NATION

PASSWORD

A Hitchhikers Guide to F7 [F7 INFO + Q/A]

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Meowlantis wrote:I must seem awfully daft asking this, but what is the NSG Senate?

The NSG Senate is a roleplay centered around the politics of fictional nation, the current iteration of which is called Baltonia. Members of the roleplay can draft and vote on bills, but there's also vibrant party and coalition politics, various elections, and some threads for both IC and OOC goofing off. We've got a lot to offer and we always love new members.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

RPGers
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RPGers » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:55 pm

This may seem like a really dumb question but could someone tell me how to join one of the location threads?
Last edited by RPGers on Tue Apr 07, 2017 12:37 am, edited 2,000 times in total.
DEFCON: 5
I pretend to know everything when I know nearly nothing.
My biggest secret is... ERROR, ERROR: Technical difficulties, sorry for the inconvenience
Despite popular belief, I am actually against gambling
My nation exists in every tech, if needed I will specify which I am currently role playing as.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ stars to the person reading this
Oh yeah, I also have a small obsession with political parties, nothing to worry about
proved by the fact I made this

Want to ask me questions anonymously? Go to this website: http://ask.fm/Games_of_Jay

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:01 am

RPGers wrote:This may seem like a really dumb question but could someone tell me how to join one of the location threads?

Its as easy as just posting in one you're interested in. Try introducing yourself. If its themed, like a bar or something, trying sticking with the theme

*Walks into the bar and takes a seat on a stool*

"I'll have a beer."

Thats rather generic, of course, but it gets the point across.

RPGers
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby RPGers » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:37 am

Transnapastain wrote:
RPGers wrote:This may seem like a really dumb question but could someone tell me how to join one of the location threads?

Its as easy as just posting in one you're interested in. Try introducing yourself. If its themed, like a bar or something, trying sticking with the theme

*Walks into the bar and takes a seat on a stool*

"I'll have a beer."

Thats rather generic, of course, but it gets the point across.

I was going to do something like that but some people posted the word exist (without anything other in the post), and that kind of confused me, and made me think that maybe you had to post that before starting
Last edited by RPGers on Tue Apr 07, 2017 12:37 am, edited 2,000 times in total.
My biggest secret is... ERROR, ERROR: Technical difficulties, sorry for the inconvenience
My nation exists in every tech, if needed I will specify which I am currently role playing as.
Oh yeah, I also have a small obsession with political parties, nothing to worry about

Want to ask me questions anonymously? Go to this website: http://ask.fm/Games_of_Jay

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:10 am

How can you post before starting? ;)

If you're unsure about joining a thread, no matter where it is in the forum, read its OP first. It may have rules or conditions for entry or be limited only to one group of friends. If it doesn't but you're still unsure, TG the thread-owner. Otherwise, take it that it's open and make your entry. Introduce yourself. It can be surprisingly simple. :)
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

RPGers
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby RPGers » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:33 pm

What happened to the NSG Senate?

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:20 pm

RPGers wrote:What happened to the NSG Senate?

It probably died, like most fads eventually do.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:46 pm

RPGers wrote:What happened to the NSG Senate?

The quickest way to explain it is that we ran out of steam to run a full legislative RP, which is not surprising after 14 consecutive months. We're currently in talks about the next stage of our RP, which will likely begin around December or January. You're welcome to come and join the discussion if you'd like: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=299032
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Esoteric Hermetica
Secretary

Founded: Sep 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Ok, whats F7 , give me a simple overview, im stupid

Postby Esoteric Hermetica » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:21 pm

:D
Thank You,
The Chief Minister of USSEH

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:34 pm

Esoteric Hermetica wrote:Ok, whats F7 , give me a simple overview, im stupid
:D

Transnapastain wrote:
A Hitchhikers Guide to F7
(Image)
Image courtesy of 7ARC

Forum index wrote:The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.

It's difficult to express the true nature of F7, to find the words that most directly convey the essence of this forum. Even then, if you could find those words, there is a high chance they would sound like incoherent babble to any sane member of society.

Good thing being sane isn’t a requirement to post here, huh?

In function, F7 exists as a home to wayward threads that have no place in the “srs bsns” world of General, the fast and furious roleplay environment of Intentional Incidents, nor the stately atmosphere that surrounds NationStates. In fact, these threads not related to the core game of NationStates in any direct way.

But, if F7 isn't any of those things, what exactly goes on in this wacky den of fun and debauchery?

Simple: Just that.

In form and spirit, F7 is the place where posters encourage an environment of carefree, good natured fun. Whether through word or rating games, various non-NS-related RPs, or simply by relaxing and sharing in good times at the Flaming Wombat, F7's posters endeavor to keep the atmosphere light-hearted (and no less than three hops away from sane at any given time).

Posters of all walks of NS, from roleplayers and raiders to debaters and defenders, and everyone in between, ranging from the oldest nations of antiquity, to the newest of newbies, can find common ground here. Players can relax and participate in a game, sign up for an RP, or have a cool drink and socialize at the Flaming Wombat. The choices are all but endless.

In short, F7 is what you make it.

A note about the ebil autoprune

The “autoprune” is a feature exclusive to the F7 subforum. It ensures that threads that have become inactive (defined as not having been posted in for seven days) are automatically deleted from the board. As F7 is a busy, bustling asylum, this feature is necessary to ensure the stability of the forums' server. It can be a downer when a beloved game or RP is devoured by the server, but, unless explicitly forbidden, games can be remade over and over again!

Reader Surrogate wrote:Bu...bu...but what about RP’s?! Surely you don’t want all that hard work and writer's cramp to go to waste?

No, I don't! And neither do the admins! That's why the moderation team helpfully grants “archive” requests for completed RP threads. While a request to archive a thread isn’t necessarily guaranteed to be granted, if an RP’s content is of sufficient quality that it warrants saving, chances are it will be. Then, it will remain in the archives, in all its glory, for all time…or until we move servers…again…

To request that your thread be archived, simply post a thread with your request in Moderation, and be sure to provide a link. Also, leave gifts, copious amounts of gifts.

Game threads explained

Arguably one of the most common forms of threads on F7, and no doubt the most popular, game threads cover a wide variety of (arguably) intellectual pursuits, asking players to engage a varying degrees of wit (or half of it) to participate. Almost universally, the rules of the games are quite simple, and almost always ask the player to interact in same way with the player posting just before (often referred to as “above”) them.

In general, games can be sub-divided into several categories

Word Games

Word games ask players to utilize the words of a previous poster in a variety of unique and interesting ways. Again, the rules tend to be straight forward, and the brain power involved to participate, if measured on a scale of one to ten, would hardly rate a fraction. That’s the allure, though, as it’s a quick and mindless way to burn some time and brain cells. Some games are a call and response situation, players reacting to the posts of the players above them, while other games may ask you to perform an action using a limited amount of words, and still others may give the writer more freedom, asking them to continue a story from a previous post.

Some common examples include:

“The poster above you” games

These games require the player to interact with the poster above them. Gee, that was hard huh? These games ask the players to evaluate and comment on a variety of material regarding the previous poster, from simple ratings of a nation’s flag or motto, to more direct interaction with the player and their post. These games require more thought on the part of the player, and are generally intended, like most of F7, to generate humorous responses. Creativity, while not required, is strongly encouraged!

Some examples include:

Classic and games which defy classification

These are games which don’t meet the criteria for the above, or are classic examples of well-established games.

Some examples include:

"Your nation" games

A little bit of a bleed over form F&NI, these threads deal with various facts and statistics in your nation or the nation posting before you. Who would win in a war? Would you be allies? Who exports more cheese? Who can pay Trans the most money in a single day? Find those here!

Some examples include:

So you want to post a game thread?

Great! Chances are it’ll be a wonderful addition to the fun and exciting, and ever so special, world of F7. You should just ensure that your game isn’t too close to an existing game's concept, and that it involves more thought or effort than simple one word, or one line posts. Try to be creative and original!

Roleplaying Threads

F7 role play has been moved to a new subforum! You can find a guide to roleplaying in the new multiverse here

Threads that Defy Nature Categorization

Sexiest NSer

A semi-annual, non-official, player-ran competition is held in F7 to determine the best looking, or sexiest, NS player from the male and female category.

This thread has moved to General, if it returns, it'll be posted here.

And don’t even try to tell me you only looked at it for the posts, I know better!

The Church of So-and-So

Sometimes, notable posters on F7 gain enough fame and notoriety with other netizens that a church thread is erected in their honor. These threads, while not exactly story driven, must retain elements of roleplay and purpose, or may be subject to lock. Church threads are a rare occurrence, and it is not encouraged that a poster open a church in his or her own name (read…just don’t frickin' do it, blasphemer.) If you choose to open a church dedicated to another poster, be prepared to back up your deity's divinity. Just remember, no flaming in the holy wars.

The NSG Senate

This is a new spin on an older idea, where players have come together to be representatives in an overarching government under one nation, which some call Aurentina. Discussion is likely to be lively, and delivered with much the same enthusiasm and drive as political debate in NationStates General, so be prepared.

What is this, I don’t even… threads

Sometimes, threads emerge that do more than defy categorization. These threads may defy logic, God, and man, staking their claim upon the furthest reaches of the deep beyond. Gaze upon them, and feel the great old ones gnaw upon your mind. Few and far between, ranging in topic and purpose, scope and popularity, these threads provide posters and readers with hours of entertainment and only marginal brain loss… usually. Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fhtagn!

This is X, create the story, or something, I don't know, pass the vodka

New to the F7 scene, at least by my recollection, are these nifty threads. I'm really not sure whats going on here exactly, but, here's some nifty reading.

Patriot Liberal wrote:On other forums I've been on, like game forums, I've frequently seen "create your own adventure" games that can turn out pretty funny.

They work by a voting system. Each decision has multiple choice, just like in the create your own adventure books. Choosing a certain action will lead to whatever results.

The decision will be decided by whichever choice seems to have a clear majority - this may be in the first 3, 5, or even 21 votes depending on activity and frankly, my discretion.

I certainly hope that you guys like this idea.

So, I'm going to keep this vague and open. Even I have no clue how this might turn out.

Examples of...whatever these are include:
  • None, that fad died fast, huh?

Enjoy....or something

Location, location, location (threads)

With the announcement that free enterprise has once again returned to the universe of F7, players are allowed, even encouraged, to open their own various establishment for their pleasure and the joy of others. No restriction has been placed on the type of establishment that can be opened (outside of those whose service, actions or antics would violate the site rules).

While free enterprise, out there in the meat world, might well entail competitive business tactics and hostile take overs, the regulated economy of F7 negates the need for aggressive promotion and competition between business, establishments and other locations. Besides, there's no need to complete, we all know..."if you build it, they will come..."

In the case where organizations may find that they are at odds over some minor (or major) issue, they would be well advised to ignore one another, as there is infinite room is the ever-expanding F7 galaxy for all of us.

The owner of the establishment has the right to ask any person or persons to leave at any time. If asked to do so, please simply show yourself out the door, and do not return until you have cleared it with the management (via telegram) As always, the owners rights within the establishment are superseded by the site moderation staff.

((If my metaphor was lost on you, let me be plain. The reason location threads were removed in the first place was due to rivalry arising between players attempting to make their thread "the spot" to be in, or jealous regarding lack of posters in various threads or of a surplus of posters in more active threads. This leads to flaming, baiting and other no-no's and, I imagine, is going to be dealt with severely. So, don't.))

In the past, it has happened that location threads have been "at war" with each other. This is strictly RP and is not an excuse for flaming, baiting, thread jacking, or any other nonsense. If someone asks you to leave a thread, do it, please. If you feel yourself becoming angry, frustrated or otherwise disturbed by actions happened on F7... old advice is good advice. Stand up, walk a way form the keyboard, and come back later when the feelings have passed.))

Past examples of successful location threads
Current examples of locations threads

The Flaming Wombat (No, we are no longer doing this)

(no longer) The only bar in town!

While rules and expectations for the Flaming Wombat (called “The Wombat” by the regulars) are outlined in the opening post, it's important that players remember that, while the thread does serve as a chat thread, it is requested that a small amount of RP elements be injected into posts.

Generally portrayed as a bar, the Wombat can be anything the player wants it to be. For example, it is not at all uncommon for players to report sightings of other patrons morphing into Dragons, Vampires, or all manner of indescribable creatures. In addition, players can often be found lounging by a pool, zooming around a race track, or blasting off into outer space (where most of their minds reside anyways). The establishment itself is staffed by gnomes and operated by a giant, burning marsupial named Earl, the Wombat’s staff is capable of meeting any needs the player has. It is simply asked (read: mandated) that guests treat the staff and other patrons with the same amount of respect they’d like to be treated with.

NOTE: The Wombat is fully staffed, and is not hiring. (Read: No.)

Players are more than welcome to pull up a chair and have a relaxing drink with fellow posters in the Wombat, and join in the general lunacy and debauchery. Of course, with players now having the ability to start their own bars, clubs, strip mines, moon bases and other establishments, will the Wombat survive, or will Earl soon be sweeping floors at the WA?

But, what if I don’t like it there, and I want my own place?!

Well, in that case, you’d be advised to go ahead and take the plunge into making your own forum. That’s not meant to be rude, but the result of past experience by the site moderators. In the past, creating separate establishments led to competition, which spiraled beyond healthy rivalry into jealousy. That jealousy led to fear, which lead to hate, and then to the dark side... or at least, to terrible decisions that violated the site rules and brought down the banhammer. This was not a good thing, and ran contrary to the mission of F7: to have a good time, in a fun, relaxed atmosphere. To reduce the proliferation of negative feelings and stress, the team moderating the site placed a blanket ban on threads centering on subjects patronizing an establishment; the Flaming Wombat was the sole exception. They had to burn the village to save it

I’m new, what should I do?

Well, that’s really up to you, isn’t it?

If I were you (and thank God I’m not), the first thing I’d do is introduce myself in the Wombat. Don’t be discouraged if your first post seems to go unanswered, people are usually quick to welcome a newcomer, but, with the volume of posts being made in the Wombat at times, its easy for your reply to get lost. Simply dive right into the action, participate in the shenanigans, we don’t bite…except those of us that do, but don’t worry, when the meds kick in, we’ll be allll riiiight.

If that sort of inane chatter doesn’t amuse you, well, then, aside from you being a killjoy ( :P ), you’re more than welcome to try your hand at any of the currently active games, or look for interesting active roleplays.

All your life you've been waiting for your chance
Where you'll fit into the plan
But you're the master of your own destiny
So give and take the best that you can-

Remember, F7 is what you make it! Welcome!

Questions, comments and concerns are welcome!*

*fees of 1.95 USD per word will be applied to questions exceeding 10 standard characters in length. Other charges may apply, particularly if I’m in a bad mood, it is raining, or the winter solstice is approaching. Also, questions asked on days ending in “Y” will be subject to a second fee of 0.99$ USD per character because I’m a heartless bastard.

Edit (8-13-2011): Added section regarding Location and Association threads, added clarification in regards to the mystical properties of the Flaming Wombat and added a logo created by 7arc. Edit (8-14-2011) Proofreading and "phrasing tightening" by Kaukolastan, tweak to the ...my own place section. Edit: (8-15-2011) Changed title, feedback complete, thread open to questions. Edit: (08-21-2011) Removed link to a thread (Reason: locked my moderation) Edit: (09-10-2011) Removed links to several threads (Reason: Topic CTE), added link to the Flaming Wombat II, and original Flaming Wombat. Added a link to the "What is this, I don't even" section, added a link to the "classic games.." thread. Edit: (10-1-2011) Removed link to "Tell a lie about the person above you." (Reason: Topic locked by moderation). Removed link to "Rate the song above you" (Reason: Topic CTE) Edit:(10-5-2011) Added "One does not simply ____ Into Mordor" thread (Reason: for pure lawls) Edit: (10-12-2011) Added "Countries and Capital Cities" thread (Reason: Successful game is successful) Removed the "Rate the song" thread (Reason: Topic CTE) Edit: (10-27-2011) Added section detailing the new chat thread. Added link to the archived Flaming Wombat II and updated link to point to the newest incarnation of the flaming Wombat. Edit (12-06-2011) Removed "You are in above country" and "NationStates X-Factor" threads (Reason: Topic CTE) Edit (1-3-2012) Added section regarding the F7 Trainers. Edit: (1-26-2012) Added small expansion to the auto prune and archive request section. Removed "Rate the nation name above you" thread (Reason: Topic CTE) Removed "Nation Vs Nation" thread (Reason: Topic CTE) Removed section regarding F7 chat thread (Reason: Topic CTE and function returned to the Wombat) Removed "NationStates PEEPS" thread (Reason: Topic CTE) Edit: (4-17-2012) Removed "Random Word Association Game" thread (Reason: Topic CTE). Removed "Corrupt a Wish" thread (Reason: Topic CTE) Removed "Countries and Capitals" thread (Reason: topic CTE) Updated link to "Rate the Flag Above You", removed entire section regarding F7 Trainers (Reason: Organization defunct) Edit (5-22-2012) Removed several sections pertaining to the ban on location threads, section on "The Flaming Wombat" edited accordingly, and added new section explaining location threads and their purpose. Edit: (5-23-2012) Added a thread to the current location list, corrected typos. Edit: (6-13-2012) Removed section regarding RP's, redirected players to the new subforum and its sticky, added more snark to Wombat subsection Edit: (9-6-2012) Cleaned up dead links, added section for "create your own story" style threads, added new location thread. Edit: (10-8-2012) Typos removed, added and removed several topics, added section pertaining to "nation " games. Edit: (11-2-20120) Cleaned up inactive links and added several new games to the classic category. Edit: (5-4-2013) Added NSG Senate links, adjusted Wombat info. Edit: (5-13-2013) Cleaned up dead links, added new ones. Edit (07-29-2013) Cleaned up links and added new examples
Last edited by Transnapastain on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Terran Sovereignty
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

???

Postby Terran Sovereignty » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:23 pm

How do you start a forum post

New Kvenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Kvenland » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:39 am

Alright, so a member of our region (we call him Val) is notorious for not going to sleep until 3-4:00 AM. We're forming a "Get Val to Sleep Alliance," and would this be the best place for it?
californian ultranationalist | the bear flag will fly from cabo to the great salt lake once again | the pretenders in arizona will crumble to the sand they tread on

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:16 pm

I'm....pretty sure that'll be fine.

New Kvenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Kvenland » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:45 am

Transnapastain wrote:I'm....pretty sure that'll be fine.

Thank you. It's got way more backing than I thought it would...
californian ultranationalist | the bear flag will fly from cabo to the great salt lake once again | the pretenders in arizona will crumble to the sand they tread on

The High Lords
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The High Lords » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:15 pm

Transnapastain wrote:I'm....pretty sure that'll be fine.

Now - can we get an "IC" thread to RP out what we were thinking up in the aforementioned thread? And will we be able to limit this to only GVtSA members? Or do the rules of it being F7 automatically make it open?
----------------
---------------
----------------
Learning Swedish now!
I want to learn:
Italian
Irish
Scots
Being politically correct is so 2010
#Bernie

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:18 pm

You can't RP in F7.

What you can do is establish, like, a "Help Val Get to Sleep Alliance HQ", and that serves as a location thread. Theres explanations in the OP here. Location threads are sorta-like RP's, and should do nicely for what you're wanting. You can certainly make your location thread closed to members of your alliance and people you invite.

The High Lords
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The High Lords » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:21 pm

Transnapastain wrote:You can't RP in F7.

What you can do is establish, like, a "Help Val Get to Sleep Alliance HQ", and that serves as a location thread. Theres explanations in the OP here. Location threads are sorta-like RP's, and should do nicely for what you're wanting. You can certainly make your location thread closed to members of your alliance and people you invite.

Alright - thanks for the help :D
----------------
---------------
----------------
Learning Swedish now!
I want to learn:
Italian
Irish
Scots
Being politically correct is so 2010
#Bernie

Bandwagon
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bandwagon » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:52 am

Why is the NSG Senate not in Portal to the Multiverse?
Pro: Independent Northern Ireland as part of neither UK or Republic, Catalan/Scottish/Basque/Welsh/Northern English/Veneto independence. Socialism, Liberalism, Palestine, Environmentalism, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Dictatorship, New Left-Wing/Liberal Political Party in Ireland.
Anti: Chinese Dictatorship, Capitalism, Dictatorship, Both Ukrainian/Russian Governments, War of all form, Violence of all form, Anything right of centre, Israel.
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.59

Proud Libertarian, Social Democrat. Live with it.
I'm Far Left Socially but Centre Left Economically.
I'm so cool that I'm an ENFP. http://www.16personalities.com/enfp-personality

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:21 pm

Because it's not. Because it's not RP of a similar vein to what's in P2TM. Because it functions like a location thread. Because when it was discussed a year or so ago, we decided it ought to be here, so here it be.

The United Empire of Exucular
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:11 pm

Do posts in F7 count towards your post tally? I noticed that the counter in the actual post (the one under my name and flag) stayed at the same number. However when I went to "Your Forum Posts" the number went up.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

Head of The Grand Inquisition of the Church of Google
The Where's Waldo of the Region of Atlas
General of Ugandan Outer Space
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
Click for War History!
#IStandWithAtlas #UniteAtlasDiaspora

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:14 pm

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:Do posts in F7 count towards your post tally? I noticed that the counter in the actual post (the one under my name and flag) stayed at the same number. However when I went to "Your Forum Posts" the number went up.

No. Posts in F7, and posts in threads which go into the archives, do not increase your displayed post count.

The United Empire of Exucular
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:16 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
The United Empire of Exucular wrote:Do posts in F7 count towards your post tally? I noticed that the counter in the actual post (the one under my name and flag) stayed at the same number. However when I went to "Your Forum Posts" the number went up.

No. Posts in F7, and posts in threads which go into the archives, do not increase your displayed post count.

Thank you, my minds at ease now.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

Head of The Grand Inquisition of the Church of Google
The Where's Waldo of the Region of Atlas
General of Ugandan Outer Space
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
Click for War History!
#IStandWithAtlas #UniteAtlasDiaspora

Astalekon
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astalekon » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:40 pm

Any tips for a typical NSG poster new to F7?
AKA Emrys Mercer, Anders Blakewood.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:46 pm

Astalekon wrote:Any tips for a typical NSG poster new to F7?

This is not a debate?

Just pick a game that looks fun....and never take it seriously.

Allancia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Allancia » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:07 pm

I'm unsure if this has been asked yet, but I'm going to go ahead anyways:

Why is it called Forum 7?
"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."
-George Bush

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7