NATION

PASSWORD

[Abandoned] Liberate Christmas

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Yao wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The whole point of this resolution was to get TEK into the halls of the WASC for whatever reason.

I think something this mongerulous is worth it.

I actually googled the term "mongerulous" thinking it was a word I haven't learned yet :palm:
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Cormac Pendragon
Attaché

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Pendragon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:11 pm

Full support. Every time Christmas gets attention my ego gets stroked.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:19 pm

Cormac Pendragon wrote:Full support. Every time Christmas gets attention my ego gets stroked.

Fond UDL memories? :p

:hug:
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:13 am

Nephmir wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The whole point of this resolution was to get TEK into the halls of the WASC for whatever reason.

Not exactly. To be honest, I'm surprised no one has noticed what I've done yet... and why it's written in an odd fashion.

Eternal Warh :p
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

The Real Fascist Austria
Attaché

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Real Fascist Austria » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:15 am

Nephmir wrote:
(Image)
Liberate Christmas

A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region.

Category: Liberation | Nominee: Christmas | Proposed by: Nephmir

Description: The World Assembly Security Council,

Evaluating Christmas' status,

Treating Christmas as a region without any remaining natives, instead being opened to the entire international community as a region open to all,

Encouraging nations to freely come and go peacefully without concerns of foreign aggression,

Realizing that the region of Christmas already has a Liberation in place by this council through [resolution=SC#95]SC#95: "Liberate Christmas"[/resolution],

Noticing that despite the presence of a Liberation, this region has been ruthlessly invaded many times without end,

Approving sanctions for the region's protection and well-being as viewed by the international community, the same community this region has its borders open to,

Listing the organizations that have raided Christmas, despite the presence of a Liberation already in place, including but not limited to:

Wishing to provide additional protection from this council, and to turn Christmas into a less appealing target for foreign invasions,

Attempting to fulfill this council's purpose of "spreading international peace" by

Rendering the region of Christmas to be virtually indestructible,

Hereby Liberates Christmas.

:rofl: this is all [*Loud thunder in the distance]
Part of The Austinian empire!
Proud Ohioan!
[About]I am I Randist. Anti- communist, Anti- Fascist, Anti- drug
Anti-Political correctness, anti ISIS, Pro United Nations, Pro Israel, pro Nationalism.
pro moderate Imperialism.

North American Union NOW![/About me]

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:22 am

Nephmir, you got it ALL WRONG. Red Armor didn't touch Christmas at all! I know for sure because I am Inaga, Grandmaster of Red Armor.
Last edited by Redsward on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:13 am

You need to add the UDL to the list too. they once occupied it for about a fortnight. :kiss:

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:31 am

Did the UIAF invade it even after the liberation?
A puppet of a puppet of a puppet of a nation.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:58 am

Amusing.

It just so happens that the author lists the region that they're the 'King' of and share the founder account to, 'The Eternal Knights', 2nd in the list of regions that raided Christmas... when they took Christmas to attempt a 'liberation' and handed the region over to a defender organization after only a week. That's not a raid, for fuck's sake.

Not to mention, I'd have real trouble believing that an objective author would list TeK above the likes of UIAF and The Black Hawks, with Lone Wolves United going completely unlisted as well.

Then again, this is the same author that called Lazarus an Imperialist GCR, so having a detachment from reality when it comes to NS Gameplay isn't anything new to see in these proposals.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Dark Rider Lord
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Rider Lord » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:47 am

Ridersyl wrote:Amusing.

It just so happens that the author lists the region that they're the 'King' of and share the founder account to, 'The Eternal Knights', 2nd in the list of regions that raided Christmas... when they took Christmas to attempt a 'liberation' and handed the region over to a defender organization after only a week. That's not a raid, for fuck's sake.

Not to mention, I'd have real trouble believing that an objective author would list TeK above the likes of UIAF and The Black Hawks, with Lone Wolves United going completely unlisted as well.

Then again, this is the same author that called Lazarus an Imperialist GCR, so having a detachment from reality when it comes to NS Gameplay isn't anything new to see in these proposals.

I checked, TEK visit of christmas lasted a day, instead of a week.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:23 pm

Well we all know TBR has to be on top of the list to pass it, right? :P

And Neph, some of us saw your little "Eternal War" trick there, but just didn't care much ;)
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:21 pm

Alright. Here is where I get stuck:

Noticing that despite the presence of a Liberation, this region has been ruthlessly invaded many times without end,

Wishing to provide additional protection from this council, and to turn Christmas into a less appealing target for foreign invasions,

The arguments you have presented do not justify the passing of another liberation. You have stated within the proposal that the liberation has done nothing to further protect the nominee region; however, you wish to pass another believing it will have a lesser appeal to raiders - fully aware that the liberation has done nothing to stop them at all. I completely agree with comrade Milograd, this proposal is extreme mongering with its current presented arguments. I know it can get rather boring in the Security Council at times, but the solution to this problem should not be found by lowing the standards in which this assembly typical attempts to adhere to.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Jolly Ole Saint Nick
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Jolly Ole Saint Nick » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho!

Whether the residents of Christmas are "natives" or not is not terribly relevant. From our private discussions and private familiarities, I would say that Christmas does indeed have it's own community, culture, and "natives" whether anyone wants to recognize it or not.

I enjoy our Liberation, as it serves to make Christmas a player endorsed Warzone where 'raiders', 'defenders', 'imperialists', and any others can come and play. And prevents any one 'side' from using the region as a long term trophy. I do wish The Black Riders would leave our colourful "Merry Christmas" in place on the WFE when they tag the region though. No reason they can't just add their text and leave that in place.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Ridersyl wrote:Amusing.

If it's that much of a problem, I'll remove it. I love reverse psychology!

Also, I wasn't certain whether or not LWU had raided them, I don't really keep tabs on them much anymore, but I'll replace them with "The Eternal Knights" instead. Better?
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Robot Santa-
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Robot Santa- » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:05 am

Ho, ho, ho! Robot Santa still occupies Christmas to this day! We should be included in the resolution too!

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:29 am

Submitted.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:05 pm

So, uh, what's the point in this from a pragmatic standpoint? Christmas already has a liberation in place. A second one won't change anything.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:16 pm

Ridersyl wrote:So, uh, what's the point in this from a pragmatic standpoint? Christmas already has a liberation in place. A second one won't change anything.

Well, the region will be harder to secure. Two repeals will need to reach quorum and pass in at least six days. Much more difficulty than doing it for one liberation. The Christmas natives want their region to become a warzone in the first place.
Security Council Debater

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:30 pm

That doesn't sound like what the Liberation is trying to achieve here, though. :p
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:42 pm

Ridersyl wrote:That doesn't sound like what the Liberation is trying to achieve here, though. :p

RE: It spells "Eternal War"

We've got two gimmicks by him, basically. A crossword, and a poem.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Ridersyl wrote:That doesn't sound like what the Liberation is trying to achieve here, though. :p

He's probably going to launch a raid on it. Nephmir is officially the new Lenin. :p
Security Council Debater

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:07 pm

I don't know, but didn't we get a ruling saying that you can only pass two liberations if they are for different purposes? Isn't this one pretty much synonymous to the current liberation?
A puppet of a puppet of a puppet of a nation.

The Isles of Random
Envoy

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:19 pm

Can I get a cookie for being delegate of Christmas three random times over the past year?

In all seriousness though, the proposal isn't very nice to the folks who live in the region. I should totally become delegate again and vote against this if it ever reaches to quorum because it is borderline insulting.
- From the desk of the Minister of Foreign Relations and Regional Propaganda of the Central Atlantic Islands of the Pacific

Join the party at Warzone Vacation Resort!
I finally gave in and now I have a quotes spoiler. Yay!
We Are Not the NSA wrote:If the real world was like NS, then Belgium could have just password protected itself, or simply moved somewhere else, away from Germany.

Bankai Kurosaki
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 16, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bankai Kurosaki » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:20 am

I think this resolution might be the best intelligence brief I've ever received from any source, concerning enemy morale and intentions: they literally don't know what to do, so they're going to embrace at least one definition of insanity and waste everyone's time twice, on the hypothesis that zero multiplied by two produces a larger result!

Speaking as ardent member of the international NationStates terrorist community ("Building a better tomorrow, one bloodbath at a time!"), I wholeheartedly support this resolution, on the grounds that it's so tremendously difficult to find decent entertainment these days.
Last edited by Bankai Kurosaki on Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Well this is a game. So I though I'd do something fun. So I wanted to see a region with two Liberations on it.

...that's pretty much it. :meh:
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads