NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Condemn the Leningrad Union

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:08 am

Draft 4...

The Security Council,

Affirming that The Leningrad Union led the invasion of Coalition of Freedom, and seized control of the region with a puppet nation called Matthew Hargreaves;

Consternated that the Leningrad Union, under his puppet nation, tried to convince nations to vote against the proposal to liberate Coalition of Freedom with this dispatch, possibly to fulfill the raider alliance's needs;

Noting that the nominee got its wish when Lexicor authored a resolution to repeal COF's liberation;

Appalled that the Leningrad Union also "password grieved" Coalition of Freedom for security;

Defining "password grieving" as password protecting a raided region for security and not displaying the password to residents, this techinique was invented by The Alliance of Dictators;

Cognizant that password grieving is one of the most infamous raider tactics used for keeping their territory;

Also cognizant that the nominee was endorsed by members of invader groups The Doom Squad, Ile De France, and Madrigal. Endorsements also came from the two most disgraced raider groups, the Black Riders and the Black Hawks, and the Leningrad Union's home region at the time of the invasion, Sicarius;

Disgusted that the Leningrad Union, under Matthew Hargreaves, wrote the defeated SC resolution "Liberate the Black Riders," which was completely pointless, disgraceful to the Security Council, and described by Chester Pearson as "nothing more than a publicity stunt for the Riders;"

Concluding that the above statements are legal, but are highly discouraged by the NationStates community;

Hereby condemns The Leningrad Union.
Last edited by Redsward on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

The Leningrad Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Leningrad Union » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:14 am

Redsward wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Noting the frequency of times in the past week or two Rifty has been expressly told he's on thin ice, it may be an attractive home to some sooner or later.... ;) We ebul raiders have many sides, changes in opinion, and plans for different eventualities...

Anyways, I'll vote against if it comes to it.
-Inaccurate
-Not really worthy of it yet (sorry Len :P)
-Hasn't done quite enough yet to get it as a badge of honor (sorry again len :P)

Bias, bias, and more bias. Lenin was in your region before he moved to Iraq.

Founded somewhere.
Moved to TEP.
Moved to Osiris.
Moved back to TEP.
Moved to Sicarius.
Moved to Antarctic Oasis.
Moved to Nations Against The Black Riders.
Moved to Iraq.
Moved to Sumer.
Moved back to Iraq
I founded Madrigal and Confederacy of Allied States. However, I have given up my power in both. I reside in Iraq currently. Come join me!

Parody of typical NSG sig:

NSG's resident Liberal Gay Atheist because there's totally no other liberals, gays or atheists here!
Impeach GP, Legalize RP, NSG 2016!
Mallorea and Riva should resign
*Insert some uneducated statement about how I support a stupid ideology that I heard about in my middle school social studies class*
*Insert some typical liberal and/or edgy statement about Gaza and/or Ukraine*

some popular TETer wrote:Leningrad iz kewl

some dude that agreed with me on a debate wrote:Just listen to Leningrad!

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:25 am

Opposed. Condemning trolls is morally wrong, and just encourages them....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Redsward wrote:Bias, bias, and more bias. Lenin was in your region before he moved to Iraq.

Pardon me, but what's Iraq and how's it relevant? It's not mentioned in the proposal. Also, it's not bias if you can check the facts.

32 days ago: Matthew Hargreaves seized the position of Coalition Of Freedom WA Delegate from The Commonwealth of Republic of South Carolina.

31 days ago: The Leningrad Union relocated from The East Pacific to Sicarius.

As I've been saying, he came to Sicarius after taking the delegate's seat in CoF. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact you can go verify yourself in the nations' histories. He came because my region decided to officially support what I had individually assisted initially, as an ambassador nation of sorts - so we could contact him easily. He never joined us.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:Opposed. Condemning trolls is morally wrong, and just encourages them....

