NATION

PASSWORD

The Historical RP Group HQ 2

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you have a sexual fetish?

Yes, more than one
23%
Yes, one
16%
Sort of/maybe/not sure
42%
No
19%

Total votes : 31

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:27 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:
Rome survived and colonized large chunks of the new world, along with her neighbour and ally the Suebi kingdom to the north. No Islamic incursion into Iberia in this tl. New Holy Land movement leads Hebrew immigrants to move to America and establish a nation in Dixie called the new holy land. Religions are very messed up, with freedom of religion Western Rome, Nordo-Christain Jesus-Thor in Suebi, Islamic Sicily, Coptic East Africa, and I believe a Zoroastrian Chinese nation. Others feel well to add, I missed a fair ammount of the AH parts I believe.

Hmm, I want to be an Islamic country in Indonesia. Is it possible? Or is there any other Islamic countries?

It's possible, but I think this TL had Island confined mostly to Arabia, some expansion into Africa, etc.

But a Muslim colony in Indonesia turned empire sound cool.
yee haw it's time for mass line

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:29 pm

Reatra wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Hmm, I want to be an Islamic country in Indonesia. Is it possible? Or is there any other Islamic countries?

It's possible, but I think this TL had Island confined mostly to Arabia, some expansion into Africa, etc.

Well, then. A Muslim colony in Indonesia worth to try. So who colonized Indonesia is another question.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:37 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Reatra wrote:

Well, then. A Muslim colony in Indonesia worth to try. So who colonized Indonesia is another question.

Bavaria apparently
Reichasia
e

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:28 pm

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:
The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:Are you playing a nation glitter? :D

The United Provinces of the New Netherland, a satellite republic of France.

Ah.

So that's my Northern Neighbour. Great, surrounded on all fronts by French-loyal lands. -.-

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:
Paketo wrote:can't wait to build the panama canal and totally overcharge all of you for passage except friend Romans, and former colonies mexico and Brazil. all the Money *-*

Awkward moment should someone steal Panama from you.

I believe I need to summon Theodore van Roosevelt

You mean Theodore David Roosevelt?

Bujahla wrote:
Reatra wrote:
You know what? I'll ask him but I'll be fine if the answer is no. I'll get Russia as an ally (who doesn't want to dock in San Francisco?) and we will attack Me-hee-ko!

Everyone hate Mexico xD. The jews don't like us, you don't like us. And for what reason? To expand. Smh. Why y'all have to hate.

@Inesea, I'll give you a bit in togo/benin.

b/c Heavenly Destiny.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:00 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Reatra wrote:

I believe the nation in North Africa below Roman Iberia is islamic
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Sveltlana
Minister

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sveltlana » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:20 pm

The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:

I have a great relationship with Byzantium but I couldn't help posting this great pun I found online :lol2:

:lol: :lol:
ASTURIAS STRONK

Now, mortal, you have made the mistake of opening Pandora's Box. What evils have you unleashed upon the Earth?

Me, Svet lol good one svet
Me, Svet
: ikr svet it was pretty good

-- Politics --
Fuck that.

Senka: [about me] "You are a deplorable reactionary fascist cockroach with no hope of redemption who should be condemned to burn with the rest of the plutocratic imperialist stooges in the cleansing atomic fire of the righteous."

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:37 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Rome survived and colonized large chunks of the new world, along with her neighbour and ally the Suebi kingdom to the north. No Islamic incursion into Iberia in this tl. New Holy Land movement leads Hebrew immigrants to move to America and establish a nation in Dixie called the new holy land. Religions are very messed up, with freedom of religion Western Rome, Nordo-Christain Jesus-Thor in Suebi, Islamic Sicily, Coptic East Africa, and I believe a Zoroastrian Chinese nation. Others feel well to add, I missed a fair ammount of the AH parts I believe.

Al-Siqilliya is Islamic, although that may not be terribly relevant.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:38 am

The Jonathanian States wrote:
Rephesus wrote:What do you guys think of an AHRP where the Central Powers win WW1 (Russian revolution early, Schliefin Plan successful, Britain joins too late, France heavily punished/ ganged by Italy and Spain + Colonies revolt)

Essentially no Great Depression as the US never joined the war (Isolation/ High German apathy) and super-Germany demilitarized kinda after being exhausted from saving Austria's ass.

The basis of the RP would be an alternate WW2 where France pulls a Hitler and does a bounce back and goes full Napoleon, meanwhile the French colonies have their own drama, and Britain licking it's wounds is forced to act.

Thoughts?

I'd suggest detail with stuff like Japan managing to successfully forge an empire (rather than just screwing around in China), Austro-Hungary going United States of Greater Austria style, etc. And I don't think France could quite pull Hitler; they've not nearly the industrial output, nor industrial resources, or even population. Them attempting to go Hitler could work, though; Nazi Germany conquered nearly all Europe, maybe this France works under similar principles on a smaller scale.

But j'aime overall.

Actually, for Austria-Hungary to go USGA after ATL WWI is quite unlikely. Ferdinand was the main proponent of that idea and, well, he got shot a few years before the end of the war. In addition, depending on when and how you let the war end, the Austrians might really resent the Hungarians and/or all ethnicities may have gone autonomous as they did late in ATL.
On France: I agree, at least in theory. Also, something I've seen often discussed for CP Victories in WW1 is a French (Com or Nazi) and Russian (Soviet or Fascist [depending on who wins the CW]) replacement for the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact.
Japan forging an Empire.... possible, but not especially more so than in ATL. I mean, assuming our POD to be after Japan's entry on the Entente side(for anything else the POD has to go back quite deep) regardless of the outcome of the war in europe and Africa, the most they can really hypothetically get is Indochina, Macao, HK, Tsingtao, Weihawei, the chinese concession, and the various Micronesian and Pacific possessions - and that assuming they were offered allied stuff for joining the Entente or were to be given CP stuff in order to join the CP (in addition to conquests they'd do against the enemy).
So they could start off with Indochina, the rest would be mostly naval bases and tiny Islands... Except for Indochina not that much of an increase compared to ATL.
Nonetheless, in ATL it could have happened, to an extent, so here it might as well.

Also, yes, that'd be a really scary world.[/quote]
For A-H; damn me. I dunno, pull some new heir or something out of the butterfly's ass. :P

And yeah for France & Japan. Japan doesn't have more of a chance than IRL, true, but I'm thinking that butterflies can help here too; maybe they betray the British, perhaps after an altercation or some violation of custom which changes public opinion (unlikely, true) or they just get lucky. I don't fancy playing a Japan that's bogged down in China, nor a China being bogged down in by Japan, is what I'm trying to say, and finding a solution to that would basically make East Asia more playable.
The New Lowlands wrote:
Alleniana wrote:And I don't think France could quite pull Hitler; they've not nearly the industrial output, nor industrial resources, or even population. Them attempting to go Hitler could work, though; Nazi Germany conquered nearly all Europe, maybe this France works under similar principles on a smaller scale.

But j'aime overall.

Well, you could probably fix the industrial problem by (at least, initially) using a populist, industrial government rising to power instead of a militarist, irredentist one. It'd have to happen quite early, but it could be placed by Napoletler later on.

France would still never really reach Germany level though. It's really just not all that industrially-inclined a country. That's one way, though, I suppose.

GUYS GUYS I DID THIS
Alleniana wrote:
Our World App:

Desired Capital: ROME, THE ETERNAL CITY, ALL ROADS' DESTINATION, GLORIOUS ROMA
Nation's Name: The Papal State (Status Pontificus)
Ideology: Catholicism everywhere. Just everywhere, unbounded, unlimited Catholicism. Unity, profit, all that kind of stuff, but mainly the projection of Catholic Christianity and ensuring its power and relevance.
Nation's Concept: Basically, your average Papal States; Byzantines kicked out, dirty Lombard neighbours, etc. Only thing is that from the time of the Pope's ascension, which was earlier in this timeline than IRL if possible, the Pope's hold was stronger. A rigorous system is established, with seminaries established, rules created for clergy that set them apart as a separate class, and Latin imposed as the official language (after the failure of attempts to make Hebrew, Greek and even Aramaic, the biblical languages, relevant again). Corruption is slowly but surely rooted out, and an extremely efficient treasury is established, providing ample support to clergy all across the Catholic world, funding huge buildings both within and without the borders of the Papal domain, and making sure the tithe is collected. Missionaries sent all across the known world become a staple of the state's duties, and though actual land borders are approximately the modern areas of Roma, Latina and Frosinone, all thoroughly Latinised and Catholicised, the Pope's power grows. Huge money comes in, and huge expenditures go out towards the maintenance and expansion of Catholic influence across the known world. If allowed, the church's influence in state only grows, and though it was recently come into decline, it is still a force to be reckoned with; helping to set, define and codify international standards and agreements, controlling the spiritual aspects of nations and ridiculously rich; something reflected in a prosperous, glorious Rome.
Desired Territories: Present day Italian Roma, Frosinone and Latina (which is one province assuming we are using the Vicky 2 map). If we aren't using it, just Roma and Latina are fine.
Preferred year for RP: *shrug* anything pre-1850s, I guess

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:43 am

Our World App:

Desired Capital: (You may not get all of your nation, but you'll at least get your capital)
Nation's Name:
Ideology: (use this)
Nation's Concept: (Right a detailed story behind the nation. History. Territories. Everything. Why should you get your nation?)
Desired Territories: (No map. Just write the names of places you want. You will not get all of this and I will not announce how much you will loose until the final OP is made. The point of this is to inspire competition for nations choices. Also because I want full ability to modify borders without notable complaint.)
Preferred year for RP: (can enter more than one, preferably post 1700)

This is the app form?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:01 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Our World App:

Desired Capital: (You may not get all of your nation, but you'll at least get your capital)
Nation's Name:
Nation's Concept: (Right a detailed story behind the nation. History. Territories. Everything. Why should you get your nation?)
Desired Territories: (No map. Just write the names of places you want. You will not get all of this and I will not announce how much you will loose until the final OP is made. The point of this is to inspire competition for nations choices. Also because I want full ability to modify borders without notable complaint.)

This is the app form?

Yep. You have to copy a TG to Buj IIRC.
Last edited by The New Lowlands on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:58 am

The New Lowlands wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Our World App:

Nation's Name:

This is the app form?

Yep. You have to copy a TG to Buj IIRC.

I swear I did but I know I haven't.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:17 am

@Whoever asked about religion and Indonesia

One thing to keep in mind is Islam didn't spread across the Indian Ocean Ittl, rather instead of Islamic merchants the Omani empire kind of united the Arabian peninsula and much of their trade empire was handled by Zanzibar, which is very very Coptic. Coptic Christianity had spread across the East-African cities ittl, and dominates Indian Ocean Trade, I wouldn't find it far fetched to have a Coptic Indonesia instead of an Islamic one just because there never was a huge Islamic trade market in the Indian Ocean. I don't even think Bengal is Islamic.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:18 am

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Africa isn't puny and weak. There are three advanced megastates there.

I see mega Ethiopia who else is sopper power

Mega-Ethiopia is actually kind of weak. It's like the ottomans essentially. It was something to control Egypt for the Army of the Orient to fight against instead of direct annexation.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:19 am

Bujahla wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:I see mega Ethiopia who else is sopper power

Mega-Ethiopia is actually kind of weak. It's like the ottomans essentially. It was something to control Egypt for the Army of the Orient to fight against instead of direct annexation.

Time to unite Coptic! :twisted:

Zanzibar will be the centre of the world!

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:50 am

Rephesus wrote:@Whoever asked about religion and Indonesia

One thing to keep in mind is Islam didn't spread across the Indian Ocean Ittl, rather instead of Islamic merchants the Omani empire kind of united the Arabian peninsula and much of their trade empire was handled by Zanzibar, which is very very Coptic. Coptic Christianity had spread across the East-African cities ittl, and dominates Indian Ocean Trade, I wouldn't find it far fetched to have a Coptic Indonesia instead of an Islamic one just because there never was a huge Islamic trade market in the Indian Ocean. I don't even think Bengal is Islamic.

Hell yeah, I wanna see a Coptic Indonesia. :3

On Catholicism; how influential is it? I'm trying to be Popey, but if most of even RL Catholic areas have ditched, I'll have a hell of a hard time.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:56 am

Alleniana wrote:
Rephesus wrote:@Whoever asked about religion and Indonesia

Hell yeah, I wanna see a Coptic Indonesia. :3

On Catholicism; how influential is it? I'm trying to be Popey, but if most of even RL Catholic areas have ditched, I'll have a hell of a hard time.

Coptic is like Christian?
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:59 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Hell yeah, I wanna see a Coptic Indonesia. :3

Coptic is like Christian?

A subset, yes.

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:29 am

Rephesus wrote:
Bujahla wrote:

Time to unite Coptic! :twisted:

Zanzibar will be the centre of the world!

>Africa
>Center of world
>Not joking Hue
e

Auroya
Minister

Founded: Feb 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Auroya » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:14 am

I would like to join.

I include the number 442299.
Social progressive, libertarian socialist, trans girl. she/her pls.
Buckminster Fuller on earning a living

Navisva: 2100

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:41 am

Alleniana wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:Actually, for Austria-Hungary to go USGA after ATL WWI is quite unlikely. Ferdinand was the main proponent of that idea and, well, he got shot a few years before the end of the war. In addition, depending on when and how you let the war end, the Austrians might really resent the Hungarians and/or all ethnicities may have gone autonomous as they did late in ATL.
On France: I agree, at least in theory. Also, something I've seen often discussed for CP Victories in WW1 is a French (Com or Nazi) and Russian (Soviet or Fascist [depending on who wins the CW]) replacement for the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact.
Japan forging an Empire.... possible, but not especially more so than in ATL. I mean, assuming our POD to be after Japan's entry on the Entente side(for anything else the POD has to go back quite deep) regardless of the outcome of the war in europe and Africa, the most they can really hypothetically get is Indochina, Macao, HK, Tsingtao, Weihawei, the chinese concession, and the various Micronesian and Pacific possessions - and that assuming they were offered allied stuff for joining the Entente or were to be given CP stuff in order to join the CP (in addition to conquests they'd do against the enemy).
So they could start off with Indochina, the rest would be mostly naval bases and tiny Islands... Except for Indochina not that much of an increase compared to ATL.
Nonetheless, in ATL it could have happened, to an extent, so here it might as well.

Also, yes, that'd be a really scary world.

For A-H; damn me. I dunno, pull some new heir or something out of the butterfly's ass. :P

And yeah for France & Japan. Japan doesn't have more of a chance than IRL, true, but I'm thinking that butterflies can help here too; maybe they betray the British, perhaps after an altercation or some violation of custom which changes public opinion (unlikely, true) or they just get lucky. I don't fancy playing a Japan that's bogged down in China, nor a China being bogged down in by Japan, is what I'm trying to say, and finding a solution to that would basically make East Asia more playable.

Regarding AH:
Well yes, but that's something I can't analyze and properly assume as it's a human personality and idea - I mean, completely theoretically you can have the emperor that ruled during the OTL Ausgleich say "f*ck it", and instead of doing the Ausgleich head straight for the USGA. (Assuming the idea was around by then, which may be a false assumption - and also this only serves as an example of my point). For the Magyars it'd still be better than their state after the rebellion, and the other nations would obviously be happy for semi-sovereignty.

France: Great.
Japan: They might. Eh, that's somewhat very unlikely... I mean, they weren't even always considered a proper Great Power at that time, and were almost rather handled as an extension to the BE rather than a state with its own foreign policies. For something like that you'd have to make a POD going really deep to the time when/before Japan was opened to foreign ships and/or to the Time of the Meiji Reforms and completely remove British influence or increase influence of somebody else.
Then either avoid it getting bogged down in China, or something else. There probably should be quite some possibilities. For one, obviously limiting them to using the Fengtian might be an option.
An other one could be intervention earlier in the Warlord era, play the factions against each other, and prevent a consolidated China from forming, possibly also invading and puppeting factions at times of weakness.

Also, what'dya think y'all?
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.
This nation doesn't really represent my views and sarcasm is awesome.

Auroya
Minister

Founded: Feb 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Auroya » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:29 am

Does this group generally do RPs with some FanT elements? I'm trying to prepare an AH RP I've had floating around in my head for a while now, but it'll require a bit of that.

It would, however, try to be a realistic interpretation of how these elements peing present actually affects the world.
Social progressive, libertarian socialist, trans girl. she/her pls.
Buckminster Fuller on earning a living

Navisva: 2100

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:36 am

Auroya wrote:Does this group generally do RPs with some FanT elements? I'm trying to prepare an AH RP I've had floating around in my head for a while now, but it'll require a bit of that.

It would, however, try to be a realistic interpretation of how these elements peing present actually affects the world.

Just do it.

It'll be fine.
yee haw it's time for mass line

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:31 pm

I think some here might be interested, I finally have my rp rp:
Of Eagles, Lions, And Bears - Or the tales of a different Interwar Era

A roleplay happening just short of 20 years after the Central Powers Victory in 1938.
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:34 pm

The Jonathanian States wrote:I think some here might be interested, I finally have my rp rp:

A roleplay happening just short of 20 years after the Central Powers Victory in 1938.

So, are you es gibt ein haus en Neu Berlining :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_artPecEaM
Last edited by The Industrial States of Columbia on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:48 pm

The Jonathanian States wrote:I think some here might be interested, I finally have my rp rp:

So, are you es gibt ein haus en Neu Berlining :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_artPecEaM

Nope. This is a Central Power Victory. No Germania and no bloating racism, though quite some nationalism.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse