NATION

PASSWORD

Liberations are annoying

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
DAFT Universe
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Liberations are annoying

Postby DAFT Universe » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:52 am

Liberations really annoy me.
They seem like they take up most of the WAs time and are (mostly) pointless, as raiders will still take the region unless some natives contact a team of defenders quick enough.
Also, half of the time they get repealed later, wasting more time.
That's what I thing, how about you?

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:16 am

When a Liberation is properly timed, and is used against an occupied region with fewer pilers, they can be devastating. However, when raider regions just plan their occupations under the assumption that there will be a Liberation, like Hydra Command does, they are kind of pointless. That said, I enjoy repealing things, so...
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

DAFT Universe
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby DAFT Universe » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:19 am

We Are Not the NSA wrote:When a Liberation is properly timed, and is used against an occupied region with fewer pilers, they can be devastating. However, when raider regions just plan their occupations under the assumption that there will be a Liberation, like Hydra Command does, they are kind of pointless. That said, I enjoy repealing things, so...

Yeah, I suppose so.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:59 am

Daft Universe wrote:Liberations really annoy me.
They seem like they take up most of the WAs time and are (mostly) pointless, as raiders will still take the region unless some natives contact a team of defenders quick enough.

It's the Raiders that really annoy me...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Ochea
Spokesperson

Founded: May 26, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ochea » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:04 am

The liberations themselves at least have a purpose....the repealing of the liberations is what really annoys me, I think they should automatically repeal after 2 weeks.

I tried proposing this in the SC forum, but it was against the rules and my thread got deleted.
——|★|—— World Assembly Delegate of Nesapo ——|★|——
International News: Pres. Storm continues trade embargo against Corumon | Corumon's economy continues to fail as the country tries to become communist
"People in power want to stay in power. People in control want to maintain control." - President Ryan Storm

Jolly Ole Saint Nick
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Jolly Ole Saint Nick » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:26 pm

Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho!

Not all Liberations are temporary affairs. The Christmas liberation is an example. It has prevented both defenders and raiders from attempting to take control and refound the region for their own PR purposes. We are thankful for the SC's continuance of our liberation, helping ensure our community's independence and neutrality.

YoriZ
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Another example can be found in Anarchy and we second the post by Jolly Ole Saint Nick :clap: .
Ⓐrtists, not Ⓐrmies! >>>>>>> Join Anarchy

Arcturus Novus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:37 pm

Regional forces aren't always capable of retaking their region singly-handedly, and defender forces can't always be mustered in a timely fashion. Sometimes WA intervention is actually necessary.
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
"I can fix her!" cool, I'm gonna make her worse.
me - my politics - my twitter
Nilokeras wrote:there is of course an interesting thread to pull on [...]
Unfortunately we're all forced to participate in whatever baroque humiliation kink the OP has going on instead.

The United Providences of Perland
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Providences of Perland » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:42 am

In my opinion, it's just best to condemn the raiders.
It's been over two years that Perland has been on Nation States!
Author of issues 651: Black Days for @@NAME@@ and 1016: Breaking Upset

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council