NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn The Dourian Embassy

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:20 pm

Fenshamsland wrote:Saludos delegados,

My experience as former WA Delegate for The Revolutionary Council taught me that The Dourian Embassy is a menace to the WA. They and Chester Pearson have influence so big in the WA, they practically govern every member state.

This imperialism is unacceptable and must be stopped! I fully support future condemnation of Chester Pearson.

I remember having written a proposal in the past, in my eyes and the eyes of those who commented on it, it was perfect, yet, Chester Pearson had it removed because he didn't read my proposal good enough as to spot the operative clause. It is not only me... He also has a shocking ability to campaign for his vulgar proposals, although denying that he uses stamps.

Nevertheless this condemnation is about The Dourian Embassy who themselves have an imperialistic, elitist attitude and their proposals and support for proposals cause great distress to member states yet his cunning ability to make people think he is right is remarkable.

Saludos!

Comandante Fensham
El Presidente de Fenshamsland

"Blushes"

But honestly is my influence really that large, that I practically govern EVERY other state? Also which proposal are you referring to? I possess no ability to remove a proposal, as I am not a moderator. If your proposal was pulled, it was because the MODS declared it illegal, not me. As for using stamps, I don't. The only money I have spent on this game was in buying a site supporter on my primary nation. There are these things known as scripts you know? But hey be my guest, and condemn me. You wouldn't be the first one to try.

Anywho, The Federation has voted FOR this condemnation.....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Margno
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Margno » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:45 pm

We've pulled ahead! Keep it up, guys!
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.
We have nothing to lose but the world. We have our souls to gain.
You!
Me.
Nothing you can possibly do can make God love you any more or any less.

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Fenshamsland wrote:? But hey be my guest, and condemn me. You wouldn't be the first one to try.

Anywho, The Federation has voted FOR this condemnation.....

Aww, who would condemn you? You're like a big softie, You're just so FLUFFY! :p
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Abacathea wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

See.... That's what I thought myself, but obviously I pissed in someones cornflakes.... :blush:
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Frustrated Franciscans
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Frustrated Franciscans » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Democratic Siberia wrote:Hmm the dourian embassy voted to condemn itself…

Yes, sometimes he can be quite the pennitant, going around with his flagellum and saying "I'm a naughty boy, punish me!" I hear it's a hit with the ladies.

Brother Maynard ... hit it ...

When a problem comes along
You must whip it
Before the cream sits out too long
You must whip it
When something's going wrong
You must whip it

He's been a naughty boy

Now whip it
Into shape
Shape it up
Get straight
Go forward
Move ahead
Try to detect it
It's not too late
To whip it
Whip it good

A very naughty boy.

Something to consider
Before you vote
You can always change your mind
He wants to be whipped
Whip him good!
Proud Member of the Tzorsland Puppet Federation

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:28 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Abacathea wrote:

See.... That's what I thought myself, but obviously I pissed in someones cornflakes.... :blush:

The only thing Mr. Pearson deserves a red badge for is his incessant Chemical Weapons measures. :P
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:10 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

The only thing Mr. Pearson deserves a red badge for is his incessant Chemical Weapons measures. :P

Which finally passed might I add?
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
SkyDip wrote:The only thing Mr. Pearson deserves a red badge for is his incessant Chemical Weapons measures. :P

Seems like only yesterday... *sniffle*
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:18 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

Seems like only yesterday... *sniffle*

Hey.... How many times did it take you to get Quote's commendation repealed? :p
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:19 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
SkyDip wrote:Seems like only yesterday... *sniffle*

Hey.... How many times did it take you to get Quote's commendation repealed? :p

Twice submitted, I think.

EDIT: Three, tops.
Last edited by SkyDip on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lomudia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

hi

Postby Lomudia » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:37 pm

I really want to join the world assembly i will be VERY active and want to really try EVERYTHING i can on this website lol i promise i will be a very posotive add to this world assembly, thank you.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Lomudia wrote:I really want to join the world assembly i will be VERY active and want to really try EVERYTHING i can on this website lol i promise i will be a very posotive add to this world assembly, thank you.

Uhhh....great. You do that by going to this page and clicking "Apply to Join."

Lomudia
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lomudia » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:40 pm

i already have and i'm now a member.

Lomudia
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lomudia » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:41 pm

now to discuss Condemn The Dourian Embassy reseloution, could you give me some background on this?

Lomudia
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lomudia » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:42 pm

jut to let you know i voted for.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:45 pm

Lomudia wrote:now to discuss Condemn The Dourian Embassy reseloution, could you give me some background on this?

Yeah - read the thread. Also, don't post three times in a row.

Lomudia
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lomudia » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:46 pm

sorry about that , duly noted.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Lomudia wrote:sorry about that , duly noted.

You're fine. I'd suggest familiarizing yourself with NationStates a little more before jumping head-first into the World Assembly. It can be a...snarky place.

Margno
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Margno » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:05 pm

Lomudia wrote:I really want to join the world assembly i will be VERY active and want to really try EVERYTHING i can on this website lol i promise i will be a very posotive add to this world assembly, thank you.

These threads would be a good place to start. Then lurk, (read lots of stuff that other people have posted without posting yourself) for a while. Then start contributing once you've got the gist of how everything works.
Last edited by Margno on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.
We have nothing to lose but the world. We have our souls to gain.
You!
Me.
Nothing you can possibly do can make God love you any more or any less.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:09 pm

SkyDip wrote: It can be a...snarky place.

It's actually a festering herpes ridden hole in a pile of dog feces, that makes Freddy's worst nightmare look like Disneyland.

Just saying....

/threadjack over
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:32 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
SkyDip wrote: It can be a...snarky place.

It's actually a festering herpes ridden hole in a pile of dog feces, that makes Freddy's worst nightmare look like Disneyland.

Just saying....

/threadjack over

You're no fun. :P

Cognigotoapagawayiagan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cognigotoapagawayiagan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:56 am

I give this my full support and approval. The Dourian Embassy needs to be condemned.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:18 am

Interesting - despite an early pile AGAINST this proposal (including my own region, no less Image ) 224-0, the FORs still lead by over 1,000 votes, nearly all coming from individual WA nations (889 of the current 1,098).

New United Republic
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New United Republic » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:57 am

President Jonas Tyran looks at the Security Council resolution on his desk and tries to develop a position.

"So, a nation submits appeals to the WA, participating in free discussion of ideas, and they're being CONDEMNED for it?!" asks the President to his assistant. "Technically, yes." said the assistant. "They will be sure to hear about this." the President responds.

Letter from the President of the New United Republic
A Condemnation of a Condemnation

Dear fellow nations of the World Assembly,

I, as President of the New United Republic, hereby condemns this condemnation. The purpose of this resolution is to condemn a nation for participating in the democratic process, giving their opinions and due to their success in getting support to pass their resolutions, they are being condemned because those who see them as malevolent did not get what they want. If this resolution passes, I will be greatly saddened. The whole purpose of the WA is for nations to come together to vote, and decide the path of international affairs as a collective. Surely, this resolution itself is an example of said democratic participation, but it is for misguided and destructive reasons and will serve no good at all but to punish a nation for participating in this democracy. I am submitting my nation's vote today, and it will be against this stupid resolution. I hope that others will join me in solidarity, and those who have voted for the condemnation will rethink their choice.

Sincerely,
Jonas Tyran
President of the New United Republic
New United Republic Government, Executive Branch
PRO: Conservatism, Traditionalism, Nationalism, Classical Republicanism
ANTI: Communism, Socialism, Pacifism, Consumerism, Safe Spaces
Military Status: At Peace
Threat Level: Green

Current RP Situations
None at the Moment

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:52 am

New United Republic wrote:<snip for bullshit>

A simple "Against" would have sufficed.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives