NATION

PASSWORD

A Hitchhikers Guide to F7 [F7 INFO + Q/A]

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Might I nominate my thread: The F7 Guide to World History as a link?
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Qazox wrote:Might I nominate my thread: The F7 Guide to World History as a link?

Thinks for reminding me, I'd been meaning to watch this and see if that thread went anywhere.

Though, you're kind of playing with yourself, there, aren't cha? :P

I'll add it in.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
Qazox wrote:Might I nominate my thread: The F7 Guide to World History as a link?

Thinks for reminding me, I'd been meaning to watch this and see if that thread went anywhere.

Though, you're kind of playing with yourself, there, aren't cha? :P

I'll add it in.

:o
thanks (maybe someone besides myself will get teh few jokes i threw in there) and alos maybe some more people can add to the "history"
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:31 pm

Transnapastain wrote:The F7 Trainer's

In an effort to bring less derp and more herp to RP's in F7, players have banded together to form the F7 Trainers. Its an extremely lofty goal with some dedicated staff who really have the best interest of F7 roleplay at heart, but honestly, the OP does a better job to summing up their mission and purpose than any summary I'll write can do so READ IT NAO!

This should be perhaps rewritten or even removed, no?
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:38 pm

Cromarty wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:The F7 Trainer's

In an effort to bring less derp and more herp to RP's in F7, players have banded together to form the F7 Trainers. Its an extremely lofty goal with some dedicated staff who really have the best interest of F7 roleplay at heart, but honestly, the OP does a better job to summing up their mission and purpose than any summary I'll write can do so READ IT NAO!

This should be perhaps rewritten or even removed, no?

Considering it appears to be defunct, I'll remove it... Tomorrow

Cromarty
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:52 pm

o/

Nice to see this still going (unlike my previous F7 guides :D)
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:22 pm

It is my humblest opinion that the example RP threads be updated. All of those RP threads, while great examples, should be recycled periodically to give a more wide-ranged view of what RP threads F7 has to offer.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:It is my humblest opinion that the example RP threads be updated. All of those RP threads, while great examples, should be recycled periodically to give a more wide-ranged view of what RP threads F7 has to offer.

They really should, though, the examples were chosen due to being archived and not active. Something wroth keeping is something worth viewing.

How about this? I can take suggestions, or locate on my own, active RPs to "feature" for a length of time.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:27 am

Transnapastain wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:It is my humblest opinion that the example RP threads be updated. All of those RP threads, while great examples, should be recycled periodically to give a more wide-ranged view of what RP threads F7 has to offer.

They really should, though, the examples were chosen due to being archived and not active. Something wroth keeping is something worth viewing.

How about this? I can take suggestions, or locate on my own, active RPs to "feature" for a length of time.

That sounds cool. Like a weekly or monthly "Featured RP".
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

The New Texas Lands
Envoy

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Texas Lands » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
Cromarty wrote:This should be perhaps rewritten or even removed, no?

... I still disagree with the descision to lock it...

But I do have a question about the weekly spotlight for RPs: How would you decide what to show? Would it be like whatever suits your fancy or would you take suggestions? Or is it something I'm completely missing?
Katganistan wrote:"I'm getting DEATed in the morning
Hot Damn! those Mods are gonna smile
Spammed Moderation
Got a bannination
My nation's getting DEAT in style!
Katganistan wrote:
Shanix wrote:So basically all the mods?

Ooooh, no, we're not ALL female....
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:What's the difference between a GAP T-shirt and Aquitayne's corpse?

I don't have a GAP T-shirt in my closet.
Utceforp wrote:Tex is amazing, when he sweats, he sweats out chuck norrisses. Everyone loves Tex, even Seneca Crane's beard loves him, as well as his sweat-chuck-norrisses. If I were attacked by a bear cavalry army, I would ask for help from Tex. Tex is cool

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:33 pm

The New Texas Lands wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

... I still disagree with the descision to lock it...

But I do have a question about the weekly spotlight for RPs: How would you decide what to show? Would it be like whatever suits your fancy or would you take suggestions? Or is it something I'm completely missing?

I'd imagine it'd end up being whatever suits my fancy, but, I'd of course be open to suggests. I'd read them and check the content, see if its more than one line RP crap. also, maybe I'll keep an eye out and see what RP's tend to spend a lot of time on page 1 and 2

However, as I said, I don't have a problem with people nominating an RP.

The New Texas Lands
Envoy

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Texas Lands » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:50 am

Transnapastain wrote:
The New Texas Lands wrote:... I still disagree with the descision to lock it...

I'd imagine it'd end up being whatever suits my fancy, but, I'd of course be open to suggests. I'd read them and check the content, see if its more than one line RP crap. also, maybe I'll keep an eye out and see what RP's tend to spend a lot of time on page 1 and 2

However, as I said, I don't have a problem with people nominating an RP.

Oh, ok! Thanks for responding.
Katganistan wrote:"I'm getting DEATed in the morning
Hot Damn! those Mods are gonna smile
Spammed Moderation
Got a bannination
My nation's getting DEAT in style!
Katganistan wrote:
Shanix wrote:So basically all the mods?

Ooooh, no, we're not ALL female....
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:What's the difference between a GAP T-shirt and Aquitayne's corpse?

I don't have a GAP T-shirt in my closet.
Utceforp wrote:Tex is amazing, when he sweats, he sweats out chuck norrisses. Everyone loves Tex, even Seneca Crane's beard loves him, as well as his sweat-chuck-norrisses. If I were attacked by a bear cavalry army, I would ask for help from Tex. Tex is cool

Natair
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Natair » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:25 pm

Is it okay to put a link to my profiles on x other forum in my signature inside a spoiler?
Proud AFKer since 2013
Economic Left/Right: -8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67
I'm just going to say this now and get it out of the way: Mods, Admins, and Mentors are not out to get you. There is no conspiracy. They're not going to waste their time and energy on one insignificant human being who's feeling sorry for themself. The world ain't out to get you; you're just paranoid.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Natair wrote:Is it okay to put a link to my profiles on x other forum in my signature inside a spoiler?

Are you asking me about a specific forum or other forums in general? Got to tell you up front thats a better question addressed by reading the rules and, if that doesn't satisfy, perhaps a post in moderation.

I believe that is acceptable so long as the other forum isn't a "rival" to NS, such as E-republic or Cyber-nation. Also, if its a profile on a forum that endorses something illegal or something outside of the code of conduct set forth by the game, I'd not do so. Finally, if its something you stand to gain benefit from people visiting, like a link to a website you sell cookies or some such from, I also believe that would be a no-no.

If its to your profile on your quilting forum or something, I've seen people with links of other forums in the past. I don't think its an issue. Would be up to a moderator to make a final decision on that.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be inside a spoiler, though.

Republic Of Hell
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Hell » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:36 am

Could someone lock/remove this thread? Apparently one exists already.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=176933

Economic Left/Right: 9.45
Social Authoritarian/Libertarian: 8.78
Foreign Policy Non-Interventionist/Neo-Conservative: -2.03
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: -4.68

I am an Anarcho-Capitalist.

Don't believe it when they say they're trying to save us. Why would they bother? They've got exactly what they want exactly where they want it.

Natair
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Natair » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:39 pm

Republic Of Hell wrote:Could someone lock/remove this thread? Apparently one exists already.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=176933

Moderator subforum is your best bet
Proud AFKer since 2013
Economic Left/Right: -8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67
I'm just going to say this now and get it out of the way: Mods, Admins, and Mentors are not out to get you. There is no conspiracy. They're not going to waste their time and energy on one insignificant human being who's feeling sorry for themself. The world ain't out to get you; you're just paranoid.

Republic Of Hell
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Hell » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Do forum-based strategy games count as roleplay in the regard that I can have the rules enforced by the mods if I please?

Economic Left/Right: 9.45
Social Authoritarian/Libertarian: 8.78
Foreign Policy Non-Interventionist/Neo-Conservative: -2.03
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: -4.68

I am an Anarcho-Capitalist.

Don't believe it when they say they're trying to save us. Why would they bother? They've got exactly what they want exactly where they want it.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Republic Of Hell wrote:Do forum-based strategy games count as roleplay in the regard that I can have the rules enforced by the mods if I please?

I would imagine so, it's a form of role play, in any case. If you're the OP and someone is not following the rules set forth in the OP, you could report them for that and ask their posts be removed and/or that they not post in that particular thread. Thread ownership, as I understand it, dos extend to RP's in Forum 7, so as long as what you're doing could be viewed as role playing, you should be alright to make a request. It might be more tricky if the game is something like the "Kill using three words" or "Rate the X above you" type thread. I imagine such requests would be judged on a case by case basis.

You should of course, try and clear up any misunderstanding with them before taking such action, via posts or TG. A little kindness goes a long way in situations like that. If they persist after you've spoken with them, I'd imagine you could be warranted in seeking further actions. Also, you should be sure that such action is really necessary, 'twould be bad to make repeated requests for the same thing, you know.
Last edited by Transnapastain on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anhereim
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Anhereim » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:56 pm

...I'm allowed to use multiple nations in "poster above you" games, correct? This isn't my main nation.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Tue May 01, 2012 11:41 pm

Unless the OP's rules request to stick to one nation, I'd say thats alright. I've seen a few that do that, such as the "guess who the poster above you. (I should restart that)

Unless you intend to use various nations to post, one after the otehr, in effect playing the game by yourself. Thats poor form and probably spamming too. I'd suggest not doing that.

But if you're playing a game while logged onto an alt, post, and then come back later with your main because you enjoy the game, I see no issues there.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun May 20, 2012 2:54 pm

You may want to mention Location Threads now.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun May 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You may want to mention Location Threads now.

I'm aware hoss. :P

I'm also lazy, I said in the stick I'd get around to it...eventually. :P (Probably tomorrow or Tuesday)

Timsvill
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Timsvill » Sun May 20, 2012 7:29 pm

can you post live wach party post? were you talk about sporting events that are happing live?
Right Wing Libertarian

“I love my country, not my government.”
― Jesse Ventura

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Mon May 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Timsvill wrote:can you post live wach party post? were you talk about sporting events that are happing live?

There's no easy answer to this question, as it all depends on the content of the discussion going on on whether it would be enough content to belong in General or if it would simply fit better in Forum 7. It solely depends on whether the OP develops an original post worthy of discussion or if it's just simply reactions to what's going on with one/two-liners. The former would ease it's way into General while the latter would be okay here.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Tue May 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Alright, OP updated:

Transnapastain wrote:Location, location, location (threads)

With the announcement that free enterprise has once again returned to the universe of F7, players are allowed, even encouraged, to open their own various establishment for their pleasure and the joy of others. No restriction has been placed on the type of establishment that can be opened (outside of those whose service, actions or antics would violate the site rules).

While free enterprise, out there in the meat world, might well entail competitive business tactics and hostile take overs, the regulated economy of F7 negates the need for aggressive promotion and competition between business, establishments and other locations. Besides, there's no need to complete, we all know..."if you build it, they will come..."

In the case where organizations may find that they are at odds over some minor (or major) issue, they would be well advised to ignore one another, as there is infinite room is the ever-expanding F7 galaxy for all of us.

The owner of the establishment has the right to ask any person or persons to leave at any time. If asked to do so, please simply show yourself out the door, and do not return until you have cleared it with the management (via telegram) As always, the owners rights within the establishment are superseded by the site moderation staff.

((If my metaphor was lost on you, let me be plain. The reason location threads were removed in the first place was due to rivalry arising between players attempting to make their thread "the spot" to be in, or jealous regarding lack of posters in various threads or of a surplus of posters in more active threads. This leads to flaming, baiting and other no-no's and, I imagine, is going to be dealt with severely. So, don't.

In the past, it has happened that location threads have bee "at war" with each other. This is strictly RP and is not an excuse for flaming, baiting, thread jacking, or any other nonsense. If someone asks you to leave a thread, do it, please. If you feel yourself becoming angry, frustrated or otherwise disturbed by actions happened on F7... old advice is good advice. Stand up, walk a way form the keyboard, and come back later when the feelings have passed.))

Past examples of successful location threads
Current examples of locations threads

Thoughts? Suggestions? Rantings?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7