NATION

PASSWORD

[PROPOSAL] Commend United German Regions

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:10 am

Sedgistan wrote:
Todd McCloud wrote:Are we absolutely sure that "deleted for illegal script usage" is not a Rule 4 violation?

It is a Rule 4 violation, which is why CG just deleted the proposal.

Considering this got 23 approvals in ten minutes, just change it to "expelled for illegal recruitment behaviour" or something like that.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

CreepyCut
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby CreepyCut » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:07 pm

I don't support this since although it was the "infamous" Black Riders that were liberated by UGR, it is still just another region in a game perspective; there should be more to it for a commendation than just liberating a few regions, including TBR.

I'd like to address a few things as to the reason why I don't support it, besides the said reason above.

First of all, it was in my view, a stroke of luck. If the Mods hadn't deleted TBR's founder then none of this would have probably happened. It just happened to be the right moment of opportunity to "liberate" TBR. Yes it took coordination and effort to organize the raid, but if not those who organized it, then others would have leaped onto that moment of opportunity.

Secondly, even though TBR has been "liberated", it won't stop its former "natives" from starting a new region; in fact I do believe they have already begun to regroup themselves into a new region; and possibly take revenge with a fiery passion. So although a "new and free TBR" may be formed, the threat hasn't been repelled. We could commend UGR for starting a "free" region now but how do we know if the new TBR will uphold those ideals? I'm sure commending someone for opening the path to a "newly governed and free region" without knowing if the region will function for long, let alone uphold those ideals, is a little hasty.

Finally, without intending to commit the error of ad hominem, I received a telegram, from I do believe, UGR, asking me as well as any delegates involved, to support the proposal, commending that particular nation. Although the proposal's author was another nation, I am sure there's something to frown upon when the "nominated nation" telegrams delegates to support their own commendation.

In conclusion, it all seems like a "self-reassuring pat on the back" if you ask me.

I don't mean to take sides nor go against anyone; these are merely the reasons as to why I don't approve of this proposal.
Last edited by CreepyCut on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-{Ash Rosekastell, founder and King of Insanity and Flowers in Asylum}-

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:10 pm

CreepyCut wrote:I don't support this since although it was the "infamous" Black Riders that were liberated by UGR, it is still just another region in a game perspective; there should be more to it for a commendation than just liberating a few regions, including TBR.

I'd like to address a few things as to the reason why I don't support it, besides the said reason above.

First of all, it was in my view, a stroke of luck. If the Mods hadn't deleted TBR's founder then none of this would have probably happened. It just happened to be the right moment of opportunity to "liberate" TBR. Yes it took coordination and effort to organize the raid, but if not those who organized it, then others would have leaped onto that moment of opportunity.

Secondly, even though TBR has been "liberated", it won't stop its former "natives" from starting a new region; in fact I do believe they have already begun to regroup themselves into a new region; and possibly take revenge with a fiery passion. So although a "new and free TBR" may be formed, the threat hasn't been repelled. We could commend UGR for starting a "free" region now but how do we know if the new TBR will uphold those ideals? I'm sure commending someone for opening the path to a "newly governed and free region" without knowing if the region will function for long, let alone uphold those ideals, is a little hasty.

Finally, without intending to commit the error of ad hominem, I received a telegram, from I do believe, UGR, asking me as well as any delegates involved, to support the proposal, commending him. Although the proposal's author was another nation, I am sure there's something to frown upon when the "nominated nation" telegrams delegates to support their own commendation.

In conclusion, it all seems like a "self-reassuring pat on the back" if you ask me.

I don't mean to take sides nor go against anyone; these are merely the reasons as to why I don't approve of this proposal.

I don't know, it looks like they already have a fairly good constitution up and voting for ratification. The rebranding of TBR as a free and fair region seems to be going well.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

CreepyCut
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby CreepyCut » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:12 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
CreepyCut wrote:I don't support this since although it was the "infamous" Black Riders that were liberated by UGR, it is still just another region in a game perspective; there should be more to it for a commendation than just liberating a few regions, including TBR.

Finally, without intending to commit the error of ad hominem, I received a telegram, from I do believe, UGR, asking me as well as any delegates involved, to support the proposal, commending him. Although the proposal's author was another nation, I am sure there's something to frown upon when the "nominated nation" telegrams delegates to support their own commendation.

I don't know, it looks like they already have a fairly good constitution up and voting for ratification. The rebranding of TBR as a free and fair region seems to be going well.

Even so, I think there needs to be more to this commendation, as TBR is in the end, a region which can be manipulated like so many others.
-{Ash Rosekastell, founder and King of Insanity and Flowers in Asylum}-

The Nocter Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: May 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nocter Empire » Mon May 25, 2015 8:42 am

I'd support this if there ever is another draft

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon May 25, 2015 10:09 am

You've just gravedug four threads that hadn't been posted in for weeks. *** Warned for gravedigging spam. ***

The Nocter Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: May 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nocter Empire » Mon May 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Sedgistan wrote:You've just gravedug four threads that hadn't been posted in for weeks. *** Warned for gravedigging spam. ***

Oh, y'know what ? FUCK YOU, I'm leaving this game. I'm actually trying to be active, and participate in the forums and all, and you send me two big red warnings as reward. I've already dealt with a maniac moderation in another game, I'm sick of it, not gonna repeat it. So TAKE YOUR FUCKING WARNINGS AND STICK THEM UP YOUR ASSHOLE, MOTHERFUCKER.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council