotes:

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:18 am

Akksum wrote:Does it take research 10, navy 10 to go across the ocean?

I think that's what we agreed on so yes.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:44 am

i have no idea what to post.

Akksum
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:55 am

Rygondria wrote:i have no idea what to post.

Well, I got troops looking for you, you will die. Or flee.
Beloved quotes:

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:05 am

Akksum wrote:
Rygondria wrote:i have no idea what to post.

Well, I got troops looking for you, you will die. Or flee.

Flee and burn whatever is in my path while running out of your country.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse