NATION

PASSWORD

[NSG Senate] The Senate Yellow Pages

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:02 pm

Filimons wrote:
Filimons wrote:
Dr Léon Dimitri Mourani, PhD - Federalist Party
Account Name: Filimons and Frodtthiuda
Occupation: Senator, historian, writer and university professor

Party Position(s):
Deputy Chairman of the Federalists
Positions in Government:
N/A
Constituency: N/A
Political Ideology: National conservatism, Christian democracy, Elizian nationalism

Family: Dr Mourani’s wife, Rana al-Khouri, passed away in 1999; they had three children: Laëtitia (b. 1970, Diepoldsau), Nadine (b. 1972, Baabda), and Georges Amine (b. 1976, Turin). Laëtitia and Nadine, predisposed to the “invisibility” preceding their father’s political entry, lead rather private lives in Germany and Austria, respectively, whilst Georges Amine, having made Kentang his home, serves as his father’s closest aide.
Background: Léon Dimitri Mourani (b. 25 July 1947, Alexandria) is an Elizian academic, historian, writer, politician and former exile. His father, the Sinophile Alfred Maximilien Mourani, was ill-suited to his clan’s Egyptian dealings in precious woods; abandoning the business to his kinsmen, he vacated his domicile in the Bride of the Mediterranean and took his family―Majda (his wife), Yasmin (his daughter) and Léon Dimitri―to the Far East. With the rudimentary Mandarin of his textbooks which had to be left in Alexandria, Alfred Maximilien was soon object of the picturesque scorn of officials intrigued and baffled by his particular fascination with the Uyghurs or, perhaps, the Tibetans. By 1956, he had retreated, much like Chiang Kai-shek, to Taiwan, where he sought the succour of the Academia Sinica to no avail, for the qualifications (or, rather, lack thereof) of man bred by tutors of Greek and Latin were of no interest to the Academy. Before the year came to a close, Léon Dimitri’s father had once again uprooted the household. Deprived of idealism and romantic admiration, the man could see only economic opportunity in Elizia.

The state of the household improved almost immediately in Elizia. Commerce permitted their elevation to the upper echelons and, as such, Léon Dimitri was delivered to the best instructors and headmasters the nascent union could muster; instructed in everything from Malay and Greek grammar to mathematics, the child was wont to spend nights in his study. A young man arose on one of those nights, but he was not reading on that occasion; he was preparing for his first encounter with European soil, for a dream with C. S. Lewis had prompted him to opt to read Literae Humaniores at Oxford, whence he graduated in 1966. Anxious to place his life at the altar of blossoming republic, he served as an informal emissary to Western Europe, but soon became disillusioned with the invisibility of his pseudo-diplomatic service; like Tolstoy’s Prince Andrew, it was an instant of glory―love of the unknowing crowd―that he wanted. He took refuge at the Sorbonne, where he studied philosophy and took an interest in philology, but, brought to revulsion by the “exaltation of madmen”, left Paris in 1968 to complete his doctorate in Vienna.

It was in Austria that he met his future wife, Rana al-Khouri, daughter of a boorishly pecunious São Paulo-based Melkite banker and a Prague-born “White Russian” with exaggerated (but not wholly untrue) claims to nobility. In 1972, on his homeward journey to Elizia, he returned to his native Alexandria with his daughter, Laëtitia, and his heavily pregnant wife, who was to give birth in Baabda (Lebanon). The family of four arrived at the port of Kentang on 2 August 1972 to live in the enviable opulence provided by the Mourani patriarch, Alfred Maximilien. This wasn’t to last, though; the Elizian killings, despite not directly targeting the Europeans (the family were, for all intents and purposes, counted amongst these), could not be ignored. Léon Dimitri brought attention to the great massacre; whosoever held influence of any sort received a letter from the young doctor and soon enough he, along with the rest of the family, was deprived of his citizenship and allowed to leave with nothing but a Lebanese laissez-passer in lieu of a passport.

From his exile in Alexandria and Beirut, he wrote intensely; he plagued Europe’s libraries in his frequent trips, for these alone could provide him with the material of what was to be his Elizian Annals: A History of Elizia. Arabic poetry, Malay translations, English essays, German treatises and French novels were not beyond the scope of his pen. He maintained newspaper columns to bring attention to what he would euphemistically term the “Elizian misunderstanding”, but would not dream of disregarding his diverse interests; indeed, he lectured at the University of Rome (his third child, Georges Amine, was born in Italy) and, through his interest in philology, lectured on Germanic languages (and, especially, Gothic) at Salamanca. His exile, it must be said, was not at all sedentary or torpid, but now, in view of the great material changes in Elizian politics, he wishes to serve the nation which scorned and insulted him in the past.
Faith: Maronite (Christian)

Likes: Christian democracy, Elizian nationalism, English as a unifying element, monarchy, ordered liberty, classics, improved education, social conservatism
Dislikes: Islamism, Muslims [discretely and with the utmost politeness, of course], separatism, imposition of Malay, excessive authoritarianism, libertinage, disappearance of Latin and Greek

Any Questions from the Public to be answered?
  • Dr Mourani, why do you propose the state adopt English for most uses? - My primary concern is the defence of the union and the protection of our common fatherland, sir; I believe it to be in Elizia’s best interest. It is a matter of national unity and identity, although it does harbour important economic considerations.
  • You are perceived as an anti-Muslim politician by many. What will you do to address these concerns? - It is no secret that I did not get along with many of them in exile, but my petty squabbles are of no importance at this moment. The country’s well-being in delicate times ought to monopolise our attention.
  • What provokes a respected intellectual to seek a political career? Why would you risk soiling your name? - I have never been a stranger to the machinations of the political realm; people are not exiled for avoiding politics. Any stain on my name would have to be caused by me and I have no intention of involving myself in the activities known to us all (I shan’t name them) which are responsible for tarnishing the names of otherwise respectable (in this country that often means imperceptible) compatriots of ours.
DONT DELETE THIS TEXT OR YOUR ENTRY WILL NOT BE CATEGORIZED - 1004

I am, by the way, quite willing to questions from the public, journalists and parliamentary colleagues.

What's your experience as a Christian in a state where you're a clear minority how do you think that effects your politics and views on the country?
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Alistan
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Alistan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:44 pm

Yunus Moghadam - Path to Harmony

Account Name: Islamic Technate of Alistan
    Imam
    Blogger
    Author
    Spokesperson for Green Islam Organization
    Teacher and Lecturer at the University of Elizia in Islamic Studies, Political Science and Economics
Party Position(s):
Member of Path To Harmony

Positions in Government:
N/A

Constituency:N/A
Political Ideology: Neo-Sufism, Keynesianism, Social-Democracy

Family: A wife and two children
Background:Born in 1950, his parents are Egyptian who recently fled because of their anti-governmental activism and collaboration with the Muslim Brotherhood, his parents lived in Britain for a year before immigrating to Elizia to have to a better life for their child. After Yunus is born... the rest is history.
Faith: Muslim

Likes: Sufi Islam, Social Democracy, Keynesianism, improved education and plurality for everyone
Dislikes: Patriotism, Christian extremism, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt as it is right now

• What is your opinion on Elizia's debt to the IMF? - "We will never be obligated to fulfill the neoliberal agenda of Washington Consensus, as the IMF seeks to make themselves and their corporate overlords and Monsanto wants to destroy the environment, create inequality and make life terrible for small businesses, workers, women and our country's prosperity. I say NO to IMF and as a candidate, I desire to leave the IMF if ever in position in authority"

• As an Imam, how far do you think religion should play in politics? should religion play a degree in national politics or are you a strong proponent of the separation of Mosque and state? - "There should be no religion involved when this country is secular, everyone realistically would reject religion in politics, and the Sharia commands Muslims to obey the authority of foreign lands as long as it doesn't contradict with Islamic teachings. I am a citizen and I am born in this country, and I am not going to impose the Islamic laws in a country where not all of the population is Muslim, I'm here to present values and laws to protect our country and to see Elizia function as the best states for tolerance and plurality of all types of ethnicities and religions as it was in Muslim Spain."

• As a nation where do you think we should look for allies? As in do you think our best interest are if we involve ourselves with the PRC, USA, or maybe somewhere else or just here locally in South east Asian/Oceania?
    - "I believe, as a nation, must imperatively be neutral and be careful in the Asian diplomacy. Any wrong intention or a sign of it of the wrong intention could mean negative consequences. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be friends with no nation.

Rather, we should be friends with other nations, but Elizia is not to be a means to an end of any superpower. I can fantasize also that Elizia could be a nation of prosperity and a paradise among the oceans of tempest, as in tense relations between Asian nations that hold strong grudges against each other.

I believe that it is our best interest with every nation, and that we should be friends with every superpower.

Regarding the matter of Oceania/South East Asia, we must be friends with every one of them, they should be looked at as neighbors, but we should not be involved in diplomatic squabbles over small islands, and if I assume a high position of authority, we could even help resolve the dispute over Spratly Islands and to try to calm relations between Asian neighbors, and last but not least, instead of creating a Military-Industrial complex, why not create a Peaceful-Industrial complex, no nation ever tried it before, and it would be a good time to do it since we just got out of a conflict.

That is my overall position"
  • Sir, if you were assured the reins of this country―the leather seats of government―, what would you do to make it a prosperous, harmonious nation? Would you, given the power to do so, install a monarchy (of the elective kind, one ought to think) in place of the republic? How would you reconcile your party’s environmental postures with the urgent need of the people for an improvement in the economical realm? To close, what is your view of positive discrimination (known to you, perhaps, as affirmative action) and do you believe non-Malays in Elizia should be extended the benefits of the aforementioned policies?” - "If I were given the reins of this country, in order to make the country prosperous, I would first make the economy better, but despite having low resources, I would institute a single-payer healthcare and free education based on the Kerala model. Then I would close the country and institute protectionist policies consistent with Keynesianism economics, because our country is not ready yet for the real world. I will share the rest of the economics after... after all I will do I can to make this possible.
Last edited by Alistan on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Path to Harmony—For a more peaceful tomorrow

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

Your futurologist and transhumanist

Kumpalan Autonomis
Civilian

Founded: Jun 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kumpalan Autonomis » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:15 pm

Kumpalan Autonomis (Autonomist Groups) - Criminal/Militant Organization

Account Name: Kumpalan Autonomis, The New Sea Territory

Objective: None Official
Political Affiliations:
Insurrectionist Anarchism, Autonomist Marxism, Individualist Anarchism, Illegalism, Anarchist Communism

Location: Predominantly Baragang, with some groups in Kentang
Size: Roughly 600
Typical Uniform/Attire: Black
Background: The first affinity group to call themselves an Autonomist group began some time in 2004, in Kyashwe, Baragang. It was only a handful of squatters who began to rob stores and fight with the police, but had a direct connection to radical left politics in Elizia. Many members of this initial group later founded other groups based on their experiences in this first group, which splintered after the police raided their squat in 2006, killing three people.

In 2010, there were over a dozen cells calling themselves Autonomists, each with various interpretations and philosophical inspirations, ranging from egoist, post-left anarchism to Autonomist Marxism and left-communism. They existed both in Baragang and Kentang (although the Kyashwe cell had been driven out by police), loosely connected but not organized in any official way. Many of these groups began campaigns vandalizing Mosques and Buddhist temples. Over a dozen arson or attempted arson attacks were documented during this period, leading to a backlash by the authorities. A squat was raided and two dozen alleged Autonomists were arrested in response.

In 2011, a group of about fifty Autonomists burned down a police station in Greywater, then began inciting people in the streets to riot and loot stores. The political timing for this was unintentionally perfect, as massive spikes in unemployment and increased This was the largest attack committed by the Kumpalan up to this point, and got massive media attention. Police were called in from all around, and a three week period of sporadic street warfare in the neighborhood ended with police withdrawal.

In 2012, members of a Kentang Autonomist Group reclaimed an abandoned warehouse and opened the squat as a shelter for the homeless and unemployed peasants moving into the city. About sixty people lived there until being forcefully evicted by three hundred policemen in 2013, a few weeks before the Orchid Revolution.

Many Autonomist Groups participated in the mass demonstrations after the All-Elizian Federation of Labor called for strikes in 2013. The number of Autonomists skyrocketed from just over two hundred to over six hundred in a matter of weeks. These new members formed some of the most radical sections of the organization, which participated in the Orchid Revolution. During this period, violent acts committed by the group were at their highest. They claimed responsibility for a myriad of terror attacks, including bombings, robberies and assassinations.

Autonomists protested outside the December Peace Accords in Kentang and got into violent confrontations with security at the event. Since then, the groups have calmed down significantly, but are waiting for another opportunity to escalate class conflict.

Supports: Insurrection, Class Conflict, Expropriation, Squatters
Does not Support: Police, Capitalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Religion

None
DONT DELETE THIS TEXT OR YOUR ENTRY WILL NOT BE CATEGORIZED - 1005
Last edited by Kumpalan Autonomis on Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Autonomist Groups -- The Insurrectionist Spectre haunting Elizia

[Revolution is] easy. You can do it by yourself, or with a bunch of trusted comrades. You don't need to have great means or technical competence. The capital is vulnerable, if you are determined to act. -Alfredo M. Bonanno

Filimons
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Filimons » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Insaeldor wrote:What's your experience as a Christian in a state where you're a clear minority how do you think that effects your politics and views on the country?

“My faith is, of course, of fundamental importance. I would think its minority status in our country has forced me to stress my adherence; were I Irish or Bulgarian, its place and protection would not be in doubt. My Christianity is elemental to my national conservatism and wish for preservation. As such, it has led me towards the path of national reconciliation and the construction of an Elizian identity for all our compatriots, not only the Malay Muslims amongst us.”
Das Publikum beklatscht ein Feuerwerk, aber keinen Sonnenaufgang.

Alistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alistan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:03 pm

Alistan wrote:
    Imam
    Blogger
    Author
    Teacher and Lecturer at the University of Elizia in Islamic Studies, Political Science and Economics
Party Position(s):

Positions in Government:
N/A

Background:Born in 1950, his parents are Egyptian who recently fled because of their anti-governmental activism and collaboration with the Muslim Brotherhood, his parents lived in Britain for a year before immigrating to Elizia to have to a better life for their child. After Yunus is born... the rest is history.

Likes: Sufi Islam, Social Democracy, Keynesianism, improved education and plurality for everyone
Dislikes: Patriotism, Christian extremism, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt as it is right now

• *ADD QUESTION* - *ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS HERE - COME UP WITH THEM YOURSELF, OR ADD QUESTIONS YOU'VE ANSWERED FROM OTHER PEOPLE ON THE FORUMS*

Any questions?

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Founded: May 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Question to all Senators: What is your opinion on Elizia's debt to the IMF?
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

Alistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alistan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:18 pm

Arkolon wrote:Question to all Senators: What is your opinion on Elizia's debt to the IMF?

Senator Moghadam response: "We will never be obligated to fulfill the neoliberal agenda of Washington Consensus, as the IMF seeks to make themselves and their corporate overlords and Monsanto wants to destroy the environment, create inequality and make life terrible for small businesses, workers, women and our country's prosperity. I say NO to IMF and as a candidate, I desire to leave the IMF if ever in position in authority"
Last edited by Alistan on Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:39 pm

Arkolon wrote:Question to all Senators: What is your opinion on Elizia's debt to the IMF?

Senator Hsu Zhihao's response: I'm not terribly well versed in economics but my idea on how to handle the IMF debt is to heavily negotiate with the IMF and pay our debt in small increments. We should work on developing our economy into a more high income services and product based economy much in the way Korea and Estonia have done for themselves and use the growth in our economy to become more self sufficient and more able to pay our debts without acquiring more debts at the same time. I think seeing how the situation in Argentina handled by Mauricio Macri and Greece with Alexis Tsipras should be seen clearly by our leadership and use those examples for us to model our efforts after and see what works and what doesn't work.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Alistan wrote:
Alistan wrote:
    Imam
    Blogger
    Author
Party Position(s):

Positions in Government:
N/A

• *ADD QUESTION* - *ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS HERE - COME UP WITH THEM YOURSELF, OR ADD QUESTIONS YOU'VE ANSWERED FROM OTHER PEOPLE ON THE FORUMS*

Any questions?

As an Imam, how far do you think religion should play in politics? should religion play a degree in national politics or are you a strong proponent of the separation of Mosque and state?

Collatis
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Collatis » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Social Democrat | Humanist | Progressive | Internationalist | New Dealer

PRO: social democracy, internationalism, progressivism, democracy,
republicanism, human rights, democratic socialism, Keynesianism,
EU, NATO, two-state solution, Democratic Party, Bernie Sanders
CON: conservatism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, neoliberalism,
death penalty, Marxism-Leninism, laissez faire, reaction, fascism,
antisemitism, isolationism, Republican Party, Donald Trump

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:30 pm

What is your position of the economy? more specifically how do you think the Elizian government should direct its economic forces and how should we develop it?

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:32 pm

Alistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alistan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:39 pm

Insaeldor wrote:
Alistan wrote:
Any questions?

As an Imam, how far do you think religion should play in politics? should religion play a degree in national politics or are you a strong proponent of the separation of Mosque and state?

"There should be no religion involved when this country is secular, everyone realistically would reject religion in politics, and the Sharia commands Muslims to obey the authority of foreign lands as long as it doesn't contradict with Islamic teachings. I am a citizen and I am born in this country, and I am not going to impose the Islamic laws in a country where not all of the population is Muslim, I'm here to present values and laws to protect our country and to see Elizia function as the best states for tolerance and plurality of all types of ethnicities and religions as it was in Muslim Spain."

Filimons
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Filimons » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:41 pm

Having waited for the journalist to collect his answers from other parliamentarians, Dr Mourani said, “The IMF, I trust, understands our predicament, for it is painfully―and unfortunately―on display for the entire world to see. I do not believe it to be reasonable to simply ignore it; reason calls for mutual negotiation, understanding on their behalf and coöperation on ours. Elizia is still in treacherous waters; we now govern it, but that is not to be confused for a recovery; we, too, lack godly perfection and are capable of ruining things in ways not altogether foreign or at all dissimilar from those our predecessors used. We have all seen failed nations succumb to the ‘democratic euphoria’ and I, wishing for it not to happen here, feel the need to warn against it”.

“Mr Katdare, would you favour legislation intending to establish the English tongue as the national, unifying language of the state, thereby displacing our variety of the Malay tongue, Bahasa Elizia, in the administrative realm, save for occasions in which its continued use would be practical and sensible as part of our attempts to bring a ‘principled pragmatism’ to Elizia? Secondly, what views do you profess with regards to the so-called policies of ‘positive discrimination’ proposed by prominent sectors of the new governing forces of the union? To conclude, if anyone were to describe you as a ‘proud Elizian’, would you agree with this portrayal and consider it just?”
Alistan wrote:“There should be no religion involved when this country is secular, everyone realistically would reject religion in politics, and the Sharia commands Muslims to obey the authority of foreign lands as long as it doesn’t contradict with Islamic teachings. I am a citizen and I am born in this country, and I am not going to impose the Islamic laws in a country where not all of the population is Muslim. I’m here to present values and laws to protect our country and to see Elizia function as the best states for tolerance and plurality of all types of ethnicities and religions as it was in Muslim Spain.”

The punctilious professor’s characteristic persiflage was met with the bitterness of a man―indeed, a professor of philology and Gothophile―born to the Mediterranean in the proximity of the initiators and prime benefactors of his colleague’s faith. “Honourable member, I understand your advocacy for secularism in view of the Elizia’s situation; it would not be illogical for one to suspect that you are at the very least acquainted with the Ahmadiyya movement. Having lived in Spain for much of my exile and taught at perhaps the most prestigious (historically speaking, at least) university in the Iberian peninsula―namely, Alphonse IX’s institution, the University of Salamanca―, I am nevertheless compelled to bring attention to your error on the supposed ‘tolerance’ and ‘plurality’ of the invaders’ Spain. The convivencia began with violence and ended with it; the cruelty against the Christians of an Abd al-Rahman II shan’t be disregarded by the misinformed believers in the myth of the Andalusian paradise.”

The Union of the West
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of the West » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:32 pm

☩ Orthodox Christian ☩
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:49 pm

What are your opinions on relations with Anglophone Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)?

Filimons
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Filimons » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 am

Ms Katijah binti Nadeem, I have a number of questions to ask you:―
  • Firstly, would you approve of an initiative to implement habitual Western naming customs in Elizia? This would, of course, be limited to legal aspects of life and private citizens would remain free to use their naming customs in social settings and even as standards of secondary importance before the law.
  • It is impossible to hide your connection to your father and his politics. How do you plan to assuage any fears and reassure the electorate (and, especially, the Chinese minority) of the key differences despite the bonds of blood?
  • Would you support the institution of English as Elizia’s unifying language?

Froiiland wrote:
Gregory Francais (F.) Tasyzki - National Workers Party
Account Name: Froiiland

Party Position(s):
Party Member

Positions in Government:
Senator

Constituency: N/A
Political Ideology: Anarchist-Communist

Family: Jane Tasyzki, Maurice Tasyzki
Background: Gregory Francais Tasyzki was born to a family of four including his parents and his sister. He was schooled at a rural building that was a walking distance from his parent's factory. Although his parents were Buddhist he did not continue the religion and instead transferred to Christianity near birth. After finishing basic education he instead learned on his own from his family being too busy. He acknowledged the fact that the owner of his parent's work did not give them breaks and et cetera. He and his sister went to his uncles to receive more education and there he got into politics.

After ending this phase in his life he was a prominent activist in his teenage years. Although his parents did not enjoy him protesting they decided to let him go his way. After deciding his protests did almost nothing he changed his pace and decided to write short books seducing people to change. His books were not published and instead were rather terrible.
Faith: Christian

Likes: Anarchists, Communism, Protests, Anti-Establishment, Subsidies
Dislikes: Low Minium Wages, less business subsidies

• Open to Questions -

OOC: I’d humbly suggest another picture for your senator. Using that of Scott Surovell, a Virginian state senator, makes the tiny biographical detail of being born to Buddhist parents rather unrealistic. The name (especially the surname) is silly, too. My character is an Egyptian-born Maronite of Lebanese origin; ergo, I’ve no right to criticise you for using a picture of a non-East Asian, but it does seem nonsensical for an obviously European character with a pseudo-Polish surname to have a “native” cultural background.

Alistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alistan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:18 am

"The punctilious professor’s characteristic persiflage was met with the bitterness of a man―indeed, a professor of philology and Gothophile―born to the Mediterranean in the proximity of the initiators and prime benefactors of his colleague’s faith. “Honourable member, I understand your advocacy for secularism in view of the Elizia’s situation; it would not be illogical for one to suspect that you are at the very least acquainted with the Ahmadiyya movement. Having lived in Spain for much of my exile and taught at perhaps the most prestigious (historically speaking, at least) university in the Iberian peninsula―namely, Alphonse IX’s institution, the University of Salamanca―, I am nevertheless compelled to bring attention to your error on the supposed ‘tolerance’ and ‘plurality’ of the invaders’ Spain. The convivencia began with violence and ended with it; the cruelty against the Christians of an Abd al-Rahman II shan’t be disregarded by the misinformed believers in the myth of the Andalusian paradise."

The Senator Moghadam: "Senator Mourani, while I respect as a college, I do not take preconceptions seriously, by wrongly attributing my views to the Ahmadiyya movement, which I'm not. I'm just a Muslim, not of any denomination, and I do not involve myself in internal and tribalistic conflicts within Islam, same thing for Muslim Spain. The persecutions of Christians and Jews happened of course, but most of the time, Muslim Spain was in prosperity, and while I do not deny that some people who tell themselves they're Muslim kill and rape minorities in the Middle East, I am not like any of them. If you wish, go check what the Green Islam Organization has been doing in local communities as a charity group, not as a political group, and non discriminatory between all religions. Green Islam Organization is inspired by grassroots clinics in absence of universal healthcare; education in absence of religious and secular education. We may be just like any organization that may be Islamic in name, we do not repeat mistakes made by the last of them, and seek to be progressive. Does it help clarify myself and my positions? Everyone kills each other Senator Mourani, even Christians produced the biggest genocide in history, with the killings of 90% of Native Americans, while the Conquest of India did not go peacefully by killing 50,000,000. Does it answer any concerns or any misconceptions?"

Filimons
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Filimons » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:32 am

Alistan wrote:The Senator Moghadam: “Senator Mourani, while I respect as a college, I do not take preconceptions seriously, by wrongly attributing my views to the Ahmadiyya movement, which I’m not. I’m just a Muslim, not of any denomination, and I do not involve myself in internal and tribalistic conflicts within Islam, same thing for Muslim Spain. The persecutions of Christians and Jews happened of course, but most of the time, Muslim Spain was in prosperity, and while I do not deny that some people who tell themselves they’re Muslim kill and rape minorities in the Middle East, I am not like any of them. If you wish, go check what the Green Islam Organization has been doing in local communities as a charity group, not as a political group, and non discriminatory between all religions. Green Islam Organization is inspired by grassroots clinics in absence of universal healthcare; education in absence of religious and secular education. We may be just like any organization that may be Islamic in name, we do not repeat mistakes made by the last of them, and seek to be progressive. Does it help clarify myself and my positions? Everyone kills each other Senator Mourani, even Christians produced the biggest genocide in history, with the killings of 90% of Native Americans, while the Conquest of India did not go peacefully by killing 50,000,000. Does it answer any concerns or any misconceptions?”

“You misunderstand, Mr Moghadam; I compared your stance to that of the Ahmadiyya movement and noted the passing similarities, but sought neither to dishonour nor accuse you of membership. I subsequently sought to dismiss your apparent belief in the myth of the Andalusian paradise which I am rather fond of dismissing due both to my faith and my years as an academic in Spain and, more precisely, as a Salmanticense.”
Last edited by Filimons on Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:37 am

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:39 am

Senator Juwita bin Fajar is open to all questions. Also:

The debt developed by the ENC will remain a constant burden on our country for many years to come, and only a progressive economic policy were we help people to help themselves will ift our economy to the point where we can begin to pay back the debt. Of cause, we should never expect o pay it all back, even if the IMF wwants us to, and we must renogotiate to find a way to restructure a debt. We can't simply ignore it; we must rebuild our global reputation, and ignoring debt is no way to do that. But how do we do that? We must give businesses, especially multinational businesses, the freedom to invest and to grow, and using reasonable rates of corporation tax we can ensure that the nation gets its fair share. But where we help businesses, we must also help normal, working people. We must help the unemployed into work, and give the employed the scurity we need. We must set a minimum wage to ensure Elizians aren't being exploted, and a National Insurance scheme will help provide a small safety net provided you pay into it. And so, schemes like this and many more will allow us to grow the economy, and using this we can begin to deal with the staggering debt, and this and negotiaitons with the IMF and our debtors should help with the rest.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Alistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alistan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:46 am

Filimons wrote:
Alistan wrote:The Senator Moghadam: “Senator Mourani, while I respect as a college, I do not take preconceptions seriously, by wrongly attributing my views to the Ahmadiyya movement, which I’m not. I’m just a Muslim, not of any denomination, and I do not involve myself in internal and tribalistic conflicts within Islam, same thing for Muslim Spain. The persecutions of Christians and Jews happened of course, but most of the time, Muslim Spain was in prosperity, and while I do not deny that some people who tell themselves they’re Muslim kill and rape minorities in the Middle East, I am not like any of them. If you wish, go check what the Green Islam Organization has been doing in local communities as a charity group, not as a political group, and non discriminatory between all religions. Green Islam Organization is inspired by grassroots clinics in absence of universal healthcare; education in absence of religious and secular education. We may be just like any organization that may be Islamic in name, we do not repeat mistakes made by the last of them, and seek to be progressive. Does it help clarify myself and my positions? Everyone kills each other Senator Mourani, even Christians produced the biggest genocide in history, with the killings of 90% of Native Americans, while the Conquest of India did not go peacefully by killing 50,000,000. Does it answer any concerns or any misconceptions?”

You misunderstand, Mr Moghadam; I compared your stance to that of the Ahmadiyya movement and noted the passing similarities, but sought neither to dishonour nor accuse you of membership. I subsequently sought to dismiss your apparent belief in the myth of the Andalusian paradise which I am rather fond of dismissing due both to my faith and my years as an academic in Spain and, more precisely, as a Salmanticense.”

"While I do not deny any wrongdoing, I seek to right the wrong of what the Andalusian Muslims did, and while Andalusian Spain was unstable, this newly country should be stable enough to guarantee tolerance of religions and ethnicities, with a succession of rulers who tribalistic Islam or any other form of their zealotry, and while you may use your faith several times to prove I don't, I rely on examining both sides of the issues, while I find your stances comparable to Christian nationalism, citing your faith and history of your political activities and views on Islam and Muslims. You believe that we, as a religious group, have nefarious intents and purposes, while the intent and purposes of mine don't"

Alistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alistan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:54 am

Filimons
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Filimons » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:30 am

“Mr Mohammed bin Osman, how do you intend to prevent the natural unease in the chamber due to your pronouncements and the accusations levied against your person? Furthermore, what do you believe your place will be in this ‘New Elizia’ which has yet to crystallise and adopt a definitive post-ENC character?”
Normandy and Picardy wrote:Senator Juwita bin Fajar is open to all questions.

“Honourable member, what are your priorities in view of Elizia’s current situation? What do you hope to accomplish in the first days, weeks and months of government?”
Alistan wrote:“While I do not deny any wrongdoing, I seek to right the wrong of what the Andalusian Muslims did, and while Andalusian Spain was unstable, this new country should be stable enough to guarantee tolerance of religions and ethnicities, with a succession of rulers who tribalistic Islam or any other form of their zealotry, and while you may use your faith several times to prove I don’t, I rely on examining both sides of the issues, while I find your stances comparable to Christian nationalism, citing your faith and history of your political activities and views on Islam and Muslims. You believe that we, as a religious group, have nefarious intents and purposes, while the intent and purposes of mine don’t.”

“I have have professed no such belief before your ears and do believe the great connoisseurs of this language would approve of the term ‘conjecture’ for your declaration. Now, dear friend and compatriot, I believe it to be prudent to bring this discussion to an end; as an academic, I intended to politely insist on a correction. If I have offended you, you are in total liberty to collect a recalcitrant apology from me.”
OOC: I am not calling the Malay members by their surnames because, to my knowledge, these are patronymics, not surnames; if I recall correctly, the Malays consider it rude for the patronymic to be used alone.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:52 am

Filimons wrote:“Mr Mohammed bin Osman, how do you intend to prevent the natural unease in the chamber due to your pronouncements and the accusations levied against your person? Furthermore, what do you believe your place will be in this ‘New Elizia’ which has yet to crystallise and adopt a definitive post-ENC character?”

"My positions on various matters has been made clear, as is my innocence in any matters regarding the allegations around me. People can believe what they wish, and they are entitled to have opinions, as invalid and untruthful as they may be. Regarding your second question, my place will always be as it always has been. I will continue to advocate for societal and economic reform, to be a voice for all Muslims in Elizia and to bring about real social and economic change for the benefit of all Muslims."
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives