NATION

PASSWORD

The Classical Monarchist Party: Official HQ [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
The Classical Monarchist Party
Civilian

Founded: Aug 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Classical Monarchist Party: Official HQ [NSG Senate]

Postby The Classical Monarchist Party » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:07 am

ANNOUNCEMENT: Warm welcomes to all perspective members! To be officially accepted into the Party, please ask in this thread for the Lord President or Chairman to accept you. Please do ask- being accepted in the Senate Applications thread by NSG Admin does not automatically make you a Party member as you must be approved by the internal Party hierarchy.

Welcome to the official headquarters of the Classical Monarchist Party, the Aurentine Commonwealth's only traditionalist conservative politicial party. One of the oldest parties in the Senate, we stand as we always have for deference to tradition, gradual progress, organic society, respect for religious belief and faith, inclusive patriotism and strong constitutional monarchy at federal and provincial level. Our beliefs are not swayed by an ever-changing world but grounded in the timeless values of our civilization. We believe in loyalty, honesty, hard work, cooperation, faith and respect.
- Otto Karl Ludwig, Graf von Tyrannien, Lord President of the Classical Monarchist Party

Is the Classical Monarchist Party right for me?

The Classical Monarchist Party welcomes discussion and constructive debate among its members. We do not adhere slavishly to our doctrines and beliefs. However, we have a core set of values which we expect all members to share at least three of. These are summarised in the Five Pillars of the Classical Monarchist Party, each one a summary of our beliefs in each of five major policy areas:

Economic: Mercantilism
    Social: Conservatism
    Political: Monarchism
    Cultural: Classicism
    Environmental: Conservationism

If you agree with at least three of these five pillars, there is a place in the Classical Monarchist Party for you. We welcome all reputable citizens who agree with our aims. To become a member of the Classical Monarchist Party, simply state your wish to join below and we will add you to the membership list in due time.

Note: Those who are not yet senators are asked to join the NSG Senate here in order to contribute to debates and votes in the Senate on behalf of the Classical Monarchist Party.
Last edited by The Classical Monarchist Party on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Members' List

Postby The Classical Monarchist Party » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:07 am

Last edited by The Classical Monarchist Party on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:11 am, edited 44 times in total.

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Manifesto

Postby The Classical Monarchist Party » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:08 am

Classical Monarchist Party Manifesto

Classical Monarchist Manifesto:

An Introduction to the Classical Monarchist mindset

More than three centuries before our Lord, Jesus Christ, was born a philosopher held in high esteem even today remarked, "Monarchy is the one system of government where power is exercised for the good of all." That philosopher was Aristotle and We, of the Classical Monarchist Party, believe that contemporary society would do well to heed those words. It can hardly be disputed that humanity prospered as never before alongside the rule of monarchists. It can hardly be disputed that the "age of democracy, beginning with the French Revolution and, yet, perpetuating beyond, has seen the world descend into decivilized debauchery and decadence among the political elite. No monarchist oversaw the drafting of tens of millions. No monarchist saw the obliteration of entire populations. No monarchist ever committed genocide on the scale of the democratist regimes.

And yet our political opponents would have you and your children believe that it is blessed democracy that holds the Charybdis of chaos at bay - the Classical Monarchists recognize the fallacy in such a statement. Democracy is no check on chaos - she is no repudiation of Charybdis. Democracy is Scylla and history has, repeatedly, borne this observation.

History has also borne out the simple truth that, in order for mankind to walk the narrow and nigh impossible path between the dangers of Scylla and Charybdis - of poisoned corruption and a spiraling descent into oblivion - Monarchy has ever been the constant nurturer and guide - the Thetis - of mankind. It has always been by the light of our ancestry, our tradition, and our culture that mankind has prospered.

The Classical Monarchist Party would have beloved Aurentina honor the role of our Thetis. Aurentina deserves a just government that transcends the frailties of graft and licentiousness. Only monarchy can guide this nation between Scylla and Charybdis.

Under a democracy there is no endearing respect of authority but, rather, a fear of power. A non-ceremonial monarch can and does dismantle the pendulum of political despotism afflicting democratic regimes by presenting the population with a constant figure of unity and moral conduct befitting appropriate government.

Monarchy

The Classical Monarchist Party does not believe in the arbitrary rule of one person. However, neither do we believe that the Senate, controlled by disproportionately represented left-wing liberal and far-left authoritarian groups, should have absolute control over our nation. We believe in restoring the monarchical system to Aurentina, with a King who is not absolute, but not entirely ceremonial; restricted by law and custom, but not restrained by the Senate and thus able to act as a non-partisan, non-elected balance to the Senate's power, as an example of moral conduct and as a figure of unity for our diverse society. Only under a monarchy can the rich cultural legacy of our nation and our traditional liberties be preserved.

Traditional Values

The Classical Monarchist Party is unequivocally a socially reactionary and conservative party. Culture and all the contributing aspects of it - from language to religion - and the perseverance of it are of paramount importance. Faith is central to the CMP approach to government. However, this is not a theocratic perspective. It is an ecclesiastic perspective. Faith is composed of elements of the whole. It is no tyrannical Authenteo but a Philophrosyne - an inviting and friendly creature. Accordingly, the CMP believes that matters of conscience and propriety should be bound up with Faith and Tradition. This, obviously, includes the family which is, by its very nature, the most basic of governing factors in individual life. It is from this perspective that the CMP roots it's opposition to the national extension of rights to gender and sexual minorities arbitrarily via legislative fiat. Such issues create social turmoil and jeopardize cultural and traditional values. Such issues, we believe, should be addressed organically and more locally.

Economy

The CMP contains proponents of various economic systems, ranging from paternalistic corporatism to laissez-faire capitalism. The party, however, is generally in favour of a mercantilist economic system. We believe in protectionism, subsidizing exports while discouraging imports, centralizing currency decisions in the hands of the central government and achieving a favourable balance of trade. We are also united in our opposition to communism, while accepting the rights of labour to form unions and engage in collective negotiation with employers and the government, provided their actions are not disruptive.

Immigration

The Classical Monarchist Party considers the immigrant as the immigrant is - integral and relevant to national interests. Throughout her history Aurentina has been influenced and enhanced by immigration. We would see such reality reaffirmed and recognized as a national boon. However, this integral approach to immigration should not be considered synonymous with "multiculturalism." It is an interculturist position that the CMP takes. Immigrants should, we believe, integrate with, and contribute to, existing Aurentine society in order that they might maintain their own cultural identity as well as enhance the national identity.

Conservation and the Environment

Conservationism is a key pillar of the Classical Monarchist Party. We Classical Monarchists seek to protect the hetitage of the great Aurentine people and nation, be that its cultural heritage or its rich biodiversity and scenery. To this end, the Party supports the creation of a "green belt" around growing towns and cities to prevent urban sprawl and the loss of the Aurentine countryside. We also wish to encourage the installation of energy-saving mechanisms in all buildings, such as solar roof panels, double glazed windows and roof installation, except where doing so may damage the character of older buildings and so affect the cultural heritage of Aurentina. We favour increasing research into renewable energy sources, such as wind, wave, geothermal and solar, to wean Aurentina off environmentally damaging fossil fuels and at the same time decrease our dependence on foreign nations for energy production. We support the creation and maintenance of national parks and schemes to protect endangered species of plants and animals, such as seed banks and captive breeding schemes, to preserve the biodiversity of both Aurentina and the world.

Foreign Affairs

The Classical Monarchist Party supports a case-by-case examination on all matters of Foreign Affairs. The ultimate goal of course being the well-being of Aurentine people and interests. We support a well trained and neutral armed forces. These forces should exist solely to safeguard the security of our nation, from possibly hostile entities. The lives of brave and loyal soldiers is not something that should be frivolously discarded. The CMP is against the uninvited interference in the activities of other nations. Except when these activities endanger the interests of our nation, or seriously offend common sensibilities and morals. In addition all attempts by foreign powers to interfere with or disrupt the internal workings of Aurentina, should be met with stiff resistance.

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by The Classical Monarchist Party on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Civilian

Ex-Nation

News and Information

Postby The Classical Monarchist Party » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:08 am

News and Information

3rd September 2013

Titolli di Medici Appointed Chairman of the Party

Today, Senator Titolli di Medici was appointed Chairman of the Classical Monarchist Party by our Lord President, Lord von Tyrannien, after the only other candidate Senator Celritannia graciously backed down citing his agreement with Senator di Medici's viewpoints and stating that he felt it would be unnecessary to run against him. Chairman di Medici will now become the fourth Chairman of the Party, being preceded by Otto Karl Ludwig Graf von Tyrannien, Reinhard Lohengramm von Irredento, and Irving Diopolis. Congratulations to the new Chairman and all the best to outgoing Chairman Irving Diopolis, a founding member of the Party who remains a full and active member.
Last edited by The Classical Monarchist Party on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Extra Storage Space

Postby The Classical Monarchist Party » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:09 am

Reserved.

Battlion
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:35 am

As Minister of Education, I am here to ask the Classical Monarchist Party their opinion of Tuition fees for Higher Education as part of the consultation from the Ministry of Education.

Any opinions and contributions are welcome in the Ministry of Education thread.

Distruzio
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 28, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Distruzio » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 am

I do so enjoy a new place to smoke and drink!
Eastern Orthodox Christian
Christ is King
Glorify Him

capitalism is not natural
secularism is not neutral
liberalism is not tolerant

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Battlion wrote:As Minister of Education, I am here to ask the Classical Monarchist Party their opinion of Tuition fees for Higher Education as part of the consultation from the Ministry of Education.

I approve of tuition fees (Currently have a student loan IRL :P).

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Battlion
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Battlion wrote:As Minister of Education, I am here to ask the Classical Monarchist Party their opinion of Tuition fees for Higher Education as part of the consultation from the Ministry of Education.

Would you be open to free university education?

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby The Classical Monarchist Party » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:33 am

Distruzio wrote:I do so enjoy a new place to smoke and drink!

No smoking, please. I can't stand the smell. If you must take tobacco, please snuff it.
We do have a bar, however...
Celritannia wrote:I approve of tuition fees (Currently have a student loan IRL :P).

Nice to see you're still around, Cel. Have a drink on the house. That goes for both of you.

And our clever, stunningly handsome Lord President, of course.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:36 am

Why thank you, perfect stranger. This is totally not a tag, by the way.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Atelia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Atelia » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:38 am

Celritannia wrote:

Well lucky you. :roll:
Orthodox Crusader, Proud Pontic Greek living in Moscow, Traditionalist, Eurasianist, ENTJ single man.

☩Defend Humanity, Rebel Against The Modern World☩

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:39 am

Atelia wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

Well lucky you. :roll:

Welcome, Atelia. Have a drink and a bowl of nuts.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:11 am

Meaningless tag post disguised as a comment on the new HQ(albeit poorly).
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:23 am

Still a member. *Downs a Scotch*
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:41 am

The Classical Monarchist Party wrote:
Celritannia wrote:I approve of tuition fees (Currently have a student loan IRL :P).

Nice to see you're still around, Cel. Have a drink on the house. That goes for both of you.

Aye.

I got back home from my holiday a couple of days ago.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Rhodesi
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesi » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:51 am

Nice
NSG Senate: Classical Monarchist Party
"Wherever an altar is found, there civilization exists" - Joseph De Maistre

"It is one of man's curious idiosyncrasies to create difficulties for the pleasure of resolving them" - Joseph De Maistre

"The United Nations is useless...and also harmful. It is a land that flowers demagoguery with a bunch of newborn countries, devoid of any tradition." - Antonio de Oliveira Salazar

"If a nation does not want a monarchy, change the nation’s mind. If a nation does not need a monarchy, change the nation’s needs" - Jan Christiaan Smuts

"So, it's possible to be a democracy without gay-pride parades, hmm?" - Lyttenburgh - July 2013

Political Compass: Economic Right: 7.12, Social Authoritarian: 5.54

Atelia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Atelia » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:39 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:
Atelia wrote:Well lucky you. :roll:

Welcome, Atelia. Have a drink and a bowl of nuts.

Well thank you. *takes a nut*
Orthodox Crusader, Proud Pontic Greek living in Moscow, Traditionalist, Eurasianist, ENTJ single man.

☩Defend Humanity, Rebel Against The Modern World☩

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

The Holy NeoSpanish Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy NeoSpanish Empire » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:43 pm

i agree with the new view of classical monarchy and i appeal to join

Ceroulia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceroulia » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Hai, guise.
I am a composer. My main influences are Mahler, Schoenberg, Wagner, Ravel, Stravinsky and Scriabin.
Member of the Classical Monarchist Party

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:01 pm

*Walks in*
I like the new headquarters guys. Very monarchist.
*Walks out*

OOC: Totally not a tag
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

Maryginia
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Maryginia » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:27 am

Old Tyrannia wrote:

Why thank you, perfect stranger. This is totally not a tag, by the way.

Neither is this.
PRO ISRAEL AND DAMN PROUD
TAKE BACK MUSIC!
Impeach Pop music, Legalize creativity, Auto-tune is theft, Real Music forever

I SIDE WITH UKRAINE

Saracenia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saracenia » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:52 am

I smell a swift counter-revolution against commie bastards.
Member of Screw Realism! thread and you should too!

The Holy NeoSpanish Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy NeoSpanish Empire » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:17 am

death to liberalism¡

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:37 pm

The Holy NeoSpanish Empire wrote:death to liberalism¡

There is nothing wrong with Liberalism :(.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives