NATION

PASSWORD

[RESUBMITTED] Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Christmas Light Makers
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 26, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmas Light Makers » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:19 pm

:rofl:

Also, what kind of smiley nazi made the rule that we can only use 10? Such silly rules would never fly in the GRA of old...
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: That would be on account of lovely persons such as yourself who insist on spamming the crap outta posts with the smileys ...

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Christmas Light Makers wrote:-snip-

Also, what kind of smiley nazi made the rule that we can only use 10? Such silly rules would never fly in the GRA of old...

LOL. Why are you spamming smileys anyway? This is a thread about the region you're defending and the fact that the liberation has become dangerous.
Last edited by Redsward on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:54 pm

I'd recommend you put the draft on hold... for reasons said by Chester. Just for a bit.
A puppet of a puppet of a puppet of a nation.

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:03 pm

New Brussels wrote:I'd recommend you put the draft on hold... for reasons said by Chester. Just for a bit.

I was thinking the same thing. More people are coming and endorsing CLM, who has exiled every raider but Sadko. CLM is quickly gaining influence, but it will be some time before he can overpower Sadko.
Security Council Debater

Christmas Light Makers
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmas Light Makers » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:26 am

True story, old bean.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm not sure I support a repeal while the region is being occupied by an outside force.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:26 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:I'm not sure I support a repeal while the region is being occupied by an outside force.

I know a rider is still there- that's why I'm not resubmitting yet.
Security Council Debater

Rateria
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 12, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Rateria » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:31 pm

I remember when I voted for the act we are talking about. But how are you going to pull this off?
GENERATION 14: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:13 pm

Rateria wrote:I remember when I voted for the act we are talking about. But how are you going to pull this off?

When the Mountains to the East is raider-free, I will send this to the floor. I have a puppet for campaigning.
Security Council Debater

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:04 am

Redsward wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:I'm not sure I support a repeal while the region is being occupied by an outside force.

I know a rider is still there- that's why I'm not resubmitting yet.

Actually I was talking about all the foreign troops in The Mountains to the East from places like United Defenders League, Rejected Realms Army, Founderless Regions Alliance, and Spiritus.

How can we pretend this Repeal is a choice the natives are really making for themselves when their region is being held captive by a massive army of outsiders? I wouldn't be surprised to learn the native population is being coerced into following the will of their occupiers.

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:08 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Actually I was talking about all the foreign troops in The Mountains to the East from places like United Defenders League, Rejected Realms Army, Founderless Regions Alliance, and Spiritus.

How can we pretend this Repeal is a choice the natives are really making for themselves when their region is being held captive by a massive army of outsiders? I wouldn't be surprised to learn the native population is being coerced into following the will of their occupiers.

Perhaps you'd like them to leave... and raiders can fill their place.. :p

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:14 am

New Brussels wrote:Perhaps you'd like them to leave... and raiders can fill their place.. :p

Would it be any different from the occupation the region is currently suffering under, those who claim they are there to "protect" The Mountains to the East while, in the same breath, denying them basic liberties? I submit to you it would not.

We wouldn't pass a "Liberate" repeal on a founderless region that was under Raider occupation, why are we considering passing one now when the region is still being occupied?
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:02 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
New Brussels wrote:Perhaps you'd like them to leave... and raiders can fill their place.. :p

Would it be any different from the occupation the region is currently suffering under, those who claim they are there to "protect" The Mountains to the East while, in the same breath, denying them basic liberties? I submit to you it would not.

We wouldn't pass a "Liberate" repeal on a founderless region that was under Raider occupation, why are we considering passing one now when the region is still being occupied?

As much as I hate to agree with Evil Wolf, he does bring up a legitimate point. This ceased being a defense, and turned into an occupation, when the forces in the region refused to turn the delegacy back over to the natives present.

When the natives are firmly in control, and wish to actually (and have the ability) to password protect the region, then I will support this. Until then no dice...
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Christmas Light Makers
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmas Light Makers » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:00 am

Evil Wolf wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to learn the native population is being coerced into following the will of their occupiers.

Can I have some of what you're drinking? Whatever you got in it must be crazy-ass strong...

:rofl:
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Quit it ...

Christmas Light Makers
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmas Light Makers » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:01 am

The delegacy will be returned as soon as all invader forces have been banjected, I believe.

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:10 pm

Christmas Light Makers wrote:The delegacy will be returned as soon as all invader forces have been banjected, I believe.

Basically just Sadko. And it looks like the natives and defenders are endorsing Pladitunisia as well.
Security Council Debater

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:20 pm

I will be in the region for a short amount of time helping it recover. Still waiting on Zertaxia to eliminate the threat.
Security Council Debater

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Redsward wrote:I will be in the region for a short amount of time helping it recover. Still waiting on Zertaxia to eliminate the threat.

The best thing for you to do now is probably wait. No need to be rushing about things that don't need to be rushed. You'll get the badge.... sooner or later...

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:39 pm

New Brussels wrote:
Redsward wrote:I will be in the region for a short amount of time helping it recover. Still waiting on Zertaxia to eliminate the threat.

The best thing for you to do now is probably wait. No need to be rushing about things that don't need to be rushed. You'll get the badge.... sooner or later...

I'm. Not. Badge hunting. I just want this to be over with. There's Sadko and a few suspicious "Colonies" who I'm suspecting are sleepers/switchers. Zertaxia has the influence to ban everyone but Sadko. However, he isn't taking action, and that's got me fed up.

On the other hand, Sadko is the only confirmed raider. My endorsement should help his influence grow faster.
Security Council Debater

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:38 pm

Redsward wrote:
New Brussels wrote:

I'm. Not. Badge hunting. I just want this to be over with. There's Sadko and a few suspicious "Colonies" who I'm suspecting are sleepers/switchers. Zertaxia has the influence to ban everyone but Sadko. However, he isn't taking action, and that's got me fed up.

On the other hand, Sadko is the only confirmed raider. My endorsement should help his influence grow faster.

What exactly is your stake in this then, if you are not badge hunting? Last I checked, you had no diplomatic relations with the region, nor a puppet there. Why does this concern you so much?
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:43 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Redsward wrote:I'm. Not. Badge hunting. I just want this to be over with. There's Sadko and a few suspicious "Colonies" who I'm suspecting are sleepers/switchers. Zertaxia has the influence to ban everyone but Sadko. However, he isn't taking action, and that's got me fed up.

What exactly is your stake in this then, if you are not badge hunting? Last I checked, you had no diplomatic relations with the region, nor a puppet there. Why does this concern you so much?

I want to protect regions in danger. That's why I draft in the SC.

I know this is painstakingly obvious, but this region's fate is at stake. The natives want their home secure. And I want to achieve my goal by helping them out.

I'm not trying to raid the region, for the last motherf***ing time. Although I'm technically neutral in the R/D game, I hate to see NS experiences ruined by TBR. Even though the riders make the game more fun in some ways, they ruin it for others. The natives of TMttE are in that second group.
Security Council Debater

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:41 am

Redsward wrote:
New Brussels wrote:

You misunderstood me. Influence takes a while to build up, so patience is necessary.

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:04 pm

New Brussels wrote:You misunderstood me. Influence takes a while to build up, so patience is necessary.

I know. I'm impatient, though. :p

But the more endos, the faster influence rise.
Security Council Debater

Old Zertaxia
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 06, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Zertaxia » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:45 pm

Excuse me, I take exception to being accused of inaction. Check yourself before you wreck yourself, sonny. And the name is Old Zertaxia, I'll thank you to note.

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:32 pm

http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vie ... 1422155965

Hmm... this guy's history is kind of sketchy. The proposal looks familiar too. I'll go digging in the old resolutions for a check :p

Update: Aha. Knew it looked familiar.
Last edited by New Brussels on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council