NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Sciongrad

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sainterre
Attaché

Founded: Apr 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sainterre » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:45 pm

Thank you to everyone who approved this proposal.
Jacob F. Ridgeway, KCOM
Permanent Representative of the United Republic of Sainterre to the World Assembly
SCR#178-Commend Sciongrad

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:37 pm

Congratulations on achieving quorum. The number is quite high now. :shock:
Just some weeb.

New Natal
Civilian

Founded: Feb 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Natal » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:33 am

Sainterre wrote:The Security Council,

Appluading the fact that Sciongrad..

Also appauding..

Two small spelling errors with the bolded.

Otherwise supported!

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:37 am

Sainterre wrote:-SCR #70, Commend Glen-Rhodes, which commended a nation that had authored seven important General Assembly resolutions that include: GAR #52 Food Welfare Act, and GAR #130 Elections and Assistance Act,

So this a resolution to commend a nation for writing a resolution to commend a nation for writing resolutions?

It's a shame the thread stopped there; I'm thinking you could have taken it much, much further. :roll:

Without prejudice toward Sciongrad, who nonetheless remains an exemplary player, I vote AGAINST this resolution.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Mikeswill
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Mikeswill » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:37 pm

COMMEND / CONDEMN PROPOSALS:
These Condemn & Commend Resolutions are mostly a popularity contest and a waste of the World Assembly’s time. It is not the Business of the World Assembly to Honour Nations. The WA is not a Beauty Contest. We would ignore these Resolutions were it not for the ridiculous precedent these Resolutions present.

As such, Mikeswill voted AGAINST the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".

Mikes Hope Essence of Mikeswill
WA Delegate
NationStates Region
Love Conquers Fear
NationStates

Nulvelith
Minister

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulvelith » Fri May 01, 2015 4:09 pm

i agree with the commending....
but the part about him trying to get rid of useless bureaucracy, and here we are spending more on just that to praise him... seems perfectly oxymoronic to me.
Be silent. Be not still.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Sat May 02, 2015 12:59 am

Given that Sciongrad was the unwilling/grudgingly willing co-author (moreso "significant contributor" as we have agreed upon) of my only passed GA resolution so far, I'm inclined to vote FOR for a commendation of Sciongrad, despite the animosity Sciongrad has had with 10KI over something, which to some extent affects my region due to the ties Ygg has with XKI.

But this resolution is really a slightly disappointing effort for a Commend Sciongrad. It seems not to take the argument far enough that makes Sciongrad's contribution to the WA a bit more glowing than just commending him for something that reads like a lousy day job that Gruen's ambassador has that he would rather be laid off and flip burgers at the fast food chain across the WA HQ.

It's also a bit sad IMHO that Sainterre has to be the one writing this, given the obvious clash of ties in IDU that makes this effort one that mimics a self-commend effort.

So I'm going to abstain. Because I don't think it's entirely fair for me to vote on this either way.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Sciongrad
Minister

Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Sat May 02, 2015 1:34 pm

Elke and Elba wrote: despite the animosity Sciongrad has had with 10KI over something, which to some extent affects my region due to the ties Ygg has with XKI.

I hadn't planned on posting in this thread, but I've seen this posted a few times and I feel the need to clarify a few things.

First of all, and I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but is this whole "animosity" thing in reference to an incident in 2011 when I contributed to an effort to repeal their commendation? Because frankly, that's a little sad. I've also seen Anime Daisuki insinuate that I'm a former raider or something, which I think is in reference to a single failed and unaffiliated raid attempt I made literally within the first few weeks of joining the game. While I'm sorry if 10KI has perceived those things as egregious and unforgivable insults to their honor and dignity, I do really think it's time they get over an incident so minor that it isn't remembered by anyone except them. Get a little perspective and learn not to hold petty grudges over ridiculous things. I genuinely don't want there to be any bad blood between us, but this is sort of silly.
Last edited by Sciongrad on Sat May 02, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Natalia Santos, Plenipotentiary and Permanent Scionite Representative to the World Assembly

Ideological Bulwark #271

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Sat May 02, 2015 2:01 pm

TITO does seem to hold lifetime grudges.

But it looks like this resolution is going to pass, so congrats Sciongrad. :)
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives