NATION

PASSWORD

Dicatorship in The WA

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Everly
Civilian

Founded: May 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Dicatorship in The WA

Postby Everly » Tue May 26, 2015 2:59 am

If the WA was formed to protect the people of the member countries and keep peace and prosperity then why do the WA allow Dictorships to join, can't they do anything they please, put anyone in jail, and pass unfair laws?

Liberty and Alderney
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Alderney » Tue May 26, 2015 3:01 am

But then how can we take the piss out of the real UN if we can't do what they do?
YOUR UBER IS HERE
̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿ ______________________ ̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿
What this nation was like during 2017Spread the web loveBut for real, this is my IC flagMe irl for real this time

Quensatango
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Quensatango » Tue May 26, 2015 3:04 am

Just because a nation has a Dictatorship doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing, I feel. There are such things as Benevolent dictatorships if you look hard enough.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue May 26, 2015 7:23 am

Banning dictatorships would fall afoul of the Ideological Ban rule.

Also, this isn't an SC topic. You might be looking for the GA. All the SC does is commend/condemn/liberate nations/regions.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Tue May 26, 2015 12:32 pm

Everly wrote:If the WA was formed to protect the people of the member countries and keep peace and prosperity then why do the WA allow Dictorships to join, can't they do anything they please, put anyone in jail, and pass unfair laws?

No, they can't. the WA has multiple laws banning those sorts of practices. If dictatorships want to join, they more or less have to transform into benevolent dictatorships lest they run afoul of compliance requirements.
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Tue May 26, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Return to Security Council