NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend the Rejected Realms

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Luxdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Commend the Rejected Realms

Postby Luxdonia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:19 pm

Noting that the Rejected Realms has existed as a place of redemption and salvation for many nations ejected by their home regions wince it's creation in 2003.

Noting the tremendous work of the Rejected Realms Army in their defending of the world's vulnerable regions for over a decade, from the liberation of 10000 Islands in 2003 to the liberation of Eternal Scholars in May 2015.

Noting that the Rejected Realms stood by the legitimate government of Lazarus when it was couped by the New Pacific Order.

Noting that the citizens of the Rejected Realms include World Assembly resolution authors Unibot III, Sedgistan, Christian Democrats, Omigodtheykilledkenny,and Tim-Opolis.

Hereby commends the Rejected Realms.
Last edited by Luxdonia on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:44 am, edited 8 times in total.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia
The Chief Administrator and Executive Councillor of Archmont
Join the Archmont Discord server!

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:22 pm

A dull "joke" draft. :meh:
Just some weeb.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:28 pm

Since when has the RRA been active?

Riftey
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Riftey » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:32 pm

I feel that depicts the kind of response this thread is gonna get...
About
Third Place Sexiest NSer 2K15
Largest Ego in Gameplay
Gameplay Ideology: Cause drama at any cost
Screw Democracy
Gameplay
Prophet of Sanctum
Watcher of Warzones
(Former) War Beserker of Cimmeria
(Former) MoFA of The Confederacy of Allied States

Prophet Alphonse Silverstorm
Independent Oppertunist

"Loyalty to my purpose - Loyalty to the end"

Nationstates and chill anyone? ;D

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Do you have nothing better to do that pick on Gradea and Nephy?

Riftey
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Riftey » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:59 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:Do you have nothing better to do that pick on Gradea and Nephy?

I guess i mustn't - you got me. Caught me red-handed.

Of course that's sarcasm if you hadn't noticed. If someone puts something decent forward then i'll applaud it regardless of who it is. This isn't decent.
About
Third Place Sexiest NSer 2K15
Largest Ego in Gameplay
Gameplay Ideology: Cause drama at any cost
Screw Democracy
Gameplay
Prophet of Sanctum
Watcher of Warzones
(Former) War Beserker of Cimmeria
(Former) MoFA of The Confederacy of Allied States

Prophet Alphonse Silverstorm
Independent Oppertunist

"Loyalty to my purpose - Loyalty to the end"

Nationstates and chill anyone? ;D

Knot
Secretary

Founded: Apr 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Knot » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:11 am

The Silver Sentinel wrote:Since when has the RRA been active?

Oh I don't know, probably a few instances here and there. ;)
☆ Brigadier General ~ DEN
☆ Sergeant ~ TBH

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:12 pm

The RRA is actually one of the most active defender groups out there, just not over the past month. They're definitely the most active GCR military both historically and recently. Basically every active FRA Ranger over the past several years is a member of the RRA.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Aistaan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aistaan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:36 pm

This is a very small, non-amusing form of a WA proposal. If you must commend them, a little more would help.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:14 am

Sorry, Gradea, you're gonna need some more meat on that resolution.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

The Bruce
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:24 am

Benevolent Thomas wrote:The RRA is actually one of the most active defender groups out there, just not over the past month. They're definitely the most active GCR military both historically and recently. Basically every active FRA Ranger over the past several years is a member of the RRA.

Just for clarification, are the RRA members active as FRA Rangers doing so under the administration of the FRA or as an auxiliary force that is identified in operations as the RRA?

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:35 am

The Bruce wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The RRA is actually one of the most active defender groups out there, just not over the past month. They're definitely the most active GCR military both historically and recently. Basically every active FRA Ranger over the past several years is a member of the RRA.

Just for clarification, are the RRA members active as FRA Rangers doing so under the administration of the FRA or as an auxiliary force that is identified in operations as the RRA?

In recent months I'd say the latter is true. Before then, I'd say that it was mostly under FRA/Rangers administration. Of course my experience with them didn't truly begin until 2013. I can't speculate about years prior.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:55 am

Submitted. I am going to see how many approvals the resolution will get.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

The Bruce
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:59 am

Benevolent Thomas wrote:
The Bruce wrote:

In recent months I'd say the latter is true. Before then, I'd say that it was mostly under FRA/Rangers administration. Of course my experience with them didn't truly begin until 2013. I can't speculate about years prior.

I know that since the earliest days of Kandarin's rule, there has been a strong defender tradition in the RR, but when you have region members active in other organizations, which umbrella the organizing is done under is a very important distinction when crediting organizations.

Alustrian
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Alustrian » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:08 am

Given the RRA's very long history, we are going to see rises and falls in activity. A lot can be said about the early RRA (well before the FRA's creation). When the modern RRA was rebuilt, I am not sure how Wop and Fratt credited their affiliations while they were simultaneously RRA commanders and FRA AC/CoDF. More recently, while Karp and I are RRA members, most of our organizational work was credited under the FRA umbrella. However, in "recent months" neither label has matched its previous activity.

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:02 pm

Proposal removed from the floor.

Better go back to the drawing board then.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:06 pm

Yeah, rule 4 violation spotted (the word Gameplay). Sorry, would've mentioned it here but moving house, trying to get internet at the new place :P

As for the RRA, we're far far older than the FRA and everyone seems to forget the current (horrible inactive, sitting on her bum sipping coffee) High Commander! :p

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:09 pm

Crazy girl wrote:Yeah, rule 4 violation spotted (the word Gameplay). Sorry, would've mentioned it here but moving house, trying to get internet at the new place :P

As for the RRA, we're far far older than the FRA and everyone seems to forget the current (horrible inactive, sitting on her bum sipping coffee) High Commander! :p

Seeing as I have the chance to beef it up now before I resubmit it, I'll take the opportunity.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

The Bruce
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:27 pm

There are issues with claiming a number of WA authors for the purposes of this resolution, when their primary regional residence is elsewhere or in other cases almost all their WA work was done when their primary residence was in another region. Otherwise, it's about recognizing that you hang out with WA authors.

You have a much stronger claim to the disproportionate amount of Mods from the Rejected Realms, but to avoid dreaded rule infractions you'd have to write into a resolution in terms of the contribution of leading NationStates' career bureaucrats and then name them.

There really, really needs to be more about the history of the region, instead of just one incident regarding Lazarus. Having a resolution to commend the Rejected Realms without any mention of Kandarin is just wrong.

The Rejected Realms has been around over ten years!

It boggles the mind that there isn't more included in a resolution about a region that's been around that long and had many notable personalities during that time.

It's the equivalent of writing a book about the last ten years in the history of Russia and all there is is a mention of some diplomacy with Belarus.

Take some time, dig into some forum archives, and get some material.

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:26 am

The Bruce wrote:snip

The Bruce makes some good points. I add few more. What ever are arguments for/against this one, The Rejected Realms shouldn't benefit from it's special game mechanical status and issues as

1. Place where all failed nations end, usually against their own will
2. Where a delegate must search banhammer panel in a regional control room perpetually
3. Where 'leading bureaucrats' must stack and stash a horde of other lesser bureaucrats to solidify their supporter pile to near-eternal game killing idleness
4. Where regional culture is contaminated by collective false consciousness of Wow-its-Cool-to-be-rejected, but rarely these rejected petty bureaucrats play like by the name of their puppet junkyard. So soft, so rosy, so dull.
5. Where formal citizenship and participation to the degenerated bureaucratical process is strictly regulated by... uh... "leading career bureaucrats" [sic].
6 Where "historical mod bias" is objective reality, exactly because the WAD position is as armless as breeding goat without balls, and the power of leading bureaucratic hegemony can be enforced only by means in a sphere of off-site meta-game, due lack of proper in-game border controls and banhammer
7. Endless source of dreams about imaginary time where executive founders and delegates could determine by themselves where to send their own rejectees...

With these remarks: Against!
Last edited by Cora II on Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Luxdonia wrote:Noting the tremendous work of the Rejected Realms Army in their defending of the world's vulnerable regions for over a decade, from the liberation of 10000 Islands in 2003 to the liberation of Eternal Scholars in May 2015.

Shouldn't we be condemning them for that?
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Idoits
Lobbyist

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Idoits » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:18 am

The Silver Sentinel wrote:Since when has the RRA been active?

We've been active. We've gone too small regions that needed defending.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:10 am

The Bruce wrote:There are issues with claiming a number of WA authors for the purposes of this resolution, when their primary regional residence is elsewhere or in other cases almost all their WA work was done when their primary residence was in another region.

Not so. I authored two repeals with my TRR nation. CD has been the WA adviser to TRR for many months. Uni and sedge are undisputed denizens of TRR. The only problem with that clause is its listing Gruenberg (who I'm sure would object strenuously to appearing in a C&C).

Another potential problem is the mention of TRT, which is sort of in a dormant/uncertain state right now due to its editor leaving.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:07 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Another potential problem is the mention of TRT, which is sort of in a dormant/uncertain state right now due to its editor leaving.

Something doesn't have to be current for it to be revered. Do we not look back upon the Egyptians, and Romans (and the Simpsons) as the pinnacles of society of their times, even though they now only exist as archaic ruins of their former selves?

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:19 am

Luxdonia wrote:Noting that the Rejected Realms is the publisher of the widely popular newspaper covering Gameplay events, the Rejected Times, which is one of the most popular of publications covering gameplay news in the world.

Not true at the moment (not since June 2), since we have no idea what the state of TRT is. Might be nice if we knew at some point.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council