NATION

PASSWORD

[WITHDRAWN] Liberate Islam

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Westerly Winds
Secretary

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Westerly Winds » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:32 pm

http://takegame.com/action/htm/awesomepossum.htm

Sorry if I have a soft spot for Sega Genesis ports... :(

The Isles of Random
Envoy

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:52 am

Westerly Winds wrote:http://takegame.com/action/htm/awesomepossum.htm

Sorry if I have a soft spot for Sega Genesis ports... :(

Clever ruse but I shall remain adamant! Behold a definition of "playing possum" as found on the internet!

To pretend to be dead, a trick used by opossums to defend themselves from predators: “Everyone thought the old con man had died, but it turned out he was just playing possum.” By extension, it also means “to pretend to be asleep, or to lie low”
- From the desk of the Minister of Foreign Relations and Regional Propaganda of the Central Atlantic Islands of the Pacific

Join the party at Warzone Vacation Resort!
I finally gave in and now I have a quotes spoiler. Yay!
We Are Not the NSA wrote:If the real world was like NS, then Belgium could have just password protected itself, or simply moved somewhere else, away from Germany.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:55 am

They're only pretending, once the resolution fails because they give the false impression of the region already being liberated, they'll return to their former ways.

The Isles of Random
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:59 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:They're only pretending, once the resolution fails because they give the false impression of the region already being liberated, they'll return to their former ways.

Precisely. Have we thought of a way to communicate this to the voters?
- From the desk of the Minister of Foreign Relations and Regional Propaganda of the Central Atlantic Islands of the Pacific

We Are Not the NSA wrote:If the real world was like NS, then Belgium could have just password protected itself, or simply moved somewhere else, away from Germany.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:28 am

There's no way I could communicate to a WA wide scale, getting approvals for the proposal was hard enough.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:33 am

:blink: Can someone explain to me the circumstances regarding Islam now? I'm not sure if I actually get what's going on with the region, and therefore the removal of the proposal from the queue.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

The Isles of Random
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:34 am

Elke and Elba wrote::blink: Can someone explain to me the circumstances regarding Islam now? I'm not sure if I actually get what's going on with the region, and therefore the removal of the proposal from the queue.

Possum playing raiders make the region look safe and the proposal no longer has anything to work with.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:36 am

Elke and Elba wrote::blink: Can someone explain to me the circumstances regarding Islam now? I'm not sure if I actually get what's going on with the region, and therefore the removal of the proposal from the queue.

Its been raided, the raiders give off a false impression of granting freedom to fool the general WA populace, and they'll be staying in power for a long time to come. Defenders are of no match, its possibly the strongest invader hold out yet.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:41 am

The Isles of Random wrote:

Possum playing raiders make the region look safe and the proposal no longer has anything to work with.

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:

Its been raided, the raiders give off a false impression of granting freedom to fool the general WA populace, and they'll be staying in power for a long time to come. Defenders are of no match, its possibly the strongest invader hold out yet.

Oh... So my suspicions aren't wrong.

Sicarius didn't even make it a point to remove the orders from their page.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Orders can be outdated. Val can't always be reached. And honestly, if anyone beside the seven I TG'd personally about it followed any order posted in our WFE I'd be pretty shocked.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:

No it's not "strongest Invader Hold out yet".

For example there are simultaneous TBR occupation going on in The Mountains to the East with more numerical forces.
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Well played. You have definitely earned my respect, Soul. :clap:
A puppet of a puppet of a puppet of a nation.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council