NATION

PASSWORD

[Submitted] Liberate Haven

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:38 pm

Venico wrote:
Delmonte wrote:Yeah, but he's a Moderator posting something to be intentionally inflammatory. When I asked if I could post a call to arms in II to get the attention of RPers for gameplay I was told explicitly that I couldn't because it would be inflammatory (as there was already a precedent for posting non-RP related things in II). Well, that's what this is. I'd love to see that reasoning enforced here, but it won't be. Also I think the person who told me that was kind of just being a jerk. But whatever.

I believe he's trying to use the liberation proposal exactly as it was meant to be used. To peel back the password of an unattainable region. Don't see anything inflammatory there. But if you do, I'd suggest taking it to the moderation thread here.

Very well. Let's try an experiment. I'm going to start a thread in moderation expressing my concern that this proposal was made with the sole intent of trolling the roleplay users. Let's see what happens. I'll even link it back here when I've done it.

Edit: Someone beat me to it. Glorious mod solidarity at work. Because of course it is.
Last edited by Mini Miehm on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Don't reward the trolls.

Nierr
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:39 pm

The Batorys wrote:If raiders weren't constantly trying to kick over RPers' sandcastles.

The Black Riders, the most active raider group in existence at the moment raids about 1000 to 1200 regions a year.

How many of those are rp regions?

Yes, Haven is being targeted here. No, absolutely not is it part of any kind of larger scale raider targeting of RPers.

Lexicor
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Take a deep breath everybody...

Postby Lexicor » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:40 pm

Everyone on this thread is encouraged to take a chill pill, take a deep breath and to try and calm down. Its all getting to be a little much. :unsure:
Last edited by Lexicor on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The less one knows about the Civil War the more likely one is to think the North fought to free the slaves."
"As hours worked by an individual approaches zero, the probability of engagement in political activism approaches one."
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of the mention of inter-sectional group identities approaches one."

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:40 pm

Venico wrote:
Delmonte wrote:Weren't you saying that RPers and Raiders should connect and work together or something only months ago?

I believe I said Gameplayers but yes. We definitely should connect more and bridge the gap between our communities. Doesn't mean I don't support raiding the crap out of regions without a founder.

The possibility of the second sentence ever becoming a reality is cancelled out by the attitude evidenced in the sentence immediately following.

People won't stop being angry at you for shitting on their work until you stop doing it.
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Northrop-Grumman
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 28, 2003
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Northrop-Grumman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:42 pm

Lexicor wrote:Everyone on this thread is encouraged to take a chill pill, take a deep breath and to try and calm down. Its all getting to be a little much. :unsure:
Every single time the RPing community is poked like this, chaos happens.

Katalonua
Secretary

Founded: Mar 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Katalonua » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:
Katalonua wrote:
True. However, is it inaccurate to say we're not participating in R/N/D?

Nah, I suppose you'd be the N. A usually well-protected N, but an N nonetheless :p

Fair enough, I suppose. I'd like to continue this conversation, but this isn't really the place. :p
Alt of Gorgashia

Polynesian Kingdom and loyal vassal-state to White Sun

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Nierr wrote:
Reploid Productions wrote:If you have specific concerns or suggestions regarding Liberation proposals, changes to gameplay, and so on, take it to Technical.

The problem with this is that the admin and mod teams do not listen to the concerns of RPers when they raise them. And in the unlikely event they do, the reply is invariably 'sorry, can't do nothing about that'.

You guys can switch up the update schedule, make huge sweeping changes to influence and be instituting or planning to institute a really quite impressive list of changes to R/D but when it comes time to protect those communities who are the forgotten victims of raiding, RPer and non-RPer communities both, nothing changes.

I've given up trying to change the system, because it never will change. My only goal now is to stop things like this. And that means me using contacts in gameplay to attempt to influence the votes of the GCRs, and numerous contacts in roleplay to get the more... explicit members of the community to step back to let cooler heads argue the points. And it isn't working.

And this entire thing, this entire damn thing, just repeats itself. It is a never ending cycle of shit that gets forced down the throats of NSers. And you have abdicated responsibility for that. God - or whatever deity - only knows how disenchanted you guys must be with the whole thing that you've done that, but I know I'm one of the very few gameplaying RPers left who hasn't completely given up on this whole damn shitheap.

And as long as that keeps happening, anger and resentment will only continue to grow.
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Hobbiest Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbiest Republic » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:44 pm

The Batorys wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:My favorite part of this thread are all the people who deployed WA's to the TSP Coup claiming their innocence. This isn't an RP where you can just edit out your post and it never happened, kiddos. Gameplay has history records ;)

"All the people"?

Name them.

Fucking. Name. Them.

You can't, can you?

I'm not denying anything, my history is there for all to see. Still, singling out regions for participants from the south pacific incident reeks of the kind of 'punishment' meted out to innocent and guilty alike by the education institution. It should be needless to say that I disapprove of that particular method of discipline.
CoPS-Member
CoNS- Founder/Member
UEF-Observer
Amistad Signatory

Economic Left/Right: 5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03
Aboot Meh: Pro-Chife, Pro-Dakka, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Freedom
"That's what forgiveness sounds like, Screaming and then silence."-Carl

Lexicor
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexicor » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Northrop-Grumman wrote:
Lexicor wrote:Everyone on this thread is encouraged to take a chill pill, take a deep breath and to try and calm down. Its all getting to be a little much. :unsure:
Every single time the RPing community is poked like this, chaos happens.

Well clearly the solution lies in not poking the RPing community.
"The less one knows about the Civil War the more likely one is to think the North fought to free the slaves."
"As hours worked by an individual approaches zero, the probability of engagement in political activism approaches one."
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of the mention of inter-sectional group identities approaches one."

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
The Batorys wrote:Exactly.

That was the point of that.

Nobody likes getting their shit destroyed. Not even raiders.

Which is why you don't see us sitting in founderless regions.
Maltropia wrote:Oh, sorry, I'll do that now. I played no role in the TSP coup. Happy?
I'm not trying to Liberate your region.

So you sit safe and sound, while fucking up other people's shit just because you can?

Seems a wee bit hypocritical.

What are people supposed to do in an old region if the founder CTEs? We've been told in the past "oh, just password it." People have done so, feeling it was the responsible thing to do, in order to opt-out of R/D. Now you're trying to dismiss that and render them helpless. That is fucked up.

People have proposed transferable foundership in the past, but that idea has been rejected time and again.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Lexicor wrote:
Northrop-Grumman wrote:Every single time the RPing community is poked like this, chaos happens.

Crazy idea right? And yet here we are.

Don't reward the trolls.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Lexicor wrote:
Northrop-Grumman wrote:Every single time the RPing community is poked like this, chaos happens.

And yet this is what's happening over, over, over, over and over again ever since the first year of NS.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:48 pm

The Batorys wrote:

It's entirely hypocritical. But Mall hasn't been able to formulate a suitable argument to this point, so he's just going to use fallacies to get him out of this too.
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

PrussianEmpire
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Roleplayers viciously assaulted the peaceful region known as The South Pacific, which devastated the Gameplay community. Such events are intolerable and thus we demand retribution. Therefore, I SUPPORT burning the entire RP world to the ground, starting here in Haven. May the RPers pay in blood for their crimes.
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:50 pm

The Batorys wrote:So you sit safe and sound, while fucking up other people's shit just because you can?

What are people supposed to do in an old region if the founder CTEs? We've been told in the past "oh, just password it." People have done so, feeling it was the responsible thing to do, in order to opt-out of R/D. Now you're trying to dismiss that and render them helpless. That is fucked up.

People have proposed transferable foundership in the past, but that idea has been rejected time and again.

We're safe because we took the steps to ensure our (always temporary, btw) safety. Nothing hypocritical there.

You could always, like, make a new region. Take screenshots of your old RMB and move forward. This, however, has nothing to do with liberating Haven.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Northrop-Grumman
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 28, 2003
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Northrop-Grumman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:50 pm

The Batorys wrote:
Nierr wrote:The problem with this is that the admin and mod teams do not listen to the concerns of RPers when they raise them. And in the unlikely event they do, the reply is invariably 'sorry, can't do nothing about that'.

You guys can switch up the update schedule, make huge sweeping changes to influence and be instituting or planning to institute a really quite impressive list of changes to R/D but when it comes time to protect those communities who are the forgotten victims of raiding, RPer and non-RPer communities both, nothing changes.

I've given up trying to change the system, because it never will change. My only goal now is to stop things like this. And that means me using contacts in gameplay to attempt to influence the votes of the GCRs, and numerous contacts in roleplay to get the more... explicit members of the community to step back to let cooler heads argue the points. And it isn't working.

And this entire thing, this entire damn thing, just repeats itself. It is a never ending cycle of shit that gets forced down the throats of NSers. And you have abdicated responsibility for that. God - or whatever deity - only knows how disenchanted you guys must be with the whole thing that you've done that, but I know I'm one of the very few gameplaying RPers left who hasn't completely given up on this whole damn shitheap.

And as long as that keeps happening, anger and resentment will only continue to grow.
Pretty much spot on. I've tried in the past to give the whole thing a shot (hell, I even tried R/D for a bit) and see if there's a way to make everything work. Hell, even a gentleman's agreement to not mess with RP regions would be better than this constant aggression and the "suck it up" attitude. But I've personally given up on it. There's no point. If we can't at least have an equal footing in the discussion and get some measure of respect, then why bother? I can understand the idea about steamrolling the entire R/D game and being done with it and I've expressed such views myself. I know there are good people in the R/D community who don't want this sort of crapfest, but what can be done?
Last edited by Northrop-Grumman on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Azura
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:50 pm

PrussianEmpire wrote:Roleplayers viciously assaulted the peaceful region known as The South Pacific, which devastated the Gameplay community. Such events are intolerable and thus we demand retribution. Therefore, I SUPPORT burning the entire RP world to the ground, starting here in Haven. May the RPers pay in blood for their crimes.

Care for a cookie?
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

FRIEND OF KRAVEN (2005-2023)KRAVEN PREVAILS!18 YEARS OF STORIES DELETED

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS
CAPITAL:RAEVENNADEMONYM:AZURGOVERNMENT:SYNDICAL REPUBLICLANGUAGE:AZURI

Her Graceful Excellence the Phaedra
CALIXTEIMARAUDER
By the Grace of the Lord God, the Daughter of Tsyion, Spirited Maiden, First Matron of House Vardanyan
Imperatrix of the Evenguard of Azura and Sovereign Over Her Dependencies, the Governess of Isaura
and the Defender of the Children of Azura

— Controlled Nations —
Artemis Noir, Dragua Sevua, Grand Ventana, Hanasaku, New Azura, Nova Secta and Xiahua

— Other Supported Regions —
Esvanovia (P/MT), Teremara (P/MT), The Local Cluster (FT)

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:50 pm

I hate to generalize you all, but it really seems like Gameplayers can't formulate proper arguments. When you can come back with substantial proof stating that Haven - as a region - dedicated itself to the coup in TSP, you can try to advance this motion. Until then, this is just another bad argument brought forward.
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

Voltrovia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Voltrovia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Mini Miehm wrote:
Voltrovia wrote:While I am an RPer I have one or two things to say:

Most RPers don't hate Gameplay. Most RPers aren't involved in Gameplay. Most RPers don't really care that much at all about Gameplay (much as most Gameplayers don't care about RP). And that's perfectly fine.

But if you try to force them to get involved in Gameplay by liberating and raiding an RP region (on what still seems like an incoherent basis) they will respond extremely negatively and with genuine anger and outrage. Ergo - the responses in this thread.

It isn't that the RP community (of Haven in particular) are working against raiders (or defenders for that matter), it's more that the vast majority simply wish to be left alone, regardless of the justifications for or arguments against this liberation proposal.

Thank you sir. Much more coolly phrased than I could have done.

Thank you. A lot of the posts of this thread have been a little confrontational, to say the least. This is simply because the RPers here are very annoyed, outraged even, over the prospect of a RPing region being raided without any possibility of redress. Essentially, the idea that RP is separate from Gameplay is cast away because the only way for RPing regions to stay in existence is to actually play a part of the game they have nothing to do with. Unsurprisingly the response has been overwhelmingly negative.

The RP community is not simply one vast hivemind dedicated to working against R/D. I think I'm right in saying that most RPers don't care greatly about Gameplay and are inexperienced in it, and vice-versa. Therefore, to say that all RPers have actively moved against the raiders is likely to cause tension, as many of us can count the times that we've moved region on a single hand.

This does lead on to the question of whether the liberation itself is justified. The rationale that a number of old Haven players were involved in Milograd's coup is debatable in it's legitimacy but that isn't the problem at the moment. Mall, quite a lot of people have gotten angry about a lack of conclusive evidence. I am posting in perfectly good faith when I say that access to some log files or history records would be useful for convincing more than a few people (including myself) of the true basis of your proposal. I don't know how to access those files or to what they are even referring but I think some concrete evidence might help explain what the proposal is driving at.

tl;dr: It wouldn't hurt to show (if possible) from some form of historical log specific evidence of what's supposed to have gone on. It might actually clear a lot up if something like that was shown.
Last edited by Voltrovia on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If we burn the defence papers, maybe the journalists will go away. On a private estate in the middle of the night.
In 1988. Without quite letting the residents know. Only Voltrovian protagonist kids remember.

When Sparrows Shout (And The World Goes To War)
An idea (RP; very much unfinished)

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Minnysota wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:You mean like besides the embassy which was given during the coup in exchange for support?

I'm seeing a lot of words and claims about Haven's involvement but no legitimate proof. Try again.

Yep. I'm seeing that accusation that the embassy was somehow an exchange of support.

That's ludicrous, to me. That's not what we use embassies for.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Mini Miehm wrote:Good? I guess?

I seriously know absolutely nothing about gameplay. It doesn't interest me, just like roleplay doesn't interest you.

Fair enough.

Mini Miehm wrote:All i know right now is that a game mod is trolling the roleplay community, and that's seriously uncool. I have no interest in knowing anything about gameplay, because I have no intention of participating. I would appreciate the courtesy of not having to know, just as I don't expect you to know anything about roleplay, because this roleplayer has never even heard of you either.

First, Mall is a forum mod, not a game mod. Those are two very different things. Second, Mods are allowed to act as players. What point would there be in being a mod if you can't play the game? Third, the mods have already ruled that Mall's actions are perfectly legal. He isn't trolling. Fourth, the moderators already knew that Mall was a known raider. And they probably aren't surprised that he's doing something like this as a player. Finally, as has been pointed out above, GP is intricately linked with regions. You can't have one without the other. If you want to avoid being raided, then you should secure your region properly.
Last edited by Ramaeus on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just some weeb.

Nierr
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Minnysota wrote:I hate to generalize you all, but it really seems like Gameplayers can't formulate proper arguments. When you can come back with substantial proof stating that Haven - as a region - dedicated itself to the coup in TSP, you can try to advance this motion. Until then, this is just another bad argument brought forward.

Gameplayers have argued against this motion.

Gameplayers are part of the behind the scenes organising for what happens post-this shit gets passed.

Let's not generalise some of the people who are going to be working towards saving Haven, k?

Vetok
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vetok » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:53 pm

Still waiting for more names. Sorry about the coughing, it's that smoke machine Mallorea left running.

Oh wait, we've got Crave who Mallorea named and CTE'd last December, and we've got Hobbiest Republic who seems to be admitting to it...but is from an entirely different region.

If this was Mythbusters they wouldn't even consider doing a show on it it's that thin.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Nierr wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:The members of the Concordat who signed on to support raiders do. But TSP wasn't a raid, it was a coup, a coup backed by around two hundred RP'ers, including some from Haven and Haven's express approval.

You are completely ignoring the other major faction there: the leftists. Embassies (which is by your own logic how we define support and being 'in on it') with The Internationale, Antifa and the Red Fleet say it all.

And I'd wager they contributed a damn site more WAs than RPers.

Especially as lots of RPers purposely aren't in the WA.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:55 pm

New Azura wrote:
PrussianEmpire wrote:Roleplayers viciously assaulted the peaceful region known as The South Pacific, which devastated the Gameplay community. Such events are intolerable and thus we demand retribution. Therefore, I SUPPORT burning the entire RP world to the ground, starting here in Haven. May the RPers pay in blood for their crimes.

Care for a cookie?

Hell, I'll throw him a cookie just because he's doing what the lot of you aren't: discussing the actual thread topic.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council