NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Liberate England

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Neop
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Liberate England

Postby Neop » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:47 am

Liberate England
A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region.

Category: Liberation | Nominee: England | Proposed by: Neop

Acknowledging the small and peaceful native community of England,

Disappointed by the recent occupation led by the forces of The Kingdom of Great Britain,

Distraught by this condemnable plot to disrupt a once serene region,

Confident that without Security Council intervention, the region of England may be lost to a cowardly refound by the invading forces,

Hereby Liberates England.
Last edited by Neop on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
neop

Neop
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Neop » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:17 pm

If there are no objections, I will be sending it as a proposal soon.
neop

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:36 pm

Whoa, hang on there cowboy. Let's take a look at this before you submit this.

Firstly, is KoGB going to be holding this for a refound? Does this have native support? I won't even get to your draft before I get answers to those.
See You Space Cowboy...

Die Wunderwaffenprogramm
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Wunderwaffenprogramm » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:13 am

I think you should more carefully explain who the raiders of England are and elaborate on the consequences of their rule. Give the National Assembly a reason to devote their time to liberating England.
Explain who exactly these raiders are and how dangerous it is to allow them to stay in England because their influence and power grows with each nation they conquer.

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:13 am

Neop wrote:Acknowledging the small and peaceful native community of England,

Disappointed by the recent occupation led by the forces of The Kingdom of Great Britain,

You forgot a comma.
Angered by this condemnable plot to disrupt a once serene region,

I would change "angered" to "distraught".
Regretful that without Security Council intervention, the region of England may be lost to a cowardly refound by the invading forces,

The only reason the SC would be regretful that the SC could have done something would be after the refound happened, not while it was doing the thing to stop a refound. I would change "regretful" to "noting" or "confident".
Hereby Liberates England.

"Liberates" should be capitalized.

As Drasnia said, before you submit this you need to prove that KGB is going for a refound, and you need to establish that your proposal has native support.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Neop
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Neop » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:04 pm

Due to the password on the region, and the importance of its name, we are certain that KGB will be holding it for a refound.

We have gained native support from one longtime native (Arthur) and are currently reaching out to more natives.
neop

Ithqington
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ithqington » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:08 pm

Sorry, but I just here because I thought you are talking about my country? :eyebrow:

Romakania
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Romakania » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:10 pm

It's interesting that you have a native named "Arthur", because my name is Arthur! (Not in real life, just here) Regardless, I concur with the revisions that NSA has suggested. Believe me, he knows what he is talking about. It's a bit funny that I'm even posting on this, seeing as to how I am Romakania.

This England
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby This England » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:54 am

This nation is a native of England, and I support this liberation attempt.

The Majestik Moose
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Majestik Moose » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:03 am

Are you moving forward this this? Because apparently England has just banned all moose from entering the region. Imagine! No moose in England! What is this world coming to?

Vertatia
Civilian

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vertatia » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:23 am

I'll just jump in and adress two questions surrounding this proposal.
Neop, I hope you don't mind if I attempt to clear this out.

Drasnia wrote:Does this have native support? I won't even get to your draft before I get answers to those.

So far two natives of England have expressed themselves to be in favour of this proposal. Arthur who was mentioned earlier, and also This England who wrote the last post in this thread before me.

If you think that the support of two ative nations isn't sufficient for this proposal to go through you can reach out to the other natives who have not yet voiced their opinion of the invasion in this thread. I'm sure they will be of the same position.
Here is the list on activity in the region
https://www.nationstates.net/page=activ ... on.england

Die Wunderwaffenprogramm wrote:I think you should more carefully explain who the raiders of England are and elaborate on the consequences of their rule.

Well... I think this is quite obvious at this stage that The Kingdom of Great Britain has ruled the formerly peaceful region of England with an iron fist supressing all native activity in the region.
(They also forgot that Britain is the home of several equal kingdoms and as such they have triggered countless welsh and scottish)

But I agree with We are not the nsa and Romakania:
(the latter being a good sport about all of this considering that they led the invasion in question)

The unfair treatment of the regions' natives must be articulated within the proposal or it will probably not be accepted by the SC and you only get one chance with these things, especially considering that the region risks being refounded. ¨
On a side note, I think the proposal feels a bit empty in general, but that might just be me. It is of course important that this resolution is passed as quickly as possible.

I also think that as with any liberation, all natives should be notified and a liberation force should be put together before the resolution is passed.
PS: Majestik moose, don't worry. Moose don't respect country borders; once a Moose swam from Sweden to Denmark. At least my friend from scania said so. But you can't really trust scanians, can you?
Last edited by Vertatia on Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.

The Dead Parrot
Attaché

Founded: Sep 03, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Dead Parrot » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:48 am

Actually, no, for the record, neither this nation nor The Majestik Moose are natives of England, we're natives of Monty Python, an embassy region allied with England.
-- Polly. Yeah, I'm a parrot named Polly, so what?

-- Founder, Monty Python region. My brain hurts, I'm not dead yet, I'm a lumberjack, etc. etc.

Romakania
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Romakania » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:51 pm

The Dead Parrot wrote:Actually, no, for the record, neither this nation nor The Majestik Moose are natives of England, we're natives of Monty Python, an embassy region allied with England.

Not anymore you're not, we terminated that embassy :P

Bearstin
Envoy

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Bearstin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:54 pm

As someone who does not know anything about the Raider/Defender conflict, I have an interesting perspective. To get my vote, you have to capture my sympathy. Describe the effects the invasion has had on the natives
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES
This is Bearstin, remember to always tie your shoes backwards!

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." -Qui-Gon Jinn

Eostitorie
Secretary

Founded: Sep 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Eostitorie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Bearstin wrote:As someone who does not know anything about the Raider/Defender conflict, I have an interesting perspective. To get my vote, you have to capture my sympathy. Describe the effects the invasion has had on the natives

As someone who lives in a raidable region, I'd expect you to understand. Imagine if someone barged into your region, completely defaced it, and then had every intention of taking it for their own personal greed.

The Majestik Moose
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Majestik Moose » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:44 am

Is anything going on with this? It's time to do something before the invaders accumulate enough influence to kick natives out.

The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:07 am

The author has given me permission to pick up where this left off, as long as I give due credit to Neop as a co-author. I'll start a new draft in a new thread later today.
The General Assembly Delegation of the Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper:
-- Wad Ari Alaz, Wrapperian Ambassador to the WA; Author, SCR#200, GAR #300, GAR#361.
-- Wad Ahume Orliss-Dorcke, Deputy Ambassador; two-time Intergalactic Karaoke League champion.
-- Wad Dawei DeGoah, Ambassador Emeritus; deceased.
THE GA POSTS FROM THIS NATION ARE IN-CHARACTER AND SHOULD NEVER BE TAKEN AS MODERATOR RULINGS.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council