NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Commend Historia Novorum

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drewlantis
Attaché

Founded: Nov 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Drewlantis » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:14 pm

The United Territories of Providence wrote:Commendations aren't meant to be handed out with reckless abandon. Stingy isn't the word, I'd say selective. 6 may seem low, but they're so rare because usually only the most exceptional of regions earn them. If every decent region was given a commendation simply because they weren't horrible, it would devalue the whole thing. If the SC just liberally handed these out, how could you truly tell the great regions from the good? Being a "good guy" is fine and dandy...but greatness is supposed to be noteworthy. Although the accomplishments of this particular region are impressive, commendation worthy they are not.

"They aren't meant to, but unfortunately a lot of nations receive them when they really shouldn't. I'm still bitter about [nation=Evil Wolf] getting his commendation. Not because he didn't have worthy actions, but because he was also very condemable. This region is a good region, it's nice, it's fun, and I don't think that there should have to be unrelenting evil to fight against for one's actions to be commended."
OOC: I know that a nation can be commended and condemned, I still don't believe that should happen though.
With Regards,
Fromm Burgenheimer.
Minister of the Department of Diplomacy, Ambassador to the WA, Advisor Second Class to Emperor Imperator Andrew Lake the First.
Personality Type: ENTP, that means watch out ladies and gentlemen, either I'm going to take over the world, or rig a toaster to fly, I don't know yet..
Additional random psychology information: No, I'm not insane, and I have no mental illnesses. I am highly intelligent with some narcissistic tendencies who can be very charming when I want to be, which is sometimes described as psychopathy, but I highly doubt it.. Sometimes.. ;)

Naginii
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Naginii » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:09 am

Make condemnations/commendations rare, exceptional and for true merit. Don't hand them out like participation awards to every "nice" region that makes you smile. NationStates is FULL of regions like that, regions that deserve merit and attention for what they do, and in a way, they get it via the "featured region" tag.

I'm sure these people are nice and all, but at 40+ days, they can hardly have made a significant impact on the gamemap. Hold a higher standard: minimum 90 days or more for gameplay commendations. Three months is an eternity in NS. Give them a chance to really show what they can do.

Drewlantis
Attaché

Founded: Nov 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Drewlantis » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:57 pm

Naginii wrote:I'm sure these people are nice and all, but at 40+ days, they can hardly have made a significant impact on the gamemap. Hold a higher standard: minimum 90 days or more for gameplay commendations. Three months is an eternity in NS. Give them a chance to really show what they can do.

OOC: They were actually from a different region earlier and they migrated there. Don't know if that matters to you or not, but felt the need to repeat it anyways just in case. :)
With Regards,
Fromm Burgenheimer.
Minister of the Department of Diplomacy, Ambassador to the WA, Advisor Second Class to Emperor Imperator Andrew Lake the First.
Personality Type: ENTP, that means watch out ladies and gentlemen, either I'm going to take over the world, or rig a toaster to fly, I don't know yet..
Additional random psychology information: No, I'm not insane, and I have no mental illnesses. I am highly intelligent with some narcissistic tendencies who can be very charming when I want to be, which is sometimes described as psychopathy, but I highly doubt it.. Sometimes.. ;)

Previous

Return to WA Archives