NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Liberate Ixnay

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

[Draft] Liberate Ixnay

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:01 pm

The Security Council,

Noting the stated intent of a Liberation, namely: “a resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region”,

Recognizing that Ixnay was a region dedicated to nation-building, one that has been in existence since 2003, and who, at its height, had a population of over 40 nations,

Observing that Ixnay was attacked by a sleeper agent of The Black Riders, who had assistance from a combined force of The United Imperial Armed Forces, Lone Wolves United, and Sicarius,

Further Noting that the occupiers have begun banning and ejecting nations, dismantling embassies, and disrupting communications, thereby taking all forms of identity from Ixnay,

Further Observing that the occupiers have stated that they will attempt to refound Ixnay, making the region into a perverse “trophy” for the glorification of their “conquest”,

Disturbed by the publicly stated motivations for the acceleration of this attack: that the natives of Ixnay had been in the process of refounding their region in order to better secure themselves from attack,

Acknowledging that natives of Ixnay have publicly stated their desire for a Liberation from the Security Council, these natives include, but are not limited to: Urcea, Kistan, and Constantinalia,

Believing that swift action is needed on the part of the Security Council in order to prevent Ixnay from turning into a perverse “trophy”,

Hereby Liberates Ixnay.

Co-authored by The Fourth Imperium.

The Security Council,

Noting that Ixnay, a region that has been in existence since 2003, was a peaceful one dedicated to nation-building,

Disappointed that Ixnay was recently invaded by a combined force of The Black Riders, Sicarius, Lone Wolves United, and The United Imperial Armed Forces,

Horrified that Kikpar, the usurper, betrayed the trust of Ixnay by acting the part of a sleeper nation in the region it pretended to call home,

Distraught that Ixnay's identity was stripped from it as a result of the invasion, and that the natives of Ixnay have had their nations as well as their region invaded,

Disturbed by the implications that this attack was spurred on by the native's desire to refound Ixnay and better secure themselves from attack,

Wishing to prevent the peaceful natives of Ixnay from having to languish under an oppressive occupation,

Hereby Liberates Ixnay.

The Security Council,

Noting that Ixnay, a region that has been in existence since 2003, was a peaceful one dedicated to nation-building,

Disappointed that Ixnay was recently invaded by a combined force of The Black Riders, Sicarius, and The United Imperial Armed Forces,

Horrified that Kikpar, the usurper, betrayed the trust of Ixnay by acting the part of a sleeper nation in the region it pretended to call home,

Distraught that Ixnay's identity was stripped from it as a result of the invasion, and that the natives of Ixnay have had their nations as well as their region invaded,

Disturbed by the potential implications that the invasion and occupation of Ixnay are a direct result of the unfortunate and maligned first incarnation of the proposal “Liberate Haven”--a proposal whose purpose was to open a region to invasion of similar character to Ixnay,

Wishing to prevent the peaceful natives of Ixnay from having to languish under an oppressive occupation,

Hereby Liberates Ixnay.

Last edited by Ramaeus on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Just some weeb.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:06 pm

Ramaeus wrote:This will be submitted rather quickly.
The Security Council,

Disappointed that Ixnay was recently invaded by a combined force of The Black Riders, Sicarius, and The United Imperial Armed Forces,

Disturbed by the potential implications that the invasion and occupation of Ixnay are a direct result of the unfortunate and maligned first incarnation of the proposal “Liberate Haven”--a proposal whose purpose was to open a region to invasion of similar character to Ixnay,

Hereby Liberates Ixnay.

Just so that this is clear: you're claming that this invasion is the direct result of something that happened months after the sleeper nation was planted in the region?
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:14 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Just so that this is clear: you're claming that this invasion is the direct result of something that happened months after the sleeper nation was planted in the region?

I'm saying that it's a possible motivation. They may very well have been motivated to accelerate their attack as a result of Liberate Haven.

I'm well aware that what I state is nothing but an assertion, but that's why I'm using mildly ambiguous language.
Just some weeb.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:15 pm

Ramaeus wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Just so that this is clear: you're claming that this invasion is the direct result of something that happened months after the sleeper nation was planted in the region?

I'm saying that it's a possible motivation. They may very well have been motivated to accelerate their attack as a result of Liberate Haven.

I'm well aware that what I state is nothing but an assertion, but that's why I'm using mildly ambiguous language.

The attack occurred when it did because the natives were preparing a refound which forced TBR's hand.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:The attack occurred when it did because the natives were preparing a refound which forced TBR's hand.

Alright then. I'll change that clause shortly.
Just some weeb.

Nierr
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Ramaeus wrote:I'm saying that it's a possible motivation. They may very well have been motivated to accelerate their attack as a result of Liberate Haven.

The attack occurred when it did because the natives were preparing a refound which forced TBR's hand.

Are you really going to claim it's just coincidence? Really?

C'mon, Mall. It's about as coincidental as Afforess just suddenly having a burning urge to draft and post a Liberate Haven proposal.

As it is, this proposal is unneeded and I am against.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:20 pm

Nierr wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:The attack occurred when it did because the natives were preparing a refound which forced TBR's hand.

Are you really going to claim it's just coincidence? Really?