Not saying For or Against draft itself, but I'm really interested that it would be somehow morally wrong Condemn trolls. As far I know trolling is prohibited by the Rules of the Game and because this Condemnation Draft is now here for discussion and as far as I know the subject of it is not warned by moderation for Trolling what he did or did not, your argument leaves lot of questions what is morally right and wrong in Condemning other good Gameplayer fellows.

I can't think a scenario where someone would categorically deny possibility to get Condemned by WA-Security Council. Do you Chester P.?

(Note that at least I personally get burst of extra motivation when answering to The UDL trolls, particularly in WA-SC threads.)
Last edited by Coraxion on Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:51 pm

Coraxion wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:Opposed. Condemning trolls is morally wrong, and just encourages them....

Not saying For or Against draft itself, but I'm really interested that it would be somehow morally wrong Condemn trolls. As far I know trolling is prohibited by the Rules of the Game and because this Condemnation Draft is now here for discussion and as far as I know the subject of it is not warned by moderation for Trolling what he did or did not, your argument leaves lot of questions what is morally right and wrong in Condemning other good Gameplayer fellows.

I can't think a scenario where someone would categorically deny possibility to get Condemned by WA-Security Council. Do you Chester P.?

(Note that at least I personally get burst of extra motivation when answering to The UDL trolls, particularly in WA-SC threads.)

Good Gameplayer fellow? Are you sure we are talking about the same person here? Also my argument has nothing to do with the UDL, and I don't believe they were ever mentioned in the draft. If you have a big hate on for UDL members, that is your right. Please express such opinions in the correct thread.....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Redsward wrote:Bias, bias, and more bias. Lenin was in your region before he moved to Iraq.

Pardon me, but what's Iraq and how's it relevant? It's not mentioned in the proposal. Also, it's not bias if you can check the facts.

32 days ago: Matthew Hargreaves seized the position of Coalition Of Freedom WA Delegate from The Commonwealth of Republic of South Carolina.

31 days ago: The Leningrad Union relocated from The East Pacific to Sicarius.

As I've been saying, he came to Sicarius after taking the delegate's seat in CoF. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact you can go verify yourself in the nations' histories. He came because my region decided to officially support what I had individually assisted initially, as an ambassador nation of sorts - so we could contact him easily. He never joined us.

Umm... what you just said, was that Hargreaves came into power in CoF after Lenin moved to Sicarius. Not the other way around like you said before. :eyebrow:
Security Council Debater

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Can I ask you remove all parts that are in relation to CoF and myself. If you do not do this I will be running a campaign against it.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Rifty wrote:Can I ask you remove all parts that are in relation to CoF and myself. If you do not do this I will be running a campaign against it.
Mods, please lock this thread.
Security Council Debater

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:11 pm

@Chester P. If it is considered "Morally wrong" condemn people for their actions generally considered condemnable, why the hell there should exist WA-CC institution at all? For Commending people who looks Commendworthy by The UDL?

Your forum signature includes direct link to the Sherwood, Chester. It is rather rational make an assumption you have something to do with such organisation and that people can look your statement as a opinion of the UDL.

Besides where is better place speak about morals or immorals of Condemning/Commending people then here? How anyone even in theory can Commend/Condemn people because of illegal and prohibited things by The Rules? Should there be added to the draft also that TLU is quilty to trolling and thus action against rules of the Game? I assume here these same rules are valid also in WA-SC and they are not defined by the merrymen of the UDL.
Last edited by Coraxion on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Redsward wrote:
Rifty wrote:Can I ask you remove all parts that are in relation to CoF and myself. If you do not do this I will be running a campaign against it.
Mods, please lock this thread.

File it in moderation.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:14 pm

I might as well scrap the whole thing and accept that the draft is a waste of the SC's time. Almost the whole thing talks about CoF.
Security Council Debater

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Redsward wrote:
I might as well scrap the whole thing and accept that the draft is a waste of the SC's time. Almost the whole thing talks about CoF.

My point exactly. It is not a condemnable offence - nor do I wish for it to be tied to the man. He may do a good job with CoF.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:20 pm

Locked, as the author has said they've abandoned the draft.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council