NATION

PASSWORD

REPEAL of the Condemnation of Greater Tezdrian

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Aurennian Aristocratic Empire
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

REPEAL of the Condemnation of Greater Tezdrian

Postby Aurennian Aristocratic Empire » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:33 pm

COMMITTING itself to diplomatic efforts to end the violation of rights of non-WA members,

RECONGNIZING that Greater Tezdrian is the founder and the continued leader of the International Association of Slave Exporting Nations (IASEN),

NOTING that member nations of the IASEN are not obligated to comply to General Assembly legislation as the first clause of the IASEN Code of Rules demands that “all [IASEN members] must resign from the World Assembly”,

DISMAYED by the attempt of the WA to control nations outside it's jurisdiction,

AWARE that the IASEN operates through various storefronts and trade auctions across the world with an excess of over sixty-six million slaves in its possession,

Still, RECOGNIZING their right to do what they want, if they do not apply to the WA and do not raid peaceful regions,

HORRIFIED by the fact that the raids on that peaceful region were "appreciated" by the WA

UNDERSTANDING the actions of those raiders put the free trade in that region in danger.

ACCEPTING the fact, that the WA should not mess into the business of non-WA members

DEEPLY CONCERNED that the power abuse and influence abuse of certain WA members and their followers is imminent without early and responsive action towards this growing problem,

HEREBY REPEALS the Condemnation of Greater Tezdrian.

If you have any counterarguments or see the violation of game rules in that repeal, please, inform me about it.
Last edited by Aurennian Aristocratic Empire on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:45 am

As always I will very strongly support virtually any repeal of this resolution.

In "dismayed...", "it's" should be "its".

In "horrified", you should probably change "WA" to "SC".

For the record, if you make the latter change you are free to use any part of my old draft if you think it will help:
The Security Council,

Taking note of the passage of “Condemn Greater Tezdrian”,

Observing that the central premise of that Condemnation was that Greater Tezdrian should be condemned as Founder of the 'IASEN' slaver alliance,

Fully aware that IASEN disbanded over 2 years ago and is defunct as a force in international politics,

Further realizing that the nation of Greater Tezdrian itself has ceased to exist as a recognised national entity,

Arguing that there is no benefit in continuing to condemn the activities of a long irrelevant alliance,

Believing that the Security Council should be occupied with more serious matters than this, such as using orange text in World Factbook Entries,

Does hereby:

Repeal “Condemn Greater Tezdrian”.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: REPEAL of the Condemnation of Greater Tezdrian

Postby Yohannes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:59 am

If I may, would the representative of the Aurennian Aristocratic Empire like to hear the opinion of someone who have pretty much participated and lived through the International Incidents forums during the period of IASEN (and Greater Tedzrian) activity?

This will be quite the long history of the power politics involved behind the scene, and the resulting In-character roleplay threads that developed from that atmosphere. It is also quite an interesting piece of II history for 2010/2011/2012 regarding the whole slavery and anti slavery group of nations

Greater Tedzrian was a good writer, and roleplayer later on his RPing career.

But, in essence, Greater Tedzrian was never ranked alongside the likes of notorious major powers such as Automagfreek or Ralkovia (ex-nation who was condemned rightfully)

For doing so would be akin to saying that South Africa is in the same diplomatic/military influence rank as France or the United Kingdom, and that would surely be a great injustice for the latter two countries

That is the shortened way of saying it, but of course, as anything II, it is more complex than that

Edit: to make it even more simple, I will use the following Victoria II game analogy: there are Great Powers, Secondary Powers, Regional Powers, Civilised Nations and Uncivilised Nations, all based on RPing ability or record as well as other things such as writing, IC presence, OOC personalities/influence, etc.

Greater Tezdrian was always categorised under the 'Regional Powers' category, while other (already) condemned nations such as Automagfreek would fall under the 'Great Powers' category, and Ralkovia somewhere in between 'Great Powers' and 'Secondary Powers.'
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Yao
Spokesperson

Founded: May 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yao » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:10 pm

My repeal draft still lurks somewhere in this forum, and it is better than this. Unibot wrote it though, and won't so easily let anyone touch it. ;)

Return to Security Council