NATION

PASSWORD

[Abandoned] Liberate the Northern Imperialist Alliance

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Aigeantir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

[Abandoned] Liberate the Northern Imperialist Alliance

Postby Aigeantir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:09 pm

This is still a working draft, and I'd love some feedback to make it stronger. Yes, I do know in advance that asking for a liberation of a tiny region is probably going to be turned down, but the cause is just, and the plan is to grow the region.

Just to give a little background, The Northern Imperialist Alliance was founded in 2012, and I was one of the co-founders of this region. I admit that I went inactive for much of 2013 (Final year of my undergrad), but wanted to restart up again and establish a prosperous region from the ground-up. Unfortunately my inactivity along with my co-founder led to various raiders taking the region, and the region being re-founded with a puppet, the 37th Communist Brigade, holding the region with a password lock. I've contacted him directly, but received no reply, and it seems that he only comes on long enough to reset the inactivity timer, as I've been trying to take back the region through a re-founding now, since June of this year.

I know that some of you would think this a silly proposition to put this much effort over an insignificant region when I could just as easily start a new one, but the fact that it is being held by a puppet with a password feels wrong, and thus I'm looking for support for a liberation of the Northern Imperialist Alliance so that it's current active natives, Aigeantir and Romantia can regain access and reopen the region for others to join.

The following is my rough draft. Please provide constructive criticism, the last thing I need is blatant negativity about how "no one will vote for this," as I've already seen a few successful liberation proposals for smaller regions. :)

- Realizing that the Northern Imperialist Alliance, a region dedicated to involvement in the community by its original founders is being held by a
puppet of the region of North Korea, prohibiting any means to enter the region due to a password restriction.

- Agreeing that password protection by an occupying force creates an unfair advantage against liberation, for a region that has not seen activity
in over 120 days.

- Seeing that the 37th Communist Brigade, who currently holds this region, has not returned any direct message for or against admittance into
this region, does not actively participate in the world stage, and is only active to prevent this region from being re-founded.

- Understanding that the displaced nations of the Kingdom of Aigéantir, and the Kingdom of Romantia will make strides to keep this region open
to others following a successful liberation.

- Believing that the sovereignty of the Northern Imperialist Alliance should rightfully be upheld, and not be used as a trophy for another region,
but ties should be established through more diplomatic means if the North Korea agrees to release this region to the original natives.

Hereby liberates the Northern Imperialist Alliance from the 37th Communist Brigade.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Aigeantir on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Leader: High King Conchobar II, IFC Representative: Hon. Carroll Caomh

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:49 pm

I would suggest you read up on how the liberation function works. The region has a founder who imposed the password. A liberation will do nothing....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:33 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:I would suggest you read up on how the liberation function works. The region has a founder who imposed the password. A liberation will do nothing....

Not completely true, a WA liberation motion can temporarily remove a password function from a region for the length that the liberation motion stands unless this is something that was removed recently.

Otherwise, what would be the point of a liberation motion as it would have no teeth.
Last edited by Aigeantir on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:52 pm

Aigeantir wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:I would suggest you read up on how the liberation function works. The region has a founder who imposed the password. A liberation will do nothing....

Not completely true, a WA liberation motion can temporarily remove a password function from a region for the length that the liberation motion stands unless this is something that was removed recently.

Otherwise, what would be the point of a liberation motion as it would have no teeth.

A liberation only removes a DELEGATE imposed password, not a FOUNDER imposed password. Once again please read up on how the liberation function works....

Also seeing as how this is a region with an active founder, who has barred the delegate from having executive powers, what would be accomplished?
Last edited by Chester Pearson on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:58 pm

And before you argue that it will work, please read this.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:18 pm

Actually I saw the problem in your last message, since it would help if the region was founderless, but it isn't. Oh well, just means I'll have to wait for him to screw up and forget to log in, though it'll be a while since it looks like he's on vacation mode :( Thanks for the clarification! :)

I'll Just stay positive in the meantime :)

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:08 am

I understand. It is a shitty deal, but what can you do? In the mean time you can try to find another region....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:43 pm

Well for now we're organized in another region, and there's a lot I can do in the meantime, such as be more involved with the forums and WA :)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council