NATION

PASSWORD

[Proposal] Condemn Menta Lee-IL

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Billugslovakc
Attaché

Founded: Mar 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

[Proposal] Condemn Menta Lee-IL

Postby Billugslovakc » Tue May 26, 2015 4:48 pm

The following was a proposal I made to the Security council requesting that the Nation of Menta-Lee-Il be condemned for their horrid actions, but only 2 days into getting the 95 supporting votes, it was removed from the floor. This is the proposal, maybe you guys can help me adjust it, see what i did wrong and hopefully get it back onto the floor and get it enacted.

Condemn Menta Lee-IL

A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation

Nominee: Menta Lee-IL

Proposed by: Billugslovakc

Description: NOTING the massive power that the Nation of Menta Lee-Il and the oppressiveness that this nation exerts of the region of Psychotic Dictatorships.

UNDERSTANDING that the nation of Menta Lee-Il is a reckless, dangerous and a nation which is discriminatory towards all those who follow the believe of free speech and the threat this nation and its followers holds against NS free speech, social equality, economic equality and a Nation(s)'s right to be able to post what they wish on a National, or International forum without prosecution.

BELIEVING that the nation's continuous abuse of human, civil and economic rights and their oppression of other nations is a grotesque abuse of power and must be dealt with in order to secure peace and stability in Psychotic Dictatorships and surrounding regions.

ACCEPTING the fact that the nation of Menta Lee-Il has a right to lead the region of Psychotic Dictatorships and this right will not be taken away from them.

CONDEMNING Menta Lee-Il and the Letterman Commie Paradise of Menta Lee-Il

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue May 26, 2015 4:53 pm

Change your last clause to "CONDEMNS Menta Lee-il".
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Billugslovakc
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Billugslovakc » Tue May 26, 2015 5:22 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:Change your last clause to "CONDEMNS Menta Lee-il".

I never thought they would make it invalid over that technicality, I though it was something I wrote in it before that buy TY, I'll submit it momentarily. Thanks again. :clap:

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue May 26, 2015 5:25 pm

Billugslovakc wrote:

I never thought they would make it invalid over that technicality, I though it was something I wrote in it before that buy TY, I'll submit it momentarily. Thanks again. :clap:

No, don't submit it. Leave it up here for debate first.
Also, you should read this, an attempt (scrapped) by Nurkama that dealt with the region, but never got past the debate stage.
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Tue May 26, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Billugslovakc
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Billugslovakc » Tue May 26, 2015 5:26 pm

Description: NOTING the massive power that the Nation of Menta Lee-Il and the oppressiveness that this nation exerts of the region of Psychotic Dictatorships.

UNDERSTANDING that the nation of Menta Lee-Il is a reckless, dangerous and a nation which is discriminatory towards all those who follow the believe of free speech and the threat this nation and its followers holds against NS free speech, social equality, economic equality and a Nation(s)'s right to be able to post what they wish on a National, or International forum without prosecution.

BELIEVING that the nation's continuous abuse of human, civil and economic rights and their oppression of other nations is a grotesque abuse of power and must be dealt with in order to secure peace and stability in Psychotic Dictatorships and surrounding regions.

ACCEPTING the fact that the nation of Menta Lee-Il has a right to lead the region of Psychotic Dictatorships and this right will not be taken away from them.

Hereby CONDEMNS Menta Lee-Il and the Letterman Commie Paradise of Menta Lee-Il

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue May 26, 2015 5:26 pm

Also, the last clause might still be illegal. It's condemning Menta Lee-il twice for the same action, the way it's worded.

Also, edit it into the original post, please.
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Tue May 26, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Co-Author of SC #204

Billugslovakc
Attaché

Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Condemn the Letterman Commie Paradise of Menta-Lee-I

Postby Billugslovakc » Tue May 26, 2015 5:27 pm

Description:

NOTING the massive power that the Nation of Menta Lee-Il and the oppressiveness that this nation exerts of the region of Psychotic Dictatorships.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue May 26, 2015 5:29 pm

1. You only get one thread per proposal. Don't make a new thread every time you edit the proposal.
2. It's Menta Lee-il, not The Letterman Commie Paradise of Menta Lee-il. No pre-title is required.
3. This is still far from polished. I suggest you file a GHR and get it taken off the queue for further editing.
Co-Author of SC #204

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Tue May 26, 2015 10:17 pm

Topics merged.

viewtopic.php?p=24706040#p24706040

I also don't care if people use the pre title or not. It is weird though to use the nation name and then ALSO the nation name with the pre title. You're mentioning the same person twice.

The reason your proposal was deleted was for a rule 4 violation, mentioning posting on a forum.

Ald-Mora
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ald-Mora » Tue May 26, 2015 10:21 pm

Why would you condemn Menta Lee-Il? that's the most hilarious nation on NS!
Last edited by Ald-Mora on Tue May 26, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This Nation is Based off The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
Notable Factbooks

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Thu May 28, 2015 4:15 pm

Even better: "Hereby condemns Menta-Lee IL."

I hardly ever see resolutions without a "Hereby condemns" clause. You can capitalize "Hereby" if you wish, as many authors do that.
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Fri May 29, 2015 6:41 am

Billugslovakc wrote:Description:

NOTING the massive power that the Nnation of Menta Lee-Il and the oppressiveness oppression that this nation exerts of on the region of Psychotic Dictatorships.

UNDERSTANDING that the nation of Menta Lee-Il is a reckless, dangerous and a nation which is discriminatory towards that both discriminates and threatens against all those who follow the believe of free speech and the threat this nation and its followers holds against NS free speech, social equality, and economic equality and a nation(s)'s right to be able to post what they wish on a National, or International forum without prosecution.

BELIEVING that the nation's continuous abuse of human, civil, and economic rights and their oppression of other nations is a grotesque gross abuse of power and must be dealt with in order to secure peace and stability in Psychotic Dictatorships and surrounding regions.

Please review the rules and suggestions outlined in this post. Your proposal needs more substance, and is laden with rule violations. I've edited some of your grammar and corrected violations, but it definitely needs much more substance. Examples of this behavior would be essential.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Naginii
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Naginii » Fri May 29, 2015 9:12 pm

Billugslovakc wrote:
BELIEVING that the nation's continuous abuse of human, civil and economic rights and their oppression of other nations is a grotesque abuse of power...

Waitaminute — it's been a few decades since I was at college, but isn't this exactly the very behavior that you'd expect from a Psychotic Dictatorship? Seems to me he's playing the part rather well.

Billugslovakc wrote:... and must be dealt with in order to secure peace and stability in Psychotic Dictatorships and surrounding regions...

I appreciate the rationale for this. I don't like despotic rulers, historically or geopolitically speaking either. That said...

If I understand the point of all this, you find this regional founder's fictional roleplay (as a cruel despot) despicable, because you disagree with the harsh realities to the native nations living under someone parodying a real-world dictatorship. Badging him, you believe, will make him change his tune and bring "peace and stability" to the region. Well, a despot usually achieves peace and stability by brutally suppressing regional, factional and sectarian freedoms and interests through all the means you've outlined. It wasn't until those despots died that the people had a voice, but then civil war usually erupted.

So, what it seems you really want to achieve, is for the founder of the region to stop being a dictatorship. Unfortunately, badging him is likely to have the reverse effect. I reckon he'll just add it to his salad bar of motivational method-acting ingredients, and inflate the despot-character even further into something you really aren't going to particularly like. Despots live to be disliked. They love it. It gives them power and inflates the ego.

Anyway, I disagree fundamentally with the idea of going after someone simply because we don't like the kind of character he's roleplaying. Allowing people to be whatever kind of Walter Mitty character they'd like (within the bounds of the FAQ and understood conduct) is the underlying point of NS. Menta is a parody, and as such it's not likely to be to everyone's taste, but it's his right to play it the way he wants to. You have a right not to like it, but you also don't have to live in his region. Thirty-two other nations seem to enjoy his schtick immensely and are going along with it — even if they are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

There are thousands of regions in NS I don't care at all for, run by nations who's acts I'm really tired of, but I'll fight every day for their right to continue to be a PiTA — because that's what free speech is supposed to be about: your right to say things that I probably will not like.

As long as he keeps his South-East-Asian-late-night-talkshow-host-flavored-dictatorial-sandbox-parody to himself and his oppressed peoples, why should anyone else care? Is the WASC now in the business of being the arbiter of what kind of fictional, regionally-confined roleplay is "correct"? Yikes, I hope not.

If that's the case, the NS Pandora's Box is opened: where does this kind of personal-taste style legislation end?
Last edited by Naginii on Fri May 29, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Western Wortheria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Wortheria » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:02 pm

Naginii wrote:
Billugslovakc wrote:
BELIEVING that the nation's continuous abuse of human, civil and economic rights and their oppression of other nations is a grotesque abuse of power...

Waitaminute — it's been a few decades since I was at college, but isn't this exactly the very behavior that you'd expect from a Psychotic Dictatorship? Seems to me he's playing the part rather well.

Billugslovakc wrote:... and must be dealt with in order to secure peace and stability in Psychotic Dictatorships and surrounding regions...

I appreciate the rationale for this. I don't like despotic rulers, historically or geopolitically speaking either. That said...

If I understand the point of all this, you find this regional founder's fictional roleplay (as a cruel despot) despicable, because you disagree with the harsh realities to the native nations living under someone parodying a real-world dictatorship. Badging him, you believe, will make him change his tune and bring "peace and stability" to the region. Well, a despot usually achieves peace and stability by brutally suppressing regional, factional and sectarian freedoms and interests through all the means you've outlined. It wasn't until those despots died that the people had a voice, but then civil war usually erupted.

So, what it seems you really want to achieve, is for the founder of the region to stop being a dictatorship. Unfortunately, badging him is likely to have the reverse effect. I reckon he'll just add it to his salad bar of motivational method-acting ingredients, and inflate the despot-character even further into something you really aren't going to particularly like. Despots live to be disliked. They love it. It gives them power and inflates the ego.

Anyway, I disagree fundamentally with the idea of going after someone simply because we don't like the kind of character he's roleplaying. Allowing people to be whatever kind of Walter Mitty character they'd like (within the bounds of the FAQ and understood conduct) is the underlying point of NS. Menta is a parody, and as such it's not likely to be to everyone's taste, but it's his right to play it the way he wants to. You have a right not to like it, but you also don't have to live in his region. Thirty-two other nations seem to enjoy his schtick immensely and are going along with it — even if they are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

There are thousands of regions in NS I don't care at all for, run by nations who's acts I'm really tired of, but I'll fight every day for their right to continue to be a PiTA — because that's what free speech is supposed to be about: your right to say things that I probably will not like.

As long as he keeps his South-East-Asian-late-night-talkshow-host-flavored-dictatorial-sandbox-parody to himself and his oppressed peoples, why should anyone else care? Is the WASC now in the business of being the arbiter of what kind of fictional, regionally-confined roleplay is "correct"? Yikes, I hope not.

If that's the case, the NS Pandora's Box is opened: where does this kind of personal-taste style legislation end?
i love Menta Lee-IL
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Menta Lee-IL , put this in your signature

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:23 am

Don't gravedig.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council