NATION

PASSWORD

[WITHDRAWN] Liberate Islam

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Titan Royal
Civilian

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Titan Royal » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:51 pm

New Brussels wrote:Yeah, I was thinking about that...

Why would you include one of Sicarius' top-ranked officials as a co-author for a liberation targeted at Sicarius' raid?

Well arent you smart! :D
Proud raider & officer of K9 Assault Force

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Why would you include one of Sicarius' top-ranked officials as a co-author for a liberation targeted at Sicarius' raid?

He did correct the date at which the invasion took place as well as supplying as list of the regions who helped Sicarius invade the region, therefore contributing additional content into the proposal.

United Western States of America
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United Western States of America » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:01 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:

He did correct the date at which the invasion took place as well as supplying as list of the regions who helped Sicarius invade the region, therefore contributing additional content into the proposal.

Yes, he did contribute helpful information, did he not? Credit goes where credit is due, regardless of how...uncomfortable...the arrangement is.

EDIT: I am darn well aware that Ever-Wandering Souls was a raider, and I was long before the resolution was submitted. Lets not be going around insulting people's IQ.
Last edited by United Western States of America on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Coming soon
ن In Solidarity with Middle Eastern Christians ن
Proud member and founder of The Other Reality
Interested in a RP-based region? Check us out here!
NS stats are guidlines and should not be taken as fact!

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:35 pm

lol because he wanted further publicity by having all the regions mentioned in the resolution. The resolution could have been passed without it, and giving the raiders a co-authorship for it is absurd. :palm:

Regardless, I approved the resolution cause it's needed.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

My Water Bottles Are Full Of H20
Civilian

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby My Water Bottles Are Full Of H20 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:37 pm

I have approved as well. :)

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:37 pm

United Western States of America wrote:

Yes, he did contribute helpful information, did he not? Credit goes where credit is due, regardless of how...uncomfortable...the arrangement is.

EDIT: I am darn well aware that Ever-Wandering Souls was a raider, and I was long before the resolution was submitted. Lets not be going around insulting people's IQ.

Although it's nice to give people who helped you credit, it's a tad unorthodox for one to give co-authorship to the raider with the delegate spot of the region you're liberating, major regions won't take it seriously and it will make it all the more difficult to campaign for and easier to campaign against.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:38 pm

The Stalker wrote:

lol because he wanted further publicity by having all the regions mentioned in the resolution. The resolution could have been passed without it, and giving the raiders a co-authorship for it is absurd. :palm:

It is needed, I hope no one mistakes otherwise :(

Our natives have lost their government and many have been banjected, others under the threat of banjection if they disagree with the raiders too much and our previous organized government has been forced out against the will of the people. The natives are not happy and must be helped.

Asking Alexandria
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asking Alexandria » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:19 pm

The Stalker wrote:

It is needed, I hope no one mistakes otherwise :(

Our natives have lost their government and many have been banjected, others under the threat of banjection if they disagree with the raiders too much and our previous organized government has been forced out against the will of the people. The natives are not happy and must be helped.

That's generally what happens during a raid/occupation...
Asking Alexandria was made to rule, and that it shall!
Proud Alpha and Raider of K9 Assault Force

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:35 pm

A poorly written draft, one which has the current, publicly listed point of the raid in question listed as a Co-author?

Against.

I may be able to support a Liberation of Islam if the circumstances were not unusual.
Last edited by Ramaeus on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just some weeb.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:42 pm

Ramaeus wrote:A poorly written draft, one which has the current, publicly listed point of the raid in question listed as a Co-author?

Against.

I may be able to support a Liberation of Islam if the circumstances were not unusual.

He is simply listed as a co-author for the reasons explained above, look at the actual Liberation itself which don't affect him but a region that is being occupied by invaders and having its natives forced out.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:49 pm

I'm reasonably certain that listing co-authors that did not make significant contributions to the proposal is not legal. I seem to recall this being an issue before, though my memory of SC rulings does tend to be a couple years out of date.

EDIT: viewtopic.php?p=3755848#co-authors
And, this seems most relevant: viewtopic.php?p=10172451#p10172451

I have filed a GHR to have the proposal removed from the floor.
Last edited by Topid on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AKA Weed

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:54 pm

I do wonder if it will gain enough approvals in time... in the end the ultimate objective is to liberate the region to make it easier for the natives to reclaim it.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:56 pm

Topid wrote:I'm reasonably certain that listing co-authors that did not make significant contributions to the proposal is not legal. I seem to recall this being an issue before, though my memory of SC rulings does tend to be a couple years out of date.

Hey... Tim was a co-author of a two-liner so....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:17 pm

Ramaeus will be helping us draft a better version and submit it if the need arises :)

Hmm... 12 approvals so far... not bad.... there still may be a chance to liberate the region in one go, though if this proposal fails then we'd have a stronger one in its place...
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:39 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Topid wrote:I'm reasonably certain that listing co-authors that did not make significant contributions to the proposal is not legal. I seem to recall this being an issue before, though my memory of SC rulings does tend to be a couple years out of date.

Hey... Tim was a co-author of a two-liner so....

Ah, but that's in terms of percentage. :lol:
A puppet of a puppet of a puppet of a nation.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:58 pm

By my count of characters excluding spaces of the pure proposal text, I am personally responsible for about 1/3 of the text of the proposal.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:09 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:

By my count of characters excluding spaces of the pure proposal text, I am personally responsible for about 1/3 of the text of the proposal.

I suppose that's one way of looking at it. To me it looks like 2 lines, one of which is a massive list (but kudos on getting him to put that in there, I did chuckle that he fell for it. :P )

Anyway, it seems like doing so little work should not get you co-author status, and in a more legitimate proposal that would certainly be the case. But now that I think about it the rule only says you have to do "almost as much work on the proposal as the author," and given that is a really low level of work here it may be just fine. So could it be that the saving grace of this proposal could be that almost no effort was put into it? That would be pretty ironic. :D
AKA Weed

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:12 am

The situation isn't looking good,...

http://www.nationstates.net/region=islam

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:20 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Breaking any rules with your wording? Are terms like raider region and re-found allowed?

Yes, they are allowed.

Co-authors are supposed to be those that contribute significantly towards the proposal; an amount roughly on-par with the author's. That's a guideline, not a rule, but something to bear in mind.

In particular, any listed co-author can request that the moderators remove the proposal at any point before it comes to vote.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:30 am

Hey, I didn't ask him, he asked me if I wanted to be one :P

Sedgistan wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Breaking any rules with your wording? Are terms like raider region and re-found allowed?

Yes, they are allowed.

Co-authors are supposed to be those that contribute significantly towards the proposal; an amount roughly on-par with the author's. That's a guideline, not a rule, but something to bear in mind.

In particular, any listed co-author can request that the moderators remove the proposal at any point before it comes to vote.

Thanks, Sedge :)

Hm. That last bit is veeeeery interesting. 'Course, if this is looking at making it to vote, might be better to let this one get there so everyone is fed up with it by the time someone tries again :P

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:42 am

Congratulations on attaining quorum. The vote will be interesting to observe.
Just some weeb.

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:13 am

Ramaeus wrote:Congratulations on attaining quorum. The vote will be interesting to observe.

Agreed. Hopefully this can help the raiders with their publicity, too. My region needs a little spice :p
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:26 pm

Ramaeus wrote:Congratulations on attaining quorum. The vote will be interesting to observe.

There is logic behind me not requesting it be pulled :P

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Isles of Random
Envoy

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:32 pm

Although the region in question seems to be "safe" at the current moment, I'm concerned with a statement by Westerly Winds posted via embassy to K9 Assault Force.

The Gentle Breeze of Westerly Winds
52 minutes ago
We're just playing possum right now ;)

I shall be voting for the resolution.
- From the desk of the Minister of Foreign Relations and Regional Propaganda of the Central Atlantic Islands of the Pacific

Join the party at Warzone Vacation Resort!
I finally gave in and now I have a quotes spoiler. Yay!
We Are Not the NSA wrote:If the real world was like NS, then Belgium could have just password protected itself, or simply moved somewhere else, away from Germany.

The Isles of Random
Envoy

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:33 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:

There is logic behind me not requesting it be pulled :P

You folks are devious, or at least appear to be... I don't feel like running a campaign though (not that I have the resources to do so anyways)...
- From the desk of the Minister of Foreign Relations and Regional Propaganda of the Central Atlantic Islands of the Pacific

Join the party at Warzone Vacation Resort!
I finally gave in and now I have a quotes spoiler. Yay!
We Are Not the NSA wrote:If the real world was like NS, then Belgium could have just password protected itself, or simply moved somewhere else, away from Germany.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council