NATION

PASSWORD

[Abandoned] Repeal "Condemn Allied States of EuroIslanders"

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

[Abandoned] Repeal "Condemn Allied States of EuroIslanders"

Postby Ynys Prydain » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:17 am

Repeal "Condemn Allied States of EuroIslanders"
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal | Resolution: SC#73 | Proposed by: Cormac Stark

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #73: Condemn Allied States of EuroIslanders shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council:

Reaffirming its repeated condemnation of acts of cultural destruction against regional communities, in whatever form such destruction may take and whether perpetrated on the initiative of individual nations or at the behest of regional governments or interregional organizations;

Reasserting its concern with the supportive attitudes expressed by some of the nations of Allied States of EuroIslanders for the acts of forum destruction perpetrated against The Black Hawks, The DEN, and Invaders Army at the time these offenses were committed;

Recalling that following the final act of forum destruction, the Red Liberty Alliance, of which Allied States of EuroIslanders was a founding member, conducted a thorough investigation of the offense and expelled the nations responsible for that act from its membership while also prohibiting forum destruction;

Acknowledging that, prior to these incidents, forum destruction had been a tactic that had not yet been universally condemned and had been used by other regions and organizations without significant consequence;

Observing that the Security Council has previously repealed SC#27, the condemnation of Unknown for the acts of forum destruction perpetrated by its intelligence agent against Crusaders of Justice and The Council of Narnia;

Noting that the attitude expressed by SC#73 in regard to regional forums ignores the importance of other regional forms of communication, which are routinely suppressed and even destroyed by invading forces without condemnation;

Reflecting that many nations responsible for acts of forum destruction and regions that have harbored such nations -- such as The Black Riders and Ceirien, to cite two recent examples -- have not been condemned by the nations and regions of the world through this institution for those actions;

Determining that Allied States of EuroIslanders has paid any penalty owed for complicity in the condemned acts of forum destruction, and that the nations formerly or currently residing in Allied States of EuroIslanders and the region itself should be able to actively engage with the interregional community without fear of further stigma or isolation:

Hereby Repeals SC#73: Condemn Allied States of EuroIslanders.

I'll be leaving this up for comments to improve the draft for quite some time before submission.
Last edited by Ynys Prydain on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Cormac

Χαλεπὰ τὰ καλά (Naught Without Labor)

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:43 pm

So the person who is big about condemning people who have destroyed forums wants to repeal the condemnation of a region who destroyed forums? :blink:
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Jakker wrote:So the person who is big about condemning people who have destroyed forums wants to repeal the condemnation of a region who destroyed forums? :blink:

I think the world should be consistent. We should either be tough on forum destruction or not, but we shouldn't do it in a selective way.

Unknown's condemnation was repealed, largely due to the passage of time despite the other justifications provided in the repeal resolution. Other regions that have been complicit in forum destruction, such as The Ascendancy, or regions which have harbored forum destroyers without significant or sometimes any consequences for them, have not been condemned. As far as I know, no nation has ever been condemned for forum destruction and instead collective responsibility has been heaped upon their home regions in only two cases.

Meanwhile, today, we have The Black Riders, Ceirien, and possibly other regions harboring very recent forum destroyers without any apparent diplomatic consequences for either region. Other regions are harboring less recent forum destroyers because it is argued that they've done their time and justice has been served, and this argument has been accepted by most of the regions that maintain diplomatic ties to these regions.

There is no reason Allied States of EuroIslanders and the Red Liberty Alliance should stand alone as the only region and organization left in NationStates that are still stigmatized and isolated for forum destruction that occurred years ago, when we aren't stigmatizing and isolating people who destroyed a forum just weeks ago.
Last edited by Ynys Prydain on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:28 pm

From what I've heard, EuroIslanders was one of the worst perpetrators of forum destruction, thus I do not support this repeal.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:34 pm

Solorni wrote:From what I've heard, EuroIslanders was one of the worst perpetrators of forum destruction, thus I do not support this repeal.

It was no worse than Unknown, but their condemnation has been repealed, and certainly no worse than The Ascendancy, which was never condemned despite its members' acts of forum destruction occurring well after the interregional consensus against forum destruction had been well established.
Cormac

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:41 pm

EuroSoviets, the founder of EuroIslanders, actively supports Forum Destruction against raiders. Just go ask him, he'll be glad to tell you.

Oh and EuroIslanders, EuroSoviets, and the RLA didn't destroy just one forum, they destroyed three. The DEN HQ forums, The Black Hawks Forums, and Invaders Army Forums.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:EuroSoviets, the founder of EuroIslanders, actively supports Forum Destruction against raiders. Just go ask him, he'll be glad to tell you.

That RMB post was made three and a half years ago. I'm aware that he has also made statements since then that indicate he does not necessarily oppose it in all instances, but his more recent remarks on the subject indicate that his opinion has evolved over time. He was hardly the only one in NationStates who supported forum destruction years ago.

Besides, he is an individual, albeit a Founder, and he did not destroy any forum. If support for forum destruction as a tactic warrants condemnation, let's haul Venico, Kurosaki (you know, the guy you have in Lone Wolves United), and plenty of others in here for condemnation as well.

The bottom line is that Allied States of EuroIslanders stands alone as the only region still condemned for forum destruction, despite other regions having ordered or been complicit in destruction of forums. That isn't justice, it's selective retribution at the behest of invaders whose regions in the past also destroyed forums as a tactic against defenders, and who still to this day have no problem permanently destroying Regional Message Boards. An RMB is at times the sole record of a region's history for the vast majority of regions that don't adhere to the elitist gameplay off-site forum standard.

Evil Wolf wrote:Oh and EuroIslanders, EuroSoviets, and the RLA didn't destroy just one forum, they destroyed three. The DEN HQ forums, The Black Hawks Forums, and Invaders Army Forums.

I'm aware, I included those regions in the repeal draft. Rougiers from Unknown -- an intelligence agent, just like The Red Factions -- destroyed two forums, belonging to Crusaders of Justice and The Council of Narnia. Unknown's condemnation was repealed. How many forums have individuals associated with The Ascendancy destroyed? Far more than three, I can assure you, yet even at its height when it was one of the most populous regions in NationStates, The Ascendancy did not receive a Security Council condemnation. Neither has any nation responsible for forum destruction ever been condemned, not even The Red Factions.

The Security Council should stand for justice, not invader retribution. We have utterly failed to take Security Council action against the vast majority or forum destroying regions or nations, and Allied States of EuroIslanders and those formerly or currently associated with it should not continue to be stigmatized and isolated while other forum destroyers roam free, playing the game, often in invader regions.
Last edited by Ynys Prydain on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:16 pm

So Ynys Prydain, if I understand your logic correctly, you're saying because Unknown's Condemn was repealed, no one who has ever committed Forum Destruction should ever have a Condemn passed against them, is that correct?
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:So Ynys Prydain, if I understand your logic correctly, you're saying because Unknown's Condemn was repealed, no one who has ever committed Forum Destruction should ever have a Condemn passed against them, is that correct?

No, I'm saying because no other region or nation has a condemnation on the books for forum destruction, the condemnation of Allied States of EuroIslanders should not stand. It's selective retribution, ignoring the vast majority of forum destruction incidents that have occurred before that and since.
Cormac

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:43 pm

Ynys Prydain wrote:No, I'm saying because no other region or nation has a condemnation on the books for forum destruction, the condemnation of Allied States of EuroIslanders should not stand. It's selective retribution, ignoring the vast majority of forum destruction incidents that have occurred before that and since.

That makes no sense. "We didn't think to condemn the others who did it, so therefore no one should be condemned!" Yeah, I'm not buying that. I'd rather just see the others who committed Forum Destruction condemned as well rather than see the repeal of a Condemn against Forum Destroyers who destroyed three forums, two of which openly and proudly. ASE earned it's condemn, and it is not because of "selective retribution" that they got it.

Ynys Prydain wrote:Asserting that Allied States of EuroIslanders and the Red Liberty Alliance did a great deal to promote interregional peace and goodwill, engaging in countless defensive operations to protect vulnerable regions from other acts of cultural destruction by invading forces

Yeah, they really stopped acts of cultural destruction when they destroyed all those forums. >_>

I can sort of understand the logic of trying to repeal this in a "condemn all the forum destroyers or condemn none of them" sort of way, Ynys Prydain. I don't agree with it at all, but at least I understand it.

However, don't try to paint Allied States of EuroIslanders as the good guys who were unfairly condemned. They were most certainly not the good guys and weren't even on the "grey" side of morality. They might have been defenders, but they were more ruthless, ill willed, and destructive than any of their raider foes. They remain the very definition of extremists.

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:That makes no sense. "We didn't think to condemn the others who did it, so therefore no one should be condemned!" Yeah, I'm not buying that. I'd rather just see the others who committed Forum Destruction condemned as well rather than see the repeal of a Condemn against Forum Destroyers who destroyed three forums, two of which openly and proudly. ASE earned it's condemn, and it is not because of "selective retribution" that they got it.

If it isn't due to selective retribution, what's the reason? They're neither the only nor the worst region responsible for or complicit in forum destruction, and yet no other nation or region is condemned for it. Explain that to us.

It's easy to say you would rather see the other regions and nations condemned, but are you going to condemn them? Is anyone? If so, why haven't they already? Why did they repeal Unknown's commendation?

Evil Wolf wrote:Yeah, they really stopped acts of cultural destruction when they destroyed all those forums. >_>

Actually, they probably did prevent some cultural destruction when one considers that an invasion resulting in re-founding destroys the RMB of a region. That you and most gameplayer elitists who use off-site forums don't see RMBs as a cultural record doesn't make it true, it only makes you gameplayer elitists who think your way is the only way that matters.

Of course, preventing cultural destruction with cultural destruction is the wrong way to go about it and forum destruction is never okay.

Evil Wolf wrote:I can sort of understand the logic of trying to repeal this in a "condemn all the forum destroyers or condemn none of them" sort of way, Ynys Prydain. I don't agree with it at all, but at least I understand it.

However, don't try to paint Allied States of EuroIslanders as the good guys who were unfairly condemned. They were most certainly not the good guys and weren't even on the "grey" side of morality. They might have been defenders, but they were more ruthless, ill willed, and destructive than any of their raider foes. They remain the very definition of extremists.

You're great with hyperbole, Wolf, but the only true statement there is that they weren't the good guys. Their acts of forum destruction deprive them of that designation.

More ruthless, ill willed, and destructive than their invader foes, though? More extreme? No, they weren't. They were only more ruthless, ill willed, and destructive in the eyes of those who have no regard for on-site communities and worship tiny off-site communities as the real NationStates game. In the eyes of those who value on-site communities, in the eyes of the victims of invasions, they are certainly no more ruthless, ill willed, or destructive than Macedon, DEN, The Black Hawks, The Black Riders, or your own region, Lone Wolves United. It's a matter of perspective. You think they're worse because what you do takes place almost entirely off-site, except when you're invading. People who spend most of their time on the on-site community, whose gameplay is invested in their RMBs rather than off-site forums, aren't going to think a forum destroyer is any worse than a region griefer. And objectively, they're right.
Cormac

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:24 pm

Ynys Prydain wrote:More ruthless, ill willed, and destructive than their invader foes, though? More extreme? No, they weren't. They were only more ruthless, ill willed, and destructive in the eyes of those who have no regard for on-site communities and worship tiny off-site communities as the real NationStates game. In the eyes of those who value on-site communities, in the eyes of the victims of invasions, they are certainly no more ruthless, ill willed, or destructive than Macedon, DEN, The Black Hawks, The Black Riders, or your own region, Lone Wolves United.

Heh, looks like I need to remind you of your NS history, Cormac.

When ASE operated it was pre-Influence and the Invasion Rules prevented Regional Destruction, or Region Griefing as it was called. It was a DOS offense at it's most extreme. So no, you can't even argue that they stopped regional destruction. They stopped raids, sure, but according to the rules, we couldn't even ban a native at that time without the hammer of MOD coming down upon us.

Your argument that they stopped the destruction of "innocent" communities falls flat, they did no such thing. Destroyed a lot of Forums, however. So yeah Cormac, they were more destructive than any raider operating at the time, even using your modern defender extremest logic of "region destruction is, like, the most evil crime ever!" The game rules assured to that.

Ynys Prydain wrote:Actually, they probably did prevent some cultural destruction when one considers that an invasion resulting in re-founding destroys the RMB of a region.

Again, just to hammer home my point, ASE didn't do a thing to prevent refoundings by Griefers. NS MOD did that by enforcing the existing game rules of the era. ASE did, however, destroy forums while preventing a grand total of zero regional destructions. How very heroic.

Ynys Prydain wrote:If it isn't due to selective retribution, what's the reason? They're neither the only nor the worst region responsible for or complicit in forum destruction, and yet no other nation or region is condemned for it. Explain that to us.

I don't know. I can't speak for every single player in the game who failed to write a Condemn for the other Forum Destroyers, I can only speak for myself. Why didn't you write a Condemn on those players, Cormac?
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:36 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Heh, looks like I need to remind you of your NS history, Cormac.

When ASE operated it was pre-Influence and the Invasion Rules prevented Regional Destruction, or Region Griefing as it was called. It was a DOS offense at it's most extreme. So no, you can't even argue that they stopped regional destruction. They stopped raids, sure, but according to the rules, we couldn't even ban a native at that time without the hammer of MOD coming down upon us.

Your argument that they stopped the destruction of "innocent" communities falls flat, they did no such thing. Destroyed a lot of Forums, however. So yeah Cormac, they were more destructive than any raider operating at the time, even using your modern defender extremest logic of "region destruction is, like, the most evil crime ever!" The game rules assured to that.

Are you saying that region griefing never occurred prior to influence? I know it was illegal, that's not my question.

Regardless, we're post-influence now and invaders routinely destroy regions for amusement. Whether ASE's/RLA's contemporaries did it or not -- and if they didn't, it was clearly only because they couldn't -- it's relatively common now, which makes today's invaders no better than the forum destroyers you're calling so ruthless, ill willed, destructive, and extreme. Yourself included, as you have destroyed regions and their on-site cultural records.

Evil Wolf wrote:I don't know. I can't speak for every single player in the game who failed to write a Condemn for the other Forum Destroyers, I can only speak for myself. Why didn't you write a Condemn on those players, Cormac?

Am I going to go through and condemn them all? No. I don't have enough time in the day for it, nor do I want to spend all my time doing that. Nor does it seem that the gameplay community is overly worked up about forum destruction, these days, until ASE is brought up.
Cormac

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:47 pm

Ynys Prydain wrote:Am I going to go through and condemn them all? No. I don't have enough time in the day for it, nor do I want to spend all my time doing that. Nor does it seem that the gameplay community is overly worked up about forum destruction, these days, until ASE is brought up.

I'm willing to bet good money that if you wrote a well thought out Condemn on one of the more recent Forum Destroyers it would pass with overwhelming support from the Gameplay Community. Forum Destroyers are up there with Nazis on the SC list of "people to immediately Condemn". All you need to do is propose it, which, I will note, was not done with anyone Cormac is complaining about. Lazy SC writers are lazy.

Ynys Prydain wrote:Are you saying that region griefing never occurred prior to influence? I know it was illegal, that's not my question.

No, it happened, and when it did, it was MOD who came in, deleted ever Griefer like the angry fist of God and then restored the region. ASE didn't do a whole hell of a lot to stop that, unless stopping all raids counts, in which case lets Commend every Defender ever for preventing possible horrible events that might have happened but actually didn't. Future Crimes Division, Defender edition.

ASE doesn't get a pass from being Forum Destroyers just because they defended.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Ynys Prydain wrote:they are certainly no more ruthless, ill willed, or destructive than Macedon, DEN, The Black Hawks, The Black Riders, or your own region, Lone Wolves United. It's a matter of perspective.

To be fair, DEN has carried out the destruction of off-site forums as well.
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:04 pm

Shizensky wrote:To be fair, DEN has carried out the destruction of off-site forums as well.

Yes, they did, against your region, too.

I can't speak personally for the DEN, but I am of the belief they they, rather foolishly, were trying to get some sort of revenge against the RLA by destroying Shizensky forums. I will note ASE and RLA had already kicked off the trend of Gameplay Forum Destruction by then and both sides were losing their minds over the topic.

Bad times, those were, bad times. I would never want to see that sort of thing happen again. It's bad enough now with raiders bombing their own forums, never mind a full on Raider/Defender Forum Destruction War like what could have resulted. Generally something one wants to avoid.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Ynys Prydain wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:Heh, looks like I need to remind you of your NS history, Cormac.

Are you saying that region griefing never occurred prior to influence? I know it was illegal, that's not my question.

Regardless, we're post-influence now and invaders routinely destroy regions for amusement. Whether ASE's/RLA's contemporaries did it or not -- and if they didn't, it was clearly only because they couldn't -- it's relatively common now, which makes today's invaders no better than the forum destroyers you're calling so ruthless, ill willed, destructive, and extreme. Yourself included, as you have destroyed regions and their on-site cultural records.

Game, set, match to wolf. He just undermined the central basis of your argument there, and rather than admitting it you just made a halfhearted attempt to sidestep it.

Anyway, your point about what they would have done if they could - that's an assumption, nothing more, no matter how likely. We really shouldn't start holding people as guilty for things they might have done if they could have. That's holding them accountable for something that could have happened but actually didn't happen at all. Have you ever seen minority report?

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:I'm willing to bet good money that if you wrote a well thought out Condemn on one of the more recent Forum Destroyers it would pass with overwhelming support from the Gameplay Community. Forum Destroyers are up there with Nazis on the SC list of "people to immediately Condemn". All you need to do is propose it, which, I will note, was not done with anyone Cormac is complaining about. Lazy SC writers are lazy.

Sure, the condemnations might pass -- but are those people going to care? What they actually care about is whether they can still continue playing this game. Thanks to The Black Riders and Ceirien, respectively, and thanks to the invader and imperialist regions that are looking the other way while their allies harbor them, they can. This is an indication to me that forum destruction isn't taken as seriously as it once was, if ever it was taken as seriously as it appeared to be. It is, like most things in gameplay, a weapon against your enemies and nothing more.

Or, prove me wrong. Will Lone Wolves United no longer work with The Black Riders for harboring one of the individuals who destroyed the Association of Imperialism forum? Will you?

My point here is that this condemnation is being used to punish ASE, not because it deserves it more than the numerous other forum destroying regions and nations that aren't condemned, but because invaders are very loud in demanding that the condemnation remain in place and those associated with ASE/RLA during that time period remain stigmatized and isolated. It is a weapon. It is an easy link you can pull up to say: "Those awful forum destroying defenders." It is nothing more than that.

Evil Wolf wrote:No, it happened, and when it did, it was MOD who came in, deleted ever Griefer like the angry fist of God and then restored the region. ASE didn't do a whole hell of a lot to stop that, unless stopping all raids counts, in which case lets Commend every Defender ever for preventing possible horrible events that might have happened but actually didn't. Future Crimes Division, Defender edition.

Fair enough. I didn't realize griefing was reversed when it occurred. In any event, that was not part of the argument for repeal in the actual proposal.

Evil Wolf wrote:ASE doesn't get a pass from being Forum Destroyers just because they defended.

I'm not saying they get a pass. They haven't gotten a pass -- as a result of those incidents of forum destruction, the ASE community largely doesn't exist anymore and the RLA collapsed. The condemnation badge has been displayed on their region for years for all to see. If Unknown, Sector ZYX, 94 Block, and on and on and on, have done their time and can now re-join gameplay, then ASE has also done its time and it's time to repeal this condemnation and end the stigmatization and isolation.

And I am additionally saying that I don't think we should make this tremendous deal out of forum destruction in this day and age, when invaders routinely erase or attempt to erase RMBs that are years old and contain a region's entire history. The Security Council should not participate in the glorification of gameplayer elitists and their off-site forums and the disregard by those elitists for on-site players and communities.

Evil Wolf wrote:
Shizensky wrote:To be fair, DEN has carried out the destruction of off-site forums as well.

Yes, they did, against your region, too.

I can't speak personally for the DEN, but I am of the belief they they, rather foolishly, were trying to get some sort of revenge against the RLA by destroying Shizensky forums. I will note ASE and RLA had already kicked off the trend of Gameplay Forum Destruction by then and both sides were losing their minds over the topic.

Bad times, those were, bad times. I would never want to see that sort of thing happen again. It's bad enough now with raiders bombing their own forums, never mind a full on Raider/Defender Forum Destruction War like what could have resulted. Generally something one wants to avoid.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. DEN did exactly what The Red Factions did, but because DEN was invader, here you are excusing away what they did, trying to justify it, or at the very least portraying them as more sympathetic. Essentially implying that, hey, it wasn't DEN's fault, blame ASE and RLA! Condemn ASE is a weapon for invader retribution and propaganda, not an act of justice.

Consular wrote:Anyway, your point about what they would have done if they could - that's an assumption, nothing more, no matter how likely. We really shouldn't start holding people as guilty for things they might have done if they could have. That's holding them accountable for something that could have happened but actually didn't happen at all. Have you ever seen minority report?

I mean, invaders destroy regions and the entire cultural records of their communities now, including some of the invaders who were around in pre-influence days -- so I feel pretty confident in saying that if it hadn't been illegal back then, they would have had no problem doing it.

Not to mention that the anti-griefing rules were created because, well, invaders were griefing. I don't think the moderators just decided to make anti-griefing rules in the absence of any regions actually being damaged or destroyed.
Cormac

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:20 pm

Ynys Prydain wrote:This is exactly what I'm talking about. DEN did exactly what The Red Factions did, but because DEN was invader, here you are excusing away what they did, trying to justify it, or at the very least portraying them as more sympathetic. Essentially implying that, hey, it wasn't DEN's fault, blame ASE and RLA! Condemn ASE is a weapon for invader retribution and propaganda, not an act of justice.

Actually, I 100% support a Condemnation against DEN for that incident. A lot of raiders weren't happy about what they did.

It could have damn well started an uncontrollable cascade of retaliation from both sides.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:24 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Actually, I 100% support a Condemnation against DEN for that incident. A lot of raiders weren't happy about what they did.

If that's the case, why are we here in 2015 and DEN still isn't condemned? It's convenient to be okay with a condemnation now when the entire community of DEN is now gone, but when it may have made a difference, no condemnation was forthcoming. And let me ask you this -- would DEN even care about the condemnation, or would its members just wear the condemnation as a badge of pride and honor like LWU, TBR, TBH, et al., do with their invasion-related condemnations?

If forum destruction is so awful and forum destroying regions so deserving of punishment, why did you rescue The DEN for future use by DEN when it ceased to exist and was available to be re-founded?
Last edited by Ynys Prydain on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Ynys Prydain wrote:If that's the case, why are we here in 2015 and DEN still isn't condemned? It's convenient to be okay with a condemnation now when the entire community of DEN is now gone, but when it may have made a difference, no condemnation was forthcoming. And let me ask you this -- would DEN even care about the condemnation, or would its members just wear the condemnation as a badge of pride and honor like LWU, TBR, TBH, et al., do with their invasion-related condemnations?

If forum destruction is so awful and forum destroying regions so deserving of punishment, why did you rescue The DEN for future use by DEN when it ceased to exist and was available to be re-founded?

What does DEN not being Condemned and me stealing The DEN from TITO, whom LWU is at war with still, have to do with repealing the ASE's Condemn for being Forum Destroyers again? Seems like false logic to me.

Be honest, Cormac, if ASE wasn't a former Defender region, would you ever care about their Condemnation? Let's not pretend your doing this for any other reason than you think a Defender region is being "unfairly" persecuted.

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Be honest, Cormac, if ASE wasn't a former Defender region, would you ever care about their Condemnation? Let's not pretend your doing this for any other reason than you think a Defender region is being "unfairly" persecuted.

Would I care enough to repeal this if this was an invader region? I honestly don't know.

While we're doing honesty, would you care so much if this wasn't a defender region?
Cormac

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Ynys Prydain wrote:While we're doing honesty, would you care so much if this wasn't a defender region?

Yes, actually. RLA and ASE were quite vile and perpetuated behavior which absolutely no one should emulate, regardless of side. I hesitate to even call them "Defenders" as I believe it sullies the term.

Why anyone would defend them and their odious behavior is quite beyond me.

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:27 pm

Out of respect for the victims of the forum destruction incidents in question, and not wanting to minimize the acts, I have removed this clause from the draft:

Asserting that Allied States of EuroIslanders and the Red Liberty Alliance did a great deal to promote interregional peace and goodwill, engaging in countless defensive operations to protect vulnerable regions from other acts of cultural destruction by invading forces, that this positive legacy should have been taken into account when considering the propriety of condemnation, and should be taken into account now;
Cormac

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Ynys Prydain wrote:Recalling that following these acts of forum destruction, the Red Liberty Alliance, of which Allied States of EuroIslanders was a founding member, conducted a thorough investigation of these offenses and expelled the nations responsible for these acts from its membership while also prohibiting forum destruction;

That's... not actually true.

The Red Factions was punished...the second time, when he destroyed the Invaders Army forum. However, he wasn't "expelled", he was suspended for 6 months from the RLA, if memory serves. The first time, when he destroyed The DEN HQ forums, he was given a promotion for his fine spy work.

The guy who destroyed TBH's forums was Nick, he was given some sort of a commendation for his work tricking Halc into giving him Admin access to TBH forums.

So the cited clause isn't true either.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council