C'mon, Mall. It's about as coincidental as Afforess just suddenly having a burning urge to draft and post a Liberate Haven proposal.

As it is, this proposal is unneeded and I am against.

My understanding of the situation is that the natives responded to the Liberate Haven proposal by going for a refound, they had a poll running and had distributed a telegram instructing nations to leave. The potential for a change in the password or having the point removed necessitated immediate action. The timing then is not coincidental, but the causality is not what is claimed in the proposal.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Kikpar
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kikpar » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:27 pm

Mall is absolutely correct, it is a complete coincidence, forced by the natives plans to refound.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:28 pm

It's been updated.
Just some weeb.

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:31 pm

Have the natives asked this resolution?
Last edited by Frattastan II on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:34 pm

Frattastan II wrote:Have the natives asked this resolution?

I do have native approval for this, if that's what you're asking.
Just some weeb.

The Lanthanides
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lanthanides » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:36 pm

AGAINST, since you banjected me from TEP.
The Lanthanides
Founder, Fundamental Theorem of Algebra
Host, First Olympiad of NationStates Quiz Bowl Olympics

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:37 pm

The Lanthanides wrote:AGAINST, since you banjected me from TEP.

:rofl:
I never banned you from TEP. My predecessor did.
Just some weeb.

Urcea
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Urcea » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:56 pm

Ramaeus wrote:

I do have native approval for this, if that's what you're asking.

I can confirm this.
The Federal Republic of Urcea
President| Brianna Johnson
National Ideology| National Democracy
National Info/Links| Factbook, NSEconomy, Roman Catholic Church

Lemmrod
Secretary

Founded: May 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemmrod » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:08 pm

A native has attempted to draft a resolution, but failed due to technical issues.

I wholly support this draft.
--------- IXNAY FADA BEO ---------

Free Ixnay!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Urcea wrote:
Ramaeus wrote:I do have native approval for this, if that's what you're asking.

I can confirm this.

Why the Liberation? There is no password currently to remove. Do you suspect your occupiers of imposing one on the near future to aid their refound efforts?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:19 pm

You're jumping the gun a slight bit here with the Liberation Proposal. The first thing Kipkar did is REMOVE the password.
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Kistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012

Postby Kistan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:21 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Urcea wrote:
I can confirm this.

Why the Liberation? There is no password currently to remove. Do you suspect your occupiers of imposing one on the near future to aid their refound efforts?

Oh, hi. It's you, G.

Well, they made it clear individually, in several cases, that they are going to stay in Ixnay. Their reasoning came in the form of both anarchist and dictatorial superiority speeches, and repeatedly mentioned attacking us for being 'WA supporters', in their opinion.
Humor:
"It's the Vrell Fuel and Oils Corporation, not Kistani Oils. Kistani Oils makes lotions and petrolium jellies."
Disclaimer: Kistan is for fun, and you should not expect the IRL me to do the things Kistan may do.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:23 pm

The Sapientia wrote:You're jumping the gun a slight bit here with the Liberation Proposal. The first thing Kipkar did is REMOVE the password.

If I submitted this, then yes, your complaint would be valid. But I haven't.
Just some weeb.

Kistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012

Postby Kistan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:24 pm

The Sapientia wrote:You're jumping the gun a slight bit here with the Liberation Proposal. The first thing Kipkar did is REMOVE the password.

Well, yeah.

Then the second half of the invasion flooded in and endorsed him. It's not like it was a helpful or beneficial act.
Humor:
"It's the Vrell Fuel and Oils Corporation, not Kistani Oils. Kistani Oils makes lotions and petrolium jellies."
Disclaimer: Kistan is for fun, and you should not expect the IRL me to do the things Kistan may do.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:18 pm

*rolls eyes*

So much for "we won't attack you if you refound..."
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Constantinalia
Secretary

Founded: Nov 14, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Constantinalia » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:53 am

Hello! Ixnayan native here, currently stuck in The Rejected Realms, I support this draft. The Raiders have no password as of current so they can move their WA nations in, but they're most likely going to lock it as soon as they have enough influence to keep the natives weak.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:13 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:My understanding of the situation is that the natives responded to the Liberate Haven proposal by going for a refound, they had a poll running and had distributed a telegram instructing nations to leave. The potential for a change in the password or having the point removed necessitated immediate action.

:eyebrow:
Oh, really?!? Did their refounding threaten your lives, or to enslave you, or something else at that level?!? No? Thought not. There's nothing "necessary" at all about raiding...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:17 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:My understanding of the situation is that the natives responded to the Liberate Haven proposal by going for a refound, they had a poll running and had distributed a telegram instructing nations to leave. The potential for a change in the password or having the point removed necessitated immediate action.

:eyebrow:
Oh, really?!? Did their refounding threaten your lives, or to enslave you, or something else at that level?!? No? Thought not. There's nothing "necessary" at all about raiding...

It threatened the operation, so from a raider perspective it threatened months of work and planning. So yes, from our raiding perspective it was indeed necessary. Will this be held in reserve in order to be deployed once a password is put up or is it the intention of the author to submit the moment a suitable draft is created?
Ideological Bulwark #253

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:20 am

I would definitely back this resolution.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council