NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal SC #111 "Commend Krulltopia"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zarkanians
Senator

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:16 am

Jean Pierre Trudeau wrote:
Zarkanians wrote:
So did you. I maintain that this is incredibly unprofessional language for a Security Council bill, and that blaming me for not removing it doesn't do much to explain why it's there in the first place. Especially given the fact that I had no part in writing this. My vote against stands.

I'm sorry, but what the fuck are you babbling about? No one has said you write this resolution. I SAID "If this was that big of a problem for you, you had ample time to mention it earlier". Why the fuck would I mention, when I put it in there? If you are that unable to form a coherent argument, please don't post.

So when exactly did I shoot your dog? This is a game. Calm down.

It isn't my job to check every proposal to make sure the wording is appropriate. This one was allowed to slip past the people who actually do hang around and look for things like this, so I'm voting against it. I will probably vote for it if it passes and is resubmitted without that ridiculous line.
Thought and Memory each morning fly
Over the vast earth:
Thought, I fear, may fail to return,
But I fear more for Memory.

Europe and Northern Asia
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Europe and Northern Asia » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:39 pm

What is this? How was this passed in the first place if everyone is so ready to repeal it now?

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:31 pm

Europe and Northern Asia wrote:What is this? How was this passed in the first place if everyone is so ready to repeal it now?

The NPO has really brought down the wrath of NS upon itself in the past 12-or-so days. So, basically, the answer is: Things changed.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Clorp
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Clorp » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:35 am

The commonwealth has no definitive knowledge of events transpired that have caused the Security Councils stance on the NPO, and given Clorps preexisting relationship with members of the NPO, It has voted to respectfully stay neutral.
Clorp
"Brute Ships, staggered line! Shipmaster, they outnumber us three to one!"
Then it is an even fight."
-Rtas Vadumee
Clorp-proudly supporting its people since 1015
Proud Member of Europeia.
Ambassador Arak Thatranee
Representative of the Clorpian Council to the WA

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:02 am

Clorp wrote:The commonwealth has no definitive knowledge of events transpired that have caused the Security Councils stance on the NPO, and given Clorps preexisting relationship with members of the NPO, It has voted to respectfully stay neutral.

The Excidian Ambassador, unfamiliar with Clorp, skims over the World Assembly report in that nation. Stumbling upon a possibly important piece of information, she stands.

"We notice you use 'Francoes' as currency. Are you Perhaps a Francoist, Ambassador?" the Excidian Ambassador questions.
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:25 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
Europe and Northern Asia wrote:What is this? How was this passed in the first place if everyone is so ready to repeal it now?

The NPO has really brought down the wrath of NS upon itself in the past 12-or-so days. So, basically, the answer is: Things changed.

I'm pretty sure this is the kitchen, now where to find the heat...
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:28 am

Feux wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

You've essentially stuck your collective hands on a hot stove, and you're not noticing the scent of burning flesh.

There's heat aplenty. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:50 am

Balder will be abstaining due to the lies found within this.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Sciongrad
Minister

Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:51 am

Feux wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

Ha, that's really sort of cute. You're too cool to acknowledge the unparalleled level of opprobrium that's been directed towards you in the past two weeks. But believe it or not, pretending it doesn't exist like a seven year old doesn't make you any cooler. :roll:
Natalia Santos, Plenipotentiary and Permanent Scionite Representative to the World Assembly

Ideological Bulwark #271

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:26 pm

I mean comparing the numbers on this to Condemn Unknown or Repeal Commend Sedge - other resolutions that came about because most of the world was pretty pissed off at something.. This is a pretty shocking break down of votes. I would have never expected such a swing, even if you'd told me NPO would orchestrate a GCR coup. I would have assumed they would have attempted some propaganda or defense of their reputation, rather than just watching things unfold quietly.

What's happened has happened, now to see if it can be fixed, I suppose.
AKA Weed

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:16 pm

Sciongrad wrote:
Feux wrote:

Ha, that's really sort of cute. You're too cool to acknowledge the unparalleled level of opprobrium that's been directed towards you in the past two weeks. But believe it or not, pretending it doesn't exist like a seven year old doesn't make you any cooler. :roll:

That must make me the heat then. :roll:
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives