NATION

PASSWORD

Nathi's Nook: The Not-So Eternal

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Nathi's Nook: The Not-So Eternal

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:59 pm

Looking around on entry, you find yourself in a cozy sort of space.

Two opposite walls of the room are made of glass. Peering outside, you discover that this is a room that seems to be orbiting the ever-changing realm that comprises NS Earth. Below you is the Big Blue Marble and peaking over it in the far distance is the yellow sun. Glancing in from the other glass wall is the silver-blue moon, and everything else seen outside of them is deep, dark space sprinkled with twinkling stars.

The two remaining walls in the main area are of an earthen texture, one of which houses A softly glowing fire is burning which keeps the room the perfect temperature. There are many wooden tables and chairs of eclectic design set here and there, the number of which seem to shift as space is needed, as do the dimensions of the room. There is a never-empty cupboard filled with drinks that are always the right temperature, along with the necessary additions and implements for making them just right.

The mantlepiece above the fireplace holds a small boat made of china, several books who's topics and covers seem to change on occasion, and a delicate clock that chimes quietly on the hour and shows an intricate dance of tiny silver figures moving in and out of it to the music. Above it all, a large double-bladed axe is mounted, with a small plaque underneath naming it 'The Neutralizer'. An ancient, finely carved wooden table for one or two is set facing the moon, with an over-sized cushioned chair pulled up to it. On the table are some unfinished scrolls and a quill.

There are several guest rooms in the upper levels, reached by the spiral stairs winding up in the far corner of the place. They've been made available should anyone wish to stay for a prolonged period, with the understanding that what goes on there remains unspoken, and undisclosed amongst any visitors. Anyone who wishes to enter this place are welcome, so long as they leave their troubles at the door, and any negative engergies out there with them.

This is Nathi's Nook. And it is hoped that friends will feel welcome to gather and talk, to share and to grow, to support and to spread good will amongst their compatriots.

No, you do not need to rp to be here. Yes, the regular forum rules still apply. No, I will not tolerate any nastiness here of any kind. Yes, I do want folks to be able to find a safe haven of sorts where they can relax, and chat, without the worry of people harping all the time. If a behavior is out of place, I'll be happy to remind you. If I don't bark about it, I don't want anyone else barking either.

There will be absolutely no cybering of any sort - hence the nod to 'rooms' such as the Wombat and others have had, but the comment of 'don't post it here'. Just making that crystal clear right off the bat. We've had enough nasty. That goes for the many 'lets start fighting or drama-ing it up' as has happened in other location threads in F7. Just no.

Pseudo-rp. There's a time and place for it. I don't really care for it much myself, but there's a lot who do, and that's fine. A little here and there isn't bad. If it goes too far, or takes a wrong turn, then it isn't really welcome here.

There's threads dedicated to it. Those are probably the best places for it, if folks are looking to engage in it long-term. But a little for fun now and then isn't worth getting one's panties in a twist over, neh? Don't drag old crap in here to gnaw at like a dog with an old bone that they just can't seem to leave be. Don't borrow trouble. Don't deliberately push one another's buttons. And don't rp out silly 'fights' and destruction and all the rest of that nonsense. Characters and the like aren't really appropriate. Be yourselves. It's why folks wubs you after all.

Let's see how a more controlled environment goes for a little while, with a new face, a new atmosphere, and new management.
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taoju
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:03 pm

A whirring noise can be heard.

Oh. Another one. This makes it officially four informal chatrooms. I suppose this is where I can run some testing? No? Oh well. I have some cake if anyone is interested. Hopefully no birds appear.
The Republic of Taoju ― Tauzhur Mineli ― Таужур Минули

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:05 pm

Cake? Cake is good. So long as it isn't a lie. That would be bad. Not sure what you'd be testing, but hey - pull up a chair. And just don't burn the place down in the process. That might be mildly upsetting.

Stern des Meeres
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Stern des Meeres » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:05 pm

Nice place you've set up here, Nathi.
Sun Wukong wrote:All hail Stern. Empress of Nerds. Dread-Queen of TeT.
Other Thafoo wrote:hey stern, you should put this quote into your sig, it'll be fun

"bananas"
Esternial wrote:You're a good student, Sterny.

You'll accomplish great things.

Or end up faced down in the gutter, completely wasted.

Taoju
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Cake? Cake is good. So long as it isn't a lie. That would be bad. Not sure what you'd be testing, but hey - pull up a chair. And just don't burn the place down in the process. That might be mildly upsetting.

I do not lie. I have been completely honest. And testing? That is for science.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:07 pm

It's something I've had kicking around more or less since my coding days as a wizard on The Round Table 3. Old MUD, if that rings any bells for folks. Expanded it a tad for visitors, but it's what my workshop more or less looked like there. Good memories. Same name, even, without the 'not-so-eternal' tag.

I had a whole realm there waiting to be implemented, all coded up, and based on the British Isles and surrounding areas mythology - fae and all. Was fun.

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Hum...this seems to be a nice place to chat and stay.
*Begins setting up tent*

Stern des Meeres
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Stern des Meeres » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:It's something I've had kicking around more or less since my coding days as a wizard on The Round Table 3. Old MUD, if that rings any bells for folks. Expanded it a tad for visitors, but it's what my workshop more or less looked like there. Good memories. Same name, even, without the 'not-so-eternal' tag.

I had a whole realm there waiting to be implemented, all coded up, and based on the British Isles and surrounding areas mythology - fae and all. Was fun.

Wow, that's cool.
So here we are, I guess.

Taoju wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Cake? Cake is good. So long as it isn't a lie. That would be bad. Not sure what you'd be testing, but hey - pull up a chair. And just don't burn the place down in the process. That might be mildly upsetting.

I do not lie. I have been completely honest. And testing? That is for science.

If you're not lying...show us the cake. Please. Cake is good.
Other Thafoo wrote:hey stern, you should put this quote into your sig, it'll be fun

"bananas"

Taoju
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Stern des Meeres wrote:
Taoju wrote:I do not lie. I have been completely honest. And testing? That is for science.

Shows you a companion cube instead.

See? Cake. Sarcasm self test complete.

Stern des Meeres
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Stern des Meeres » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Taoju wrote:
Stern des Meeres wrote:

Shows you a companion cube instead.

*snatches*
I've always wanted one of these. They're cute little buggers.

"bananas"

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:11 pm

XD Awright, if I have to bring out the cake, can do. I'm sure I've mentioned I like to cook. And damned if il marito doesn't like all the things I can make that way, desert-wise. not that he complains, mind - but unless it's plain chocolate cake, meh. The pies, the donuts, the cookies, the bars, the puddings ... alas.

Taoju
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Stern des Meeres wrote:
Taoju wrote:Shows you a companion cube instead.

*snatches*

Don't throw it into an incinerator. You monster.

Stern des Meeres
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Stern des Meeres » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:13 pm

Taoju wrote:
Stern des Meeres wrote:*snatches*

Don't throw it into an incinerator. You monster.

Now why would I do that?

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:XD Awright, if I have to bring out the cake, can do. I'm sure I've mentioned I like to cook. And damned if il marito doesn't like all the things I can make that way, desert-wise. not that he complains, mind - but unless it's plain chocolate cake, meh. The pies, the donuts, the cookies, the bars, the puddings ... alas.

You're making my mouth water. Mmm. Pies, donuts, cookies, bars, and puddings all sound delicious.
Last edited by Stern des Meeres on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"bananas"

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14 pm

*sits down and starts playing guitar*
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14 pm

A guest room? Does it have a awesome King Bed? A jacuzzi. If so, I may just squat here.
Centrist, Ordoliberal, Bisexual, Agnostic, Pro Social Market Economy, Pro Labour Union, Secular Humanist, Cautious Optimist, Pro LGBT, Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro Humanitarian Intervention etc etc.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Liberal/Authoritarian: -6.62
Political Stuff I Wrote
Why Pinochet and Allende were both terrible
The UKIP: A Bad Choice for Britain
Why South Africa is in a sorry state, and how it can be fixed.
Massive List of My OOC Pros and Cons
Hey, Putin! Leave Ukraine Alone!

Taoju
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Stern des Meeres wrote:
Taoju wrote:Don't throw it into an incinerator. You monster.

Now why would I do that?

You murdered me. I was only testing you. Therefore, you put the companion cube into the incinerator. No one but you can be this pointlessly cruel.

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:15 pm

*Walks in* Hey, look. I was right.
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Officially Thernsymantic!
Statty: Un-Daughter
New Cinoth: Insane Mistress
Sungai: Cousin of Sorts
Pinki3: Living Cupcake
LadyRebels: The Witch
Fort: That Crazy Guy in the Corner
Gidge: The Fluffy Queen
Valerie: Vampire Cookie Queen
Glee: Glee-chan
Greater Appalachia: The Ghost
Earthy/Uni: Platonic Lover
Nana: Kitteh Mama

Gallade wrote:My Little Morlo, Abduction is Magic~

I am the Night. I am Nightmare and Shadow, I am Fear and Death, I am Rest and Peace. I am your deepest Fears, I am your greatest Comfort. I am all you hide from, and yet, I am all you want.

Meritocratic States
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic States » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:15 pm

-walks in-

Hm... cozy.

-Brings out the wine-

Hello, fellas.
This nation is now being retired.
Good-night, sweet prince.
Hello, Gristol-Serkonos.

Stern des Meeres
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Stern des Meeres » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Taoju wrote:
Stern des Meeres wrote:Now why would I do that?

You murdered me. I was only testing you. Therefore, you put the companion cube into the incinerator. No one but you can be this pointlessly cruel.

You must have the wrong person. I'm only cruel when I have a reason to be.

"bananas"

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:15 pm

I always figured guest rooms would have whatever was needed to have, really. Kinda the point. Just don't need to see pages of what y'all do or don't do in there filling up the joint. It passes the bounds of good taste, that.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Morlodania wrote:*Walks in* Hey, look. I was right.

Right about what, dare we ask? Inquiring minds want to know, and all that.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Can this cat get a reclining chair? Or a window seat?
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:
Looking around on entry, you find yourself in a cozy sort of space.

Two opposite walls of the room are made of glass. Peering outside, you discover that this is a room that seems to be orbiting the ever-changing realm that comprises NS Earth. Below you is the Big Blue Marble and peaking over it in the far distance is the yellow sun. Glancing in from the other glass wall is the silver-blue moon, and everything else seen outside of them is deep, dark space sprinkled with twinkling stars.

The two remaining walls in the main area are of an earthen texture, one of which houses A softly glowing fire is burning which keeps the room the perfect temperature. There are many wooden tables and chairs of eclectic design set here and there, the number of which seem to shift as space is needed, as do the dimensions of the room. There is a never-empty cupboard filled with drinks that are always the right temperature, along with the necessary additions and implements for making them just right.

The mantlepiece above the fireplace holds a small boat made of china, several books who's topics and covers seem to change on occasion, and a delicate clock that chimes quietly on the hour and shows an intricate dance of tiny silver figures moving in and out of it to the music. Above it all, a large double-bladed axe is mounted, with a small plaque underneath naming it 'The Neutralizer'. An ancient, finely carved wooden table for one or two is set facing the moon, with an over-sized cushioned chair pulled up to it. On the table are some unfinished scrolls and a quill.

There are several guest rooms in the upper levels, reached by the spiral stairs winding up in the far corner of the place. They've been made available should anyone wish to stay for a prolonged period, with the understanding that what goes on there remains unspoken, and undisclosed amongst any visitors. Anyone who wishes to enter this place are welcome, so long as they leave their troubles at the door, and any negative engergies out there with them.

This is Nathi's Nook. And it is hoped that friends will feel welcome to gather and talk, to share and to grow, to support and to spread good will amongst their compatriots.

The small print: No, you do not need to rp to be here. Yes, the regular forum rules still apply. No, I will not tolerate any nastiness here of any kind. Yes, I do want folks to be able to find a safe haven of sorts where they can relax, and chat, without the worry of people harping all the time. If a behavior is out of place, I'll be happy to remind you. If I don't bark about it, I don't want anyone else barking either. There will be absolutely no cybering of any sort - hence the nod to 'rooms' such as the Wombat and others have had, but the comment of 'don't post it here'. Just making that crystal clear right off the bat. We've had enough nasty. That goes for the many 'lets start fighting or drama-ing it up' as has happened in other location threads in F7. Just no. Let's see how a more controlled environment goes for a little while, with a new face, a new atmosphere, and new management.

I find it a twist of coincidence that we both posted our threads at the same time. It seems like yours is more pseudo-RP oriented, though.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Taoju
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Stern des Meeres wrote:
Taoju wrote:You murdered me. I was only testing you. Therefore, you put the companion cube into the incinerator. No one but you can be this pointlessly cruel.

You must have the wrong person. I'm only cruel when I have a reason to be.

Oh. You are correct. You have an uncannily similar appearance to a previous test subject. Did I mention you also look like little Caroline? Too bad I deleted her.

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:
Morlodania wrote:*Walks in* Hey, look. I was right.

Right about what, dare we ask? Inquiring minds want to know, and all that.

*Shrugs* Nothing particular. I made a prediction privately, and it turns out I was right.

Psychicness 13, Universe 2.
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Officially Thernsymantic!
Statty: Un-Daughter
New Cinoth: Insane Mistress
Sungai: Cousin of Sorts
Pinki3: Living Cupcake
LadyRebels: The Witch
Fort: That Crazy Guy in the Corner
Gidge: The Fluffy Queen
Valerie: Vampire Cookie Queen
Glee: Glee-chan
Greater Appalachia: The Ghost
Earthy/Uni: Platonic Lover
Nana: Kitteh Mama

Gallade wrote:My Little Morlo, Abduction is Magic~

I am the Night. I am Nightmare and Shadow, I am Fear and Death, I am Rest and Peace. I am your deepest Fears, I am your greatest Comfort. I am all you hide from, and yet, I am all you want.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives