NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn General Halcones

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yerklovakia
Secretary

Founded: Aug 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yerklovakia » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:20 am

It'd be really funny if condemnations involved fire.
Lots of fire.
Either way, I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.
Most of my region does, too, including our delegate.

Demongate
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Demongate » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:30 am

Yes, that's me.
I got a telegram telling me to come here.
Is a condemnation anything like a dunce cap?

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:33 am

Congrats for the new badge, Halcones. :clap:

Demongate wrote:Yes, that's me.
I got a telegram telling me to come here.
Is a condemnation anything like a dunce cap?

Yes, but raiders sort of use it as a badge of honor.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:33 am

Yerklovakia wrote:It'd be really funny if condemnations involved fire.
Lots of fire.
Either way, I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.
Most of my region does, too, including our delegate.

No.... Instead they all contain the phrase "The Black Riders"....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Greater Skandia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Skandia » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:36 am

LOL. This is hilarious. Condemnation by the WA is a high honor for a raider.

Wareto
Attaché

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wareto » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:40 am

Greater Skandia wrote:LOL. This is hilarious. Condemnation by the WA is a high honor for a raider.

I agree, you're going to condemn him and then what? He's still gonna keep raiding. Now everyone who looks up to TBR will love him more. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
☻ / This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:20 am

Wareto wrote:
Greater Skandia wrote:LOL. This is hilarious. Condemnation by the WA is a high honor for a raider.

I agree, you're going to condemn him and then what? He's still gonna keep raiding. Now everyone who looks up to TBR will love him more. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm well aware of that, thank you.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Great Kleomentia
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kleomentia » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:31 am

Nephmir wrote:
Wareto wrote:

I'm well aware of that, thank you.

So what would be the point of this, exactly? What do you plan to accomplish?
hue

Aurum Rider
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby Aurum Rider » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Nephmir wrote:Further Acknowledging that General Halcones is responsible for leading raids on more than half of these regions, executing innocent World Assembly Delegates and forcibly removing natives from their homes,

This more or less sums the proposal up in one line, I believe.

Asserting that this proposal has not mentioned purposefully, or accidentally, the vast and overwhelming majority of General Halcones' military accomplishments, opting only to mention well known facts, and acknowledges only his most recent actions

Appalled that this proposal as does not have any mention of the history of General Halcones, giving an incomplete profile of the condemned

Hereby Condemns this proposal of being incomplete, and is far too short to be a semblance of accurate.
Last edited by Aurum Rider on Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:28 pm

Great Kleomentia wrote:
Nephmir wrote:I'm well aware of that, thank you.

So what would be the point of this, exactly? What do you plan to accomplish?

He wants an author badge? That would be my guess....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Nordenwald
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordenwald » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:44 pm

As stated earlier, I will be voted against this proposal when it hits the floor. Why, you ask? Simply because it is a poorly written proposal, and does not actually portray Halcones to be the influential raider he is; in fact, this proposal basically says:

The Security Council,

Asserting
that General Halcones contributed to the creation of Tag Raiding,

Affiriming that General Halcones is also the current acting founder of the infamous raiding organization: The Black Riders,

Believing the malicious and brutal raider corps that calls themselves The Black Raiders, and that their heinous and evil policies of Tag Raiding small 1-2 nation regions, is a scourge among the otherwise perfect communities of NationStates,

Hereby Condemns: General Halcones

Not only this, but (as I made evident in my rewrite) it also uses the "TBR IS EBUL" strategy, which is one of the many heinous and evil policies defenders use to manipulate the sheeple of the Security Council.
Strong Supporter of Austrian Economics
Proud Agorist Cheerleader
Smithdown and Wavertree wrote:Ron Paul was ordained by God to lead humanity into a golden age of prosperity and space travel and you spat it back in the face of the divine

you could have listened, you had a chance

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Funny how everyone still says "1-2 nations regions" when that number has since changed months ago to regions with active founders, communities, and executive delegates. But I suppose staying in a founder region with 22 endorsements on the delegate doesn't really affect you... yet.

TBR will be severely weakened when the upcoming major changes to Gameplay are implemented, anyway, putting us on equal footing, so until then I couldn't care less.

All the better to use to condemn him twice, then, if you think he truly deserves it.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Nordenwald
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordenwald » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:07 pm

Nephmir wrote:Funny how everyone still says "1-2 nations regions" when that number has since changed months ago to regions with active founders, communities, and executive delegates. But I suppose staying in a founder region with 22 endorsements on the delegate doesn't really affect you... yet.

TBR will be severely weakened when the upcoming major changes to Gameplay are implemented, anyway, putting us on equal footing, so until then I couldn't care less.

All the better to use to condemn him twice, then, if you think he truly deserves it.

EDIT: Small regions.
Strong Supporter of Austrian Economics
Proud Agorist Cheerleader
Smithdown and Wavertree wrote:Ron Paul was ordained by God to lead humanity into a golden age of prosperity and space travel and you spat it back in the face of the divine

you could have listened, you had a chance

Aurum Rider
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby Aurum Rider » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Nephmir wrote:All the better to use to condemn him twice, then, if you think he truly deserves it.

Nobody wants to condemn him twice. Everyone just wants you to fix the condemnation.
It pays little to no attention to detail, and blatantly overlooks any reasons why Halcones would warrant a condemnation in favor of
Nephmir wrote:General Halcones as the Founder and Overlord of The Black Riders, a Raider region already condemned by this council on previous occasions, General Halcones is considered the "father" of modern-day raiding, having invented the tactic of "tag raiding", General Halcones is responsible for leading raids on more than half of these regions, General Halcones has constructed The Black Riders in its image, General Halcones encourages the nations of The Black Riders. General Halcones encourages The Black Riders to seize innocent regions

It's a load of "General Halcones, The Black Riders, General Halcones, The Black Riders." disregarding the fact that he was in other raider groups. It also ignores any individual achievements that he has, in favor of pandering to the people that start up the "Fight the black riders" threads on the gameplay forum.

TL;DR Fix the condemnation, we've seen enough of your propaganda already.
Last edited by Aurum Rider on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Volanowsh
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Volanowsh » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:05 am

Chester Pearson wrote:
Solorni wrote:He's been one of the top raiders for quite some time. Whether you like him or not, he's been one of the most successful raiders of all time.

Successful? I wouldn't exactly call raiding a bunch of one and two nation regions and tagging their WFE's successful....

Now the Hawks on the other hand are successful.

Wait... did someone forget to tell this guy, or is he playing ignorant?

Hmmm, I wonder who first founded TBH...

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:05 am

Lol! :lol:

If we remove all non-essential blah blah from the draft/Proposal, we would get this:

Condemn General Halcones

A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: General Halcones | Proposed by: Nephmir

Description: The Security Council,

Horrified that General Halcones founded The Black Hawks and The Black Riders.

Hereby Condemns General Halcones
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:30 am

Question:

Hereby Condemns General Halcones of The Black Riders

I'm curious about the "of the black riders" part,is it legal? I recall there being some issue with C/C when going beyond to clause to say "condemns X of Y" or "condemn X and Y"
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:03 am

Aurum Rider wrote:It's a load of "General Halcones, The Black Riders, General Halcones, The Black Riders." disregarding the fact that he was in other raider groups. It also ignores any individual achievements that he has, in favor of pandering to the people that start up the "Fight the black riders" threads on the gameplay forum.

My apologies if your overlord is not satisfied, but that does not affect me in the slightest. Halcones wants a Condemnation; I never said I'd give him a detailed one to recognize all of his deeds or actions. This is a compromise, of sorts. The facts are all correct, you're just not satisfied with the content and wording.

And I am not drafting this for Halcones' benefit, so I couldn't care less.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Jaqitu
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jaqitu » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:07 am

Nephmir wrote:
Aurum Rider wrote:It's a load of "General Halcones, The Black Riders, General Halcones, The Black Riders." disregarding the fact that he was in other raider groups. It also ignores any individual achievements that he has, in favor of pandering to the people that start up the "Fight the black riders" threads on the gameplay forum.

My apologies if your overlord is not satisfied, but that does not affect me in the slightest. Halcones wants a Condemnation; I never said I'd give him a detailed one to recognize all of his deeds or actions. This is a compromise, of sorts. The facts are all correct, you're just not satisfied with the content and wording.

are they?
''having invented the tactic of "tag raiding''

Source?
Further Acknowledging that General Halcones is responsible for leading raids on more than half of these regions,

Source?

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:18 am

Jaqitu wrote:
Nephmir wrote:My apologies if your overlord is not satisfied, but that does not affect me in the slightest. Halcones wants a Condemnation; I never said I'd give him a detailed one to recognize all of his deeds or actions. This is a compromise, of sorts. The facts are all correct, you're just not satisfied with the content and wording.

are they?
''having invented the tactic of "tag raiding''

Source?
Further Acknowledging that General Halcones is responsible for leading raids on more than half of these regions,

Source?

The first point is common knowledge... or so it seemed.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go through and link to every TBR battle report lead by Halcones because some new puppet asked me for a "source". :blush:

You can count it up yourself if you're that interested.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Jaqitu
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Jaqitu » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:21 am

Nephmir wrote:
Jaqitu wrote:are they?

Source?

Source?

The first point is common knowledge... or so it seemed.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go through and link to every TBR battle report lead by Halcones because some new puppet asked me for a "source". :blush:

You claimed your facts were all corrects, but you have no sources, so you just made up those facts.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:37 am

Jaqitu wrote:
Nephmir wrote:The first point is common knowledge... or so it seemed.

You claimed your facts were all corrects, but you have no sources, so you just made up those facts.

I see.

*Indicates sources*
*Doesn't link to the easily accessible sources*
*Therefore the facts are incorrect and made up*
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:41 am

Nephmir wrote:And I am not drafting this for Halcones' benefit, so I couldn't care less.

So you do care.
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Jaqitu
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Jaqitu » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:41 am

Nephmir wrote:
Jaqitu wrote:You claimed your facts were all corrects, but you have no sources, so you just made up those facts.

I see.

*Indicates sources*
*Doesn't link to the easily accessible sources*
*Therefore the facts are incorrect and made up*

Very well then, since you reviewed the source, can you give us the # of raids lead by Halcones, and the total amount of raids lead by TBR? Or perhaps you didnt review the so called sources and just threw numbers randomely?

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:23 am

@Jaqitu: Please, Don't insist about sources and proofs. You can count Halc's participations by yourself. Please inform to me what you get.

Sources:

1st Official The Black Riders Gameplay Forum Thread
2nd Official The Black Riders Gameplay Forum Thread
3rd Official The Black Riders Gameplay Forum Thread
4th Official The Black Riders Gameplay Forum Thread
Codex Incursus

Only between 6th October 2013 - 19th March 2014, General Halcones was active during 51 Updates Commanding each of those 51 updates, triggering total 1515 raids and indirectly being responsible to even more raids. This can be confirmed by reading 3rd Official Thread.

I've participated about half of All TBR raids ever and I happily confirm every single update I've participated myself, Including those I've been Active under Command of General Halcones.
Last edited by Cora II on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives