NATION

PASSWORD

[KILLED IN DRAFT]Commend Cormac A Stark

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nucoclan
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nucoclan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:07 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:Fighting last summer's coup of Osiris and then establishment of the Osiris Fraternal Order in December are basically the only "stand out" things I've accomplished in NationStates thus far. I don't believe people should be commended for WA authorship alone, which is basically what this draft is doing.

I appreciate the sentiment but this really isn't warranted at this time.

You're welcome. I will make note of that for the next draft. I will fix that. BTW it's only the first one.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:10 pm

The Nation of Ceneria wrote:I don't typically lurk on the SC forum, but does this count as a "house of cards" violation?

No such rule here!

Nucoclan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nucoclan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:Fighting last summer's coup of Osiris and then establishment of the Osiris Fraternal Order in December are basically the only "stand out" things I've accomplished in NationStates thus far. I don't believe people should be commended for WA authorship alone, which is basically what this draft is doing.

I edited the proposal, and thank you Cormac.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:36 pm

Believing that Cormac A Stark has made an Outstanding positive impact on the International community since it extended it's approach to the international level.

The nominate has not had an outstanding and positive impact on numerous people within the international community and I'm sure most of them will be completely willing to tell you exactly why.

Affirming that Cormac A Stark has been loyal to helping several regions.

I could replace the words Cormac A Stark with almost every other individual that is highly involved in regional gameplay; however, I do not see a commendation for them.

Cognizant that Cormac A Stark has Authored and Co-Authored these resolutions.

Appears out of context, as you have not listed the resolutions directly after this clause. You may also want to edit it with a ":" instead of a period.

Acknowledging that Cormac A Stark fought for the coup of Osiris and established the Osiris Fraternal Order.

...and several other people.

Applauding Cormac A Stark for authoring and Co-authoring these successful resolutions.

Not entirely sure whether these resolutions - disregarding the liberation - have had an impact on the international community that can be justifiable as "positive" or "outstanding" - if those words were used to convey the impact of the resolutions the nominate has had anything to do with.
Last edited by Feux on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Nucoclan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nucoclan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Feux wrote:
Believing that Cormac A Stark has made an Outstanding positive impact on the International community since it extended it's approach to the international level.

The nominate has not had an outstanding and positive impact on numerous people within the international community and I'm sure most of them will be completely willing to tell you exactly why.

Affirming that Cormac A Stark has been loyal to helping several regions.

I could replace the words Cormac A Stark with almost every other individual that is highly involved in regional gameplay; however, I do not see a commendation for them.

Cognizant that Cormac A Stark has Authored and Co-Authored these resolutions.

Appears out of context, as you have not listed the resolutions directly after this clause.

Acknowledging that Cormac A Stark fought for the coup of Osiris and established the Osiris Fraternal Order.

...and several other people.

Applauding Cormac A Stark for authoring and Co-authoring these successful resolutions.

Not entirely sure whether these resolutions - disregarding the liberation - have had an impact on the international community that can be justifiable as "positive" or "outstanding" - if those words were used to convey the impact of the resolutions the nominate has had anything to do with.

I will make note of that for the next draft

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Nucoclan wrote:

You're welcome. I will make note of that for the next draft. I will fix that. BTW it's only the first one.

What next draft? The nominee told you he does not want this, thus making the whole thing dead!

You also forgot to include Cormac's illustrious career in the UDL, which I am not going into detail about, as we don't need a flame war to erupt.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Khalid Bashaar
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Khalid Bashaar » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:44 pm

No. Nej. Nyet. Nein.
aka Len

Hobbesistan
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:56 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Nucoclan wrote:

What next draft? The nominee told you he does not want this, thus making the whole thing dead!

You also forgot to include Cormac's illustrious career in the UDL, which I am not going into detail about, as we don't need a flame war to erupt.

Simply mentioning cormac and UDL in the same post brings about a flamewar.

You hast released the hounds from hell.
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

(Ret.) Maintainer of the Nationstates FAQ and Deletiger (Ret.) of The East Pacific
russia's greatest

Hobbes is always winning, like Charlie Sheen. - Jurisdictions
love machine

Stop right there (hobbes), your rational thought and intellect will destroy the internet. - Sovreignry
it was a shame how

Giraffes think Hobbes regret a lot. A lot of giraffes do. - Rachel
he carried on.

Nucoclan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nucoclan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Hobbesistan wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

Simply mentioning cormac and UDL in the same post brings about a flamewar.

Don't even think for one second, that I'm going to start a war because I'm never ever going to.

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:33 pm

Nucoclan wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Simply mentioning cormac and UDL in the same post brings about a flamewar.

Don't even think for one second, that I'm going to start a war because I'm never ever going to.

You didn't... what? Huh? *sigh* ... do you even understand what he meant? :palm:

Nucoclan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nucoclan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:43 pm

District XIV wrote:
Nucoclan wrote:

You didn't... what? Huh? *sigh* ... do you even understand what he meant? :palm:

Kind of.

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:43 pm

Nucoclan wrote:
District XIV wrote:You didn't... what? Huh? *sigh* ... do you even understand what he meant? :palm:

Kind of.

Sure, but it was not directed at you nor did you receive it correctly.

Nucoclan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nucoclan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:51 pm

District XIV wrote:
Nucoclan wrote:
Kind of.

Sure, but it was not directed at you nor did you receive it correctly.

That is true.

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:49 am

I do appreciate the thought though. :)

Sorry people were unnecessarily rude to you. I assure you most of it had to do with their vehement opposition to me receiving recognition of any kind.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:16 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:I do appreciate the thought though. :)

Sorry people were unnecessarily rude to you. I assure you most of it had to do with their vehement opposition to me receiving recognition of any kind.

His next draft should be much better. He has the spirit for it.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Nucoclan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nucoclan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:13 pm

Feux wrote:

His next draft should be much better. He has the spirit for it.

Thanks.

Nucoclan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nucoclan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:15 pm

Thanks. I'm sorry that people are so rude to you.

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:16 pm

Nucoclan wrote:

How?

*critiques a 'bad' draft*
>claims is being "rude"

lolwut

Nucoclan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nucoclan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:27 pm

District XIV wrote:
Nucoclan wrote:

How?

>claims is being "rude"

lolwut

Look at Liberate COF and tell me that people weren't being rude to him. Cormac is telling the truth though regardless of it being rude or not. Sometimes the truth hurts.

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:28 pm

Nucoclan wrote:
District XIV wrote:How?

>claims is being "rude"

lolwut

Look at Liberate COF and tell me that people weren't being rude to him. Cormac is telling the truth though regardless of it being rude or not. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Critiquing a draft =/= "being rude"

Nucoclan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nucoclan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:30 pm

District XIV wrote:
Nucoclan wrote:

Critiquing a draft =/= "being rude"

I'm sorry, look at the comments posted on Liberate COF.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council