NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend Taijitu

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Eastkeep
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Commend Taijitu

Postby Eastkeep » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:45 am

Aware that Taijitu provides a harbour for nations fleeing oppression.
Noting that Taijitu is a complete democracy, and all WA-Member nations have the right to choose their delegate.
Recognizing that Taijitu's Founder has NOT stripped the delegate position of Executive Powers, meaning that the founder, Taijitu Founder, is not the sole ruler and the nations are the ones who choose their leader.
Asserting that The Security Council should recognise those who help nations fleeing their delegate's oppression,
Hereby Commends Taijitu.
The Kingdom of Eastkeep

Riftdania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Riftdania » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:01 am

This proposal is...well...lacking in content. However it is on a region I feel could gain support in having recognition from the WA. Other then that don't really have much to say.
Quotes
"Rifty to break Security Council by founding a region in it." ~ Ridersyl
"Is known for going after people who offend him." ~ Ever-Wandering Souls
"One of the best leaders you can find." ~ Aenglaland

"Damn funk you got caught with basic logic" ~ Canton Empire
"I know how the Veterans work around here" ~ Jachaelter
*Insert plot* ~ Gradea
Regions
Prophet of Sanctum
Lieutenant of DEN
Consigliere (Chief) of Equinox
Merc Warrior of Cimmeria

Prophet Alphonse Silverstorm
Independent Oppertunist

"Loyalty to my purpose - Loyalty to the end"

#GradeaForMod #CormacAlignmentWatch #LiberateTBR

Eastkeep
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastkeep » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:35 am

Aware that Taijitu provides a harbour for nations fleeing oppression.
Noting that Taijitu is a complete democracy, and all WA-Member nations have the right to choose their delegate.
Understanding that Taijitu has no endorsement laws, limits, or caps, and lets you run your own nation as you see fit.
Recognizing that Taijitu's Founder has NOT stripped the delegate position of Executive Powers, meaning that the founder, Taijitu Founder, is not the sole ruler and the nations are the ones who choose their leader.
Asserting that The Security Council should recognise those who assist nations fleeing their delegate's oppression,
Hereby Commends Taijitu.
The Kingdom of Eastkeep

-Larry- (Ancient)
Attaché

Founded: May 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby -Larry- (Ancient) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:50 am

Riftdania wrote:This proposal is...well...lacking in content. However it is on a region I feel could gain support in having recognition from the WA. Other then that don't really have much to say.

As Riftdania said, it needed more work and content. However, since you submitted the proposal, you cannot change it now. I highly doubt it will reach quorum.

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:52 am

This is... is ridiculous draft! Replace Taijitu with Cimmeria (or thousand others regions), and situation is in principle equally commendworthy.

Against

Note that my example strongly represents the ideas of freedom of movement, and free delegate elections. Password is 'Padawan'. :P
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Sainterre
Attaché

Founded: Apr 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sainterre » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:56 am

You do realize there are a thousand other regions just like the one you are trying to commend?
Jacob F. Ridgeway, KCOM
Permanent Representative of the United Republic of Sainterre to the World Assembly
SCR#178-Commend Sciongrad

Myroria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 11, 2006
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Myroria » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:45 am

As a former Delegate of Taijitu, I will be frank. This proposal needs a lot of work to be passable. While it's not my place to judge whether or not our region is deserving of a commendation, I would very much prefer that this proposal is cleaned up and greatly expanded if you're serious about submitting this.

As others have said, in its current state this proposal does nothing to highlight why you think Taijitu in particular needs a commendation. Plenty of regions elect their delegate, and plenty of regions leave their delegacies executive. Again, if you are serious about submitting this I recommend you ask long-time members of the community what Taijitu could be legitimately commended for.

In any case, thank you for the consideration and I'm happy you feel strongly enough about our region to write up what you did.
The All-House Union of Myroria
"Many households, all alike in dignity."
Citizen-Diplomat of Taijitu
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, The North Pacific

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:16 am

Also, didn't Taijitu once take part in a coup in TRR? Not very commend-worthy :p
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Pauline Bonaparte
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Pauline Bonaparte » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:48 am

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Also, didn't Taijitu once take part in a coup in TRR? Not very commend-worthy :p

You liberate and defend hundreds of regions and they commend you, but you screw one goat and...
Pauline Bonaparte
Senator, Carcassonne
Co-Founder, Taijitu

Lochwyn
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lochwyn » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:51 am

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Also, didn't Taijitu once take part in a coup in TRR? Not very commend-worthy :p

Well if you ask me, raiding TRR is probably one of the more commend-worthy parts. :P
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts...

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:47 pm

Going to join the others who have already commented on this draft by saying it lacks content. The proposal currently describes several regions in the game and can be applied directly to them. Do a bit of research and add content that is solely representative to Taijitu. For instance, I am pretty sure their wiki can be added to this draft without getting into Rule 4 territory.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:38 pm

The following submitted proposal is in violation of Rule 4 of the Security Council (violation is in boldface)

SECURITY COUNCIL PROPOSAL
ID: eastkeep_1437313055
Commend Taijitu

A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation

Nominee: Taijitu

Proposed by: Eastkeep

Description: Aware that the region of Taijitu provides a harbour for nations fleeing oppression.
Understanding that Taijitu has no endorsement laws, limits, or caps, and lets you run your own nation as you see fit.
Asserting that The Security Council should recognise those who assist nations fleeing their delegate's oppression,
Hereby Commends Taijitu.

Approvals: 4 (Bitely, Jellydom, Alternate Universe 912, The Midwestern Atlantic Embassy)

Voting Ends: in 2 days 11 hours

WA Proposals cannot contain personal pronouns when dealing with nations (see this post). While the proposal in the original post was legal, it was still rather nondescript and nebulous. As stated earlier, it could use more specifics. Your heart appears to be in the right place, but the document needs more work.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

The Bruce
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:58 pm

They were being used as foot soldiers for DEN for a while (not the DEN recently used as a sock puppet of the Black Riders) to help them field more update bodies, even before the invasion of the Rejected Realms by mass ejection. They weren't so much the planners as willing grunts in need of more experienced direction.

They were most notable as invaders, because of how adamantly they insisted that their region weren't invaders, even after the mass ejection invasion into the RR. In that respect they were very much like their predecessor region: the Lexicon.

The First Garrison
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The First Garrison » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 am

Myro's post covers my thoughts very well.

I just wanted to add on the Raids/Defenses issue - I know people are not used to such a varied history in a UCR, but it happens :P However, I believe we can say that the tradition of participating in defenses has been a much stronger one than the singular action in TRR or Taijitu's raiding periods.

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:05 pm

I see you want to paint Taijitu as a target for regional destruction, eh? Look at the last few regions that have been Commended and tell me what trend you notice.
Fabulously bisexual.
Note: I do not use NS stats for my RP, instead I use numbers I made up one evening when writing my factbooks.

sudo rm -rf /, the best file compression around.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Atomic Utopia wrote:I see you want to paint Taijitu as a target for regional destruction, eh? Look at the last few regions that have been Commended and tell me what trend you notice.

Well we have to go all the way back to July 2012 to see a region commended. The Featured Region Followers seems to be doing quite nicely. Commend the NationStates community was repealed as it was a terrible resolution written as a joke, and Wysteria is thriving. Just ask The Bruce, who has been commended since.

Next time you may want to do some research.

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:21 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:
Atomic Utopia wrote:I see you want to paint Taijitu as a target for regional destruction, eh? Look at the last few regions that have been Commended and tell me what trend you notice.

Well we have to go all the way back to July 2012 to see a region commended. The Featured Region Followers seems to be doing quite nicely. Commend the NationStates community was repealed as it was a terrible resolution written as a joke, and Wysteria is thriving. Just ask The Bruce, who has been commended since.

Thank you for correcting me, sorry for the mistake.
Fabulously bisexual.
Note: I do not use NS stats for my RP, instead I use numbers I made up one evening when writing my factbooks.

sudo rm -rf /, the best file compression around.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:26 pm

No we don't. Renegade Islands Alliance ring any bells?
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:48 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:

No we don't. Renegade Islands Alliance ring any bells?

Hmm. I'll be damned. RIA is not really a region though, it is an alliance of several regions so that doesn't apply.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:11 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:No we don't. Renegade Islands Alliance ring any bells?

Hmm. I'll be damned. RIA is not really a region though, it is an alliance of several regions so that doesn't apply.

The RIA is a region, not an alliance of regions.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:24 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:

The RIA is a region, not an alliance of regions.

Shit you are right. My bad, I had it in my head the FRA.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:19 pm

Aware that Europe provides a harbour for nations fleeing oppression.

Noting that Europe is a complete democracy, and all WA-Member nations have the right to choose their delegate.

Recognizing that Europe's Founder has NOT stripped the delegate position of Executive Powers, meaning that the founder, EuroFounder, is not the sole ruler and the nations are the ones who choose their leader.

Asserting that The Security Council should recognise those who help nations fleeing their delegate's oppression,

Hereby Commends Europe.

<snark> Fixed it for you. </snark>

However, on the serious side, this argument for Commend Taijitu is much too ... totally lacking in any real content whatsoever.
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council