NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Commend Sciongrad

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

[DEFEATED] Commend Sciongrad

Postby Ramaeus » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:30 pm

Image Commend Sciongrad

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Sciongrad | Proposed by: Ramaeus

The Security Council,

Noting that the government of Sciongrad also controls the nation Connopolis,

Recognizing that Sciongrad (oft through the nation of Connopolis) has authored 18 resolutions and co-authored several more, making them one of the most prolific authors in the history of the WA,

Further recognizing Sciongrad's repeal of well-meaning but poorly-executed resolutions, which often have the effect of making the WA's bureaucracy a more manageable organization,

Expounding on some of Sciongrad's work in the WA:
  • SC#77 & SC#97, Condemn Milograd, which condemned one of the most infamous dictatorial regimes in the modern world,
  • GAR#161, Medical Standards in Prisons, which mandated that member nations elevate the standard of medical care within their prisons,
  • GAR#242, Biological Warfare Convention, which mandated that member nations do all in their power to prevent the distribution of biological weapons,
  • GAR#255, Rights of Neutral States, which sought to properly define the rights of states uninvolved in either a single conflict, or the world at large,

Emphasizing the importance of GAR#242, and its role in closing a massive void in WA legislation, a void which had only been meekly filled by previous legislation,

Noting the experience and knowledge of the Scionite ambassador to the WA, Natalia Santos, and the honorable ambassador's willingness to apply their knowledge to assist authors in drafting and refining their proposals,

Encouraged by Sciongrad's compilation of a reference guide of the various bureaucratic organizations within the GA, thereby disseminating this information to a wider audience,

Believing the resolutions stated above serve as sufficient examples of both manifold authorship and Sciongrad's dedication to the ideals of both councils of the WA,

Respecting Sciongrad's contributions to the International Democratic Union, serving as delegate for three terms, wherein, through their capacity as delegate, they managed to reinvigorate regional activity and encourage WA authorship,

Convinced that Sciongrad's prolific authorship, mentorship of other nations, and reinvigoration of an historically relevant region make Sciongrad worthy of recognition from this august council,

Hereby Commends Sciongrad.

Image Commend Sciongrad

The Security Council,

Noting that the government of Sciongrad also controls the nation Connopolis,

Recognizing that Sciongrad (oft through the nation of Connopolis) has authored 18 resolutions and co-authored several more, making them one of the most prolific authors in the history of the WA,

Further recognizing Sciongrad's repeal of well-meaning but poorly-executed resolutions, which often have the effect of making the WA's bureaucracy a more manageable organization; these repeals include, but are not limited to:
  • GAR#191, Repeal “Animal Cruelty Act”, which repealed a resolution that contained a series of loopholes, including one permitting human sacrifice,
  • GAR#211, Repeal “On Expiration Dates”, which repealed a resolution that permitted those involved in the dissemination of products to deceive consumers about when products expire,
  • GAR#284, Repeal “Ethics in International Trade”, which repealed a resolution that created a superfluous and unwieldy bureaucracy,

Expounding on some of Sciongrad's other work in the WA:
  • SC#77 & SC#97, Condemn Milograd, which condemned one of the most infamous dictatorial regimes in the modern world,
  • GAR#161, Medical Standards in Prisons, which mandated that member nations elevate the standard of medical care within prisons,
  • GAR#242, Biological Warfare Convention, which mandated that member nations do all in their power to prevent distribution of Biological weapons,
  • GAR#255, Rights of Neutral States, which sought to properly define the rights of states uninvolved in either a single conflict, or the world at large,

Noting the experience and knowledge of the Scionite ambassador to the WA, Natalia Santos, and the honorable ambassador's willingness to apply their knowledge to assist authors in drafting and refining their proposals,

Encouraged by Sciongrad's compilation of a reference guide of the various bureaucratic organizations within the GA, thereby disseminating this information to a wider audience,

Believing the resolutions stated above serve as sufficient examples of both manifold authorship and Sciongrad's dedication to the ideals of both councils of the WA,

Respecting Sciongrad's contributions to the International Democratic Union, serving as delegate for three terms, wherein, through their capacity as delegate, they managed to reinvigorate regional activity and encourage WA authorship,

Convinced that Sciongrad's prolific authorship, mentorship of other nations, and reinvigoration of an historically relevant region make Sciongrad worthy of recognition from this august council,

Image Commend Sciongrad

The Security Council,

Recognizing the distinguished and manifold authorship of the delegation of Sciongrad,

Applauding Sciongrad's dedication to making the WA bureaucracy a more manageable organization by repealing several poorly written and poorly executed resolutions, including:

• GAR#191, Repeal “Animal Cruelty Act”, which repealed a resolution that contained a series of loopholes, including one permitting human sacrifice,
  • GAR#211, Repeal “On Expiration Dates”, which repealed a resolution that permitted “manufacturers, distributors, and retailers to deceive consumers as to when the product is to expire”,
  • GAR#284, Repeal “Ethic in International Trade”, which repealed a resolution that created a superfluous and unwieldy bureaucracy,

Appreciating Sciongrad's commitment to peace on the international level by authoring the following resolutions:

• GAR#242, Biological Warfare Convention, which mandated that member nations do all in their power to prevent “the production, sale, or transfer of biological agents”,
  • GAR#255, Rights of Neutral States, which sought to properly define the rights of states uninvolved in either a singular conflict, or the world at large,

Noting the experience and knowledge of the Scionite ambassador to the WA, Natalia Santos, and the honorable ambassadors willingness to apply their knowledge to assist authors in the drafting and refining of their proposals,

Respecting Sciongrad's contributions to the International Democratic Union, serving as delegate for three terms, vice delegate for one term, and through their current capacity as minister of immigration,

Affirming that Sciongrad's authorship, assistance to fellow nations, and contributions to their home region make Sciongrad a worthwhile candidate for recognition from this council,

Last edited by Mousebumples on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:23 am, edited 16 times in total.
Just some weeb.

The Leningrad Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Leningrad Union » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:33 pm

I would definitely support this.
I founded Madrigal and Confederacy of Allied States. However, I have given up my power in both. I reside in Iraq currently. Come join me!

Parody of typical NSG sig:

NSG's resident Liberal Gay Atheist because there's totally no other liberals, gays or atheists here!
Impeach GP, Legalize RP, NSG 2016!
Mallorea and Riva should resign
*Insert some uneducated statement about how I support a stupid ideology that I heard about in my middle school social studies class*
*Insert some typical liberal and/or edgy statement about Gaza and/or Ukraine*

some popular TETer wrote:Leningrad iz kewl

some dude that agreed with me on a debate wrote:Just listen to Leningrad!

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:37 pm

I think the non-resolution aspects need a bit more "beef," so to speak since they're short on substance and seem like fluff. I'll admit that I'm not super familiar with what Scion has done in those areas, though, so you may want to consider contacting Sanctaria (current IDU WAD) and Bears Armed (previously served multiple terms as IDU's WAD) for more information.

Additionally, Scion has had ... multiple personalities, so to speak, around here, and I believe there is SC precedent for combining such WA-related efforts under one commendation. Connopolis and Scion Lop On come to mind, and I may have even forgotten one or two. There may be resolutions passed by those nations that are worth highlighting over some of the ones you've presently selected.

Good luck!
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:41 pm

Mousebumples wrote:I think the non-resolution aspects need a bit more "beef," so to speak since they're short on substance and seem like fluff. I'll admit that I'm not super familiar with what Scion has done in those areas, though, so you may want to consider contacting Sanctaria (current IDU WAD) and Bears Armed (previously served multiple terms as IDU's WAD) for more information.

Additionally, Scion has had ... multiple personalities, so to speak, around here, and I believe there is SC precedent for combining such WA-related efforts under one commendation. Connopolis and Scion Lop On come to mind, and I may have even forgotten one or two. There may be resolutions passed by those nations that are worth highlighting over some of the ones you've presently selected.

Good luck!

I'll be sure to investigate everything you've said thoroughly. Thanks for the tips. :)
Last edited by Ramaeus on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just some weeb.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Nothing but GA authorship? Boring.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:27 pm

SkyDip wrote:Nothing but GA authorship? Boring.

:p More things will be added.
Just some weeb.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:19 pm

Meh....

I like Scion, but this seems a little generic if you ask me.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:20 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:Meh....

I like Scion, but this seems a little generic if you ask me.

True. I refer you to my previous post:
Ramaeus wrote: :p More things will be added.
Just some weeb.

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:07 pm

I'm in support of this commendation.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Second draft is up, thoughts?
(Yes, I know authorship is by far the largest part of the commendation, but the 17 authorships do make a case of their own, no?)
Just some weeb.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Seems like a solid dude/dudette.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:33 pm

I've had a fair amount of experience with Scion, and I'd support this.

Sciongrad is a proud -grad, after all, and a pretty prolific author too. ;)
Retired

Yelda
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 04, 2004
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Yelda » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:40 pm

I'd vote for it.
The Yeldan People's Democratic Republic

Ideological Bulwark #40
Another HotRodian puppet

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:54 pm

From a purely visual/appealing to the voters perspective, I would think that leading with the names of the given resolutions (and then linking to the text of the passed resolution) might be more attractive than going "GA#X, SC#Y." I love numbers as much as the next person, but you're more likely to win over fluffies with happy sounding text rather than with numbers, I'd think.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:47 pm

This would be the same lovely chap that Co-Authored Repeal Commend 10000 Islands as Connopolis. Needless to say, I am more than willing to stack against if this were to come to vote.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Improving Wordiness
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Improving Wordiness » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:07 pm

I would vote against. Not based on the co-authoring of a repeal of Commend 10XK but on the deceitful way the repeal was written. It took events that were proven to be legitimate defences and twisted the truth in order to try to achieve a petty outcome.
Certainly not a nation I will help put a commend on.
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:I'm a massive tool. ;)

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:10 pm

Improving Wordiness wrote:I would vote against. Not based on the co-authoring of a repeal of Commend 10XK but on the deceitful way the repeal was written. It took events that were proven to be legitimate defences and twisted the truth in order to try to achieve a petty outcome.
Certainly not a nation I will help put a commend on.

Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that bit. Its not that he co-authored a repeal of 10KI's commend, its that he knowingly deceived the Security Council in *trying to meet his ends.

*edit
Last edited by Benevolent Thomas on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:38 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that bit. Its not that he co-authored a repeal of 10KI's commend, its that he knowingly deceived the Security Council in *trying to meet his ends.

*edit

Is that all? I was expecting something substantive, not trite.
Just some weeb.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:54 pm

Noting the experience and knowledge of the Scionite ambassador to the WA, Natalia Santos, and the honorable ambassadors willingness to apply their knowledge to assist authors in drafting and refining their proposals,

honorable ambassador's - needs an apostrophe here. Also, I think "poorly executed" in the 2nd clause needs to be hyphenated, but I could be wrong.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:honorable ambassador's - needs an apostrophe here. Also, I think "poorly executed" in the 2nd clause needs to be hyphenated, but I could be wrong.

Fixed. Thanks.
Just some weeb.

The Liberal States of Russia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Liberal States of Russia » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:02 pm

This is great! Sciongrad really deserves to be commended! He's a very active member of the community. I'd definitely support this!
The Liberal States of Russia

Member of the International Democratic Union

Political Compass:

Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.15

Ascovis
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ascovis » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:21 am

The Liberal States of Russia wrote:This is great! Sciongrad really deserves to be commended! He's a very active member of the community. I'd definitely support this!

But, that alone doesn't constitute a commendation, hmm?
Foreign Minister of the International Democratic Union
United Republic of Ascovis

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:36 am

Ascovis wrote:
The Liberal States of Russia wrote:This is great! Sciongrad really deserves to be commended! He's a very active member of the community. I'd definitely support this!

But, that alone doesn't constitute a commendation, hmm?

Depends on what you consider Commendation worthy.
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu May 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Submitted.
Just some weeb.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu May 08, 2014 8:29 pm

I have requested that this be pulled. There is a mistake that is bothering me.
Last edited by Ramaeus on Thu May 08, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just some weeb.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives