NATION

PASSWORD

The First Cabinet of Calaverde [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
Beta Test
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

The First Cabinet of Calaverde [NSG Senate]

Postby Beta Test » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:09 pm

The First Government of Calaverde

ImageImage

Welcome to the inaugural government of modern Calaverde. Here, the Cabinet of Calaverde shall meet to discuss policy, the legislative agenda and the issues of the day. As Prime Minister, it is my duty to coordinate and lead the activities of this vital body. The Cabinet has been chosen by myself and by President Malgrave, from among the best and brightest the LDP-DL coalition has to offer.

The Executive

President: Malgrave
Vice President: Maklohi Vai
Prime Minister: Beta Test

The Cabinet

Prime Minister: Beta Test
Deputy Prime Minister: Battlion
Minister of Interior: Unicario
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Argentarino
Minister of Finance: Atlanticatia
Minister of Justice: Valluto
Minister of Defence: Estva
Minister of Labor: Geilinor
Minister of Health: Zunkwentania
Minister of Education: Great Nepal
Minister of the Environment and Energy: Gothmogs
Minister of Social Development: Atlanticatia
Minister of Transport, Public Works and Urban Development: Ainin
Minister of Culture: Soviet Canuckistan
Minister of Science: Collatis
Minister of Commerce and Industry: Battlion
Minister of Agriculture and Rural Affairs: Sebastianbourg
Minister without Portfolio: Heraklea-
Last edited by Beta Test on Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Member of the Coalition of Workers and Farmers
Michael Ferreira: President of the Senate
Philip Awad: Former Secretary of Rural Development

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:13 pm

OOHHHHHH put the lib dem logo at the top! Controversy!
Slava Ukraini

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:19 pm

Minister Shadak Fantom walks in to the new building smiling as he whispers to his assistant "get someone to add my name to the largest corner office on highest floor that has not been claimed by the prime minister. And get someone to furnish it as well..."

OOC: Largely a tag, partially dibs on a corner office.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Atlanticatia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlanticatia » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:22 pm

*Tag.*
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95

Pros: social democracy, LGBT+ rights, pro-choice, free education and health care, environmentalism, Nordic model, secularism, welfare state, multiculturalism
Cons: social conservatism, neoliberalism, hate speech, racism, sexism, 'right-to-work' laws, religious fundamentalism
i'm a dual american-new zealander previously lived in the northeast US, now living in new zealand. university student.
Social Democrat and Progressive.
Hanna Nilsen, Leader of the SDP. Equality, Prosperity, and Opportunity: The Social Democratic Party

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:23 pm

OOC: Will we have a Deputy PM? Anyway, I announce my desire to compete for the vacant ministry.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:23 pm

Great Nepal wrote:Minister Shadak Fantom walks in to the new building smiling as he whispers to his assistant "get someone to add my name to the largest corner office on highest floor that has not been claimed by the prime minister. And get someone to furnish it as well..."

OOC: Depends what the set up is. The cabinet meetings could take place at the PMs official residence like in the UK. In which case you just walked into the wrong building. :rofl:
Last edited by The Nihilistic view on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Argentarino
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:26 pm

Shameless MoFA tag :P
Senator Sushila Fonseca
Red - Green Alliance, Fighting for your Fernão!

Beta Test
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Beta Test » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:26 pm

Salvador was sitting in the Cabinet conference room at his official residence, waiting for the Ministers to show up.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:27 pm

The Nihilistic view wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:Minister Shadak Fantom walks in to the new building smiling as he whispers to his assistant "get someone to add my name to the largest corner office on highest floor that has not been claimed by the prime minister. And get someone to furnish it as well..."

OOC: Depends what the set up is. The cabinet meets could take place at the PMs official residence like in the UK. In which case you just walked into the wrong building. :rofl:

OOC: Or the decorator is carving minister's name into one of the rooms in PM's home...

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:27 pm

Beta Test wrote:Salvador was sitting in the Cabinet conference room at his official residence, waiting for the Ministers to show up.

:lol2:
Minister Shadak Fantom walked into the wrong building after all!

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:35 pm

*tag*
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:05 pm

Minister of Health reporting.
I started NS on Nov 6, 2011. I accidentally let my original nation die.
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Unlucky 13th Aurentine Senator, and Former member of the first NSG senate party, the Left Alliance.
Also, bonobos.

Atlanticatia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlanticatia » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:08 pm

As Minister of Finance, I would like to keep a consistent dialogue with the rest of Cabinet so we can ensure all Ministries are properly funded and all proposals for spending can be fully costed.

Pros: social democracy, LGBT+ rights, pro-choice, free education and health care, environmentalism, Nordic model, secularism, welfare state, multiculturalism
Cons: social conservatism, neoliberalism, hate speech, racism, sexism, 'right-to-work' laws, religious fundamentalism
i'm a dual american-new zealander previously lived in the northeast US, now living in new zealand. university student.
Hanna Nilsen, Leader of the SDP. Equality, Prosperity, and Opportunity: The Social Democratic Party

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:12 pm

As the letter 'S' was being etched into one of the corner offices on fifteenth floor, senator Shadak looked out of the windows "the city looks so different from up here", he said quickly snapping a picture with his phone. As he tried to post selfie with the capital city as backdrop, there was no signal and quick look on his laptop revealed that that TomTom had brought him to the correct house... in the wrong city.
"Pack up, this is not the cabinet building", minister shouted throwing his satnav from fifteenth floor as he started to race back to the capital city and the cabinet meeting.

Atlanticatia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlanticatia » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:17 pm

Sebastían Luc Morales stood in the large lobby of the Cabinet building, and thought to himself, 'hmm, this would make a great post for Instagram!'

He then called out, "Do any other cabinet members want to get in my Cabinet selfie for my official political Instagram account?"
Last edited by Atlanticatia on Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:20 pm

Atlanticatia wrote:Sebastían Luc Morales stood in the large lobby of the Cabinet building, and thought to himself, 'hmm, this would make a great post for Instagram!'

He then called out, "Do any other cabinet members want to get in my Cabinet selfie for my official political Instagram account?"

Senator Mari nodded her head after "hearing" the translation from Jeff.
I started NS on Nov 6, 2011. I accidentally let my original nation die.
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Unlucky 13th Aurentine Senator, and Former member of the first NSG senate party, the Left Alliance.
Also, bonobos.

Estva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:27 pm

As Minister of Defence, I probably should start formulating an official military bill. My last one failed to get enough sponsors, so I will make another one and leave out the conscription nonsense for another time.
Last edited by Estva on Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Libdems.

Beta Test
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Beta Test » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:35 pm

Estva wrote:As Minister of Defence, I probably should start formulating an official military bill. My last one failed to get enough sponsors, so I will make another one and leave out the conscription nonsense for another time.

Indeed. During my PM campaign I proposed a smaller military and I intend to work with you on that.

Atlanticatia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlanticatia » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:35 pm

Gothmogs wrote:
Atlanticatia wrote:Sebastían Luc Morales stood in the large lobby of the Cabinet building, and thought to himself, 'hmm, this would make a great post for Instagram!'

Senator Mari nodded her head after "hearing" the translation from Jeff.

Since no one else decided to come into the selfie, Sebastían took out his phone and snapped a selfie of him and Senator Mari. "This will look great on Instagram!", he said.
He then captioned it "For change in Calaverde! Here's to the LDP-DL coalition! Excited to be Minister of Finance.. #nofilter #calaverdepol #thecabinet".

Estva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:51 pm

Beta Test wrote:
Estva wrote:As Minister of Defence, I probably should start formulating an official military bill. My last one failed to get enough sponsors, so I will make another one and leave out the conscription nonsense for another time.

Indeed. During my PM campaign I proposed a smaller military and I intend to work with you on that.

I'll get right on it then.
Join the Libdems.

Estva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:08 pm

Estva wrote:
The Calaverde Defence Act

Author: Senator Léon Suero
Sponsors:

Section 1 - Establishment:
1. This act shall hereby establish the Calaverde Armed Forces (CAF), with the goal of defending the nation and pursuing the collective security of its citizens using lethal force if necessary. In addition the CAF shall participate in humanitarian and peacekeeping missions, for the betterment of humanity as a whole.
2. The CAF shall be comprised of three branches. The Calaverde National Army (CNA), the Calaverde National Navy (CNN), and the Calaverde National Air force (CNAF).
3. Each branch shall have a Chief of Staff, apoointed by the Minister of Defence, who shall be the highest ranking officer of said branch.
4. The three Chiefs of Staff shall convene and make decisions regarding the military as a whole. As a group they shall be known as the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
5. Each Chief of Staff may be removed from office by the President.
6. The President of Calaverde shall be the Commander-in-chief of the CAF. Any order by the President shall overrule orders by a subordinate, so long as the order is within the President's legal powers.
7. The Minister of Defence shall have the same legal power of the President over the CAF, with the exception of overruling the President's orders.
8. Courts dealing with military matters and its laws shall be named the Calaverde Military Court System, and shall be an arm of the judiciary.
9. Funding shall be determined by the Calaverde legislature.
Section 2 - Membership:
1. All Calaverde citizens at or above the age of 18 may petition to join the CAF.
2. Physical and educational requirements may apply to different positions, as well as generally required physical and educational requirements for basic enlistment.
3. These requirements are to be decided by the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
4. The time period of enlistment obligation shall be decided by the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
5. These are subject to change by Calaverde legislation.
Section 3 - Limitations:
1. The CAF shall not be used for policing, with the exception of military installations or national emergency.
2. The CAF is not authorized to use lethal force on Calaverde citizens unless they are a) aiding an invading nation, b) aiding or otherwise taking violent part in a rebellion, c) actively taking part in a crime or fleeing from military police officers attempting to arrest them, on a military installation and/or d) attacking members or property of the CAF.
3. The CAF shall be subject to any international treaties or laws regarding human rights Calaverde has ratified.

Here is my military formulation draft. If their are any issues you have with it, or want to add anything, please feel free to do so.
Last edited by Estva on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Libdems.

Atlanticatia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlanticatia » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:15 pm

Estva wrote:
Estva wrote:
The Calaverde Defence Act

Author: Senator Léon Suero
Sponsors:

Section 1 - Establishment:
1. This act shall hereby establish the Calaverde Armed Forces (CAF), with the goal of defending the nation and pursuing the collective security of its citizens using lethal force if neccessary.
2. The CAF shall be comprised of three branches. The Calaverde National Army (CNA), the Calaverde National Navy (CNN), and the Calaverde National Air force (CNAF).
3. Each branch shall have a Chief of Staff, apoointed by the Minister of Defence, who shall be the highest ranking officer of said branch.
4. The three Chiefs of Staff shall convene and make decisions regarding the military as a whole. As a group they shall be known as the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
5. Each Chief of Staff may be removed from office by the President.
6. The President of Calaverde shall be the Commander-in-chief of the CAF. Any order by the President shall overrule orders by a subordinate, so long as the order is within the President's legal powers.
7. The Minister of Defence shall have the same legal power of the President over the CAF, with the exception of overruling the President's orders.
8. Courts dealing with military matters and its laws shall be named the Calaverde Military Court System, and shall be an arm of the judiciary.
9. Funding shall be determined by the Calaverde legislature.
Section 2 - Membership:
1. All Calaverde citizens at or above the age of 18 may petition to join the CAF.
2. Physical and educational requirements may apply to different positions, as well as generally required physical and educational requirements for basic enlistment.
3. These requirements are to be decided by the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
4. The time period of enlistment obligation shall be decided by the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
5. These are subject to change by Calaverde legislation.
Section 3 - Limitations:
1. The CAF shall not be used for policing, with the exception of military installations or national emergency.
2. The CAF is not authorized to use lethal force on Calaverde citizens unless they are a) aiding an invading nation, b) aiding or otherwise taking violent part in a rebellion, c) actively taking part in a crime or fleeing from military police officers attempting to arrest them, on a military installation and/or d) attacking members or property of the CAF.
3. The CAF shall be subject to any international treaties or laws regarding human rights Calaverde has ratified.

Here is my military formulation draft. If their are any issues you have with it, or want to add anything, please feel free to do so.

IMO Section 1.1 should have something about also pursuing humanitarian and peacekeeping missions. (not just defense)
Last edited by Atlanticatia on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Estva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:17 pm

Atlanticatia wrote:
Estva wrote:

IMO Section 1.1 should have something about also pursuing humanitarian and peacekeeping missions. (not just defense)

I'll add that.
Join the Libdems.

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:18 pm

Atlanticatia wrote:
Estva wrote:

I'll post here even though I am not a member of the Cabinet.
In my opinion, we shouldn't get involved in anything of that sort; we're well-off for Latin American standards but the money spent on the foreign missions could be put to use improving things in Calaverde.

Estva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:19 pm

Sebastianbourg wrote:
Atlanticatia wrote:

I'll post here even though I am not a member of the Cabinet.
In my opinion, we shouldn't get involved in anything of that sort; we're well-off for Latin American standards but the money spent on the foreign missions could be put to use improving things in Calaverde.

It being in the general purpose statement doesn't mean we have to actually do it. If the Senate votes on participating anyway, it wouldn't matter what it says, the CAF would participate.
Join the Libdems.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives